Cyber bullying: Technology and McLuhan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coberst

Nod
No way out? Just turn the computer off.

ermm

Shinde Imasu
Holy crap. I don't know what else to say about that. That's just wrong. Our technology has become our master. We all rely on it WAY too much. If it gets to a point where a 13 year old girl commits suicide simply because a group unknown to her call her things like a whore, then it's getting a little too far.

Saying that, that mob is a bunch of heartless b******s.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about this. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

WrathfulDwarf
There is only ONE way to stop a Cyb er Bully.

Punching him in the face. Then he'll report you and run to his mommy.

A rather harsh generalization but plausible.

coberst

Bardock42
One less moron. Awesome.

DigiMark007
I get the vague feeling that some of coberst's musings belong in the conspiracy forum. Or GDF, at least. I fail to see how this qualifies as philosophy, in the generally accepted sense of the word.

Schecter

lord xyz
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

A rather harsh generalization but plausible. You assume the cyber bully is male?

Steak Knife
Looks like more and more measures are being taken to prevent cyber bullying. Here's a few recent articles I found on it. Seems authorities are mainly focussing on teens, which is lucky for me. I like to threaten to kill people on KMC once in a while. I better cut down on that.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/10/bully/

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=2774728&ClientType=Printable

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Schecter
lol
Yeah.. I, too, find the death of a 13-year-old very hilarious indeed.no expression

dadudemon
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah.. I, too, find the death of a 13-year-old very hilarious indeed.no expression

I bet a douche-bag that laughs are 13-year-old girls who are traumitized to the point of suicide, would also be dick enough to post a PM that you "didn't" want posted on the forums. Just a hunch. hmm

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
I bet a douche-bag that laughs are 13-year-old girls who are traumitized to the point of suicide, would also be dick enough to post a PM that you "didn't" want posted on the forums. Just a hunch. hmm

That's not a "hunch".

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
That's not a "hunch".
He does that too??!?!?!?!? What a jerk. 313

Cammii
I heard this my dad got the report at his job.It's sad, I mean people shouldnt bully others mainly on the internet.Because you don't know if they have problems or how they will take it. This led to a girl dying ,which is sad. Though people cant do anything but there should be something done . Because the girls family lost her,and had to suffer.I scaned through this i know the story.

Bullying in any form away hurts kids that people don't even know could happen.

Robtard
There's always the option of walking away from the computer, in lieu of hanging yourself. Just a thought.

you get thorns
Originally posted by dadudemon

Interesting.

jinXed by JaNx
You stupid nerds need to get a life

ADarksideJedi
Get off the computer and call the cops.I had something like this happen to me and the cops arrested that person and it stopped.

Wild Shadow
are you guys kidding me?!!

i dont like cyber bullying but it shouldnt be a crime and ppl shouldnt be getting arrested for it what is wrong with you ppl have anyone heard of oh i dont know constitutional rights and freedom of speech?

and no hurting your feelings isnt unconstitutional... dont matter how old you are

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
are you guys kidding me?!!

i dont like cyber bullying but it shouldnt be a crime and ppl shouldnt be getting arrested for it what is wrong with you ppl have anyone heard of oh i dont know constitutional rights and freedom of speech?

and no hurting your feelings isnt unconstitutional... dont matter how old you are

If they are threathing you then it is consider a crime.The cop that I talked too had said this to me.

Wild Shadow
facepalm2

goading ppl isnt a crime and a lot of cops, lawyers and judges are seriously skewing the laws and interpretation to even remotely make such a case in regards to cyber bullying

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by WickedDynamite

A rather harsh generalization but plausible.

Could always send them a gnarly virus, that works pretty well too. I mean, i've heard. wink

ADarksideJedi
facepalm2

goading ppl isnt a crime and a lot of cops, lawyers and judges are seriously skewing the laws and interpretation to even remotely make such a case in regards to cyber bullying

Ok whatever you say. wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Ok whatever you say. wink

Are you going to let him bully you like that? big grin

ADarksideJedi
lol acourse not!

Wild Shadow
i think it is rare to be arrested for cyber bullying.

i mean in my state it may not even be illegal and if it were i doubt it would be taken too seriously..

i mean could you imagine.. some poster from canada threaten to kick my @$$ b/c we were debating and it got heated..

you dont live in canada why are you worried? get out of here and tell us when your threaten in person not on D&D

Juk3n
Clearly the girl has psychological problems, it's not even a story, im sure theres some knife crime or gun crime or a kidnapping soewhere that needs to be brought to attention..

Some crazy girl killed herself from reading some text online? Well? One less crazy person in the world who could have possibly become dangerous to others aswell as herself. Thank goodness my son and daughter have one less mental case sharing there environment.

ADarksideJedi
i think it is rare to be arrested for cyber bullying.

i mean in my state it may not even be illegal and if it were i doubt it would be taken too seriously..

i mean could you imagine.. some poster from canada threaten to kick my @$$ b/c we were debating and it got heated..

you dont live in canada why are you worried? get out of here and tell us when your threaten in person not on D&D

What state do you live in?Yea like I am going to leave just because you say so that is a laugh! laughing roll eyes (sarcastic)

Amazing Vrayo!!

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
What state do you live in?Yea like I am going to leave just because you say so that is a laugh! laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) look to the left of my post in my avatar.. i wasnt saying you need to leave just saying what the cops would say to me if i when in with a cyber bullying complained wink

ADarksideJedi
look to the left of my post in my avatar.. i wasnt saying you need to leave just saying what the cops would say to me if i when in with a cyber bullying complained wink

Oh ok never been to that state.So just leave as get out of the police station or just leave the site? confused

Wild Shadow
they would tell me to leave the police station and grow a pair and stop posting in a forum that i am being picked on or block them...

ADarksideJedi
they would tell me to leave the police station and grow a pair and stop posting in a forum that i am being picked on or block them...

I was told that but I did block them however.I thought the cops did a great job with helping me. cool

Wild Shadow
wait.. your a victim of cyber bullying?

ADarksideJedi
Yes a while back but it was on facebook and text not on here.

Wild Shadow
facepalm2
sigh.. the cops and anyone who intrudes on and violates the constitutional rights deserves to be locked up with the same ppl that they arrest..

ADarksideJedi
facepalm2
sigh.. the cops and anyone who intrudes on and violates the constitutional rights deserves to be locked up with the same ppl that they arrest..

I am sure they are out now.But they are leaving me alone so that is all that I could ask for. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.