Hypertime proof to Myx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
I have heard that Myx is put into a very high cosmic status at DC because of the theory of hypertime, I'd like to know how that rolls to choose myself if such thing is truth or if only the elseworlds referenced in the main DCU can be taken as cannon. I just want to hear the explanation to know what side to take in futures discussions, people are welcomed to show the flaws or strenghts of said theory. Thanks.

You can also direct me to a link with the explanation.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Bentley
I have heard that Myx is put into a very high cosmic status at DC because of the theory of hypertime, I'd like to know how that rolls to choose myself if such thing is truth or if only the elseworlds referenced in the main DCU can be taken as cannon. I just want to hear the explanation to know what side to take in futures discussions, people are welcomed to show the flaws or strenghts of said theory. Thanks.

You can also direct me to a link with the explanation.
World's funnest was an elseworld's story. But the thing is, Mxy exist only as one being. As does the spectre. In Countdown, essential reading listed An "Alternate" reality mxy. which further proves that there is only one mxy. Also, the joker took over the DCU with myx's power. And in superman batman 25, mxy pulled various supermen and batman out of the previously destroyed multiverse. THus proving that he is beyond any retcon. Oh, and he wrapped up the ultimator, the emobiment of everything in a plastic comic. He's also shown as a peer of the spectre goign around fixing all of the dmg done by the joker.

Galan007

You can also direct me to a link with the explanation. Would a scan of Mxy himself directly referencing Hypertime in a Superman comic be sufficient?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_mxyz5.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galan007
Would a scan of Mxy himself directly referencing Hypertime in a Superman comic be sufficient?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_mxyz5.jpg

Excellent. I've never seen that one. You really should get with me so we can do that DC cosmics Thread. Of course it might need to wait a bit till we see who's killing off the new gods.

Bentley
Where does it say there is only one Myx?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Where does it say there is only one Myx?

Essential Reading list an alternate version of Mxy as part of the reading of mxy. There is also only one 5th dimension. If there were other mxy's surely sbp would have south them out after mxy wouldnt' help him destroy the multiverse.

Bentley
Well, is there any other source?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Well, is there any other source?

There is only one 5th dimension. It was never destroyed in the crisis.

Bentley
I thought that the New Gods were not affected by the crisis but Orion appears in Kindom Come and Darkseid in other elseworlds. So I still don't see how that places Myx as a one of.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I thought that the New Gods were not affected by the crisis but Orion appears in Kindom Come and Darkseid in other elseworlds. So I still don't see how that places Myx as a one of.

DS protected Apok from The crisis. That woudl allude that there was only one of him. New gen wasn't protected that i'm aware of. DS in an else worlds isn't hard to believe. He's appeared in alterante time lines before. Could be the same one or avatars or what ever. There is only one mxy and that is for sure. He even talks about his many different forms he's taken down thru the years and low and behold, listed in essential reading is an "alternate" reality mxy.

Bentley
What I don't get is why is it so certain that there is only one Myx? Is it stated somewhere in panel? Myx listed as of someone of an alternate reality doesn't mean there is just one Myx, it could make allusion of an alternate version of Myx.

Dick Grayson
What I don't get is why is it so certain that there is only one Myx? Is it stated somewhere in panel? Myx listed as of someone of an alternate reality doesn't mean there is just one Myx, it could make allusion of an alternate version of Myx.

What are you getting at confused

Galan007
What I don't get is why is it so certain that there is only one Myx? Is it stated somewhere in panel? Myx listed as of someone of an alternate reality doesn't mean there is just one Myx, it could make allusion of an alternate version of Myx. On the flip side,
I can't recall it ever being stated on panel that there is more than one version of Mxy.

So,
until such is stated, I won't just assume he has differing versions. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl

Let me put it to you this way so you'lll get it, SMP needed mxy's power to destroy the multiverse and recreate his universe. IF there were alternate mxy's wouldn't he have just gotten one that would have cooperated with him? He got a zatanna to do his will, why not another mxy? Y didn't he? BEcuz there is only one mxy.

Newjak
On the flip side,
I can't recall it ever being stated on panel that there is more than one version of Mxy.

So,
until such is stated, I won't just assume he has differing versions. smile But at the same time does that make every appearance of Mxy cannon smile

celestialdemon
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Excellent. I've never seen that one. You really should get with me so we can do that DC cosmics Thread. Of course it might need to wait a bit till we see who's killing off the new gods.

I would actually love for you guys to do that, because they DC cosmic heirarchy is still a mystery to me. I know the main players, but once you get past the first 2 or 3 tiers, I'm lost.

Galan007
Originally posted by Newjak
But at the same time does that make every appearance of Mxy cannon smile You keep that debate in the thread it came from mister!! mad

stick out tongue

Newjak
You keep that debate in the thread it came from!! mad

stick out tongue I'm Newjak I do what I want to
shifty

Bentley
On the flip side,

So,
until such is stated, I won't just assume he has differing versions. smile

I'm not saying you cannot do that, but it sounds like an interpretation, if you are aware its just an interpretation you cannot expect the others to think its true. Take Storm fans as an example.

Let me put it to you this way so you'lll get it, SMP needed mxy's power to destroy the multiverse and recreate his universe. IF there were alternate mxy's wouldn't he have just gotten one that would have cooperated with him? He got a zatanna to do his will, why not another mxy? Y didn't he? BEcuz there is only one mxy.

Thats a fair question... Based in a very recent comic which pumps an emo kriptonian busting different earths, I don't say its not an interesting point, but we draw the conclusion of him being unique by something not entirely conclusive. Someone could just suppose that if he cannot get to convince a Myx he won't bother to try to convince another, after all Superman Prime is very emotional, he does not pick the most rational thing to do in every turn.

Galan007
I'm not saying you cannot do that, but it sounds like an interpretation, if you are aware its just an interpretation you cannot expect the others to think its true. Take Storm fans as an example. My statement wasn't a simple interpretation.... T'was a fact. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
I'm not saying you cannot do that, but it sounds like an interpretation, if you are aware its just an interpretation you cannot expect the others to think its true. Take Storm fans as an example.

Thats a fair question... Based in a very recent comic which pumps an emo kriptonian busting different earths, I don't say its not an interesting point, but we draw the conclusion of him being unique by something not entirely conclusive. Someone could just suppose that if he cannot get to convince a Myx he won't bother to try to convince another, after all Superman Prime is very emotional, he does not pick the most rational thing to do in every turn.

And yet even with all of his emotion, he was smart enough to pick an uber zatanna to bind mxy's will? Come on now, you are stretching.

Bentley
Clearly Prime intended to succeed in creating another reality, but once he tried to kill Myx, what happened? Him and Zatanna pretty much made a case about that not being practical at all.

"We who live by our wits" -me paraphrasing Zatanna.

I think that the whole experience of being insulted, called over his own pubic hair and mocked would test his patience to try to repeat the same thing once again. That, in my opinion, would be entirely in character.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Clearly Prime intended to succeed in creating another reality, but once he tried to kill Myx, what happened? Him and Zatanna pretty much made a case about that not being practical at all.

"We who live by our wits" -me paraphrasing Zatanna.

I think that the whole experience of being insulted, called over his own pubic hair and mocked would test his patience to try to repeat the same thing once again. That, in my opinion, would be entirely in character.

The thing is, There can be no other versions of mxy, as said by prime, His magic is the most powerful. Period. Case closed.

Newjak
The thing is, There can be no other versions of mxy, as said by prime, His magic is the most powerful. Period. Case closed. You know because Prime is the foremost expert right roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
You know because Prime is the foremost expert right roll eyes (sarcastic) Since he is warped to the Multiverse, I'd say so.

Bentley
I understand that Myx's magic -that should not even be magic- is uber, I get that Myx is uber. The aspect of Myx being one in the multiverse is the part that escapes me, I mean, this hypertime theory about World Funnest cannonicity and stuff comes before the Prime era. What did people use to justify it back then?

nvrbeenwthagirl
I understand that Myx's magic -that should not even be magic- is uber, I get that Myx is uber. The aspect of Myx being one in the multiverse is the part that escapes me, I mean, this hypertime theory about World Funnest cannonicity and stuff comes before the Prime era. What did people use to justify it back then?
No one said any of the else world's were cannon until Hypertime.

Bentley
The problem is that I have yet to see a proof of Myx being unique, and by that I mean a solid proof thats not implied by some recent circumstance that can be explained in a dozen different ways. I don't say that it cannot be the case that Myx is indeed unique, what I find is that its a thing that can be debated, hence you cannot use it as proof when you debate because its not a widely accepted fact.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The problem is that I have yet to see a proof of Myx being unique, and by that I mean a solid proof thats not implied by some recent circumstance that can be explained in a dozen different ways. I don't say that it cannot be the case that Myx is indeed unique, what I find is that its a thing that can be debated, hence you cannot use it as proof when you debate because its not a widely accepted fact.

Are you kidding me? New year's evil. All the proof you need. Mxy was the ONLY imp in the 5th dimensional guard that survived the Ultimators onslaught.

Newjak
Since he is warped to the Multiverse, I'd say so. I'd say no srring as he has the magical background of a rock.

Galan007
I'd say no srring as he has the magical background of a rock. But he can obviously sense magical beings, or else how would he have known he needed to get to the 5th Dimension to find the most powerful magic-related being?

Newjak
But he can obviously sense magical beings, or else how would he have known he needed to get to the 5th Dimension to find the most powerful magic-related being? Because he knows MXY is from there?

nvrbeenwthagirl
But he can obviously sense magical beings, or else how would he have known he needed to get to the 5th Dimension to find the most powerful magic-related being?

And he found the only version of Zatanna able to bind mxy's will. He's obviously not the retard people think he is.

Galan007
Because he knows MXY is from there? How?

If he had never encountered Mxy before hand... Seems to me like he can sense them in some way.

Bentley
I just don't see where the idea of Myx being unique comes from, things mentioned so far don't seem like enough.

Newjak
And he found the only version of Zatanna able to bind mxy's will. He's obviously not the retard people think he is. How do you know she was the only one?

How?

If he had never encountered Mxy before hand... Seems to me like he can sense them in some way. I'm not definitive but SMP had been beating up on MXY for awhile would it not be more simple that Mxy told him about it?

Galan007
I'm not definitive but SMP had been beating up on MXY for awhile would it not be more simple that Mxy told him about it? That's not what I'm saying.

How else would Prime have known that he had to punch a hole into the 5th-D to get Mxy, if he couldn't sense powerful magic users?

Newjak
That's not what I'm saying.

How else would Prime have known that he had to punch a hole into the 5th-D to get Mxy, if he couldn't sense powerful magic users? He still had Evil Zatanna he could have also asked her where Mxy went?

He could have sensed the remnants of the energy of the portal Mxy used, and deduced that if Mxy went there it must be a place of powerful magic?

I'm just saying there has never been a shred of evidence pointing to the fact SMP can actually say what the most powerful of something can be.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He still had Evil Zatanna he could have also asked her where Mxy went?

He could have sensed the remnants of the energy of the portal Mxy used, and deduced that if Mxy went there it must be a place of powerful magic?

I'm just saying there has never been a shred of evidence pointing to the fact SMP can actually say what the most powerful of something can be.

Except you know, he's been watching the Multiverse since it started over from inside a cosmic cell. Kthanksbyebyenow. He's literally Billions of years old and has watched everything go on. Next time, don't pick with an AVID mxy fan.

Galan007
He still had Evil Zatanna he could have also asked her where Mxy went?

I'm just saying there has never been a shred of evidence pointing to the fact SMP can actually say what the most powerful of something can be. Meh,
This is a circular debate. It's best to just stop now. stick out tongue

Newjak
Meh,
This is a circular debate. It's best to just stop now. stick out tongue Newjak says keep it going mad

I just want to know what evidence is there that SMP can attest to exactly what power level a magic being is?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Newjak says keep it going mad

I just want to know what evidence is there that SMP can attest to exactly what power level a magic being is?

The fact that he's been watching the Universe since it's inception from a cosmic cell.

Galan007
I just want to know what evidence is there that SMP can attest to exactly what power level a magic being is? Well, Prime's damn lucky if he just randomly punched a hole to the 5th-D.... happened to grab Mxy.... and then kidnap an alternate Zatanna, who was mysteriously able to contain Mxy's power.

A lucky fella indeed. smile

Anyhow,
That will be my last post in this thread, for aforementioned reason(s).... No offense. smile

Newjak
Well, Prime's damn lucky if he just randomly punched a hole to the 5th-D.... happened to grab Mxy.... and also kidnapped an alternate Zatanna, who was mysteriously able to contain Mxy's power.

A lucky fella indeed. smile

Anyhow,
That will be my last post in this thread, for aforementioned reason(s).... No offense. smile Well he does seem to be a lucky guy.

I mean instead of being vaporized he did materialize in the Multiverse.

That seems like a lucky fella to me stick out tongue

Galan007
Would a scan of Mxy himself directly referencing Hypertime in a Superman comic be sufficient?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_mxyz5.jpg Here's one I forgot..

An indirect, yet direct, scan of Mxy referencing Hypertime -- Again..

"Time will need ritalin, it's gonna be so Hyper":

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_mxyz3.jpg

srug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.