Sephiroth runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Violent2Dope
1. Cloud from FFVII
2. Grey Fox from MGS
3. Fortinbras from Onimusha
4. Omega Weiss
5. Chaos Vincent from FFVII: DoC
6. Ganondorf from LoZ
7. The Silver Haired Men from FFVII: AC
8. Trance Kuja
9. Perfect Chaos from Sonic
10. Pyron from Darkstalkers

He gets full rest between each fight, and has all the materia he used in FFVII. This is AC Sephiroth, but I will allow any CC powers as well.

Debate.

ESB -1138
He dies at 1 as seen in FF7 and AC

Sol Valentine
He stops either at Chaos, KUJA!, or Pyron.

Furion
i think he gets all the way up to 10.
I lol at 7, Sephiroth would defeat those guys simply by thinking it.

fascistcrusader
I thought gauntlets were supposed to get progressively harder...

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I thought gauntlets were supposed to get progressively harder... It does.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by ESB -1138
He dies at 1 as seen in FF7 and AC Lol, this is a serious Seph not holding back.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Furion
i think he gets all the way up to 10.
I lol at 7, Sephiroth would defeat those guys simply by thinking it. I think he would have problems with Grey Fox(mad fast with camo to be invisible), Fortinbras(powerful entity indeed, took the combined powers of Roberto, Jubei, Tenkai/Samonosuke, Ohatsu, all of these peoples some ways above humans, and Soki, the Onimusha, to beat him,and all but Soki were knocked out before he was defeated), Chaos Vince(would still prolly lose, but not easily), Ganon(vastly powerful godlike being), the SHM(numbers game), Trance Kuja(IMO who he stops at), Perfect Chaos(the god of destruction...nuff said), and he of course loses to Pyron.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Lol, this is a serious Seph not holding back.

Omnislash for the win. Sephiroth goes down at 1.

Violent2Dope
Omnislash for the win. Sephiroth goes down at 1. Are you serious? A serious Seph will stomp Cloud.

ESB -1138
Are you serious? A serious Seph will stomp Cloud.

Well thus far that hasn't been proven that Sephiroth can defeat Cloud because if Sephiroth was vastly stronger than that omnislash would have been no problem from him to evade or block.

ThoraxeRMG
He most likely dies at 10

Well thus far that hasn't been proven that Sephiroth can defeat Cloud

Yes it has.

because if Sephiroth was vastly stronger than that omnislash would have been no problem from him to evade or block.

Uh, confusion much.
Sephiroth didn't know what the hell was going on.

Terryc250
Well thus far that hasn't been proven that Sephiroth can defeat Cloud because if Sephiroth was vastly stronger than that omnislash would have been no problem from him to evade or block.

Do u know what PIS is?

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
He Uh, confusion much.
Sephiroth didn't know what the hell was going on.

So he stays in the same place with his finger up his butt. Okay so he's not smart because it's not like Cloud has ever used omnislash to kill him before.

Violent2Dope
Well thus far that hasn't been proven that Sephiroth can defeat Cloud because if Sephiroth was vastly stronger than that omnislash would have been no problem from him to evade or block. It's a queer little thing called PIS. The creators confirmed Seph is the strongest in FFVII, period.

fascistcrusader
It does.

If you're serious you really do know nothing of FF VII. Omega Weiss >>>>>>>> Cloud > the SHM.

Keollyn
He dies at 1 as seen in FF7 and AC

QFAFT

Violent2Dope
It does.

If you're serious you really do know nothing of FF VII. Omega Weiss >>>>>>>> Cloud > the SHM. Cloud was able to defend against two of the SHM, he would have died fighting all three.

SHM
He gets all the way up to 10.

fascistcrusader
Cloud was able to defend against two of the SHM, he would have died fighting all three.

No wonder you underrate everyone in FFVII, you know nothing about it.

Did you even see Advent Children? With geostigma he fended off Loz and Yazoo on m otorbikes no problem, and without it kicked Kadaj's ass no problem. Sans geostigma the SHM would be curbstomped by Cloud.

Learn something about FFVII before trying to debate its characters....

EvilAngel
Don't know bout 9.

You say Pyron from DS, that mean 20% Pyron?

If it's 20% Pyron, theres a chance he can clear it.

100% Pyron, can you say Curbstomp?

Violent2Dope
Cloud was able to defend against two of the SHM, he would have died fighting all three.

No wonder you underrate everyone in FFVII, you know nothing about it.

Did you even see Advent Children? With geostigma he fended off Loz and Yazoo on m otorbikes no problem, and without it kicked Kadaj's ass no problem. Sans geostigma the SHM would be curbstomped by Cloud.

Learn something about FFVII before trying to debate its characters.... 1. And you powerwank the characters and think saying "he's a god" qualifies as a good argument. sly

2. He fended, DEFENDED, against them, couldn't beat them. Hell, if I remember right, they were PLAYING with him. Yes, I have seen it, tho I admit it has been awhile. And the fight between him and Kadaj wasn't as one sided as you make it seem. All three would have wupped his ass IMO.

3. Learn sumthin about debating before you do it.

IMO, he stops at either Ganon or Trance Kuja.

Oh and Evil Angel, even 20% Pyron from OVA would stomp Seph.

Terryc250
Oh and Evil Angel, even 20% Pyron from OVA would stomp Seph.

If its this Pyron ur referring to
6pvELOKEGcs

He would lose to Sephiroth, regular ppl were taking shots from him and surviving he was fighting a regular guy and the guy took like 20 shots from Pyron and lived, even robots were taking multiple shots, he fought on a buildings and the buildings was unscathed, if it were Sephiroth just toying around the building would be reduced to shreds.

fascistcrusader
1. No, stating a fact is not "powerwanking."

2. He was easily fending them off while he had a crippling disease. He kicked Kadaj's ass no contest. In the AC reunion files they said they didn't have Cloud grunt to portray how easy the fight was.

3. Yes, you do need to learn about FFVII before arguing it.

It all makes sense now, you thinking Link could beat Sephiroth, you underrating everything from the FFVII universe. You literally know nothing about it.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Terryc250
If its this Pyron ur referring to
6pvELOKEGcs

He would lose to Sephiroth, regular ppl were taking shots from him and surviving he was fighting a regular guy and the guy took like 20 shots from Pyron and lived, even robots were taking multiple shots, he fought on a buildings and the buildings was unscathed, if it were Sephiroth just toying around the building would be reduced to shreds. Lol, normal people? Phailure. Watch the first part of the video, see that attack he did to finish off Rikuo(the fish guy)? That alone would kill Sephiroth.

Tell me, what "regular people" did he fight? I hope you are not talking about Donavan(guy with big sword), in the OVA he casually cut a building in half(I mean the ENTIRE building) by telekinetically throwing his sword at it, with one arm he stabbed his sword into a large falling piece of a cliff to keep it from falling(to save some people) and was having a demonic blood draining sword being stabbed into him, multiple times, and still held it up. He destroyed HUNDREDS of Phobos with one attack. Donavan is not a "regular guy" and would crush Seph.

Pyron casually destroyed cities in the OVA with mini suns. no expression So because not every attack he did blew up a building means Seph is superior? Lol, Superman Prime physically destroys planets, but his fight didn't destroy the city, so by that logic that feat should be disregarded. Pyron with one attck nuked a forest. Can't destroy buildings my ass.

Violent2Dope
1. No, stating a fact is not "powerwanking."

2. He was easily fending them off while he had a crippling disease. He kicked Kadaj's ass no contest. In the AC reunion files they said they didn't have Cloud grunt to portray how easy the fight was.

3. Yes, you do need to learn about FFVII before arguing it.

It all makes sense now, you thinking Link could beat Sephiroth, you underrating everything from the FFVII universe. You literally know nothing about it. 1. So it is a fact that Sephiroth is a god? Based on what? Power? He is not a "divine being" like you have said he is.

2. I will concede this point if you can get the quote that says he was far superior. I will change the order if you do.

3. I do know about FFVII, but I don't glorify it.

No, I said composite Link could possibly, do you have any idea what every Link combined could do. I don't underrate shit. I don't overrate it either, like you do mr. "Seph is a god so he wins".

Furion
Seph at AC power owns Donovan. Seph can Cut through buildings like they're nothing. Speed, Magic, and Sword play, Seph ubers Donovan at. Seph isn't a god but isn't human either. He's "Special". Seph likes to go around telling everyone he's god but is not. I'm a HUGE seph fanboy and I still think he loses this Gauntlet. Nonetheless, Seph still owns the majority of the Gauntlet.

Terryc250
Lol, normal people? Phailure. Watch the first part of the video, see that attack he did to finish off Rikuo(the fish guy)? That alone would kill Sephiroth.

Tell me, what "regular people" did he fight? I hope you are not talking about Donavan(guy with big sword), in the OVA he casually cut a building in half(I mean the ENTIRE building) by telekinetically throwing his sword at it, with one arm he stabbed his sword into a large falling piece of a cliff to keep it from falling(to save some people) and was having a demonic blood draining sword being stabbed into him, multiple times, and still held it up. He destroyed HUNDREDS of Phobos with one attack. Donavan is not a "regular guy" and would crush Seph.

Pyron casually destroyed cities in the OVA with mini suns. no expression So because not every attack he did blew up a building means Seph is superior? Lol, Superman Prime physically destroys planets, but his fight didn't destroy the city, so by that logic that feat should be disregarded. Pyron with one attck nuked a forest. Can't destroy buildings my ass.

Ur really underrating Sephiroth you do realize he has the power of the planet right?

Violent2Dope
Ur really underrating Sephiroth you do realize he has the power of the planet right? That's cool. Pyron in the OVA made his face bigger than one. Also, his durability is nothin special, he would be crushed, all you say is "Ur underrating Seph", I can back up all my points with vids if you want.

Violent2Dope
Seph at AC power owns Donovan. Seph can Cut through buildings like they're nothing. Speed, Magic, and Sword play, Seph ubers Donovan at. Seph isn't a god but isn't human either. He's "Special". Seph likes to go around telling everyone he's god but is not. I'm a HUGE seph fanboy and I still think he loses this Gauntlet. Nonetheless, Seph still owns the majority of the Gauntlet. Buildings? Donavan casually cut one in half by TKing his sword. Speed? That really wouldn't matter, D's shield would block any attack from Seph, and I honestly doubt he is faster than D, the guy can go Silver Sufur for Christ's sake. Magic? Lol, no. D's sword is powered by 3 elemental gods which grant him great magic power, which is added to his own power as a Dhampir. Swordplay? In traditional swordplay, sure. D doesn't practice traditional swordplay. He TKs his sword and uses H2H and swordplay at the same time. And the strength advantage DEFINATELY goes to D.

He stops at Trance Kuja IMO. If not, Perfect Chaos crushes him.

Terryc250
saying "Donovan will crush Sephiroth" is underrating Sephiroth, does Donovan have the power of the planet? I doubt Donovan would even beat Chaos Vincent.

Violent2Dope
saying "Donovan will crush Sephiroth" is underrating Sephiroth, does Donovan have the power of the planet? I doubt Donovan would even beat Chaos Vincent. Lol. He would Silver Surfur both of them. Or cut them in half. Or freeze them. Or just rip them to shreds with his attack he used to kill hundreds of Phobos.

Furion
Sephiroth could own way more then hundreds of Phobos. Sephiroth Definatly owns in speed. He can go faster then Weiss and Chaos Vincent and THAT'S FAST.Silver Sufur can go get F*cked. If he dies by Marvel Zombies, then he sucks hard. Speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TK sword play and H2H.

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth could own way more then hundreds of Phobos. Sephiroth Definatly owns in speed. He can go faster then Weiss and Chaos Vincent and THAT'S FAST.Silver Sufur can go get F*cked. If he dies by Marvel Zombies, then he sucks hard. Speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TK sword play and H2H. For implying Seph>Silver Surfur, you should get shot. SS would STOMP Sephiroth. Also, Marvel Zombies is not canon to the mainstream Silver Surfur(616).

Seph can own way more than hundreds of Phobos? Each one can vaped cities with a barrage of missiles.

No proof Seph can go faster than Weiss or Chaos Vincent, and even if he could, Donavan IS STILL faster.

D Silver Surfurs Seph ftw.

Furion
how does that smiling smug loser own Seph. Seph chops that smug in half when he shows up.Seph can fly as well.
Seph could still own those guys by deflecting there missles and having them bounce off to Uwe Bolls house.
Show some proof of Donny going faster.

Violent2Dope
how does that smiling smug loser own Seph. Seph chops that smug in half when he shows up.Seph can fly as well.
Seph could still own those guys by deflecting there missles and having them bounce off to Uwe Bolls house.
Show some proof of Donny going faster. 1. What smiling smug?

2. Deflect missiles? With what? His sword!? haermm

3. Kay. Here is a vid showing him Silver Surfur Pyron(which was a bullshit win). Matter of fact...it shows alot of things D can do. Shows him using the power of one of the gods to cause fiery craters, swordfighting with Bishamon, killing hundreds of Phobos with one single rapidfire attack(fueled by a god), using nonlethal H2H force to defeat humans, cutting the building in half, using both H2H and swordskill to fight Pyron, and finally, SSing Pyron.

iurNJduAMJI

Furion
kewl, fine I agree he beats Seph, but not by that much.
Yes people have deflected missles with swords, what are laughing at.
Seph cuts buildings in half like nothing too.

Violent2Dope
kewl, fine I agree he beats Seph, but not by that much.
Yes people have deflected missles with swords, what are laughing at.
Seph cuts buildings in half like nothing too. Those missiles explode when touched...

Seph cuts pieces of buildings in half, D cut a standing building in half.

Furion
yeah, Seph could cut standing buildings in half.
Yeah most missiles explode when touched. People have still deflected missiles in games and Anime before.

Violent2Dope
yeah, Seph could cut standing buildings in half.
Yeah most missiles explode when touched. People have still deflected missiles in games and Anime before. 1. When?

2. What works in one verse or scenario won't always work in another.

Furion
1.ummmmm, in AC with that giant building where he cut off a large portion of it that would be the size of like 2-3 buildings.
2.Well Seph has more skill then those guys so could deflect missiles.

Terryc250
Sephiroth cuts through anything basically, canons buildings etc without exerting himself, who knows how powerful he is if he did exert himself, he infected the lifestream and started to take over which means if Cloud didnt stop him when he first became physically alive again he wouldve done this:

watch at 0:50
zRyKqG7YYZE

IS Donovan capable of that?

fascistcrusader
1. So it is a fact that Sephiroth is a god? Based on what? Power? He is not a "divine being" like you have said he is.

2. I will concede this point if you can get the quote that says he was far superior. I will change the order if you do.

1. The creators have called him a god, and in the AC reunion files say that they animated him to appear divine.

2. From the AC reunion files: "Nomura had Cloud take down Kadaj without really grunting or showing any signs
of straining himself."

3. No, you really don't know much about it. The fact that you think the SHM are a few tiers above Chaos Vincent and Omega Weiss proves this.

Keollyn
This gauntlet was rigged. How do you have a gauntlet that the person doesn't even have a chance getting off the first.

Cloud takes this alone. Hitsugaya style.

Blax_Hydralisk
Silly noobcakes; Sephiroth is a god. He wins.

Furion
Originally posted by Keollyn
This gauntlet was rigged. How do you have a gauntlet that the person doesn't even have a chance getting off the first.

Cloud takes this alone. Hitsugaya style.

Is this AC Cloud. Cloud only won in AC cause of his new move. I think it said ff7 Cloud on there.

Classic NES
What could Sephiroth realistically do to stop Pyron, besides seduce him with gay sex?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Classic NES
What could Sephiroth realistically do to stop Pyron, besides seduce him with gay sex? Fool, Pyron has sex with the rings of Saturn, he doesn't need Seph for sex.

And I just made him the last guy on the gauntlet cause someone here said Seph would beat him.

Furion
Even i don't know if Seph could at him. Post of Vid of Pyron ubering everyone.

Classic NES
Pyron would kick Sephiroths ass, Take a dump on his corpse, and wipe his fiery butt cheeks with Sephiroths long flowing locks.

Violent2Dope
1. So it is a fact that Sephiroth is a god? Based on what? Power? He is not a "divine being" like you have said he is.

1. The creators have called him a god, and in the AC reunion files say that they animated him to appear divine.

2. From the AC reunion files: "Nomura had Cloud take down Kadaj without really grunting or showing any signs
of straining himself."

3. No, you really don't know much about it. The fact that you think the SHM are a few tiers above Chaos Vincent and Omega Weiss proves this. 1. They animated him to "APPEAR" divine. He is not a pantheon "god" nor is he divine, and if he was, that isn't a good argument for why he wins.

2. Alright. I'll make them the first on the gauntlet then, before Cloud, tho gauntlets aren't always weakest to strongest.

3. I rushed thru making the gauntlet, I admit thinking they are above Chaos Vince and Omega Weiss was stupid.

Stops at Trance Kuja.

fascistcrusader
Yes, Sephiroth is a god in AC. He is more powerful than even the legit godess in AC, he made and controls his own lifestream, the creators said they animate him so his appearence matches his divinity, he is a god.

Furion
Sephiroth's wipes the Sephy wannabe from the face of the Earth. He's slices Perfect Chaos's brain in half.

Violent2Dope
Even i don't know if Seph could at him. Post of Vid of Pyron ubering everyone. He's the guy in my sig with his arms around a planet. Check my profile for more stuff of him.

Violent2Dope
Yes, Sephiroth is a god in AC. He is more powerful than even the legit godess in AC, he made and controls his own lifestream, the creators said they animate him so his appearence matches his divinity, he is a god. No, he is more powerful than some gods, that doesn't make him a god. He is not "divine" by any means.

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth's wipes the Sephy wannabe from the face of the Earth. He's slices Perfect Chaos's brain in half. Right...Trance Kuja kills him with Ultima, Perfect Chaos fries him with t3H Godzilla beam.

Classic NES
Does Sepiroth have a divine origin for him to be labeled a God? I see him as an overseer and not a God.

Violent2Dope
Does Sepiroth have a divine origin for him to be labeled a God? I see him as an overseer and not a God. I see him as more of a virus to plague the planet and if all goes well for him, the universe.

Furion
Sephiroth with AC CC FF7 and KH2 powers would be at a draw with 20% Pyron.
Sephiroth blitzes them both before they could do anything.

Violent2Dope
Sephiroth with AC CC FF7 and KH2 powers would be at a draw with 20% Pyron.
Sephiroth blitzes them both before they could do anything. 1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. 20% OVA Pyron one shots him.

2. Trancu Kuja is quite fast as well, and Perfect Chaos can regen and reform, he could hit Seph with those tornadoes to knock him away, then use t3H Godzilla beam.

Furion
1.Fat chance, Sephiroth has instant teleport too and I doubt given his reaction speed that Pyron would get a chance to 1 hit seph.
2.Seph Faster, Seph just Voip Perfect Chaos down to nothing then.

Classic NES
What could sephiroth hit him with that could permanently put him down?

Furion
What could sephiroth hit him with that could permanently put him down?
Who?

Violent2Dope
1.Fat chance, Sephiroth has instant teleport too and I doubt given his reaction speed that Pyron would get a chance to 1 hit seph.
2.Seph Faster, Seph just Voip Perfect Chaos down to nothing then. 1. Pyron nukes the battlefield like he did near the start of the vid in my profile. Pyron can teleport too btw.

2. I don't think Seph is faster than Trance Kuja to be honest...

Voip? Wtf is Voip?

Classic NES
Who?

Pyron?

Violent2Dope
Who? Pyron, and the answer is nothing.

Furion
1. Seph Teleport away from Nuke.
2.Seph going at KH speed when reaction command is teleport speed.
3.Voip is where you do a Large Blast that instantly vaporizes the opponent. Like Shoop-Da-Whoop.

ESB -1138
3.Voip is where you do a Large Blast that instantly vaporizes the opponent. Like Shoop-Da-Whoop.

Pyron would destroy the entire planet thus Sephiroth is dead. Nothing Sephiroth can do can even phaze Pyron...I doubt Sephiroth can take Perfect Chaos either.

Classic NES
Have you seen Pyrons teleport speed?

Furion
20% Pyron can't destroy the entire planet silly.
If Sonic could take Perfect Chaos, Then Sephiroth Ubers Perfect Chaos.

Furion
Have you seen Pyrons teleport speed?
Yeah it's basically Xemnas's Teleport speed cept faster.

Classic NES
You do know that he can attack and reappear simultaneously?

Furion
Have YOU seen the KH battle with Sephiroth?

ESB -1138
20% Pyron can't destroy the entire planet silly.
If Sonic could take Perfect Chaos, Then Sephiroth Ubers Perfect Chaos.

20% is far more than enough to destroy a planet. And don't compare Super Sonic to Sephiroth. Super Sonic is virtually invincible. Perfect Chaos is more of a threat than Sephiroth is. He's the god of destruction.

And show me where it says 20% Pyron please

Furion
Sephiroth is the god of i'm going to rape your soul

ESB -1138
Sephiroth is the god of i'm going to rape your soul

Alright I'm guessing you really have no come back at all and have already ran out of feats for Sephiroth. Sephiroth goes down at the god of destruction Perfect Chaos.

And even then Trance Kuja >>> Sephiroth

Furion
Sephiroth blows up the freaking planet. Sephiroth again Voips Perfect Chaos and dodges it with his superior Teles and blitzes.

fascistcrusader
No, he is more powerful than some gods, that doesn't make him a god. He is not "divine" by any means.

So he is stronger than the known divine being in the universe, and creates things only a god can create, and his creators want him to look divine, and you still can't accept that he is a god?

ESB -1138
Sephiroth blows up the freaking planet.

Like he did in FF7 and Advent Children right? Oh wait...you failed.

Sephiroth again Voips Perfect Chaos and dodges it with his superior Teles and blitzes.

And then gets blasted awat easily by Perfect Chaos's main beam that was capable on easily plowing through the Egg Carrier or just summon forth a tidal wave that was able to engulf Station Square or just summon forth a shower of energy beams. Face it Sephiroth can't stop Perfect Chaos.

And Sephiroth doesn't even make it to Perfect Chaos. Trance Kuja is vastly stronger than Sephiroth. NORMAL Kuja took a direct blast from Bahamut (who whipped out a fleet of ships in seconds) and only suffered a small scar on his head and TRANCE Kuja destroyed an entire planet while Sephiroth failed to even HARM a planet.

Trance Kuja >>>>>>>>>>> Sephiroth
Perfect Chaos >>>>>>>>> Sephiroth
Pyron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (x1,000,000) Sephiroth

Violent2Dope
3.Voip is where you do a Large Blast that instantly vaporizes the opponent. Like Shoop-Da-Whoop. 1. And Pyron just does it again. Or he teles with Seph and rips his arms off.

2. KH is noncanon to Sephiroth.

3. You mean like the one that PC would do to kill Seph?

Violent2Dope
No, he is more powerful than some gods, that doesn't make him a god. He is not "divine" by any means.

So he is stronger than the known divine being in the universe, and creates things only a god can create, and his creators want him to look divine, and you still can't accept that he is a god? 1. Isn't the goddess Minerva only the goddess of the planet?

2. Creates things only a god could create? Like what? the SHM? Many non gods in fiction create living things, doesn't make them gods.

3. Creators wanted him to LOOK divine, I don't know if you noticed, but Seph and Jenova are meant to have a religous godlike theme, Jenova even means "New God".

fascistcrusader
1. Yes, but she is also the only god we know of in the FFVII universe.

2. He created his own lifestream. That is something only a being like Minerva could do.

3. They wanted him to LOOK divine because he IS divine. They gave him a godlike appearence to match his nature.

Violent2Dope
1. Yes, but she is also the only god we know of in the FFVII universe.

2. He created his own lifestream. That is something only a being like Minerva could do.

3. They wanted him to LOOK divine because he IS divine. They gave him a godlike appearence to match his nature. 1. But she is not universal in power, if she was, she would be much stronger than Seph.

2. He created a negative lifestream, if anything, that's more a demonic power than a divine god's.

3. Name one divine thing about Seph, he is more unholy than holy. He thinks he is divine, he isn't tho.

Terryc250
AC Sephiroth > Trance Kuja

The only reason ppl think hes so uber strong is because he destroyed the surface of Terra, big deal.. AC Sephiroth could have done the same to Terra, what counts is if he destroyed Gaia (the planet which the protagonists of the game is on)

Sephiroth on Terra, and ull have one crazy space pirate with a planet size ship.

fascistcrusader
1. A) I never said she was a universal power, and B) no she wouldn't, given that the creators say there is not a single entity in the FFVII universe stronger than Sephiroth.

2. No, it isn't. Only a god can create a lifestream. This is especially stupid since there aren't even actual demons in FFVII's world.

3. I've given plenty of examples. Quit trying to weasel out of this and just accept the facts.

Violent2Dope
1. A) I never said she was a universal power, and B) no she wouldn't, given that the creators say there is not a single entity in the FFVII universe stronger than Sephiroth.

2. No, it isn't. Only a god can create a lifestream. This is especially stupid since there aren't even actual demons in FFVII's world.

3. I've given plenty of examples. Quit trying to weasel out of this and just accept the facts. 1. Ummm, yeah, a universal being would stomp Seph.

2.He created a negative, anti-lifestream, a perversion of the real thing.

3. Ah, the classic,"I don't need proof you just accept it" tactic. Name ANYTHING divine about Seph. You won't find anything. You DO know who Seph is based off of, right?

SHM

The only reason ppl think hes so uber strong is because he destroyed the surface of Terra, big deal.. AC Sephiroth could have done the same to Terra, what counts is if he destroyed Gaia (the planet which the protagonists of the game is on)

Sephiroth on Terra, and ull have one crazy space pirate with a planet size ship.

Exactly. Compared with Gaia(from FFIX or FFVII), Terra is a joke. And he only destroyed the surface of it.

fascistcrusader
1. Not in FFVII. The creatoers have said there is not one single entity in that universe that is stronger than him. This means that if they made a universal being in the FFVII universe, Sephiroth would still top him.

2. Hades was a Greek god who could be called demonic or a perversion of what God's should be, but it doesn't change what he is.

3. I already did. He is stronger than the goddess, and he did something only a god could do, create a lifestream. Pay attention.

Burning thought
1. Not in FFVII. The creatoers have said there is not one single entity in that universe that is stronger than him. This means that if they made a universal being in the FFVII universe, Sephiroth would still top him.

2. Hades was a Greek god who could be called demonic or a perversion of what God's should be, but it doesn't change what he is.

3. I already did. He is stronger than the goddess, and he did something only a god could do, create a lifestream. Pay attention.

2. hades is not demonic, he is simply the God of the underworld and prosperity......who told you he was demonic.....

fascistcrusader
2. No one, but he does have some qualities that would be considered, according to V2D, "unholy rather than holy."

Basically I'm just calling out his crappy argument. He went from, "there is nothing in any way godlike or supernatural about Sephiroth," to, "he's more of a demon than a god," which is his way of admitting he was wrong without actually admitting he's a god.

ESB -1138

Because he didn't try to destroy Gaia the same way he destroyed Terra. He went to destroy the Crystal thus destroying everything. Why destroy a planet when you can just destroy everything?

And AC Sephiroth has never shown even the slightest ability to be able to destroy a planet. Trance Kuja destroyed Terra. Sephiroth never even phased the surface.

fascistcrusader
Trance Kuja glassed the surface. He didn't death star the planet.

Furion
AC Sephiroth >>>>>>>FF7 Sephiroth.

Terryc250
And AC Sephiroth has never shown even the slightest ability to be able to destroy a planet. Trance Kuja destroyed Terra. Sephiroth never even phased the surface.
This is what Sephiroth was taking over and had control of
watch at 0:50
zRyKqG7YYZE

After he takes complete over the lifestream, he can do basically whatever he wants with the planet, destroy it, or alter it as he pleases.

Trance Kuja has been shown to destroy a surface of a planet. Put Sephiroth on Terra, he wouldve took over multiple planets and their lifestream and wouldve became extremely powerful before coming to Gaia

SHM

I disagree. They said there is nothing stronger than him in the world of FFVII. Sometimes, world = universe, but if you think about that, it don't make any sense in this case.
How a guy with controll over one planet, can be equal or above a universal entity?

Furion
Cause the Dude wukk blow yo momma up.

fascistcrusader
I disagree. They said there is nothing stronger than him in the world of FFVII. Sometimes, world = universe, but if you think about that, it don't make any sense in this case.
How a guy with controll over one planet, can be equal or above a universal entity?

First off, they never said it was just the planet of Gaia. They said he was the strongest period. This means in the entire universe of FFVII.

And he'd be stronger than them the same way the son of two scientists became stronger than the planet's godess.

Burning thought
Sephiroth gets his head broken and he dies before advent children cry and wake him up...only to cr@p on him again and again until he cries out with humiliation

Furion
gets his head broken by what?

Burning thought
gets his head broken by what?

kain

Furion
How.

SHM

Furion
In the world of ff7, he meant in the SEVENTH final fantasy.

Burning thought
How.

the magic of television

Furion
Originally posted by Burning thought
the magic of television
why

Burning thought
why

so orphans can have some warmth in their lives so close to christmas

Furion
why

fascistcrusader
To SHM:

This is the quote I was talking about: Kitase said that Sephiroth's existence and will is extremely powerful. There is nothing stronger, nothing above him.

There is nothing there saying it is limited to Gaia, it is talking about the entire universe that FFVII is set in.

Violent2Dope

3. I already did. He is stronger than the goddess, and he did something only a god could do, create a lifestream. Pay attention. 1. Good thing there are no universal entities in FFVII then.

2. No, Hades is the god of the underworld, but is not really evil or sinister, like what Seph does. He is not a god, hell, he is based off THE DEVIL.

3. And none of that equals divine or god. And he corrupted the lifestream, making the negative lifestream, you phail. He is based off Satan for Christ's sake, how does that in any way=divine?

fascistcrusader
1. He is a pretty demonic figure by Jewish, Islanmic, or Christian standards. Sephiroth is also not based off of the devil.

2. Yes it does. Only a god like being could create their own lifestream.

Sephiroth is supernatural on a godlike level, you just can't admit it because of your ignorance and hatred of his.

Violent2Dope
1. He is a pretty demonic figure by Jewish, Islanmic, or Christian standards. Sephiroth is also not based off of the devil.

2. Yes it does. Only a god like being could create their own lifestream.

Sephiroth is supernatural on a godlike level, you just can't admit it because of your ignorance and hatred of his. 1. Yeah, he is.

2. Not really, it makes him super powerful, not a god, and it sure as hell doesn't make him divine.

3. He has godly powers, sure, but he is not a god.

ESB -1138
Dude Hades is no demonic! He watches over the souls of everyone who dies. Hades is not hell. Hell is a place of torture, Hades is divided into two; one for the good (paradise) and one for the bad (hell so to speak). Hades watches over both of them and is no way considered demonic.

Zeus, Posedion, and Hades drew lot to see who got the sky, seas, and the underworld and Hades drew the underworld. Despite modern connotations of death as "evil", Hades was actually more altruistically inclined in mythology. Hades was often portrayed as passive rather than evil; his role was often maintaining relative balance.

fascistcrusader
1. No he isn't. You have already proven with this thread you don't jknow anything about the FFVII universe, don't make stupid claims that make you seem even more foolish.

2 and 3. Now you're just arguing semantics because you don't want to admit being wrong. You admit Sephiroth is more powerful than the godess of Gaia, has godlike powers, looks like a god, but refuse to call a spade a spade because you hate the truth.

To ESB: No, he wasn't demonic to the people who made him up, but by judeo-christian standards he has many demonic qualities. For the last time, I'm n ot saying he is demonic, just that for being a god he has demonic traits.

Furion
meaning he sometimes acts like a demon.

Violent2Dope
1. No he isn't. You have already proven with this thread you don't jknow anything about the FFVII universe, don't make stupid claims that make you seem even more foolish.

2 and 3. Now you're just arguing semantics because you don't want to admit being wrong. You admit Sephiroth is more powerful than the godess of Gaia, has godlike powers, looks like a god, but refuse to call a spade a spade because you hate the truth.

To ESB: No, he wasn't demonic to the people who made him up, but by judeo-christian standards he has many demonic qualities. For the last time, I'm n ot saying he is demonic, just that for being a god he has demonic traits. 1. No, you obviously know less than me and are blinded by your fanboyism to see different. Let's see why Seph is clearly based on Satan:
1. He was once the favorite and greatest Soldier of Shinra, whereas Lucifer(Satan) was God's favorite angel.
2. He fell from grace and grew to hate his creator(Lucifer hated God, Seph hated humans in general).
3. After falling, he traveled the land in a black cloak like Satan did after falling(tho it technically wasn't Seph).
4. Safer Sephiroth highly resembles a Seraph class of angel, Lucifer was a Seraphim.

Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

2. Even by Seph's own admission, he has not achieved godhood, that is what he needed Meteor for. I am a literal guy, Seph is not even immortal, he can't be a god, he is a demi-god more like it.

Terryc250

fascistcrusader
1. You know nothing of Sephiroth, you have said you thought Link could beat him. He is not based off of satan, he is an original creation from the minds of SE employees. Your analogies don't even make sense. God is good, ShinRa is evil. A mad scientist created Sephiroth, God created Lucifer. Sephiroth's original source of power is an evil figure, Jenova. Satan isn't corporeal, he can take on any form he pleases, he doesn't wear a black trenchcoat.

2. That was in FFVII, in AC he is very much god like.

SHM
Maybe they are talking about the whole universe of FFVII, but it could be only the world, as proved in the quote I posted.

If they create a universal being, it means they were talking about the world, not the universe. Because there is no logical way Sephiroth(a guy with control over one planet) can be equal or stronger than a being with power over the universe(or galaxy, or solar system).

A planet(and Sephiroth, by consequence) is nothing compared to the universe.

fascistcrusader
You have no evidence for that though. FFVII is not the real world, one would also think a freak experiment could surpass a planet and a goddess, but Sephiroth did that.

VinCon01
Well, here we go.

1) Fascist, where do the creators ever call him a god? Where do they ever say he's divine? I'd love a link. And if it's in the Reunion Files, a page number would be nice. I'll look it up later.

2) Sephiroth didn't create a Lifestream. The Negative Lifestream was simply the result of Jenova Cells infecting the Lifestream. Sephiroth controlled it, he didn't create it. Even then, it hardly seems to be the majority of the Lifestream.

3) Sephiroth doesn't have the power of the planet. The model has nothing to do with Sephiroth. That video you keep showing is Bugenhagen explaining what will happen when the Planet no longer has enough Lifestream to support itself. It has nothing to do with power. The same thing would have happened if Shinra kept draining it. That model is about the planet's life force, not the kind of power it gives someone.

4) Sephiroth has never destroyed a planet, and has given no indication of having the ability to do so. He requires the Black Materia to do something on that scale with raw power, and the only other way is manipulating Geostigma so that people with Jenova Cells will die, and their corrupted Spirit Energy will return to the planet, increasing the amount of negative Lifestream.

Now, to support Sephiroth:

To be honest, Cloud never used the attack seen in AC before AC. His final attack on Sephiroth, Omnislash Version 5, is an original attack of his own making. Sephiroth has only seen the original version (Which based on CC, if I'm not mistaken, may be based on one of Sephiroth's attacks). Aside from that, he was quite clearly distracted. Cloud was below him, and started the attack while Sepiroth was glancing at the swords around his head (Watch it in slow motion if necessary. He looks up when Cloud throws the swords, and his head has turned to his left by the time Cloud initiates the attack).

Seph also has a pretty wide range of abilities: SOME CRISIS CORE SPOILERS

- Superhuman strength. He's been depicted of slicing the Junon Cannon/Sister Ray apart with no effort like it was paper.

- Superhuman speed/agility. He's been depicted outmaneuvering a man who could run through a hail of machine gun fire without taking a hit.

- Phasing through solid objects. By the time of AC, he's essentially composed of nothing but Jenova Cells and Mako. Seeing as Jenova, while in his form, was capable of phasing through solid objects in the Temple of the Ancients, it's likely this ability was passed to Sephiroth like the others. However, he seems to move rather slowly while doing so.

- Telekinetic abilities. In AC, he pulled down the top of the Shinra building with his mind, and in FFVII he lifts and holds the entire party in place the same way. Of course, there's some debate over whether he released the party willingly, or was unable to continue holding them while simultaneously holding back Holy.

- Flight. Pretty obvious.

- A very Bladebeam-like technique, capable of cutting through the Junon Cannon/Sister Ray. He's been shown capable of firing off three of these "blades" in quick succession.

- Near immunity to magic/fire. In CC, he effortlessly shrugs off a massive magical attack that seems to be primarily based on fire (Though there's probably some concussive force as well, seeing one of those blasts flings a man across a room later).

I've also heard he can teleport in CC, but I've yet to confirm if this is gameplay or story, or if he even does at all. Seeing as all of his abilities in CC are displayed before or during Nibelheim, he would undoubtedly have these skills available in his AC form as well.

END SPOILERS

Now, I can't say how far Sephiroth would make it in the Gauntlet. I'm not familiar with many of the opponents we're giving him. However, based on the things I've seen so far, he'll reach number eight. Nine at the most.

Terryc250
The negative lifestream started when Sephiroth finally merged into the lifestream at the end of FF7 contaminating it, when the lifestream came to destroy meteor many ppl were exposed to the contaminated lifestream, infecting them with Geostigma.

Eventually the negative lifestream will take over, choking/corroding the planet, the video i posted earlier was the bugenhagen explanation of the lifestream, everything on the planet is made up of the lifestream from every living thing, every deceased person, its a source of energy, power, destruction, magic, etc

Once Sephiroth negative lifestream took over the planet, he can alter it at will, turning the planet into his vessel and sail the cosmos.. that was his goal.

Huh? The lifestream is power.. what do you think materia is originally made up of? What helped disintigrate meteor? What were those creatures kadaj summoned made up of? What is Omega WEAPON composed of? Having control over a good portion of the lifestream is having control over alot of power.

SHM
Huh? The lifestream is power.. what do you think materia is originally made up of? What helped disintigrate meteor? What were those creatures kadaj summoned made up of? What is Omega WEAPON composed of? Having control over a good portion of the lifestream is having control over alot of power.

And talking about the power of the Lifestream, the Compilation Ultimania states that what destroyed Meteor was only a portion of the Lifestream. The thing is fuc*ing powerful.

fascistcrusader
To VinCon: I don't know the exact page number, but in the RF it says that they were trying to give him a divine, supernatural, and otherwordly appearance.

The negative lifestream is not the majority of the lifestream, but Sephiroth did create it. It wasn't simply corruption of the existing lifestream, it was him taking the spirit energy that was out of the stream, in the people with geostigma, and creating a brand new lifestream that he had full control of.

VinCon01
I've yet to hear an actual confirmation on exactly what started the Negative Lifestream. I've seen debate that it was Sephiroth, but I've also seen points towards it being the remains of Jenova. If it was in fact Jenova's remains, then Sephiroth didn't create it. He just controlled what was there and manipulated her remaining cells in the survivors to create Geostigma, which led to more corrupted Lifestream. But I'll concede that I'm mistaken on this one if someone could provide a quote with the exact information. I'll look through the RF myself as well.

This is pretty common knowledge. However, the Bugenhagen explanation in that particular video isn't relevant to power. All that segment explains is the results when the LS leaves the planet. He goes on to explain Spirit Energy, and its connection to life, but any relations to power are explained by others (Sephiroth explains materia, Cloud and Hojo explain SOLDIER, etc, etc.).

Which he quite clearly explained in the film. However, he was unsuccessful in his attempt. He never absorbed it, and therefore never gained any power from the Negative Lifestream that would be useful in combat, just as he failed to absorb it in FFVII and didn't recieve the power he expected to from that.

1) Again, moderately common knowledge. I never once said that the Lifestream didn't grant power. However, I did say that the video you provided has nothing to do with power, and it doesn't. That video is from the Cosmo Canyon model, which he used to describe the path of Spirit Energy from living creatures to the planet, and the results if that Spirit Energy were ever completely drained. The video had nothing to do with power.

Now, if you were to cite Sephiroth's explanation in Nibelheim, during which he explains the concept of materia, or if you cited the various explanations provided by Hojo, Cloud, etc, etc. in regards to its use as a physical enhancer for SOLDIER personnel, I wouldn't be saying that the example provided had nothing to do with power.

2) Having control over a good portion of the lifestream does grant power. However, Sephiroth has yet to have control over a good amount of Lifestream. He had very little control in FFVII, and the Negative Lifestream we see him summon was a storm that was cast over a moderate portion of Midgar/Edge. As someone said earlier, a mere portion of the actual Lifestream was capable of covering almost the entire planet. Even then, Sephiroth never actually used the Negative Lifestream for anything besides creating said storm, which didn't actually do...well...anything. Had he absorbed it as he originally planned with the Lifestream in VII, that might be the case.

I've been looking over it, and I haven't been able to find any use of the terms "divine", "divinity," or anything of the sort. Otherworldy and Supernatural yes, but not anything about him being divine. But I'm in a rush, so I'll look more closely later.

fascistcrusader
I just went through some of it the other day, I could have swore it was in there. If it isn't in the RF it was in an interview with Nomura, Nojima, or Kitase. I'll look through some of those and see if I can find it there.

VinCon01
Good luck on the interviews. I'll keep looking through the RF, but you might want to check just in case I'm missing it. FFVII is starting to remind me of Star Wars in the sense that there's so much information coming from sources outside of the games, movies, etc, etc. that it's hard to keep track of what was said where.

fascistcrusader
I know what you mean. There are so many interviews, companion books and ultimanias out there that finding a quote these days takes quite a while.

Though SW definitely takes the cake as far as sources are concerned. I've been into SW since the 4th grade, and I probably know less than 1/4 of everything there is to know in the series.

VinCon01
Oh, SW is far worse with that kind of thing. Seriously, you know there's too much information to keep track of when they have so many characters, moons/planets, vehicles, alien species, etc, etc. that they can make books on each individual subject that are nearly novel length and still not have all the information. And not only do most of those guides not have all the information, but they just keep adding more of it to the story. The guides probably don't have every last bit of information because they just can't keep up.

...I wonder how long it would take to make a complete encyclopedia with the information from every "Essential Guide", magazine, and so on and so forth after LotF is finished...

SHM
This is a versus forum. Who cares if Sephiroth is not an actual god? He have the power of one, and can use it in battle. That's what really matters.

The Negative Lifestream was connected to him, this is why he could control it. He didn't need, or want, to absorb it. He wanted to use it to transform the planet in a vessel, and that's what he was doing when he commanded it to descend, in form of tendrils.

VinCon01
Whether or not Sephiroth is an actual god actually has quite a bit of relevance to the discussion. If he's a genuine, all-knowing and all-powerful "god", then it's quite an indicator of his abilities. There are different types of "gods", and they're all on different levels. I tend to split them into three categories:

1) "Gods". These are the characters who are insanely powerful and "godly", but who aren't divine. Examples from FF might be Sephiroth or Kuja.

2) Gods. These are the ancient mythology types. Zeus, Hades, and so on and so forth. They're genuinely divine, but they generally aren't all-knowing or all-powerful, and they can usually be killed. The closest example I've heard in FF would probably be Necron, though I don't know much other than what I've been told.

3) "God" gods. These are the ones who would truly qualify due to being all-knowing, all-powerful, and so on. An example of this might be Ultimecia if she managed to achieve true and complete time compression. Doing so would essentially give her absolute control over space and time, essentially giving her the ability to manipulate/control reality itself.

Quite an obvious difference in power depending on their "level" of divinity.

You do realize that you're actually helping my point, right? For him to "have the power of the Lifestream", he would have to absorb it. Simply controlling it isn't the same as having it's power. By not absorbing it, he prevent himself from using it's power for anything that would be useful in a duel. Meaning that even if it can be used as a tool, it doesn't increase his personal power.

Terryc250
^If he can control it, why wouldnt it stop him from absorbing it? He can just simulate what he wanted to do in the original FF7, which is make all the lifestream gather at one point (him) and absorb it.

Violent2Dope
Okay...back on topic...stops at Trance Kuja.

VinCon01
I never said that he wasn't capable of absorbing it. However, what matters is that he didn't absorb it. Therefore he doesn't have its power. What he might have become capable of if he had done so has no impact on what he's currently capable of.

SHM
Sephiroth don't need to absorb it, because he is already using it's power. The Negative Lifestream is connected to Jenova(his new body), it's an extension of him.

If he wasn't/couldn't use it's power without absorbing it, then his strength in AC would be equal to the Jenova/Sephiroth you chase during FFVII, because his body in the movie is the same as that one. But the creators stated he was in his most powerful form ever in AC, stronger than ever before. Because of the Negative Lifestream, of course.

The Negative Lifestream is already part of him, he don't need to absorb it.

VinCon01
1) No, the NL isn't already part of him. It's no more a part of him than the Copies, or SOLDIER. It's infected with Jenova, therefore he can control it. And like the Copies, it won't be a part of him or Jenova until he absorbs it. Sure, you could say that it's an "extension" of him, but only in the same way that the Copies, Jenova, and SOLDIER (To an extent) are part of him. However, it's nothing but a tool, just as the Copies/Jenova (And SOLDIER, if they didn't have the power to resist) are tools.

2) Actually, his body wouldn't be equal to the one you chase during FFVII, because the one you chase during FFVII is Jenova. Sephiroth is in the Northern Crater and, by that point, had already more or less surpassed the body you chase throughout the game. Therefore logically, even without some kind of power boost, the body we see in AC would still be superior to the body we chase in FFVII.

3) I don't suppose you could provide a quote from the creators stating that Sephiroth is in his most powerful form. I agree that he is, I would just like an actual quote. Either way, there's nothing implying that it's due to the Negative Lifestream. If anything, it would be the fact that he's no longer dealing with a flesh and blood body, and is composed of nothing but Jenova Cells (The "head"wink and Mako (Kadaj), whereas in FFVII there were still remnants of his human body. This would also more effectively match their statement that he had "lost all human weakness".

The Negative Lifestream isn't already a part of him, and he would need to absorb it to have its power. Just like the Clones and Jenova aren't a part of him, and he would need to absorb them to have their power (Excluding their uses as tools).

Furion
Trance Kuja is Sephiroth except more of a pussy. Sephiroth gets pissed off at him and blows his hole in.
Stops at Pyron.

Violent2Dope
Trance Kuja is what Seph wants to be when he gets the sex change.

Furion
no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.