Horor movies don't scare me anymore :(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I haven't seen a scary movie sine the grudge remake (sad but true) I jumped alot of times during that movie...though I did have alot of screaming girls behind me that kinda played a part in me jumping. I did jump in friday the 13th as well when Jason came outta the water and grabbed that chick. But anyway, does anyone find horror movies scary anymore or is it just me who doesn't find them scary?

apoc001
Most horror movies nowadays are all the same and totally predictable. Personally, if I want a suspenseful movie, I look to the oldies.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by apoc001
Most horror movies nowadays are all the same and totally predictable. Personally, if I want a suspenseful movie, I look to the oldies.

I have to agree with this guy 100%

SpiderGauntlet
Horror movies are in and obvious decline.

Especially the ones that brag about using real bodies big grin.

steverules
In an interview with the director we got this:

Yup, went to the grave and dug up grandma for my movie...it's what she would have wanted

Neo Darkhalen
The reason they don't scare is because they are cheap, it is far more terrifying to imply what has happened rather then show it, that and the acting is poor, you get no tension, backgrounds and camera perspective and angles are no longer used, and the music the key to a movie is pretty lackluster, horror movies are mediocre now.

vivando-loca
horror movies don't scare me either. *sigh*

talk about desensitized.

steverules
I watched 1408 last night...nothing in that scared me, and people have told me how scary it was. The only thing that seems toscare me is when someone gets skinned, for some reason that freaks me out. So hellraiser 1 - 3 freaks me out...dunno if 4 had anyone get skinned.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by steverules
I haven't seen a scary movie sine the grudge remake (sad but true) I jumped alot of times during that movie...though I did have alot of screaming girls behind me that kinda played a part in me jumping. I did jump in friday the 13th as well when Jason came outta the water and grabbed that chick. But anyway, does anyone find horror movies scary anymore or is it just me who doesn't find them scary?

Stop watching so much violence and gore for a bit or just start watching better movies wink

steverules
Any suggestions?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
The reason they don't scare is because they are cheap, it is far more terrifying to imply what has happened rather then show it, that and the acting is poor, you get no tension, backgrounds and camera perspective and angles are no longer used, and the music the key to a movie is pretty lackluster, horror movies are mediocre now.

Sicky666
Perhaps you should watch Saw or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Personally Friday the 13th doesn't scare me either but this movies I see as freaky.

steverules
I have watched both those movies TCM original and remake....didn't scare me sad

Neo Darkhalen
Because you know it is not real.

steverules
I always used to be afraid of films I knew weren't real...now I just don't get scared

Erik-Lensherr
You probably aren't watching the right movies.

Although the recent horror movies are .. erm

steverules
Well what is there to be scared by? Nothing scares me, I tried everything that used to scare me and now I got zip...nada...nothing scares me

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Because you know it is not real.

steverules
When I saw horror movies it scared me even though I knew it wasn't real

twizzlestyx2008
Horror movies today are generally plain weak, and it's an insult that they're producing the **** they're nowadays and were paying to see it. I will admit I was somewhat pleased with those 8 Films To Die For (not this year's) but last. Although some of the actors left A LOT to be desired.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by steverules
Well what is there to be scared by? Nothing scares me, I tried everything that used to scare me and now I got zip...nada...nothing scares me Its because you have seen too many and everyting is predictable to you now. It happens to many horror movie buffs. Its extremly rare that anything scares me now.

brightlights
I totally agree with everyone. The last good horror movie I saw was "The Descent" - before that, I'd have to say "the Exorcist." And that's a bit of a time gap.

steverules
I heard theres gonna be a sequal to "the descent."

superr
Some fictional horror can be scary,but to be disturbed watch the only horror film that was largely true and most of what was made up, was for continuity about things not known for sure.
10 RILLINGTON PLACE is wonderfully acted and has great music used sparringly.

erikko
sometimes im scared in those subtle parts of the movies rather than those effects and prosthetics though prosthetics wanna make me throw up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.