P.J. to produce "The Hobbit"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tealke

Discos
darn you buddy, I was going to post a thread o this stick out tongue

haha.

anyways, this is awesome, hopefully get the forum boosting again

Melcórë
Oh, great.... stick out tongue

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Discos
darn you buddy, I was going to post a thread o this stick out tongue

haha.

anyways, this is awesome, hopefully get the forum boosting again
if were still here in 2010 stick out tongue

Maikahyandowen
course we will be Bacon, where's your faith eh? stick out tongue

pretty much incredibly awesome that P.J.'s doing the Hobbit though, that'll be sweeeet!

Discos
why wont we be here....oh god its true, the world is ending soon.

anyways, Might read the Hobbit and parade it around my town to show people I am a real fan and dont need to rely on the movies for my knowledge... or not, wotever.

'm excited for this again.

Mr. Bacon
me too stick out tongue it shoudlve been made earlier

Melcórë
Isn't it 2012....

Discos
^^ damn it...."moan*

Elessea
He definatly isn't directing though. But at least he and fran will still be involved big grin

Maikahyandowen
and that's allll that matters

The Secret Fire
Yes!! I saw this in the Dominion Post here in Wellington on Wednesday!! ****ing fantastic news!!

With Jackson in production, again, Weta will most likely be involved, again, and The Hobbit won't end out turning out like the recent Beowulf film! *shudder, shudder, shudder* They ruined the oldest and greatest myth/legend ever!! Seriously, I despise them for that.

But yay! This'll be interesting to see how this one turns out. And maybe, just maybe, John Howe and Alan Lee will come to NZ again, and I'll be around for them this time. Maybe get some tips and get Howe to sign my copy of FAW. Yussss exciting!!

coolmovies
Great news i cant wait

Discos
It will be a great movie and I cant wait to see the closet tolkien fans come out again.

coolmovies
I agree and this fourm will be alive again

Discos
yes indeedy, doubt much of the regular oldies will come back, hell I might take another one of those "6month" absence from the forum again.

I just get really buy and forget the forum is here.

chillmeistergen
It's great news, though by the time it's released I'll be twenty one.

coolmovies
they will all be out in HD including Lotr

exanda kane
Great news. Think of all the British character actors that could easily play the dwarves. Plus a few aussies and kiwis.

queeq
Jackson not directing eh... shucks... Hope they don't get Brett Ratner.

exanda kane
Heck, if that happens, Gandalf might end up moving the bridge of Osgilliath over to Erebor so he doesn't have to indulge that **** Radagast.

Maikahyandowen
laughing

exanda kane
Martin Freeman for Biblo.

Maikahyandowen
couldn't they keep Ian Holm?

exanda kane
He's around 70, so I doubt he'd kid himself he could keep up with such an intense schedule.

erikko
ive heard PJ dropped the Hobbit movie and another person will produce the same movie

exanda kane
Nah. David Bowie could pull off Thranduil.

Melcórë
Originally posted by exanda kane
Nah. David Bowie could pull off Thranduil.

LOL!
No, he should be Bolg (or is it Azog?). stick out tongue
(If you don't get that....watch some Bowie, dude/dudette.)

exanda kane
Hehe, its sir and yes sir, that's a fine suggestion. He's got to be one of the Elves though, just look at those ears and he has pulled off Creepy before now. Also remember Jareth the Goblin King.

Melcórë
Originally posted by exanda kane
Hehe, its sir and yes sir, that's a fine suggestion. He's got to be one of the Elves though, just look at those ears and he has pulled off Creepy before now. Also remember Jareth the Goblin King.

stick out tongue

Jareth was what I was getting at.

BTW > I wasn't directing the "dude/dudette" at you , but at anyone who might have read it and not understood the reference. stick out tongue

jaden101
guillermo del toro to direct so i hear....could actually be good

exanda kane
Aye, it's good news, and for the touted sequel too.

WrathfulDwarf
It's Official!

http://movies.ign.com/articles/849/849112p1.html

exanda kane
Nice quick linkin there!

Maikahyandowen
woohoo!

Ushgarak
Best you check this out:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t477389.html

DarthLazious
I can't to see it and also I wonder if they will do Sam's story after The Hobbit.

Smodden
yeaa!! this is exciting news

DarthLazious
Yes it is.

Maikahyandowen
very exciting indeed, they'd better not wreck the thing

DarthLazious
They wont.

Maikahyandowen
can we be sure of that?

Ushgarak
No. We'll have to wait on the outcome of this legal hassle. It's all on hold until then.

Might disappear quickly, might drag on for years, might mean it never happens.

queeq
That'd suck.

Then again, if it takes a little while, maybe PJ can direct.

Maikahyandowen
well there's no way they'd give up on doing it, they made too much money on LOTR. and because of that they're probably going to do whatever they can to make sure they keep PJ around. if they let him direct that'd be awesome

queeq
I hope so. It'd be a piece of cake after LOTR anyway.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Maikahyandowen
well there's no way they'd give up on doing it

If they have a choice.

Melcórë
I REALLY hope this all doesn't happen.

Making "The Hobbit" into a film doesn't seem like a bad idea....but some sort of original "prequel" to LotR set between them? Yeah, bad idea.

queeq
Dunno... I'd trust people like Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens to pull it off. They did wonders to the LOTR script.

coolmovies
I think we should leave it at Lotr

queeq
No way... give us the Hobbit too.

coolmovies
you got star wars what else do you want

queeq
All GL is giving us is cartoons now. Maybe PJ can do better.

Maikahyandowen
course he can

Melcórë
Doubts.

Maikahyandowen
oh?

queeq
Why?

Melcórë
B/c. they want to create an original story set in Tolkien's world. That spells PHAIL, in my books. No tinkering on the behalf of Peter Jackson (et al.) could make it work.

BTW: Hopefully that part of it won't happen....again, I don't really give if they make "The Hobbit" into a film. But nothing else. PLEASE. If they try to, well, I hope that The Estate goes after them.

Maikahyandowen
I dunno, Tolkien gave them a lot of material to work with, maybe there's enough for them to pull it off

Melcórë
Doubts.
It's also legally dubious. Or else we'd see prequels/sequels to LotR published all the time - in reputable places, at least.

Maikahyandowen
maybe, maybe not

Darth Vicious
Guillermo Del Toro hired as director of 'The Hobbit,' at long last

It's finally official: Guillermo Del Toro, the acclaimed writer/director of Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy, has come aboard The Hobbit, a two-film epic he will direct over the next four years. The long-awaited news was announced today by New Line's new head, Toby Emmerich, and MGM's new head, Mary Parent. Del Toro will move to New Zealand for the next four years to work with Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson and his Wingnut and WETA production teams. (Jackson and his partner, Fran Walsh, will executive produce both movies.) Del Toro will direct the two films back-to-back, with the first movie telling the story of J.R.R. Tolkien's original book and the sequel dealing with the 60-year period between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, the first part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The recently downsized New Line will oversee the development and production of the films, cofinancing them with MGM. Warner Bros. will distribute the film domestically, while MGM will handle the international release.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/04/guillermo-del-t.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.