The President of the United States.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Do you think The President of the United States is actually a leader, or is he just a figurehead, someone who relies on others to make crucial decisions for him?

WrathfulDwarf
To me The President of the United States is Commander in Chief.

Not now...too busy shopping for christmas gifts. wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Do you think The President of the United States is actually a leader, or is he just a figurehead, someone who relies on others to make crucial decisions for him?

I think the resident of the United States is actually a figurehead. The details of the plans are available, but most of the time, I think it is more like pick one of the following.

Robtard

Is a leader, but leaders also rely on knowledgeble people around them, it's not like the President can be an expert in every field.

Spearhead
When you say "The President", are you referring to all presidents or Bush in particular?

Just trying to get an idea of where you're coming from on this.

To make some general statements, all presidents have relied on others to make decisions (or at the very least, very strongly advise them one way or the other); after all, presidents have a Cabinet and other advisors at their disposal. While ultimately, it might be the President's name that gets signed on documents because of other people's advice/information/whatever, I'm not saying that the President has no say at all. They're the freakin' president.

I suspect there's something greater in the works when it comes to just who wields the power, but I have no proof and could pretty easily just be dismissed as a conspiracy theory...so I'll withhold those ramblings for another time, perhaps.

SpearofDestiny
Bush sucks 08'

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
Bush sucks 08'

confused

Bush is not running. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpearofDestiny
BUSH SUCKS 08'

Schecter
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
confused

Bush is not running. roll eyes (sarcastic)

indeed.

his slew of mini-me's are running

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Schecter
indeed.

his slew of mini-me's are running

No.

BUSH SUCKS 08'

Are you being controlled by hate?

Schecter
No.

yes

chillmeistergen

You sound like that idiot teacher off Donnie Darko.

Bardock42
No.

Yeah, they kinda are.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
You sound like that idiot teacher off Donnie Darko.

Why?

I am talking from one Buddhist to another. What does that have to do with Donnie Darko?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Schecter
yes

I didn't know that Hillary Clinton was a mini-me of Bush, but maybe I'm wrong. roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpearofDestiny

No. But Bush sucks...

08'

Shakyamunison
No. But Bush sucks...

08'

roll eyes (sarcastic) I sometimes forget you are only a child. stick out tongue laughing

SpearofDestiny
roll eyes (sarcastic) I sometimes forget you are only a child. stick out tongue laughing

A Horny Gay Slutty Child ..with Big Nipples

Shakyamunison
A Horny Gay Slutty Child ..with Big Nipples

laughing

Bardock42
Why do you say 08' anyways, you moron?

chillmeistergen
Why?

I am talking from one Buddhist to another. What does that have to do with Donnie Darko?

Because that's what it reminded me of. I don't care if you were talking from one Buddhist to a dog.

Bardock42
Because that's what it reminded me of. I don't care if you were talking from one Buddhist to a dog. He was also talking from one idiot to another and it really didn't change the message. Odd.

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why do you say 08' anyways, you moron?

When you finally lose your virginity, you will understand my Noble Freind

Because that's what it reminded me of. I don't care if you were talking from one Buddhist to a dog.

Shut the **** up hoe

Bardock42
When you finally lose your virginity, you will understand my Noble Freind

I am not your "freind" (sic), and it still makes no sense. Are you somehow under the impression that where the apostrophe is placed has no bearing on what is said?

SpearofDestiny
I am not your "freind" (sic), and it still makes no sense. Are you somehow under the impression that where the apostrophe is placed has no bearing on what is said?

...the what ?

Devil King
Are you somehow under the impression that where the apostrophe is placed has no bearing on what is said?

chillmeistergen
...the what ?

Hahahahahaha.

Robtard
...the what ?

Though you're probably just ****ing with him. It should read '08, not 08'.

Shakyamunison

No, I was not talking to you. laughing jk

I guess I will have to look up Donnie Darko and see what he said.

I see, it's a movie. eek!

Quark_666
No. But Bush sucks...

08'

Oh, well if you aren't being controlled by hate, it must be logic. I'm sure you wouldn't mind enlightening me and going into a bit more depth about your opinion of Bush.

WrathfulDwarf
When I was kid I wanted to be President....of the NRA.

I've already said that more than once.

dadudemon

Yes and no...like Robtard said..

Originally posted by Robtard
Is a leader, but leaders also rely on knowledgeble people around them, it's not like the President can be an expert in every field.

However, I feel that the president doesn't make as many decisions as people think he does. ("he" as in ambiguous he...but I may have to change that "he" to "he or she" if Hilary wins...which I do not want.)

SpearofDestiny
Originally posted by Quark_666
Oh, well if you aren't being controlled by hate, it must be logic. I'm sure you wouldn't mind enlightening me and going into a bit more depth about your opinion of Bush.

I don't hate Bush, I'm sort of indifferent. I just think he's stupid...and evil.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
When I was kid I wanted to be President....of the NRA.

I've already said that more than once. Haha, that's funny, my granddad voted Hitler just to piss off all the liberals. Fun times.

Strangelove
The President is the Head of State as well as the Head of Government...so he literally is a figurehead, as a symbol of the nation. But he's also the leader of the nation.

So, to be a contratrian, both.

Symmetric Chaos

Depends entirely on the president. The one there now is more of a figurehead than anything else.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
The President is the Head of State as well as the Head of Government...so he literally is a figurehead, as a symbol of the nation. But he's also the leader of the nation.

So, to be a contratrian, both. I think he meant figurehead more as in is he just a puppet of more powerful people. Lobbyists, his party, donators, etc.

Robtard
I think he meant figurehead more as in is he just a puppet of more powerful people. Lobbyists, his party, donators, etc.

Well, that's a given... Presidents don't come to power without owing debts to others. The level of puppetry and how it varies between Presidents/Parties is debatable.

You accept a large sum of money, somewhere down the road, you're going to have to do "favors."

BobbyD

Interesting question. I see both sides, but lean more towards leader. It is ironic that his success however is directly related to those whom he relies on to make decisions.

Bardock42
Well, that's a given... Presidents don't come to power without owing debts to others. The level of puppetry and how it varies between Presidents/Parties is debatable.

You accept a large sum of money, somewhere down the road, you're going to have to do "favors." Not Ron Paul...

WrathfulDwarf
Haha, that's funny, my granddad voted Hitler just to piss off all the Jews. Fun times.

Fixed

Of course you do.

Bardock42
I like WrathfulDwarf's evil twin.

Robtard
Haha, that's funny, my granddad voted Hitler just to piss off all the liberals. Fun times.

...and the apple never falls far from the tree.

Bardock42
...and the apple never falls far from the tree.

MEAN

lord xyz
Why do you say 08' anyways, you moron? Dammit! I was going to comment on that.

no expression

Bardiel13
I am an American and I think (Disclaimer: Contrary to popular belief, Americans are not stupid (in fact we own over half of the world's best colleges), we are not fat (60% was debunked as false, but you probably have already heard), and most of us do not approve of our President, but are actually quite happy with our everyday lives as the vast majority of Americans are middle class) ...wait... what was I gonna say again?

Strangelove
I think he meant figurehead more as in is he just a puppet of more powerful people. Lobbyists, his party, donators, etc. Yeah, I knew that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
Yeah, I knew that.

Well, it seems to me you used a different meaning.

King Kandy
Depends on the President, but let me just say that you aren't the president without using any of your powers.

Jaime Sommers
Bush is an idiot who can't even string a coherent sentence together

leonheartmm
bush = dum redneck *****

id much rather have MICHEAL JACKSON as the president of america than this freakin idiot.

Quark_666
Originally posted by Bardiel13
Americans are not stupid (in fact we own over half of the world's best colleges)

We actually own more then two thirds, which would be significant if most of the people attending our colleges weren't from Asia...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quark_666
We actually own more then two thirds, which would be significant if most of the people attending our colleges weren't from Asia...

Or college lists weren't biased.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Jaime Sommers
Bush is an idiot who can't even string a coherent sentence together

Do you know how hard it is to get a degree from Harvard? Perhaps you are wrong.

Bardock42
Do you know how hard it is to get a degree from Harvard? Perhaps you are wrong. D-do you?

Does George Bush for that matter? (no, he doesn't)

Shakyamunison
D-do you?

Does George Bush for that matter? (no, he doesn't)

Yes, he has a degree from Harvard.

But that is not my point. I am not a Bush supporter, but to say Bush is an idiot because he has problems with communicating is as wrong as saying a man in a wheelchair is a weakling because he cannot stand. Bust is dyslexic, and dyslexia is a disability. I take it personally when a person discriminates, and demonstrates bigotry towards someone who is dyslexic, because I am dyslexic.

Bardock42

But that is not my point. I am not a Bush supporter, but to say Bush is an idiot because he has problems with communicating is as wrong as saying a man in a wheelchair is a weakling because he cannot stand. Bust is dyslexic, and dyslexia is a disability. I take it personally when a person discriminates, and demonstrates bigotry towards someone who is dyslexic, because I am dyslexic.

I would say to call him an idiot or evil for supporting the ideals he does is very accurate though.

You are also a moron, you should take offense when people discriminate against Bush on grounds of being a moron.

apparently he does. Damn

Shakyamunison
I would say to call him an idiot or evil for supporting the ideals he does is very accurate though.

You are also a moron, you should take offense when people discriminate against Bush on grounds of being a moron.

apparently he does. Damn

Reported.

Bardock42
Reported.

Stop trolling and contribute, moron.

Shakyamunison
Stop trolling and contribute, moron.

Reported again.

Bardock42
Reported again.

Still trolling, focus on the issue, you idiot.

Shakyamunison
Still trolling, focus on the issue, you idiot.

Forum Guidelines & Rules

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Bardock42
Forum Guidelines & Rules

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Yeah, good thing for me that along with this one

Controversial Topics
Topics that will cause controversy or hostility between members are not permitted. If you are worried that your topic may fall under this category, then please contact a moderator. The moderators will have final say on what is and what is not allowed.

it is not one that gets closely followed.

Probably especially since calling someone that is factually an idiot and idiot is not an insult but a correct statement that the idiot (i.e. you) might find insulting. Now stop trolling, you reported me more often than we talked with each other, if you have something worthwhile to say do so (you don't though, cause you are, factually, an idiot) or leave the topic alone, I don't like my posts on topic being sidetracked by your inane quest for attention through trolling.

Shakyamunison
Yeah, good thing for me that along with this one

Controversial Topics
Topics that will cause controversy or hostility between members are not permitted. If you are worried that your topic may fall under this category, then please contact a moderator. The moderators will have final say on what is and what is not allowed.

it is not one that gets closely followed.

Probably especially since calling someone that is factually an idiot and idiot is not an insult but a correct statement that the idiot (i.e. you) might find insulting. Now stop trolling, you reported me more often than we talked with each other, if you have something worthwhile to say do so (you don't though, cause you are, factually, an idiot) or leave the topic alone, I don't like my posts on topic being sidetracked by your inane quest for attention through trolling.

You follow me around and do nothing but attack me and insult me. Stop harassing me. You are not a MOD!!!!!

Bardock42
Reported

lord xyz
Can we go back to how much Bush sucks?

WrathfulDwarf
Settle down people....no need for hostilities.

No.

Shakyamunison
Edit

lord xyz
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Settle down people....no need for hostilities.

No. Your Evil Twin is hilarious. thumb up

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lord xyz
Your Evil Twin is hilarious. thumb up

laughing I agree.

Strangelove
Well, it seems to me you used a different meaning. I did use a different meaning, but I was aware of what he was trying to say.

dadudemon

laughing

oh man...I laughed really hard after reading your conversation with Shaky...not because you were right or wrong...but because you were blatantly insulting him left and right and he was like "cut it out dude!!!".

Anyway...he is not "factually and idiot"...that would require his IQ to be less than 25...in fact, I think some of his posts are pretty smart...does my opinion change things for you or anyone for that matter? Probably not...eh.

leonheartmm

i do not think you are dyslexic. you just assume that sum1 will understand what you are saying with too little words sumtimes. and people are a little lost. lol, to call u dyslexic wud be like calling mozart a bad musician stick out tongue . really, u may have vague thoughts but you are excellent at understanding and communicating..... even if other people are not big grin

as far as bush goes, i do not think he is dyslexic at all, i think he does it on purpse to ramble and not talk about stuff that matter or address the points he knows he can not, it is a good way to waste time. as you said, no1 who can get a harvard degree and become president is really stupid. ofcourse, one cud also say that it doesnt take a genius to get into harvard or get a degree if only you give them donations n stuff , its rather easy then. influence matters a lot in these places. thats why a lot of the world's top families who might as well in the stone ages{sons of saudi princes/royalty etc} have people studying in those universities.

leonheartmm
bardock gets off on being offensive, really shaky, make peace with it. then both of you can live happily.

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
bardock gets off on being offensive, really shaky, make peace with it. then both of you can live happily.

Shakya gets off on being stupid and supporting idiotic ideas as well as talking a bunch of bullshit, making peace with me would include becoming an intelligent, sensible human being, and what I saw of his posts, that's miles away.

Bardock42

Shakyamunison
Shakya gets off on being stupid and supporting idiotic ideas as well as talking a bunch of bullshit, making peace with me would include becoming an intelligent, sensible human being, and what I saw of his posts, that's miles away.

As soon as you insult someone, you loose all creditability in that persons eyes. From my point of you, all I read from your posts to me are...

I laugh at you, and then report you. laughing

I think I hear your dad calling. laughing

Bardock42
As soon as you insult someone, you loose all creditability in that persons eyes. From my point of you, all I read from your posts to me are...

I laugh at you, and then report you. laughing

I think I hear your dad calling. laughing My dad died a month ago, you jerk.

Reported.

Shakyamunison
My dad died a month ago, you jerk.

Reported.

Sorry about that; I didn't know. I was just joking with you. I was trying to lighten up the constant stress between us.

Bardock42
Sorry about that; I didn't know. I was just joking with you. I was trying to lighten up the constant stress between us.

Oh, I'm sorry, too.

I was joking as well...more about you than with you, but I think the spirit is the same.

dadudemon

Shakyamunison
Oh, I'm sorry, too.

I was joking as well...more about you than with you, but I think the spirit is the same.

mad That really hurt. I felt really bad that your dad had died after I had joked about it.

Well I will never talk to you again.

Bardock42
mad That really hurt. I felt really bad that your dad had died after I had joked about it.

Well I will never talk to you again. Excellent. I think that is a good solution. Bye bye.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
That is great in all that you can quote the unoriginal definition of idiot..but there is an original definition that one would/should associate with "factually and idiot"...did you read further down, idiot?

2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

If you are going to pass someone off as being "factually an idiot"...then that fact has to be a measurement conducted scientifically...like...gee...I don't know.....an IQ?

That's nonsense, for one yours is not the original definition, mine is. Also, one can be proven to be foolish, without employing the highly criticized IQ tests you like so much. And to top all that off, you really have to accept that I decide which definition (in this case the original and common one) I use, that you find another one has no bearing on anything. So please, please, please just shut the hell up about IQ and Psychology stuff, the world does not revolve around it, and there are more common and more important things one has to take into account (for example you, again, making a fool out of yourself and therefore being an idiot, in the traditional and common meaning of the word.)

Shakyamunison
That is great in all that you can quote the unoriginal definition of idiot..but there is an original definition that one would/should associate with "factually and idiot"...did you read further down, idiot?

2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

If you are going to pass someone off as being "factually an idiot"...then that fact has to be a measurement conducted scientifically...like...gee...I don't know.....an IQ?

Just think about whom you are talking too; there is no wonder he does not get it. laughing

chillmeistergen
I really wish a percentage of this forum could be gassed.

chithappens
Sigh, I haven't read this topic in a while and started at page 4... what a ****ing waste LOL

dadudemon
That's nonsense, for one yours is not the original definition, mine is. Also, one can be proven to be foolish, without employing the highly criticized IQ tests you like so much. And to top all that off, you really have to accept that I decide which definition (in this case the original and common one) I use, that you find another one has no bearing on anything. So please, please, please just shut the hell up about IQ and Psychology stuff, the world does not revolve around it, and there are more common and more important things one has to take into account (for example you, again, making a fool out of yourself and therefore being an idiot, in the traditional and common meaning of the word.)

1. I don't think you understand the definition to "original"...it doesn't mean the first one listed on dictionary.com, idiot...it also does not refer to the colonel's first recipe for battered fired chicken...though that is one of my favorite definitions of "original".

2. In my world, my world does not revolve around the IQ and Psychology stuff (it is just that several people here think IQ is ridiculous shit) but you should/do know that because of my posts about IQs.

3. The word idiot ISN'T used in psychology anymore...it has become antiquated...however, if you say something like "factually an idiot"...you can only refer to the original use of the word "idiot" as it APPLIED to psychology...in other words...you can't pass off your opinion as being factual. I pointed out your flawed use of "factually an idiot"...and you don't like being wrong...but that is tough shit, now isn't it?

4. President Bush* is "highly criticised"...IQ tests are far from "highly criticized". Most of the time when someone is criticizing an IQ test, they are NOT a professional in that field of study...imagine that.

5. You do realize that I realized your use of "factually an idiot" was not intended to be literally a statement of fact and that it was just another insult you were throwing out there because you're Bardock. You do realize that I was just "splitting hairs" Bardock42 style solely because it was you, Bardock42.

Robtard, take note of what I just did there...to make it easier on you in the future, would you like me to address your points like I did above? And before you fly off the handle like you are having the worst period in your life, I am not being insulting to you, I am serious about this because I would like to accommodate you if you have problems addressing my posts.

*OMG, liek I did that on purpose because its on topic.

chillmeistergen
IQ tests are criticised by many professionals, both psychologists and sociologists.
Are you a professional in the field dadudemon? Only, last time I heard you talk of your profession, you said you worked in IT. What's your educational history in psychology?

dadudemon
IQ tests are criticised by many professionals, both psychologists and sociologists.
Are you a professional in the field dadudemon? Only, last time I heard you talk of your profession, you said you worked in IT. What's your educational history in psychology?

I have criticised IQ tests...am I a pyschologists? No. helllllll no.

Cite some sources for these criticisms that are made by professionals about the S&B 5...then we will talk.

Bardock42
1. I don't think you understand the definition to "original"...it doesn't mean the first one listed on dictionary.com, idiot...it also does not refer to the colonel's first recipe for battered fired chicken...though that is one of my favorite definitions of "original".

Yes, it refers to the usage that was first used in the language, mine being that. I also stated it is the common usage.

2. In my world, my world does not revolve around the IQ and Psychology stuff (it is just that several people here think IQ is ridiculous shit) but you should/do know that because of my posts about IQs.

You constantly bring up IQs.

3. The word idiot ISN'T used in psychology anymore...it has become antiquated...however, if you say something like "factually an idiot"...you can only refer to the original use of the word "idiot" as it APPLIED to psychology...in other words...you can't pass off your opinion as being factual. I pointed out your flawed use of "factually an idiot"...and you don't like being wrong...but that is tough shit, now isn't it?

The original word idiot was not a psychological term. And I can refer to the other definition as well, as I did.

4. President Bush* is "highly criticised"...IQ tests are far from "highly criticized". Most of the time when someone is criticizing an IQ test, they are NOT a professional in that field of study...imagine that.

Even if that was true, it still has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

5. You do realize that I realized your use of "factually an idiot" was not intended to be literally a statement of fact and that it was just another insult you were throwing out there because you're Bardock. You do realize that I was just "splitting hairs" Bardock42 style solely because it was you, Bardock42.

You do realize you are an idiot (common usage) and all the trying to appear intelligent (non IQ based) won't work if you continue to make idiotic statements

leonheartmm
^ you are about to be squished beneath the decomposing mountain of your own insults. big grin {btw i didnt get it, did your father really die or were u just being an ass and joking and he didnt infcat die- srry im slow smile }

Bardock42
^ you are about to be squished beneath the decomposing mountain of your own insults. big grin {btw i didnt get it, did your father really die or were u just being an ass and joking and he didnt infcat die- srry im slow smile }

Aha.

Was just being an ass.

leonheartmm
^ the straw that broke the camel's back. now dont be alarmed or anything but a leather mask weaing shakky is gonna bust through your upstairs window and saw you and your family in half with a chainsaw

Bardock42
^ the straw that broke the camel's back. now dont be alarmed or anything but a leather mask weaing shakky is gonna bust through your upstairs window and saw you and your family in half with a chainsaw

Ha, can't be good for his Karma.

leonheartmm
^ maybe its not his karma that is being made but your karma which is coming back to affect you

Bardock42
^ maybe its not his karma that is being made but your karma which is coming back to affect you

I'd figure there would have to be some interacting Karma of both for us. I wouldn't be so arrogant to assume that my Karma is the one determining the behavior of all sorts of people.

leonheartmm
^maybe you are the only one that exists in your reality and i along with everything else you see, is just an illusion of your own onconcious creation. then, it wud be your karma alone.

Bardock42
^maybe you are the only one that exists in your reality and i along with everything else you see, is just an illusion of your own onconcious creation. then, it wud be your karma alone.

Yes, as I said, I am not arrogant enough to believe that.

dadudemon
Yes, it refers to the usage that was first used in the language, mine being that. I also stated it is the common usage.

*looks at the history of the word "idiot"*

If you admit that then you know that you can't call it "factual" now can you?

You constantly bring up IQs.

You brought it up, actually, when you tried to pass of Shaky's "idiocy" as "factual". How can someone pass of idiocy as factual? To be honest, I wouldn't have said anything at all if you wouldn't have tried to pass off your opinion as factual...AND I wouldn't have pointed it out with anyone else other than you, Bardock42 because you have "learned me" to "split hairs" about everything. big grin

The original word idiot was not a psychological term. And I can refer to the other definition as well, as I did.

You are correct...the original use was for a laymen or uneducated person..I concede that point...it doesn't change the fact that I corrected your trying to pass of Shaky's "idiocy" as "factual".

Even if that was true, it still has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Yes it does in two different ways. I brought the discussion, lamely, back to President of the US and YOU brought up that IQ tests are highly criticised. Those quotation marks are not for my health, idiot.

ou do realize you are an idiot (common usage) and all the trying to appear intelligent (non IQ based) won't work if you continue to make idiotic statements

Indeed...I concede the point that idiot's original use is NOT based in psychology...I only thought it was since it was used in psychology as far back as the 19th century and you originally used the modern definition to make your point. That still does not change my entire point of bringing it up to begin with...you can't pass something off such as the context in which you used the word "idiot" as "factual".

I committed a logical fallacy by supporting my conclusion with one incorrect piece of evidence...however, my original point still stands that you incorrectly tried to pass off his idiocy as "factual".

Let me show you how something can be factual...

Factually, dadudemon farts 20+ times a day. (no doubt, b***hes)

leonheartmm
^ maybe you are not brave enough to accept that possibility.

P23
the current president of our country is like ralph wiggum from simpsons with jessica simsons iq. my answer is bush is a puppet and being controlled by a hand up his ass by non other than dick f*ckin cheney. and once again please lil miss ol conny rice dont let georgey boy play with matches again in the white house.

dadudemon
Originally posted by P23
the current president of our country is like ralph wiggum from simpsons with jessica simsons iq. my answer is bush is a puppet and being controlled by a hand up his ass by non other than dick f*ckin cheney. and once again please lil miss ol conny rice dont let georgey boy play with matches again in the white house.

EGADS!!! eek!

I can't believe you would say something like that!!! mad

Jessica Simpson is not the stupid! mad

Bardock42
*looks at the history of the word "idiot"*

If you admit that then you know that you can't call it "factual" now can you?

Yes I can. Explain to me why I couldn't.

You brought it up, actually, when you tried to pass of Shaky's "idiocy" as "factual". How can someone pass of idiocy as factual? To be honest, I wouldn't have said anything at all if you wouldn't have tried to pass off your opinion as factual...AND I wouldn't have pointed it out with anyone else other than you, Bardock42 because you have "learned me" to "split hairs" about everything. big grin

Wrong. You brought it up because you couldn't conceive of anything related to idiocy being factual without applying Psychological definitions. And I wish I could "learn you" to "split hairs" in "situations where it applies" now.

You are correct...the original use was for a laymen or uneducated person..I concede that point...it doesn't change the fact that I corrected your trying to pass of Shaky's "idiocy" as "factual".

No, it doesn't change the fact that you tried to correct me. You are still not correct about that.

Indeed...I concede the point that idiot's original use is NOT based in psychology...I only thought it was since it was used in psychology as far back as the 19th century and you originally used the modern definition to make your point. That still does not change my entire point of bringing it up to begin with...you can't pass something off such as the context in which you used the word "idiot" as "factual".

Yes I can. No evidence why I can't.

I committed a logical fallacy by supporting my conclusion with one incorrect piece of evidence...however, my original point still stands that you incorrectly tried to pass off his idiocy as "factual".

Ok.

Ok

BackFire
The President is joke-fodder.

The current one, at least.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by BackFire
The President is joke-fodder.

The current one, at least.

The next, and the one after that, and so on and so on...

No matter how smart, or good a president is, there will always be someone who hates them.

P23
The next, and the one after that, and so on and so on...

No matter how smart, or good a president is, there will always be someone who hates them.

i agree

Mr Parker

The president of the united states is just a puppet.He is SUPPOSE to be the commander in chief who runs the country but he gets his orders and follows them from the military industrail complex.

chillmeistergen

Are you actually that stupid? If someone posts non stop bollocks, on this forum, they are an idiot, on this forum. There's no assuming of educational background or anything else here, you present yourself as an idiot, as you have done constantly, you will get called on it, which you have done.
On this forum you are factually an idiot, as you have provided nothing to debate but your personal opinion on trivial, often off topic matters and internet learnt psychology.

dadudemon
Are you actually that stupid? If someone posts non stop bollocks, on this forum, they are an idiot, on this forum. There's no assuming of educational background or anything else here, you present yourself as an idiot, as you have done constantly, you will get called on it, which you have done.
On this forum you are factually an idiot, as you have provided nothing to debate but your personal opinion on trivial, often off topic matters and internet learnt psychology.

My whole world just came crashing down...I wonder what it tastes like? I bet it tastes like chalk and charcoal at the same time...do you think?

Redundant much?

Mediocrity..wonderful.

Esophagus, maybe the eyes immediately following. Oh the taste of bone and blood at the same time.

Also, horribly wrong.

chillmeistergen
My whole world just came crashing down...I wonder what it tastes like? I bet it tastes like chalk and charcoal at the same time...do you think?

Redundant much?

Mediocrity..wonderful.

Esophagus, maybe the eyes immediately following. Oh the taste of bone and blood at the same time.

Also, horribly wrong.

I'll do what you do, how about it?

Structure.

A wonderful thing.

Destroyed.

dadudemon
I'll do what you do, how about it?

Structure.

A wonderful thing.

Destroyed.

You really are trapped in that world of yours. Would you like me to explain everything I just did in my previous post?

Such negativity, such anger...

Why are you so angry?

chillmeistergen
You really are trapped in that world of yours. Would you like me to explain everything I just did in my previous post?

Such negativity, such anger...

Why are you so angry?

Why are you so presumptuous?

dadudemon
Why are you so presumptuous?

Answering a question with a question, I see. Your question, predictably, does answer any of my questions. Let's start over. Answer these questions:

Would you like me to explain everything I just did in my previous post?

Why are you so angry?

chillmeistergen
Do you know what presumptuous actually means? Yes, that's a question, don't bother answering it with a web definition, that will prove more than anything that you don't.

Bardock42
I-i made a post addressed at you, DDM

dadudemon
Do you know what presumptuous actually means? Yes, that's a question, don't bother answering it with a web definition, that will prove more than anything that you don't.

You have avoided the question and are hiding behind what you think is clever. No one else is posting right now. Answer the questions directly: no games.

chillmeistergen
You have avoided the question and are hiding behind what you think is clever. No one else is posting right now. Answer the questions directly: no games.

OK, no, I'm not angry at all, I don't like people who constantly post shit, so I don't like you, it doesn't make me angry - it just makes me like you even less. My post is not redundant, as though you may think I do, I don't post a lot of shit, you do, I think a lot of people would agree that your posts are far more redundant than mine.

dadudemon
OK, no, I'm not angry at all, I don't like people who constantly post shit, so I don't like you, it doesn't make me angry - it just makes me like you even less. My post is not redundant, as though you may think I do, I don't post a lot of shit, you do, I think a lot of people would agree that your posts are far more redundant than mine.

Thank you. Was it that difficult to answer those questions?

And in response...

You really don't know what you are talking about. More or less, you are more crabby this morning than you usually are. It is 5 a.m. where you are right now; you have most likely been awake all night.

The vast majority of my serious posts are great.

Yours are full of negativity and anger and sometimes naivety. You are very insecure, especially when it comes to intellect. No doubt your presence in the GDF, thus far, is an attempt to belittle/berate others in an effort to gain acceptance from others; even if that acceptance is simply the posters acknowledging that you "burned" another poster.

You posses average artistic abilities but you want it to be more. This contributes to some of your insecurity. You have trouble connecting effectively in relationships with the opposite sex...no really deep connections are forged as you struggle to break that superficial barrier and make a connection.

Bardock42
M-my post.

chillmeistergen

And in response...

You really don't know what you are talking about. More or less, you are more crabby this morning than you usually are. It is 5 a.m. where you are right now; you have most likely been awake all night.

Yours are full of negativity and anger and sometimes naivety. You are very insecure, especially when it comes to intellect. No doubt your presence in the GDF, thus far, is an attempt to belittle/berate others in an effort to gain acceptance from others; even if that acceptance is simply the posters acknowledging that you "burned" another poster.

You posses average artistic abilities but you want it to be more. This contributes to some of your insecurity. You have trouble connecting effectively in relationships with the opposite sex...no really deep connections are forged as you struggle to break that superficial barrier and make a connection.

Woah, psycho analysis time is it? You're predictions are quite wrong I'm not going to point you in any direction. I may well be insecure, but intellect wise, no I'm not, I see it as something I can control, if you do want to bring my self esteem regarding my physical attractiveness into it, then fine, though I don't see a need and I find it to be purposefully finding something that greatly concerns me, and ripping it to shreds.

But yeah, thanks for the utter personal attack, I so far have only attacked your replying structure and the content, upped the game, didn't you? Maybe I tell too much of myself on this stupid thing.

Oh, yeah and reply to Bardock.

dadudemon
Woah, psycho analysis time is it? You're predictions are quite wrong I'm not going to point you in any direction. I may well be insecure, but intellect wise, no I'm not, I see it as something I can control, if you do want to bring my self esteem regarding my physical attractiveness into it, then fine, though I don't see a need and I find it to be purposefully finding something that greatly concerns me, and ripping it to shreds.

But yeah, thanks for the utter personal attack, I so far have only attacked your replying structure and the content, upped the game, didn't you? Maybe I tell too much of myself on this stupid thing.

"Why are you so presumptuous?"

Also...

"ersonal attack" is in the eye of the beholder.

chillmeistergen
"Why are you so presumptuous?"

Also...

"ersonal attack" is in the eye of the beholder.

No, not really, when you raise something to do with my personal life and setbacks, which may I add is completely unrelated to the topic, or any conversation within it - that's a personal attack.

dadudemon
Yes I can. Explain to me why I couldn't.

I apologize for not getting to this. I totally forgot all about this.

Anyway...

If you have an understanding on the history of the word "Idiot", then you should realize that stating something such as "factually an idiot" would have a connotation of a tangible measurement - due to the history of the use of the word. Just as you put it, I felt that for those reading, I had to correct it lest there be confusion.

Wrong. You brought it up because you couldn't conceive of anything related to idiocy being factual without applying Psychological definitions. And I wish I could "learn you" to "split hairs" in "situations where it applies" now.

No..but close. I felt that others who were reading that might get the wrong interpretation from what you were posting. I wanted to clear it up for our readers. Do you remember, the whole reason I did this in the first place?

No, it doesn't change the fact that you tried to correct me. You are still not correct about that.

In retrospect, I should have been much more forth coming about my intentions and perspective as it would have saved both of us time...however, I did learn something new from our pointless conversation: "idiot" was not first used in early psychology.

Are you satisfied with my response?

dadudemon
No, not really, when you raise something to do with my personal life and setbacks, which may I add is completely unrelated to the topic, or any conversation within it - that's a personal attack.

You have said too much.

chillmeistergen
You have said too much.

What?

dadudemon
What?

Care to expand on that a little?

More importantly...

Do you feel that President Bush was more of a puppet in his first term and then gradually "came into his own" during his second? Or do you think it has always been a mixture for President Bush in both terms with no linear progression? ("progression", in this context, is not being used to portray President Bush in a positive manner, rather, it is just referential to a time function as it relates to the quantity of direct decisions made by President Bush.)

Bardock42
I apologize for not getting to this. I totally forgot all about this.

Anyway...

If you have an understanding on the history of the word "Idiot", then you should realize that stating something such as "factually an idiot" would have a connotation of a tangible measurement - due to the history of the use of the word. Just as you put it, I felt that for those reading, I had to correct it lest there be confusion.

The word idiot as I used it has an exact definition. If someone's behaviour applies to it they are factually an idiot. You don't need an IQ test or any sort of official measurement. The definition alone is enough to make something factual.

No..but close. I felt that others who were reading that might get the wrong interpretation from what you were posting.

That's their problem. What I said was grammatically and semantically correct.

I wanted to clear it up for our readers. Do you remember, the whole reason I did this in the first place?

To be a dick?

In retrospect, I should have been much more forth coming about my intentions and perspective as it would have saved both of us time...however, I did learn something new from our pointless conversation: "idiot" was not first used in early psychology.

Glad I could educate you.

Are you satisfied with my response?

Yes.

dadudemon
That's their problem. What I said was grammatically and semantically correct.

LOL!!! It looks like we will never come to agreement that you can't pass off your opinion on someone as being "factual". Read my next response.

To be a dick?

No...well yes...and no...sort of. The answer to this question: "Do you remember, the whole reason I did this in the first place?" was to be like YOU! Splitting hairs just for the sake of having "split hairs" was why I did it...because it was YOU! I wouldn't have done that to anyone else. So yes, I was being a dick...but I was being like you for fun.

Bardock42
LOL!!! It looks like we will never come to agreement that you can't pass off your opinion on someone as being "factual". Read my next response.

I can, if my opinion is factual.

No...well yes...and no...sort of. The answer to this question: "Do you remember, the whole reason I did this in the first place?" was to be like YOU! Splitting hairs just for the sake of having "split hairs" was why I did it...because it was YOU! I wouldn't have done that to anyone else. So yes, I was being a dick...but I was being like you for fun.

But you failed at it. You split hairs where there wasn't anything to split as I was correct.

Robtard

You should pay him for the analysis, maybe he's like Freud and will take cocaine in lieu of money.

Dadudemon, can you psycho analyze me next?

dadudemon
I can, if my opinion is factual.

But you failed at it. You split hairs where there wasn't anything to split as I was correct.

No, your opinion on how much of an idiot he is is not factual. I do not know, really know how you could make that factual, anytime, unless of course you tested him or he was tested for idiocy from a well excepted and refined testing method.

You should pay him for the analysis, maybe he's like Freud and will take cocaine in lieu of money.

Dadudemon, can you psycho analyze me next?

No. He said I was way off, remember? wink I do take money for payment but I am not a psychologist. (Imagine that. roll eyes (sarcastic) )

Bardock42
No, your opinion on how much of an idiot he is is not factual. I do not know, really know how you could make that factual, anytime, unless of course you tested him or he was tested for idiocy from a well excepted and refined testing method.

That's your limitation. There is certain definition of "idiot", if it applies to the person it makes them "factually" an idiot. I don't need one of the psychological testing methods you are so fond of, I just need to apply reason to his statements. If they are unreasonable (foolish) he is in reality an idiot by definition. Dude, just quit while you are only far behind, it will just go down from here.

dadudemon
That's your limitation. There is certain definition of "idiot", if it applies to the person it makes them "factually" an idiot. I don't need one of the psychological testing methods you are so fond of, I just need to apply reason to his statements. If they are unreasonable (foolish) he is in reality an idiot by definition. Dude, just quit while you are only far behind, it will just go down from here.

Just because you talk down to me and play up how much better your statements are then mine, doesn't make your correct.

Regardless of how you put it, how correct you think you are, you can never be correct because you are trying to pass of a relative/subjective term as a fact for another poster. You will never be correct in saying his is FACTUALLY an idiot. You can call him an idiot..great...but you cannot say his idiocy is factual.

I will NOT go over this again. If you make a reply post about this "factual" debate, I will not respond. You were exaggerating with your post and we both know that.

Bardock42
Just because you talk down to me and play up how much better your statements are then mine, doesn't make your correct.

No, being right makes me correct.

Regardless of how you put it, how correct you think you are, you can never be correct because you are trying to pass of a relative/subjective term as a fact for another poster. You will never be correct in saying his is FACTUALLY an idiot. You can call him an idiot..great...but you cannot say his idiocy is factual.

It is not subjective.

I will NOT go over this again. If you make a reply post about this "factual" debate, I will not respond. You were exaggerating with your post and we both know that.

I see you took my advice. Good for you

Katsu
The presidents of the USA are SELECTED and not ELECTED. Your democracy in reality is a dictatorship controlled by The Illuminati aka New World Order.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Katsu
The presidents of the USA are SELECTED and not ELECTED. Your democracy in reality is a dictatorship controlled by The Illuminati aka New World Order.

We know. Now let us go back to arguing which president were better if we had free will and they weren't evil puppets.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Hail to the chief we have chosen for the nation!

We know. Now let us go back to arguing which president were better if we had free will and they weren't evil puppets.

While I don't really care much for NWO theories lets be fair and admit that the USA is clearly not democratic...how many poor people get into government?

Blax_Hydralisk
I really wish a percentage of this forum could be gassed.

crylaugh

Dunno why, but this really tickled me.

chillmeistergen

And in response...

What an earth is all this about? For some reason you felt it upon you to link me to this via PM, and I'm the one seeking acknowledgement?

Look at you, joining the dots like some forensic psychologist in a movie, the trouble is you don't work in either the movies, or as a psychologist. Artistic abilities? I'm unsure how you could even know about my artistic abilities, I posted one poem on here, which was half jokingly posted. I don't know why on earth you are talking about my relationships with the opposite sex, could it be that you married young and feel you didn't have enough superficial fun?

Anyway, reported for bashing with personal attacks.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
While I don't really care much for NWO theories lets be fair and admit that the USA is clearly not democratic...how many poor people get into government?

The amount of poor people in office has nothing to do with how democratic something is.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Katsu

Would these Illuminati aka be lizard people?

ragesRemorse
i think, Reptillian, is the PC terminology.

dadudemon
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

"Thaat is correeeect"

*touches nipple*

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ragesRemorse

Reptilians are Republicans? laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.