The 300 vs The Fellowship of the Ring Movie versions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The 300 has the hobbits and Legolis,Aragorn,Gimli & Boramir are out to save them. The battle takes place 300 yards apart they all have there normal weapons who wins

Gimli- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_%28Middle-earth%29

Boramir- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boromir

Aragorn- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aragorn

Legolis- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legolas

celestialdemon
Will be closed but before it is, the 300 annihilate those 4.

golem370
I think it would be a good match

Inhuman
Give fellowship gandalf, smeegol, and the infinity gauntlet and they stand a chance.

Battlehammer
300 slaughter them.

now if you did bruenor,drizzt and so on then you have a match

srankmissingnin
300 win but take massive casualties.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by golem370
The 300 has the hobbits and Legolis,Aragorn,Gimli & Boramir are out to save them. The battle takes place 300 yards apart they all have there normal weapons who wins

Gimli- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimli_%28Middle-earth%29

Boramir- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boromir

Aragorn- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aragorn

Legolis- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legolas

The 300 can't fight from 300 yards away.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
300 win but take massive casualties.

true.

Kutulu
This has got to be a joke. 300 win easily. These aren't dumb orcs, they're humans taken to the brink of being low level meta's, with experience fighting monsters and countless battles.

WhiteWitchKing
Dude, this would be a better fight if it was the 300 against the Sauron's army of Orcs.

Saruman: THIS IS MADNESSS!!!
Leonidas: THIS...Is...SPARTAAAAA!!!
*kicks Saruman down the well* big grin

Kutulu
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Dude, this would be a better fight if it was the 300 against the Sauron's army of Orcs.

Saruman: THIS IS MADNESSS!!!
Leonidas: THIS...Is...SPARTAAAAA!!!
*kicks Saruman down the well* big grin
rZBA0SKmQy8

Nod
Originally posted by Kutulu
rZBA0SKmQy8

Love that song lol.

Newjak
8YcIQYCkJPI

golem370
The reason the fighters are 300 yards apart is because Aragorn & Legolis have bow's and arrows so they could take out a few from a distance.

srankmissingnin
The Fellowship four are monsters, superior to 300 Spartans by leaps and bounds. They are going to utterly decimated the ranks of the 300... unfortunately the Spartans are quite capable at turtling, and once they do that it is only a matter of time before they take out the fellow ship. Make no mistake though, if the 300 break rank and charge like the did several times in the movie the Fellowship four will demolish them, forcing the 300 back into close ranks.

Draco69
Legolas takes them all out.

Seriously, he was combat god in the movies.

He never got hurt. He never got hit. He always killed with one strike. And he could shoot arrows like a machine gun.

And he never got dirty either. The others looked royally f'ed up after every major battle, but Legolas? Nope. He looked like he just walked out of a spa.....

Kutulu
Originally posted by Draco69
Legolas takes them all out.

Seriously, he was combat god in the movies.

He never got hurt. He never got hit. He always killed with one strike. And he could shoot arrows like a machine gun.

And he never got dirty either. The others looked royally f'ed up after every major battle, but Legolas? Nope. He looked like he just walked out of a spa.....

Anybody can look like a combat god against a bunch of dirty orcs and goblins. As soon as the Spartans see Legolas whipping out arrows they simply form a phalanx and move forward. Sure Legolas will take out a bunch but there is no way he will last through them all.

Martian_mind
Bah,They just throw Gimli at em.

Draco69
Anybody can look like a combat god against a bunch of dirty orcs and goblins. As soon as the Spartans see Legolas whipping out arrows they simply form a phalanx and move forward. Sure Legolas will take out a bunch but there is no way he will last through them all.

Orcs and Goblins weren't stupid. They were as much cannonfodder as the Persians the 300 were fighting.

The only real threats to either were the Ninja guys and the Turok-Han.

And I doubt a phalanx would really work. Legolas was taking out entire mobs with his arrows.

I'd think he aim for their legs and have them trip and stumble over each other.

Also, the turtle won't work. I remember one distinct scene where Legolas was on a bridge and at the very least 600 yards away, shot a goblin through his helmet via the open slit in the eyes.

If anything Aragorn and Gimili can hold them off while Legolas rapidfires them.

Kutulu
Orcs and Goblins weren't stupid. They were as much cannonfodder as the Persians the 300 were fighting.

And I doubt a phalanx would really work. Legolas was taking out entire mobs with his arrows.

Also, the turtle won't work. I remember one distinct scene where Legolas was on a bridge and at the very least 600 yards away, shot a goblin through his helmet via the open slit in the eyes.

Phalanx. 'nuff said. Legolas goes down, hard.

srankmissingnin

Didn't the 300's shields overlap so there wasn't any gaps in their shield wall when the turtled?

Martian_mind

Turok-Han.

When did they visit the hellmouth?

Violent2Dope
Legolas in the movies was a nigh omnipotent god, he soloes, as would Gandalf.

Kutulu
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Didn't the 300's shields overlap so there wasn't any gaps in their shield wall when the turtled?

Exactly, but apparently some posters here can't grasp the concept of what a phalanx is.

Draco69 saying orcs and goblins aren't stupid - laughing to that. You gotta be kiddin' me. You got a bunch of dirty dogs with crappy armor and weapons forged in mass (read: garbage quality) with zero training, they have a tough enough time not eating each other.

Persians >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> orcs and goblins in crappy gear and urukai that were slapped with some armor, a crooked helmet and a dull blade.

Draco69
Phalanx. 'nuff said. Legolas goes down, hard.

One of the phalanx formations' main weaknesses is projectile attacks from archers or slingers.

no expression

The phalanx formation was however useful against a charging opposition.

Just not an archer. Or a very skilled archer with impeccable aim.

It's like a train really. If the first wheel gets knocked down, the entire damn row falls.

Mr. Slippyfist
Phalanx? We is gittin da cosmics out!

Draco69
Exactly, but apparently some posters here can't grasp the concept of what a phalanx is.

Draco69 saying orcs and goblins aren't stupid - laughing to that. You gotta be kiddin' me. You got a bunch of dirty dogs with crappy armor and weapons forged in mass (read: garbage quality) with zero training, they have a tough enough time not eating each other.

Persians >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> orcs and goblins in crappy gear and urukai that were slapped with some armor, a crooked helmet and a dull blade.

Orcs and goblins used to be elves. They're savage but they knew how to fight.

The Phalanx formation is perfect against the likes of Gimili because he's a brawler but against Legolas? It doesn't do anything.

Actually it's a detriment.

Read up on it's history. Advanced archery and long-range warfare proved to be it's undoing and why it was dropped from wartime strategy.

Kutulu

The Phalanx formation is perfect against the likes of Gimili because he's a brawler but against Legolas? It doesn't do anything.

Read up on it's history. Advanced archery and long-range warfare proved to be it's undoing and why it was dropped from wartime strategy.

So after Legolas runs out of his 20 arrows, and his companions are all dead, he is going to single handedly slaughter the rest of the 270 Spartans that are left single handedly using just his sword?

You are truly a LOTR fanboy to the highest caliber. lmao

Draco69
So after Legolas runs out of his 20 arrows, and his companions are all dead, he is going to single handedly slaughter the rest of the 270 Spartans that are left single handedly using just his sword?

You are truly a LOTR fanboy to the highest caliber. lmao

I don't think Legolas ever ran out of arrows. He seemed to get them outta nowhere.

It was either Elvish magic or he somehow managed to find the time to make 200 or 400 so arrows out plain ol' tree bark. It didn't make sense but w/e.

The battle of Return of the King comes to mind. He must have used his arrows dozens of times. He never refilled. He couldn't have gotten them a supply shack or something. He was out in the middle of an open field.

And Legolas has by far shown the ability to take out more than one opponent with a single arrow. On more than one occasion Legolas was shown killing at least four opponents with one arrow.

Inhuman

As soon as the Spartans see Legolas whipping out his phalanx and move forward.

I thought you were talking about something else shifty

Kutulu
I don't think Legolas ever ran out of arrows. He seemed to get them outta nowhere.

It was either Elvish magic or he somehow managed to find the time to make 200 or 400 so arrows out plain ol' tree bark. It didn't make sense but w/e.

The battle of Return of the King comes to mind. He must have used his arrows dozens of times. He never refilled. He couldn't have gotten them a supply shack or something. He was out in the middle of an open field.

And Legolas has by far shown the ability to take out more than one opponent with a single arrow. On more than one occasion Legolas was shown killing at least four opponents with one arrow.

So let me get this straight - Legolas, by himself, will use his magical stack of 400 arrows that he gets "outta nowhere", to kill the Spartans, shooting through the phalanx shield wall which overlaps and doesn't have holes, killing 4 at a time. laughing

Thanks, I needed a good chuckle before going to sleep.

srankmissingnin

But that's the difference between reality and fiction. In reality the Phalanx may have been weak against archers, in the movie it stood up to arrows easily... which is one of the reasons this is the movie 300 and not the real ones. I'd say the fact that turtling with your shields in real life is ineffective against archers is irrelevant, because it worked in the movie.

SaintSmurph
So let me get this straight - Legolas, by himself, will use his magical stack of 400 arrows that he gets "outta nowhere", to kill the Spartans, shooting through the phalanx shield wall which overlaps and doesn't have holes, killing 4 at a time. laughing

Thanks, I needed a good chuckle before going to sleep. Did you ever see Legolas run out of arrows?

No, but you did see him firing them off like a speedy motherf*cker. And keep shooting more...

Kutulu
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
Did you ever see Legolas run out of arrows?

No, but you did see him firing them off like a speedy motherf*cker. And keep shooting more...

Ahh I was wondering when my personal troll would show up. happywank

Symmetric Chaos

Orcs were elves thousands of years ago. Goblins are their own race all together IIRC.

Orc don't know how to fight (excluding the Uruk-hai) simply because they were made as mockeries of Elves. They exist for no purpose but to hurt things and they don't fulfill it with subtlety or skill.

Goblins are just stupid.

Violent2Dope

You are truly a LOTR fanboy to the highest caliber. lmao First of all, your math is terrible. Secondly, yes, he can. smile

Kutulu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Orcs were elves thousands of years ago. Goblins are their own race all together IIRC.

Orc don't know how to fight (excluding the Uruk-hai) simply because they were made as mockeries of Elves. They exist for no purpose but to hurt things and they don't fulfill it with subtlety or skill.

Goblins are just stupid.

Except in Draco's world, where orcs and goblins are elite fighters, and arrows magically appear out of thin air. whistle

Symmetric Chaos
Except in Draco's world, where orcs and goblins are elite fighters, and arrows magically appear out of thin air. whistle

He's a ****ing Elf. Your inferior Human math means nothing to him.

Besides Smurph has already pointed out that he never runs out of arrows.

Kutulu
Gotta love KMC sometimes. When all else fails, the character simply magically has an infinite supply of arrows and performs a hundred times better than he did in the story or the movie, and of course the LOTR fangirls flock to defend.

400+ arrows KMC style:
http://www.erzaweb.com/FDP/Legolas%20The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings.jpg

Inhuman
Gotta love KMC sometimes. When all else fails, the character simply magically has an infinite supply of arrows and performs a hundred times better than he did in the story or the movie, and of course the LOTR fangirls flock to defend.

400+ arrows KMC style:

He has the reality gem

Kutulu
Originally posted by Inhuman
He has the reality gem

laughing

Symmetric Chaos

400+ arrows KMC style:
http://www.erzaweb.com/FDP/Legolas%20The%20Lord%20of%20the%20Rings.jpg

Great argument. So based off of that logic, Legolas managed to shoot hundreds of people using . . . 3 arrows.

Yeah, that makes total sense.

TricksterPriest

Thanks, I needed a good chuckle before going to sleep.

Umm.....yeah, actually. He will. It's well known in fiction that Elves are stupidly uber archers. But even by those standards, movie Legolas was broken as hell. The guy seemed to have an infinite ammo and pre-cog cheat code. HE NEVER TOOK A SINGLE SCRATCH IN ALL 3 MOVIES! What the f**k?

And FYI, I'm almost certain those arrows are armor piercing. And even if he runs out, he's got twin blades. And Gimli carries throwing axes.......

Even if Legolas runs out of arrows, he'll take out at least 50 or so bare min. That leaves 250 spartans vs. Aragorn, the king of gondor, Boromir, who took several poisoned Uruk-Hai arrows to bring down, Gimli, who's more than a match for 10 of them at a time, and Legolas, who is nigh unhittable.

Not to mention Anduril can probably cut through their shields like butter. The sword was not only elvish-made, it created mystic fire.

Kutulu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Great argument. So based off of that logic, Legolas managed to shoot hundreds of people using . . . 3 arrows.

Yeah, that makes total sense.

But him generating arrows using his infinite bag of arrows is more logical? hmm

SaintSmurph
Ahh I was wondering when my personal troll would show up. happywank I made a point. It wasn't even an insult...

Me, be someone's personal troll? laughing out loud

Kutulu
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
I made a point. It wasn't even an insult...

Me, be someone's personal troll? laughing out loud

Yeah you've trolled me the past few days, kinda like a dingleberry that won't go away no matter how many times you wipe. It's a shameful position indeed, but I'm honored.

SaintSmurph
Yeah you've trolled me the past few days, kinda like a dingleberry that won't go away no matter how many times you wipe. It's a shameful position indeed, but I'm honored. Don't flatter yourself. I guarantee if I've said something rude about you in the past few days, it's because you've said some exceptionally dumb things, and I happened to read them.

I wouldn't bother to follow you around.

And, if all these "trollings" are like me pointing out that Legolas never ran out of arrows despite shooting as fast, accurately and consistently as humanly (or elfishly) possible, then you're confusing "debating" and "trolling".

It's ok though. I promise I'll try not to hurt your feelings with them painful argument in the future.

petpet

Blax_Hydralisk
But him generating arrows using his infinite bag of arrows is more logical? hmm

A phalanx being completely protective against arrows is logical? An Elf even existing is logical?

I love how people try to apply logic to things are completely illogical in the first place.

Violent2Dope
YAY! BLAX IS HERE!

Legolas soloes.

golem370
Legolis was not the only one with arrows Boromir and Aragorn had them to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.