Yeah, so I got some bad news today during dinner..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rodgort
Note: For those who don't know me, if you're going to post sh*t in here, don't bother posting at all. If you think it makes you more of a man, then you're mistaken by a whole new level. For those who do know me, which may be quite a few people, feel free to post whatever.

So, I figured out today during dinner that my grandfather is probably going to be in a coma and dead around Christmas, which is only about a week away. I was never really close with him, but we talked when we could.

When I first moved down to Florida I talked with him a lot more because I took up Trombone, and he used to play Trumpet. We would talk for hours about our instruments, music, etc. Now hearing he's just going to die in about a week is like getting hit in the face by the baseball at high velocity.

My week just keeps getting better.

Reverend Axel
I don't really know you, I posted anyway.

Sorry to hear, though.

TRH
Like I said before,I am really sorry and offer my best to your family.

Rodgort
Originally posted by TRH
Like I said before,I am really sorry and offer my best to your family. Like I said before, thanks.

Originally posted by Reverend Axel
I don't really know you, I posted anyway.

Sorry to hear, though. You may have seen me around a few times, and somehow..you're on my MSN list. Thanks anyway.

Dustin [Tsure]
Sad. My Grandma was just diagnosed with lung cancer. They aren't giving her much hope. Sorry to hear about that.

Rodgort
Originally posted by Dustin
Sad. My Grandma was just diagnosed with lung cancer. They aren't giving her much hope. Sorry to hear about that. I wish your grandmother and your family the best. My grandfather had colon cancer, and had to undergo surgery to remove it. Now it's just been too much and they've taken him off his kemo treatment. Now they can only control the pain.

Also, thank you.

JacopeX
Damn...I could imagine such a bad feeling. Hopefully everything turns out alright with you, man. sad

Rodgort
Originally posted by JacopeX
Damn...I could imagine such a bad feeling. Hopefully everything turns out alright with you, man. sad Thanks, Jacope. That means a lot.

guy222
I wish u well

My dad just came home from the hospital

BakaXero
hmm... you don't know for sure when someone will die. My Grandma had a stroke and died within a day, while my Grandpa who also had a stroke lasted a few months and was stuck in a bed. Grandma was a shock, Grandpa was a bit easier cause we were expecting it. Still some people can last longer than you think they will. Just see him as much as possible for now. Not much can be done about death. You can prepare yourself a bit but not completely.

Rodgort
Originally posted by BakaXero
hmm... you don't know for sure when someone will die. My Grandma had a stroke and died within a day, while my Grandpa who also had a stroke lasted a few months and was stuck in a bed. Grandma was a shock, Grandpa was a bit easier cause we were expecting it. Still some people can last longer than you think they will. Just see him as much as possible for now. Not much can be done about death. You can prepare yourself a bit but not completely. I like your advice, the only issue is I now live in Florida, where as he lives back in Canada. I wanted to go visit him during Thanksgiving when my dad went, but I couldn't. Now, all I can really do is keep in touch with him over the phone.

Rodgort
Originally posted by guy222
I wish u well

My dad just came home from the hospital Thank you. I hope your dad is ok now.

guy222
Thank u

Sol Valentine
Wow, I wish you the best, hopefuly, you get a stroke of good luck.

Grinning Goku
Sorry to hear that, man. It sucks donkey's balls.

Violent2Dope
My Grandpa almost died from heart attacks three times since I have been alive(once before).

Best of luck.

Rodgort
Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Impediment
I rarely respond to pity threads, mainly because 95% are bullshit excuses for attention.

However, if, infact, you're being truthful, then you have my sympathies.

Secretus
Originally posted by Rodgort
Note: For those who don't know me, if you're going to post sh*t in here, don't bother posting at all. If you think it makes you more of a man, then you're mistaken by a whole new level. For those who do know me, which may be quite a few people, feel free to post whatever.

So, I figured out today during dinner that my grandfather is probably going to be in a coma and dead around Christmas, which is only about a week away. I was never really close with him, but we talked when we could.

When I first moved down to Florida I talked with him a lot more because I took up Trombone, and he used to play Trumpet. We would talk for hours about our instruments, music, etc. Now hearing he's just going to die in about a week is like getting hit in the face by the baseball at high velocity.

Sorry to hear that. I've lost many family members and can understand your pain. It makes it even harder because it's the holidays.

Originally posted by Impediment
I rarely respond to pity threads, mainly because 95% are bullshit excuses for attention.

However, if, infact, you're being truthful, then you have my sympathies.

You're all heart.

Strangelove

My week just keeps getting better. That's awful, man. I don't know what I'd do if any of my grandparents died, especially around Christmas.

Stay strong.

Rodgort
Originally posted by Impediment

However, if, infact, you're being truthful, then you have my sympathies. I don't need to try to get attention, even if it's one person, that's enough for me.

Originally posted by Secretus
Sorry to hear that. I've lost many family members and can understand your pain. It makes it even harder because it's the holidays. It does, and I thank you for your support. Also, I'm sorry to hear about those you've lost.

Originally posted by Strangelove
That's awful, man. I don't know what I'd do if any of my grandparents died, especially around Christmas.

Stay strong. Thanks for the support, and I'll do my best.

SelphieT

I'm sorry about your grandfather. Keep faith/hope, no matter how hard it is in this stupid ass world sometimes.

Family issues are obviously a million times worse around the holiday season. I haven't gone through what you are going through, but for the last two Christmas' I've been alone. Last year, my Dad had moved away from me, so I was all by myself, and then the year before, my Dad was in Iraq, for he was in the army.

Its obviously not the same, but I know what it's like to have a shitty Christmas. If you ever need someone to talk to, please talk to me. My thoughts are with you. *hugs*

Rodgort
Originally posted by SelphieT
I'm sorry about your grandfather. Keep faith/hope, no matter how hard it is in this stupid ass world sometimes.

Family issues are obviously a million times worse around the holiday season. I haven't gone through what you are going through, but for the last two Christmas' I've been alone. Last year, my Dad had moved away from me, so I was all by myself, and then the year before, my Dad was in Iraq, for he was in the army.

Its obviously not the same, but I know what it's like to have a shitty Christmas. If you ever need someone to talk to, please talk to me. My thoughts are with you. *hugs* I'm sorry to hear about that, and wish you the best as well.

The Grey Fox
I don't think I've met you, but the same thing happened with my grandad a few years ago around this time too, so I know just what it feels like, and so I give my sympathies to you.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. All I can I say is be prepare and strong for anything. You must go on in life and continue to live and learn. Life is just but a moment in all eternity.

Rodgort
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
I don't think I've met you, but the same thing happened with my grandad a few years ago around this time too, so I know just what it feels like, and so I give my sympathies to you. Knowing I'm not the only one who's suffered the same fate makes me feel a little better. Thanks.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. All I can I say is be prepare and strong for anything. You must go on in life and continue to live and learn. Life is just but a moment in all eternity. Wiser words have never been spoken, and I'll keep them in mind. Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.