Legends of the Pirate King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Who thought up the term "Self-pimpage"? haha, well I suppose that's what this is. I started a fanfic called Legends of the Pirate King, which is essentially a collection of tales of Elizabeth Turner taking on her new life as Pirate King, intermingled with Jack Sparrow and a host of new characters and settings. I know I was supposed to have put together a very clever and serious argument about why Jack and Elizabeth were together after AWE, but I got distracted by this instead and really, it's more fun.

I would love for you guys to read, review, and give me advice or criticism or ideas or whatever.

It's listed on fanfiction.net, "legends of the pirate king" by Maidenfairhair. Here is the Link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3954384/1/Legends_of_the_Pirate_King

It's destined to get a bit smutty, and probably very far fetched and dramatic. Not just for Sparrabethers, I promise! smile

savvysparrowluv
Awesome! I'll tell you what I think as soon as I have time to read it - I'm excited!

Tramps Lady
^^^ditto lol..no time atm..i promise ill read it!!

katelovespirate
hehe thanks! well I should have chapter 2 up in a bit. smile let me know what you guys think.

addicted2flicks
That sounds interesting and would I think make for an interesting story to follow. Don't be discourage and continue. We'll be looking forward to it smile

katelovespirate
ch 2 is up.

PirateDiva
ooook Kate u wrote a fic!!!? I'm so excited to read it!! YAY!! Today is my last day of finals so i'll have plenty of time to read it later! YAY im so excited to get started!

lol...self-pimpage personally i used the term quoting savvysparrowluv...lol!

katelovespirate
haha i love that term. it's so true.

chapter three is almost done--- and prepare yourself, smutty JE bodice ripping abounds... i got a little carried away, but you're all mature. wink

i usually only like writing fics when i am working on it with seasoned professionals like Willo and Chiki and Tigers and such, but it's fun to try and figure one out on my own too. smile Thanks for being excited guys.

savvysparrowluv
Lol, I can't take credit for the term - I heard on on LJ, but it fits doesn't it? stick out tongue

katelovespirate
yep. chapter 3 is up. be warned, very graphic and scandalous... and based off the idea of Willo's scene at the Pirate Brethren Meeting at Shipwreck Cove. Enjoy!

willofthewisp
I'm honored, Kate! I can't wait to read it. I'll leave reviews for every chapter tonight! I know it's going to be great.

texgodiva2s
ohhh, baby baby--true about mature except for me this next ten days. I loved what I read yesterday evening (this a.m.?). You got a nice touch with the dialouge--I gots to be able to hear them to see them--don't understand that part of my brain exactly, but that's the case. and I could see them quite nicely thank you. Elisabeth's a bit chewy, sharp, but she can be like that and hurrazh--let the bodices rip yeah!!

Oh, this is just a selfish--when I hit the chapters part and there weren't any more yet-well, I got my lip waaaaaayyyyyy out--don't get me in trouble with Santa, woman, keep them chapters coming.

I'm beginning to think that is what so drives us all--UST, is that it? Unrequited, unresolved, unrestituted, unspeakable.....what the heckydo is it? I got the sexual tension: delightful, shivery, hot/cold, stomach in a knot--yea!! so wow me in the balconies MizKateloves--I'm won to your standard.

willofthewisp
Wow! This is great. I'm really enjoying it.

katelovespirate
ch 4 up...

PirateDiva
w0o0o0o0 ur on a roll Kate!! lol

lovethemtigers
Kate I just finished reading and left a review. It's magnificant. I especially enjoyed the Shipwreck Cove Chapter - 3. Wonderful and breathtaking. Please keep writing. I'm very intrigued to find out what Jack has in mind once their deal is met.......he can command her to do whatever he wants her to do..they have an accord! Can't wait!

katelovespirate
haha thanks tigers! and everyone. it's my first shot writing (or trying to write) a whole fanfic myself, but i am enjoying the creative outlet and practice. i like to explore stuff i've never written before--- which resulted in chapter 3, so it's good to hear what you guys think!

Anyways, I have some fun stuff planned for ch 5 and 6... smile i hope i am not being annoying with the self-pimpage...

lovethemtigers
Not'a'tall....luv...keep it pimping!

Can't wait for those 2 chapters....I know that you have a great sense of humor Kate...so I know it will be great!

Gosh can you believe we have been chatting with each other on this forum now for 1 year and 5 months!

katelovespirate
haha oh my word... that's insane... smile I wonder if they DO make a fourth film, whether we will keep this up. I just found out they were making the Hobbit, and remembered all the days of excitement and speculation leading up to those films. I think I'd like it if Pirates just went on indefinitely.

sometimes I think we should all get jobs in hollywood. lol.

well, chapters 5 and 6 are both up--- prepare for angst in ch 6. funny how it just happens, even when you aren't planning it.

someone needs to teach me how to write humor.

katelovespirate
ch 7 is up! smile

katelovespirate
ch 8 up...

hope everyone's Christmas holidays were good!

tee_pirategirl
Oh my kate! I just read the whole thing. It's the best fic I've read in the longest time. Not saying this cause you're a friend. It's one of the only post AWE fic that has an actual original plot and OCs that do more than hang around for the ride.

katelovespirate
thanks so much! smile you're the best. btw, what does OC mean?

i am working on chap 9. hopefully it will be up soon. i'll let you know! i'm trying to finish about half before i'm away for a few weeks.

katelovespirate
ch 9 is up...

tee_pirategirl
YAY!!!! I'm so happy! *does the dance* I'll head over and read it right now. OC is the outside characters that weren't in the movie and you invented and are AWESOME!!

katelovespirate
ch 10 is up. i think we;ve hit the halfway mark. thanks so, so much for encouraging me! smile

katelovespirate
ch 11 s up...

i got a little sidetracked working on the 'wrong decision, right reasons' one. ps, is a mistake to write 2 sparrabeth fics at the same time. i'm confusing myself. lol

lovethemtigers
I'm loving your stories Kate...so full of j/e goodness....I'm very intrigued. You are such a good writer! Keep it coming!

willofthewisp
I am going to get caught up on it this weekend. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of what you have.

katelovespirate
oh yay! you guys are lovely.

willofthewisp
Beautiful so far, Kate. Keep it up.

katelovespirate
well ch 12 is up, pretty short but 13 is sure to follow pretty quick.

my other fic "wrong decision, right reasons", which i never really meant to continue, is totally ousting the "legends" one as far as popularity and reviews... which I know is annoying to some people cause i've completely changed both Jack and Lizzie's characters. lol. anyways, give "legends" some loving if you feel the urge.

thanks guys, xoxo

willofthewisp
Just lovely, Kate. I left a review.

katelovespirate
ah, you are the best ever! You are always so encouraging. Thank you! HUGS!! smile

katelovespirate
well after a flipping month of laziness ch 13 is up. its short but 14 is almost done.

and ch 9 and 10 of my other fic, "wrong decision, right reasons" are up as well.

PirateDiva
W0o0o0o!! I didn't want to begin another Sparrabeth fic because i'm in the middle of a few right now....but I'm hearing way to may good things about ur stories Kate and I cant take it anymore! I shall start reading them 2day! smile

katelovespirate
smile Awe yay!! You will have to leave me tons of constructive criticism, then. HUGS!!!

PirateDiva
Kate Kate Kate my dear Kate!!! Oh my word I am Loving your story dear!! I hope you haven't forsaken it and update soon!! I'm sooo anxious to know what happens!!! Pa-Pa-PaPlease Update SOON! angel

willofthewisp
How's the story coming? I can't access fanfiction here at work so I'll have to wait. We all know you're busy, but we still look forward to it just the same!

tee_pirategirl
WHat she said!
We know you're busy and we don't wanna be pushy but we just love it so much.
We're addicted

VioletEyesPop08
I left my review http://www.fanfiction.net/r/3954384/ on chapter 1 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3954384/1/Legends_of_the_Pirate_King : "Wow, that is the direction this needs to go and there it will, though. ;o"

That is what I have been looking for, fanfiction on Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as discussion, but this is just great!

katelovespirate
Thanks guys! smile I think I'm up to Chapter 14 on this one. 15 is about half-written and will probably be up sometime this weekend. lots of good stuff coming up, as i was finally able to get the plot in a place where i can reunited Jack and Lizzie for more sparrabeth action, which has been sadly lacking for about 10 chapters now. at some point i ought to have someone beta this for me so i can put it up on livejournal. anyone interested? i know there's some inconsistencies and dead-ends on various plot threads... just let me know if you care to take a whack at it.

on my other angstier fic, i'm up to ch 11. this one is drawing to a close in a few chapters. it's been much more challenging to write but i am very happy with it thus far.

tee_pirategirl
Oh yeah! That fic makes me wanna cry (in a very good way mind you) every time I read it. At one point I actually talked to my screen and went "Tell him you love him back god damn it!"
I'm now judging my own sanity

PirateDiva
YAY Kate!!! I can't wait! I've been waiting patiently like a good little girl for your update!! lol...but I dont think I can wait much longer...lol!!

Oh and Tee....I've been questioning my own insanity since the minute I saw Jack and Lizzie on Rum Runners Island in COTBP all those 5 years ago!!! lol

Wow it's been 5 years that I've loved Sparrabeth!! Crazy!

katelovespirate
I'm working on 15 right now, Diva. Nearly done. smile

PirateDiva
*starts jumping up and down with joy* You have no idea Kate!! I'm a big fan of your fic....so i really am trembling with excitment already!! lol

YAY!! Can't wait! smile

katelovespirate
right, its up.

smile

willofthewisp
I have to get caught up on it. I promise I'll read it, Kate. I love what I've read so for.

tee_pirategirl
GAH! I just read it. SO GOOD

VioletEyesPop08
Yes, I should be able to read it all easily.. but I'm lost in music again, as I always am.. embarrasment and it isn't usually pop when I say that.. I should had finished it already..

O.K.. putting the book in front of me, again.

big grin This is quite the opportunity of a lifetime for me. big grin

(Sees something like a green flash, too..)

katelovespirate
well there you go. 16s up. rather short but hopefully enjoyable.

tee_pirategirl
*faints* I'm...speechless

willofthewisp
16 is up already? You are so good with updates! 15 was great.

PirateDiva
*follows Tee and faints*

Ahhhhhhhh! Kate!!! It's soooo good! Eeek!!! Ahhhhhh! eek!

katelovespirate
17s been up for a while just in case you guys didnt know!

and... i've just finished the very last chapter of my other fic and it will be up soon. it's a happy ending and i almost never write those, so enjoy!

willofthewisp
Now you have me worried because Legends of the Pirate King HAS to have a happy ending! You'll make so many of us cry uncontrollably if you don't! I've been so impressed with your writing. Any ideas for other ones after you finish these two?

katelovespirate
Yeah, I'm planning a massive joint Sparrabeth-of-doom project written by you, me, florencia, and Sally R. I havent told you all yet. wink

i need a break, actually. i get too involved in my stories. i would love to hear your opinion on the last segment of "decisions" which i just finished, Willo. I totally stole the ending from one of the fanfics we wrote, actually. it was just too great to leave moldering on a thread somewhere. the only difference was, no james and no mermaid. wink

as far as "legends", you will have to wait and see. that's really all i can say at this point. hehehe. big grin

willofthewisp
Hmm, I will have to get on there. I understand about getting too involved. Sometimes the little one-shots I've written are all I can think about and I have to post them right there and then, and then there are times when I feel stupid for putting so much effort into someone else's characters when I could be creating more of my own.

Take a break when you need it, Kate. We'll all be waiting. I'll leave some comments on your stories when I get a chance.

katelovespirate
well it's good practice, anyways... haha. the interesting thing about fanfic is there's a constant pressure to have a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter, just to keep people interested. i have a very slow story-telling pace so it's been good to learn how to keep things moving a bit more.

thanks so much for the comments! I agree the last chapter went quickly, but i fiddled with it for some time and just couldn't seem to draw it out any longer without wallowing. haha.

VioletEyesPop08
It's rather long, but good content. It seems you are afraid to get onto the hot stuff you want to get into. You have to find a point other than that it's about hot stuff if you want it to be a winner.

texgodiva2s
Love the story, Cakes and can't wait for more hotness and groovin'.

katelovespirate
ch 18's up! smile

willofthewisp
Oh, darling, let me get my internet up in the house and check out of this temporary lodging room and I will read away. You've been doing so great.

katelovespirate
Willo, I don't know how you do it! Moving, traveling, taking care of all those little details while pregnant! You are like superwoman or something. smile

Ch 19s up, guys. I appreciate all your reviews and encouragement so much. HUGS!

katelovespirate
20s up. smile

katelovespirate
21s up... a bit of humor for april 1st! smile

willofthewisp
Okay, so, uh, disregard the review I left. I wasn't sure if Jack had caught on or not (no spoiler intended) and had to reread it. So I reviewed too quickly. It still is a great chapter and it's my fault I wasn't comprehending like I usually do. After a second read, I can tell you just how clever it is and how much fun I'm having.

katelovespirate
haha cheers matey-o! smile

ch 22 is up.

willofthewisp
heading to it now!

katelovespirate
ch 23 has been up for a while, forgot to post.

katelovespirate
24s up...

pirate179
i just love these! big grin

katelovespirate
25 up! finally!

willofthewisp
Ooh! Can't wait!

katelovespirate
ch 26 is up--- after like, a million years. lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.