Battlefield: Bad Company

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Another great war game is coming out in 2008 March but this is a bit different from the others since it's "main point" is destruction. Unlike in any other games you can actually "shorten" your path for instance you can use the attached granade launcher on your machine gun to create new "doors" by blowing a hole in a wall if you want to take cover in a house or you can just call in for airstrike to literally level down buildings.......

Some gameplay

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24572.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24582.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24594.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24606.html

Morridini
Only disappointment with that game so far are the tiny amount of people you can have on a map. IF I remember correctly the cap was at 16, and no Battlefield game should have anything less then 64 as max in my opinion.

MadMel
thats true erm

Estacado
Originally posted by Morridini
Only disappointment with that game so far are the tiny amount of people you can have on a map. IF I remember correctly the cap was at 16, and no Battlefield game should have anything less then 64 as max in my opinion.
Well the official site mentioned 24.

Morridini
Still a pretty low number.

Raijin
Still a pretty low number.
Maybe that maps are smaller?

Morridini
Yes that would be a logical assumption.... but why do you ask? That doesn't remove the fact that it's way more fun with 32 vs 32 fights then 12 vs 12.

Estacado
How many fps for the 360 have 32vs32 matches? no expression
Wait does any fps games have 32 vs 32 matches?

@st
Battlefield on PC does.

Raijin
Yes that would be a logical assumption.... but why do you ask? That doesn't remove the fact that it's way more fun with 32 vs 32 fights then 12 vs 12.
I also think it's because the console network (or whatever we should call it) just can't handle that large amount of players on each server, I mean, it's a fact that there are no console games that have 32 vs 32 (or less) matches. But I don't really mind, it's not the amount of players that make online fun, just look at the console version of Call of Duty 4 and that's pretty much a BF2 ripoff.

Morridini
But the thing that makes Battlefield 2 (the one I played) is that it feels like war when the map is filled with soldiers, explosions and bullets everywhere, you just can't get the feeling of War with so few players.

Morridini
So I just downloaded the demo, and jumped straight into the online multiplayer.

Might have been a bad decision, I ran around like a headless chicken the first 10 min trying to figure out where the hell to go, how to do the controls etc etc, but after a while I got the hang of it.

The controls aren't as fluid as CoD 4, but good enough. However I found that even by putting sensitivity to max I still didn't turn fast enough.

The multiplayer tasks were pretty fun, we have to protect an X amount of gold cases, once one is destroyed, we fall back to the next case, which is in a part of the map that was shaded off before the first case was destroyed, and so it goes on. Unlocking more and more (and sealing off earlier parts) of the map as cases gets destroyed.

The destruction seems pretty cool, however it's very disappointing to find walls that can't be destroyed because the game don't want it to.

I did however have a few pretty cool moments.

I was chasing a dude, he ran around a wall, I had a grenade launcher, so I simply blew a whole in the wall and stepped out in front of him (he expecting me to be behind) and killed him.

Another time I was sitting in a tower, a perfect spot to shot people from. Until a tank saw me, it shot at me, and I died. Thinking nothing of it I ran back, to continue my camping in the tower, only to discover that the tower was now half it's size it used to be, the top floors had been blown away.

Still a bit unsure if I'm willing to spend so much money on it when it's released, but the demo will help me decide.

@st
Anyone picking this up? Im gonna download the demo and play it tonight. I been seeing the commercial and it looks a nice lighthearted change of pace from most serious war games. The reviews have been great and the multiplayer is supposed to be incredible well done.

Smasandian
I'm not.

I dont like the aiming in this game.

I kinda of wish it was for the PC.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.