is it possible to hate someone you once loved?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XvampbenjiiX666
is it possible to hate someone you once loved, or still loved but aren't together anymore?

if you loved someone and they hurt you would you still love them no matter what or would you be able to hate them for life or for a short period of time?

black-russian
Of course. Its a no brainer. Love and hate are 2 existing natural factors that make up human emotion and contribute to ethics and overall social conduct.

If someone I once loved killed a family member, I'm not going to start looking for an opening in my calender for our next get together am I? However, simultaneously, hate is a tedious emotion that generally is harmful to your long term health and state of mind.

XvampbenjiiX666
isn't possible for love to lead to hate, or vice versa?

Bardock42
Originally posted by XvampbenjiiX666
isn't possible for love to lead to hate, or vice versa?

That makes grammatically no sense.

But of course you can hate someone you once loved.

Nod
Yes it is.

WrathfulDwarf
I don't thinks so....I mean if you really hate someone who you once loved....maybe you weren't in love in the first place. Maybe it was just some strange infatuation or desire rather than real love. I been in love more than once in my life. I've never hated my ex-girlfriends. Just didn't work out.

blink

SelphieT
Its obviously possible, I currently hate a lot of people I've once loved. I don't typically hate someone I don't know.

chithappens
Hell yea. **** that *****.

LOL

Bicnarok
I personally cannot hate anyone. Ok in n "in heat of the moment" aggression attack maybe shortly, if someone really pisses me off, but I always forgive em after Ive smacked them one.

JediSamuraiMRB
is it possible to hate someone you once loved, or still loved but aren't together anymore?

if you loved someone and they hurt you would you still love them no matter what or would you be able to hate them for life or for a short period of time?

Its very possible. Couples that have broken up sometimes stay as friends. Happens all the time.

Rogue Jedi
very possible. when someone hurts you, its in our nature to hate them, but we get over it.

KharmaDog
Anything is possible I gues, but in my opinon the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. To be honest, if you hate the person, you more likely than not confused love with lust in the first place.

People throw the word love around without regard to it's actual meaning, or don't recognize the many different facets of the emotion.

Devil King
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Anything is possible I gues, but in my opinon the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference.

INDEED!

Naz

Yes, definitely in a non-romantic-love sense. When I was young and stupid I loved my parents. Now I'm older and I can consciously realize how they mistreat me, and I hate them. And for the love of God, if another person tells me "Oh, you're just mad at them, you really do love them," seriously, I'm going to eat you.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Naz
Yes, definitely in a non-romantic-love sense. When I was young and stupid I loved my parents. Now I'm older and I can consciously realize how they mistreat me, and I hate them. And for the love of God, if another person tells me "Oh, you're just mad at them, you really do love them," seriously, I'm going to eat you.

You really do love them. You're just trying to seem emo. Otherwise you would have sued them for the abuse you talked about.

Naz
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You really do love them. You're just trying to seem emo. Otherwise you would have sued them for the abuse you talked about.

crylaugh emo.

I tried for emancipation, lawyers are expensive. herb

leonheartmm
it is possible. if you have changed and if they have changed. and it is VERY possible to love sum1 who you are not with, i can say this with assurity. as much as it is possible to both love and hate sum1.

XvampbenjiiX666
but then whats the point of saying you love someone if theres that possibility that you could end up hating them?

Deja~vu
Agreed. Psychology. 101 yes

XvampbenjiiX666
wow...thats something i never thought about...i usually thought hate was opposite of love..not indifference

leonheartmm
if you truly love sum1, then even though you might hate them at times, when you remeber who they really are and what they really mean to you, then you wud realise that you cant truly hate them and love them ultimately.

chillmeistergen
Probably.

Deja~vu
Love and hate are connected that is why they cannot be separated into opposites. However, indifference is the rejection of no longer caring. This is where the real hurt comes from which stimulates the hate. If you still hate, then you are still hanging on to the hurt of love rejected to you.

XvampbenjiiX666
never thought it would be complicated like that

Naz
wow...thats something i never thought about...i usually thought hate was opposite of love..not indifference

By hating somone, you still care what happens to them, you just hope what happens to them is bad. Hate involves effort.

leonheartmm
love is the opposite of hate. indifference is the middle ground. but at the same time, love is very similar to hate, and indifference is opposite to them both.

love and hate both share sumthing, the fact that they are extremes, and require passion/care for the person. indifference is just normal or light which is the opposite of extreme/passionate/obsession/care.

however, in an emotional range, indifference may be the middle ground to love and hate. minus the care

P23
yes for instance. this one chick who was half arabic played me so i went to a lesbian bar and wrote her name on the wall saying hot sexy butch looking for some muff luving.

XvampbenjiiX666
ouch....

Devil King
Originally posted by P23
yes for instance. this one chick who was half arabic played me so i went to a lesbian bar and wrote her name on the wall saying hot sexy butch looking for some muff luving.

How'd that work out?

XvampbenjiiX666
anyway

P23
Originally posted by Devil King
How'd that work out?

well aparently after that i caught word that she disconected her cell phone and her brother tracked me down and well i believe in self defence so hey wth right?

XvampbenjiiX666
right...i guess

vinz07
It is possible but it fades away...You must learn to accept the challenges that life may come to you...

Adam_PoE

Yes.

That depends on how he or she hurt you.

JackieCD
Uhhh yeah it's possible. duh.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by P23

Woah, you bad ass.

Spidervlad
Hate is actually a really strong word, and most of us actually 'hate' very few people. I've never hated someone I loved, but I did feel indifference for them and irritation. Times change, people change.

But you may love a person who is a 'two-facer' and fakes his personality, but hate him once you find out his real personality.

XvampbenjiiX666
well looks like i dont hate if i still care...does that sound right?

Fishy
well looks like i dont hate if i still care...does that sound right?

You make less sense then Jackie and that's saying a lot...

Of course you can still care if you don't hate or you can not care if you don't hate.

Feeling any kind of emotion towards somebody means you care.

brightlights
It's all subjective.

BackFire
Absolutely possible.

Bardock42
I used to love Backfire.

Long story short, it is possible.

BackFire
I, on the other hand, never loved Bardock.

Just used him for his boobs. Good times were had by all.

GCG
So do you get more love by playing with Bardock or by playing with yourself ??

Devil King
Originally posted by BackFire
I, on the other hand, never loved Bardock.

Just used him for his boobs. Good times were had by all.

Don't tase me bro!

Discos
It has happened in every relationship I have been in, except 2. Perhaps because both chicks are super awesome.

I am a total emotional cripple and a love rat, I do tell chicks I love them, most likely to keep them happy. But most the time I dont love shit.

All the chicks I have finished with over the years absolute hate me and I have a bad rep round their group of friends.

XvampbenjiiX666
i see...i figured it out too...it is possible

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.