"TIME" person of the year: Vladimir Putin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Al Gore's the runner up. I thought he'd be first. Never thought it'd be Putin though.

Haven't heard anything from him this year beside Russia banning that Harry Potter movie with the magical Elf in it Soviet Forces said was made to purposefully and look like Putin. Was that this year? If not then that was the last I really heard of him.

Anyway I always like knowing who it is every year for entertainment purposes mostly.

Last year it was "You". The magazine cover had a mirror on it, haha.

Kram3r
Time's person of the year are stupid. Goes to show when they list Hitler and "you" as winners of this "prestigious" award.

botankus
I'm surprised it wasn't Ann Coulter. The world record for Internet traffic to the Time Magazine message board could have been blown to bits. Imagine the advertising rates.

WrathfulDwarf
The new Czar gets the award?

Back to the cold war you shall go.

Schecter
kgb agent who has his harshest critics murdered. awesome!

Robtard
Originally posted by Kram3r
Time's person of the year are stupid. Goes to show when they list Hitler and "you" as winners of this "prestigious" award.

Times "Person Of The Year" isn't about who's the best or nicest, it's who has had an impact on the world, it isn't really a prestigious award, nor does it try to come off as one.

anaconda
Putin man of the year, yeah time way to go, guess we wont have a build down of our military forces here after all then

BigRed
A ****ing joke.

Robtard
I think people are reading WAY too much into this... Time is just a magazine, sure a huge one, but still just a magazine. They even made the statement "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year." when choosing that person, it's not an award, in the way you think a traditional award is.

inimalist
Putin deserves man of the year way more than Gore deserves the Peace Prize

much like this award, Alberto Gonzales was recently named "laywer of the year" simply because of all of the scandals he was involved in.

Like it or not, Putin, and his grip on Russia, is one of, if no the, most important player in geo-politics right now. The Russia-Iran connection harkens right back to the cold war.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
I think people are reading WAY too much into this... Time is just a magazine, sure a huge one, but still just a magazine. They even made the statement "for better or for worse, ...has done the most to influence the events of the year." when choosing that person, it's not an award, in the way you think a traditional award is. A pretty shitty magazine, too.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
A pretty shitty magazine, too.

Yeah, but the guy who religiously reads 'Meine Freundin Sagt Mir Alles', shouldn't be judging.

Bardock42
Yeah, but the guy who religiously reads 'Meine Freundin Sagt Mir Alles', shouldn't be judging.

I never said I have good taste. I can just call shit when I see it.

lil bitchiness
Долгосрочной службы Россия!
Я люблю Владимира Путина. <3

Vladimir Putin is the best thing to happen to Russia since...ever.
Russia NEVER had a better leader.

Широка страна моя родная,
Много в ней лесов, полей и рек!!
Я другой такой страны не знаю,
Где так вольно дышит человек.

tabby999
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Al Gore's the runner up. I thought he'd be first. Never thought it'd be Putin though.

Haven't heard anything from him this year beside Russia banning that Harry Potter movie with the magical Elf in it Soviet Forces said was made to purposefully and look like Putin. Was that this year? If not then that was the last I really heard of him.

Anyway I always like knowing who it is every year for entertainment purposes mostly.

Yeah and in the 30's Hitler was man of the year one year. Just because you didn't follow what he's been doing dosn't mean he didn't do anything. And i'd rather see Putin as person of the year (or Hitler again for that matter) than Al friggin Gore

chillmeistergen

That's all you know of Putin?

tabby999
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
That's all you know of Putin?

Yeah, the crackers must have been deigning him papers and news because of his race or something.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, anyone who is not America's lapdog is second Hitler.

Strangelove
Time's person of the year are stupid. Goes to show when they list Hitler and "you" as winners of this "prestigious" award. Well, the idea behind the "award" is just to recognize the person who dominates the news the most. I'm not sure Putin would be my choice, but there's a reason. Who else but Hitler would have been your choice in '38?

Kram3r
Times "Person Of The Year" isn't about who's the best or nicest, it's who has had an impact on the world, it isn't really a prestigious award, nor does it try to come off as one.

Then I suppose I stand corrected on the suitability of the "award" and in the manner it presents itself.

Originally posted by Strangelove
Well, the idea behind the "award" is just to recognize the person who dominates the news the most. I'm not sure Putin would be my choice, but there's a reason. Who else but Hitler would have been your choice in '38?

Pretty much what I said above. srug

Strangelove
Pretty much what I said above. srug Rock on

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by tabby999
Yeah and in the 30's Hitler was man of the year one year. Just because you didn't follow what he's been doing dosn't mean he didn't do anything. And i'd rather see Putin as person of the year (or Hitler again for that matter) than Al friggin Gore

I'm sure Putin has done alot being the leader of probably the largest country in the East. Never denied it.

All i said is i didn't expect it. Did you take take as my downgrading him?

And what wrong with Gore. Sure he's as left as they come but i give him credit for positively utilizing the influence he has to raise awareness in what he believes is a huge problem of immense proportions.

That he thought about the entire planet's sake rather than just the interest of his own country/region only (like Putin might), -nothing wrong with that- made me think Al should've been TIME's person.

Putin may've had a national influence but Al Gore's had a Global one.

inimalist

Al Gore is much less important internationally than Putin.

Wålshy
Putin cant be that great internationally, i have not heard of his name unitl now

inimalist

Shakyamunison

lil bitchiness

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
He wants to kill all the Western babiez! ZOMG!

Really? eek!

Wålshy
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
eek! laughing

dontgetit whats funny?

Wålshy
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
He wants to kill all the Western babiez! ZOMG!

dont misslead vunerable teens!

ill ban your ass

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by inimalist
Al Gore is much less important internationally than Putin.

Maybe so and not to discredit Putin's leadership but Al Gore's cause is much more worthy and more important than whatever Putin's doing or causing in/around Moscow and/or the region.

Bardock42
Maybe so and not to discredit Putin's leadership but Al Gore's cause is much more worthy and more important than whatever Putin's doing or causing in/around Moscow and/or the region.

Crazy.

inimalist

interesting...

Shakyamunison

Bardock42
You didn't know who Putin was. I am a person who doesn't keep up on things, and I know who Putin is.

I did not mean any insult. I'm just happy to find that I'm not the only one around with a life. wink

Dadudemon, he just equated finding someone that doesn't know who Putin is with finding someone that has a "life" (social one I assume). Wouldn't you agree that is rather foolish and senseless?

Shakyamunison
I don't think you have a point.

dadudemon
Dadudemon, he just equated finding someone that doesn't know who Putin is with finding someone that has a "life" (social one I assume). Wouldn't you agree that is rather foolish and senseless?

Yes...I will admit that...it is an illogical/backwards conlusion...

I don't like to justify backwards and illogical conclusions...so I will let him explain his reasoning with that...but I really don't think he is a douche bag idiot....he makes intelligent posts too.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes...I will admit that...it is an illogical/backwards conlusion...

I don't like to justify backwards and illogical conclusions...so I will let him explain his reasoning with that...but I really don't think he is a douche bag idiot....he makes intelligent posts too. I'd be delighted to read one of those one day. Also, I didn't say he was a douche bag.

Robtard
I don't think you have a point.

I heard if you hold your breath and cover your ears while stomping your feet on the ground, it makes Bardock go away/you get your way.

Shakyamunison
I heard if you hold your breath and cover your ears while stomping your feet on the ground, it makes Bardock go away/you get your way.

laughing I've already tried that. sad laughing

Bardock42
laughing I've already tried that. sad laughing I think he was making fun of you.

Just a thought.

Shakyamunison
confused

Bardock42
confused Stop trolling, please.

Shakyamunison
Stop trolling, please.

laughing Stop quoting my posts.

Bardock42
laughing Stop quoting my posts. No.

dadudemon
I'd be delighted to read one of those one day. Also, I didn't say he was a douche bag.

1. I see what you did there.

2. and that's why it wasn't in quotes...because you didn't say/post it...but you got the point...which I knew you would...and I knew who I was addressing when I typed that...I originally put it in quotes to indicate that it wasn't really what I meant but rather, the idea you are conveying of him...but I realized how much of a "hair splitter" you are and removed the quotes to convey that same idea...hoping that you would take the bait so I could point out that there was no quotes...so I could type this...seriously.

Bardock42

2. and that's why it wasn't in quotes...because you didn't say/post it...but you got the point...which I knew you would...and I knew who I was addressing when I typed that...I originally put it in quotes to indicate that it wasn't really what I meant but rather, the idea you are conveying of him...but I realized how much of a "hair splitter" you are and removed the quotes to convey that same idea...hoping that you would take the bait so I could point out that there was no quotes...so I could type this...seriously.

1. Thanks.

2. Good for you, just clarifying for the reader that happens to not be you and know your twisted mind, that I didn't say he was a douche.

Shakyamunison

laughing Really? laughing

dadudemon
1. Thanks.

2. Good for you, just clarifying for the reader that happens to not be you and know your twisted mind, that I didn't say he was a douche.

1. Your welcome...hey wait a minute! mad

2. aaaannddd...you don't think that I wasn't thinking of that when I removed the quotes?...but really, it is pointless to argue about as my previous post has addressed my actual (and not underlying) intentions.

You may not think so but I was very complimented by you calling it "your twisted mind". I honestly felt very complimented about that because it came from you.

laughing Really? laughing

Yes really...I do that some times and I probably shouldn't because it is a form of trolling...

Bardock42
1. Your welcome...hey wait a minute! mad

2. aaaannddd...you don't think that I wasn't thinking of that when I removed the quotes?...but really, it is pointless to argue about as my previous post has addressed my actual (and not underlying) intentions.

You may not think so but I was very complimented by you calling it "your twisted mind". I honestly felt very complimented about that because it came from you.

2. No, you might have been, I don't know. I am just saying that whether you did or didn't is not important to my point, since I was pointing out I didn't say that and your post certainly might make people think I did.

And you are welcome in that case. It wasn't meant as insult anyways, in case you thought it was.

tabby999
I'm sure Putin has done alot being the leader of probably the largest country in the East. Never denied it.

All i said is i didn't expect it. Did you take take as my downgrading him?

I didn't say you did downgrade him, I said just because you dont know his impact dosn't mean he didn't have one.

And what wrong with Gore. Sure he's as left as they come but i give him credit for positively utilizing the influence he has to raise awareness in what he believes is a huge problem of immense proportions.

That he thought about the entire planet's sake rather than just the interest of his own country/region only (like Putin might), -nothing wrong with that- made me think Al should've been TIME's person.

And all Al Gore has done is speculate over maybes. As left as they come yes, but just because "he believes its a huge problem" dosn't mean it is, it means he believes it is. He's done nothing but draw attention on himself while pumping huge levels of the "deadly"carbon dioxide from his house then justifies it by buying "carbon credits." He's just using the green movement to get attention.

What, the president of Russia didn't have a global impact? Do you listen to yourself? Just because Al Gore made a movie that went around the world dosn't mean he did something worth "Person of the Year." Why not Ewe Boll next year?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.