Dead Space

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

Neo Darkhalen
This looks good, but why does the guy walk as if he is a member of the undead.

Smasandian
I think the trailer shows that he/she is injured.

Impediment
Dead Space was featured on the cover of Game Informer a few months ago, and it mentioned that portions of the game are played in zero gravity. More than likely, some kind of magnetic boots are used to stay attached to your walking surface, is my best guess, and you have a gait that, as you said, makes you walk like the undead. That, or he is injured. ermmsrug

Impediment
You know, I just realized something:

The protagonist is named Isaac Clark. This could be some kind of nod to notable sci-fi authors Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clark.

@st
Trailer looks pretty good, but im a little gunshy when it comes to anything EA(unless its developed by someone else like Burnout).

Impediment
Why're you ify about EA?

Smasandian
EA isnt bad.

They get alot of slack from people because its EA, but I rather have an EA game than some other developers game because atleast EA quality tests thier shit. (Speaking about PC EA)

A game like STALKER, which is an THQ product is buggy as hell and unplayable on my machine and has huge requirements for graphics that are a tad bit better than Doom 3 and Half Life 2. If it was EA who was publishing it, alot of those bugs would of been fixed.

They have been better than they have been. Dead Space looks very interesting.

Impediment
I'm really pumped to play this game.

It's like they took the dark, foggy, flashlight illuminated atmosphere of Silent Hill, and combined it with the classic Resident Evil action.

Looks very intense.

@st
Originally posted by Impediment
Why're you ify about EA?

For the biggest third party, they seem to make nothing other than average games, minus a few exceptions such as Burout. But most of all their sports games have pissed me off this entire generation, they are garbage, except for hockey from what I hear, but I dont care about hockey.

Smasandian
Madden is very good right now.

I cant think off the top of my head, but EA does have good games. Just as much as others.

InnerRise
Yeah....Marvel Nemesis. uhuh

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Neo Darkhalen
Why're you ify about EA?

They did good with Harry Potter 2, the only game I played or liked.

Even though they did not have a clue what was going on they still supported Time Splitters Future perfect, so because of that they are alright in my view.

Marvel Nemesis, what a frustrating game.

@st
Originally posted by Smasandian
Madden is very good right now.

Ive noticed we differ on that, but whatever floats your boat. stick out tongue

IF this game continues to look good, ill check it out.

General Kaliero
This seems very much like something I remember seeing a long, long time ago. The suit looks very familiar.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I've been growing a bit fonder of shooters recently, and Dead Space is making me think "RE4... in SPACE!"

Smasandian
Pretty much.

I see it as RE:Event Horizon.

The setting though, I dont think has been really done before in videogame form. In movies, its pretty much an seperate genre now but I dont think there is a game out there like Dead Space. I could be wrong though.

Violent2Dope
Looks good. It reminds me of RE: 4.

Morridini
Looked interesting, but a bit too dark for my taste I think, when we finally get a horror game/movie set in a sunny meadow filled with flowers then I am satisfied, sick of always having to run around in the dark.

kodak
why do i smell crap'tastic movie?

it looks good.

@st
Originally posted by Morridini
Looked interesting, but a bit too dark for my taste I think, when we finally get a horror game/movie set in a sunny meadow filled with flowers then I am satisfied, sick of always having to run around in the dark.

Everything we seen from RE5 is in the sun. stick out tongue

Morridini
Not like we have seen a lot though...

Smasandian

Because thats not really scary.

General Kaliero
Come now, most gamers are terrified of sunlight! eek!

Smasandian
Hahahaha.....maybe that might be scary......hahahah.....RE6 should be Leon again with flowers, and barbies...that would be a terrifying sight.

Morridini
But if they managed to make it scary in a sunny meadow then that would truly be an achievement.

SaTsuJiN
you cant really scare people chuggin at 15 frames a second

hope they fix that

Impediment
New Dead Space gameplay video. It looks amazing. I cant wait for this game.

4DmsDICPnjg

Smasandian
This is one game I've been looking forward to during the fall.

Rental though.

Nemesis X
This game makes me feel scared and excited at the same time. I'm gonna have to get this game on Christmas because I'm too busy trying to get Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2.

Impediment
One thing that I noticed is that there's not a HUD. It might make for a more tense experience, if you ask me.

Smasandian
Yep.

Its going to be one freaky game.

Neo Darkhalen
somehow it did not excite me.

Nemesis X
The monsters look like they're rip offs of the Flood from the Halo series laughing out loud

This game is gonna be awesome. It's like RE4 but probably better.

Raijin
That gameplay trailer was sweet, really looking forward to this game.
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The monsters look like they're rip offs of the Flood from the Halo series laughing out loud

This game is gonna be awesome. It's like RE4 but probably better.
The only resemblence between the two I saw was that they're both horribly mutated, but the flood on the other hand look more mushroomy and are a lot more fragile and boring. And Bungie didn't invent suicide bombers.

Mairuzu
It looks pretty interesting

Impediment
Here's another interesting clip I found:

RiSdEmGBbwk

Nemesis X
I think there are other games more scary than Dead Space.

xNIXSONx
i think Dead Space looks rly interesting, especially the sci fi+horror, except i think i might wait and get RE5 since that is supposedly gonna be really scary + co op should be fun.

from all the gameplay footage of Dead Space, its just like, shooting these things non stop, haven't seen anything else from the footage besides, shooting these creatures. Where as RE5, there is co-op partner/AI stuff, utilizing the environment, stuff like that.

Smasandian
I was watching the 1up show and they had three guys talk about this game and two of them thought it was interesting and really good, while the other one was talking about how there isnt any gimmick.

Why the **** does everybody need a gimmick in there game.

xNIXSONx
I was watching the 1up show and they had three guys talk about this game and two of them thought it was interesting and really good, while the other one was talking about how there isnt any gimmick.

Why the **** does everybody need a gimmick in there game.

Dead Space gimmick could be the strategic dismembermant or whatever it was, not just shooting those things in the head, but shooting/removing their limbs, strategically. I think that makes Dead Space sort of stand out from the lot, although, gimmicks are like...just used to make things sound better than they actually are, stragetic dismemberment might be it...

oh and the no pausing when doing inventory (originally the game was to have no pause option at all)

Smasandian
Well, not pausing while in inventory is hardly something new.

I dont think there is any gimmicks at all. It doesnt need one. Its going to scare the shit out of people.

xNIXSONx
Well, not pausing while in inventory is hardly something new.

I dont think there is any gimmicks at all. It doesnt need one. Its going to scare the shit out of people.

yeah gimmicks are not really a good thing, but depending on how the strategic dismembering thing plays out...thatll determine if it is really a gimmick or something unique within the "infested sh*t u kill that u dont just shoot in the head but limbs"

Smasandian
Meh, I dont really think its really a gimmick.

Morridini
Nice preview from GT: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40172.html

I got to try the game and look at a lot of gameplay two days ago, and what I saw then impressed me. I had more or less forgotten about this game, but now I'll keep an eye on it.

Phat J
yeah ive been following this game for awhile, the first trailer it had on xbl like months and months ago.

when is it actually scheduled to come out?

Smasandian
Oct 14

Nemesis X
Is this game gonna have boss battles?

Smasandian
I assume so.

There will be quicktime events, but not like quicktime events.

For example, a tentacle grabs your leg, in RE4, you would have to hit a few buttons, but in this game, its more of scripted event on where you need to shoot the tentacle off with your dismemberment gun.

General Kaliero
I assume so.

There will be quicktime events, but not like quicktime events.

For example, a tentacle grabs your leg, in RE4, you would have to hit a few buttons, but in this game, its more of scripted event on where you need to shoot the tentacle off with your dismemberment gun.
...There is a gun exclusively for dismembering?

Nemesis X
Is Isaac going to be one of those caharcters again where we don't know what his face looks like? This is Halo all over again.

Kazenji
Anyone heard about that Dead Space animated movie which will serve as a prequal to the game ?

Morridini
Is Isaac going to be one of those caharcters again where we don't know what his face looks like? This is Halo all over again.

No we see his face in the opening of the game.

Neo Darkhalen
While the game will offer nothing new, i'm hoping that it will at least offer an engaging story and provide us with fun gameplay.

Smasandian
Originally posted by General Kaliero
...There is a gun exclusively for dismembering?

Yep. Or I think so.

From the look of it, its pretty much there to dismember them. I think the enemies only die relatively easy is from dismemberment.

Dark-Jaxx
Yep. Or I think so.

From the look of it, its pretty much there to dismember them. I think the enemies only die relatively easy is from dismemberment. That's awesome. no expression

Impediment
The weapons in the game are not technically weapons at all. In keeping with Isaac's profession as an engineer rather than a soldier, weapons in the game are mostly improvised, and consist of an array of bolt cutters, stasis fields and rudimentary energy weapons.

Smasandian
Well they are technically weapons. You use them to injure people.

But as you say, they are not designed to be used as weapons.

Phat J
its like grabbing a hammer to whack somebody but instead you're grabbing a crazy space tool.

Nemesis X
I wonder how silly it would be if EA changed the title from "Dead Space" to "Aliens vs. a Construction worker" lol

Icy Ninja
I want this game so bad so far the reviews I've seen are good.
Xbox World 360 gave it a 91% and Play Station World gave it a 9/10 saying that it is the "worlds scariest game" and "its the new benchmark to beat in survival/horror that pushes the genre to twisted new heights and into the outer limits of space itself.".

Impediment
I downloaded the Obsidian suit from the PSN last night. What it does, I don't know. I'll find out soon enough.

Icy Ninja
IGN gave this game an 8.7 I really want this game now, it's the first time in awhile that I've agreed with or have been happy with their reviews

Nemesis X
The song EA used for the Dead Space commercial was kinda gay. Twinkle twinkle little star are they serious? They should just call it Dead Space--For Kids, or Hey Kids It's Dead Space.

General Kaliero
The song EA used for the Dead Space commercial was kinda gay. Twinkle twinkle little star are they serious? They should just call it Dead Space--For Kids, or Hey Kids It's Dead Space.
My guess would be it was used so that the juxtaposition would create psychological unrest, as a large element of the game is messing with your mind...

Smasandian
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
IGN gave this game an 8.7 I really want this game now, it's the first time in awhile that I've agreed with or have been happy with their reviews

How can you agree with the reviews when you havnt played a demo, or the game yet?

Phat J
so the 14th for this game? it looks like a rental to me. beat it in a week and never play it again sort of game. i have a lot of those that i bought and im thinking about renting more.

BackFire
I've developed some interest in this game after reading some of the reviews and watching some gameplay movies.

Gamepro really liked it -- http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/207445/dead-space-360/

Hopefully they release a demo for it soon.

jalek moye
well it comes out tuesday, i'm gonna rent it

Smasandian
I heard it was roughly 12 hours or more of gameplay, and I tend to play games pretty slow so I'm on the fence about buying it or not. I love sci fi games and horror games, but I hate wasting 60 bucks on a game that I might only play once.

But I dont think I will have enough time in a week to plough through it, so I might buy it.

I really think that it would be advantageous to release a demo before the release date.

Morridini
Nice seeing it getting good reviews. I've liked what I've seen so far, and liked what little of the game I have played (was a stand at a sci-fi convention where I got to play a 10 min), so I think I'll buy it.

It just got 9/10 from GameSpot, and according to a banner at GS, a demo is due today.

Icy Ninja
How can you agree with the reviews when you havnt played a demo, or the game yet?
Well I guess I should have said I felt the rating was justified by what they said in the review good reasons why the game is good and decent explanations for how the game isn't perfect and maybe a little bit of happiness that they gave a game I was looking forward to a good rating witch they haven't done in while lol

Smasandian
Ok.

ragesRemorse
Has anyone seen the movie, downfall? that looks pretty good.

Morridini
Never heard of, and what's that to do with Dead Space?

ragesRemorse
I'm not sure. I'm assuming it's a prequel to the game or at the very least a tie in

jaen6NffcLk

Morridini
Very interesting.

Dr. Prick
Tough titty said the kitty but the milk's still good. devil

Phat J
what the ****?

FistOfThe North
I'm watching a "Dead Space" SciFi channel special talking about the game.

I dunno, it looks like it could be fun game to play. It also looks like a "Doom 3" ripoff..

meh. I'll wait for "Fallout 3"

Smasandian
What????

A Doom 3 ripoff? Because it involves dark hallways?

Nemesis X
Doom 3 rip off? That's insultin dude. Not cool.

Morridini
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'm watching a "Dead Space" SciFi channel special talking about the game.

I dunno, it looks like it could be fun game to play. It also looks like a "Doom 3" ripoff..

meh. I'll wait for "Fallout 3"

How is it anything like Doom 3?

FistOfThe North

FistOfThe North
Doom 3 rip off? That's insultin dude. Not cool.

How is that an insult?

"Doom 3" was a great game, imo, and it's on my top ten list of the best 1st person shooters i've ever played. (for the pc)

"Saints' Row" is an obvious "GTA" rip off, yet it's still a great game.

Now is it insulting to call "Saints' Row" a "GTA" rip off? No. It's not.

I could see if "GTA sucked", then.

But it should only be an insult if the game being copied sucks. And i'm assuming you think "Doom 3" sucks. -not that there should be any excuse for a game to copy another game- (appearance-wise, in this case)

FistOfThe North
How is it anything like Doom 3?

You mean how does it even look like Doom 3?, which is what i wrote?

Read my recent post to Smasandian, that's how "Dead Space" seems to me based on what i've seen via trailers, that tv show, what the producers were saying, and what i've read in gameinformer when the game was on it's cover a while back.

But maybe it plays differently. Hope so.

Morridini
Ah sorry mate, guess I read a bit too fast. Ye sit might at first look like Doom 3 in the art-style. but that's where it ends. this is a TPS, Doom is an FPS for instance.

ragesRemorse
Who cares if it's heavily inspired by another game? All games rip off movie's, books and other games. As long as it's fun does anything else matter?

Nemesis X
Guess it shouldn't matter. Even if Dead Space was inspired by Doom 3, it still looks awesome. Sadly, I won't be gettin the game until next week on Friday.

I saw more of Dead Space on Sci vs. Fi last night and what I found messed up was infants inside these canisters and I couldn't even tell if they were alive or dead. WTF was that all about? You see the adults being ripped from shreds and that's cool (in videogames I mean) but when you see dead babies, the game's just f***** up. sick

Impediment
I can't buy this game until next month. I'm behind on bills. 131wank

Smasandian
Picked it up.

Basically played through about 3-4 hours of it already. Very similar to RE4, but with an Event Horizon, Aliens vibe. Pretty freaky I must say, and somewhat tough. I've died a few times but multiple encounters leave me barely breathing.

Graphics are amazing artistically and technology wise. The necromorphs are vile and the lighting effects are a sight to behold. Very good job EA. Sound is equally as brilliant. Constant noises, blood curdling screams, sound of blood is freaky and the sound of you breathing heavily is kinda of intense. Easily one of the better games this year.

Nemesis X
Was the first level mostly just walkin around, hearing creepy noises and then you fight a few Necromorphs and then head to the next level?

Smasandian
Nah, there is quite a few enemies in the first. You just dont get them alot at the same time like in the later levels.

This game probably has one of the best enemy introductions ever.

Nemesis X
So is the game mostly on horror or action?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Who cares if it's heavily inspired by another game? All games rip off movie's, books and other games. As long as it's fun does anything else matter?

That's wrote initially. That it may be fun to play. It's supose to be the most suspensful or scariest game out, the graphics are tight, the critics mostly like it and reviewes on avarage are giving it 8's, 9.5's all across the board.

I'd like to play a demo at least, cause if it's even remotely like Doom3 or RE it's like no way cause i've been there done that. The game wholly just doesn't seem innovative to me.

And i'm starting to feel the same way about Fallout 3, too.

ragesRemorse
That's wrote initially. That it may be fun to play. It's supose to be the most suspensful or scariest game out, the graphics are tight, the critics mostly like it and reviewes on avarage are giving it 8's, 9.5's all across the board.

I'd like to play a demo at least, cause if it's even remotely like Doom3 or RE it's like no way cause i've been there done that. The game wholly just doesn't seem innovative to me.

And i'm starting to feel the same way about Fallout 3, too.

cool, i got ya now.

I'm curious though, how many games are ever truly innovative? Most games tend to be recycled formula's and control schemes but with a different face and scenario...,kind of like movie's. I don't know what kind of gamer you are. Maybe you are a high standards gamer that only plays the select few 9's or 9.5's. If so, that's totally cool and i can dig it. I go through that phase every now and again. I'm not trying to defend this game or even argue with you, im just curious why you would decide to not play a game simply because it lacks innovation. Innovation isn't realized very often in the gaming world anymore. I would understand if you said you have become over saturated with sci-fi themes or just plain don't like that genre...,is that what it is?

Smasandian
Why does every game have to be innovating?

Its a quality title. Graphics, sound, atmosphere are top notch. Action is pretty strategic and the enemy types are freaky.

Nemesis X
Anyone know when Dead Space: Downfall will come out?

FistOfThe North

Smasandian
Well, its your lost. Dead Space is awesome.

FistOfThe North
Well, its your lost. Dead Space is awesome.

Nah. I don't think i'm losing out on anything, actully, cause it all looks too familiar, imo. Which is why i'm not getting it.

But have fun with it.

Smasandian
I guess you only play what? 2 games every year?

Or is it 1 game every year?

FistOfThe North
w/e

Look im not saying DS sucks. To me it looks like fun, in the way D3 was, it's just I pass.

Like if a friend had it i'd play it for for sure. But to pay $6o for it? nah.

Nemesis X
I rented Dead Space today and it's friggin awesome! The blood and gore is intense.

FistOfTheNorth, DS is not like D3. I've played D3 and that game nearly made me jump off my chair. Dead Space is scary but not as scary as D3.

Impediment
w/e

Look im not saying DS sucks. To me it looks like fun, in the way D3 was, it's just I pass.

Said the kid who has yet to even play the game.............

Smasandian
w/e

I give you that it looks like Doom 3 in its level design (even though Dead Space is much better at it).

But it definitly does not play like Doom 3 at all. Not even close. Cutting off the limbs of enemies instead of just shooting them in the head is intense.

General Kaliero
Well, I must say, in my opinion Dead Space is well worth the $60. I can see every influence from other games I've played, but at the end of the day Dead Space just works because it brings everything together so well.

I'd never call it survival horror, though. More like action/horror. Especially as I've never been in danger of having no ammo and usually find myself carrying too much of it. Much like Resident Evil 4.

Smasandian
Really?

I would totally call it survival horror because I always fearful when enemies attack because they could potentially take a huge amount of hits. Getting attacked by three of them was totally a fight for survival.

General Kaliero
Really?

I would totally call it survival horror because I always fearful when enemies attack because they could potentially take a huge amount of hits. Getting attacked by three of them was totally a fight for survival.
Three hits on the basic 'morphs. Two shots to sever a leg, one to sever a claw.

Two on crawling 'morphs. One shot to each arm. Occasionally one will survive that, but it's extremely easy to just run over and literally stomp their heads in.

The tentacle babies seem to die in 3-4 shots to the main body. Simple.

The batlike ones I'm not sure how many shots, but they presented no difficulty at all.

All of this is with an untouched Plasma Cutter, the free basic tool you pick up first.

In fact, the most damage I've taken in this game was from a swarm of the tiny latching 'morphs, because they're fast and hard to hit.

If you're overwhelmed by the number of enemies (never seen more than four at once, myself), throw stasis on a couple and kill the others, then kill the stasis'd ones.

I've never been worried about dying in this game, and I'm almost exactly three hours in. It's an action game with the creepiest environment I've ever seen and some great scare moments, but it doesn't seem like survival is the goal any more than survival is a goal in any video game.

Nemesis X
It seriously annoys me that whenever I walk around in a dark hallway, I keep hearing a wrench drop on the floor and I can't seem to find the source. Does anyone else get irritated by that as well?

Kento
Never noticed. I'm to busy listening to the disembodied voices.

Smasandian
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Three hits on the basic 'morphs. Two shots to sever a leg, one to sever a claw.

Two on crawling 'morphs. One shot to each arm. Occasionally one will survive that, but it's extremely easy to just run over and literally stomp their heads in.

The tentacle babies seem to die in 3-4 shots to the main body. Simple.

The batlike ones I'm not sure how many shots, but they presented no difficulty at all.

All of this is with an untouched Plasma Cutter, the free basic tool you pick up first.

In fact, the most damage I've taken in this game was from a swarm of the tiny latching 'morphs, because they're fast and hard to hit.

If you're overwhelmed by the number of enemies (never seen more than four at once, myself), throw stasis on a couple and kill the others, then kill the stasis'd ones.

I've never been worried about dying in this game, and I'm almost exactly three hours in. It's an action game with the creepiest environment I've ever seen and some great scare moments, but it doesn't seem like survival is the goal any more than survival is a goal in any video game.

Maybe your just good at it, but the enemies when they came out from 5 directions are tough to kill.

In the end, action horror, survival horror are roughly the same thing. It depends on how good your are but it seems like the developers tried to nail down the survival part of it considering the whole point of the game is trying to get the ship back up to save your little team you have. I have a tough time killing them. There are times when I just start shooting hoping I would kill them.

Raijin
Just beat the game on Normal. Loved every minute of this game. The difficulty just isn't there the first 2 hours but around the last few chapters things seriously heat up.
I really love the controls, they feel so Resident evil 4-esque and athmosphere has a distinct Metroid prime feel about it. I also spended a lot of time upgrading my gear and after you've upgraded a weapon to max they change somewhat, like the Plasma cutter, it sounds so much more powerful and the flamethrower spews blue fire.
I'm not gonna spoil the ending but eh, the final boss was a pushover.
And of course, after you beat the game you unlock some bonuses.

Overall, definitely one of the better singleplayer games I've played lately.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Raijin
Just beat the game on Normal. Loved every minute of this game. The difficulty just isn't there the first 2 hours but around the last few chapters things seriously heat up.
I really love the controls, they feel so Resident evil 4-esque and athmosphere has a distinct Metroid prime feel about it. I also spended a lot of time upgrading my gear and after you've upgraded a weapon to max they change somewhat, like the Plasma cutter, it sounds so much more powerful and the flamethrower spews blue fire.
I'm not gonna spoil the ending but eh, the final boss was a pushover.
And of course, after you beat the game you unlock some bonuses.

Overall, definitely one of the better singleplayer games I've played lately.

tbh i never expected the hive mind i believe? to be hard, lets be honest with the exception of Megaman 9 how many hard final bosses are there in games nowadays?

Raijin
Lol well I did, I don't think I've ever fought a boss that huge. Maybe it's more difficult on Hard or Impossible. I agree with you, there are very few final bosses worth mentioning.

*Off to play through the game on the hardest difficulty*.

Neo Darkhalen
good luck man. smile

Menetnashté
I'm on Chapter three. Haven't played a survival horror in years. Not very impressed with this one either erm hopefully it'll get better. Right now I just feel like there's too much repetition.

Smasandian
I hate to say it but most of survival horrors is repetition.

RE4 had you constantly killing people, solve a few puzzles and then boss fight. Its not a bad thing but thats the thing about survivial horror games.

The game gets alot more intense later on in the game. Without giving it away, when you hit the med labs, its crazy.

Its gets alot harder too because you constantly have to kill enemies, but their always a mixed group of them.

I thought it was interesting all the way through the game. It ended exactly the right time. Just near the time where I was starting to get a bit bored.

Menetnashté
I hate to say it but most of survival horrors is repetition.

RE4 had you constantly killing people, solve a few puzzles and then boss fight. Its not a bad thing but thats the thing about survivial horror games.

The game gets alot more intense later on in the game. Without giving it away, when you hit the med labs, its crazy.

Its gets alot harder too because you constantly have to kill enemies, but their always a mixed group of them.

I thought it was interesting all the way through the game. It ended exactly the right time. Just near the time where I was starting to get a bit bored.
Yeah. The only ones I ever really played were Silent Hill and I loved them. But then again it's been years since I played them. Besides the horror element was somewhat lost for me after awhile. At first I was like "Oh Crap! I'm not leaving this elevator!" but now I'm just going through them. I dunno guess I was just expecting more.

Smasandian
Like most horror games, its really hard to keep up the scares for a whole 12 hours.

I was the same. For the first bit of the game, I was freaked out with every sound, but after awhile, the enemies didnt really freak me out.

But wait until you get 10 enemies coming at you with 1 ability to blow up, another to shoot annoying little facehugger like creatures, another super ****ing fast one, a more harder regular enemy, enemies that can shoot projectiles and ones that create enemies. Its pretty freaky after awhile because they sometimes just keep on coming.

But whats cool about this game is that the action is pretty damn satisfying to take away the feeling that the scares are gone. Its a pretty fun game to actually play and when you add the atmosphere, the surpringsly good story (if a tad bit cliche) and excellent enemies, it would of been boring.

Impediment
Just bought this today for PS3. I plan to complete the game this weekend, come Hell or high water.

Impediment
I just beat the game on easy mode last night. I'm really mad about how ridiculously easy the final boss was. Then again, it was on easy mode. The game itself is completely engrossing, and the back story is very, very complex. The animated movie, Dead Space: Downfall, showed a lot of insight to the story. I give this game a generous 8.5. For wjat it lacks in originality, it more than makes up for with visuals, story, and gory combat fun.

I'll start another game this week on medium and see how it, hopefully, turns out to be more of a challenge.

Neo Darkhalen
I just beat the game on easy mode last night. I'm really mad about how ridiculously easy the final boss was.

Nothing new to games of today Imp, but overall do you think it's good enough to play through more then once, straight after finishing it on easy mode and going for something harder?

Impediment
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Nothing new to games of today Imp, but overall do you think it's good enough to play through more then once, straight after finishing it on easy mode and going for something harder?

Definitely, I say. I assume that the game will be more of a challenge on harder modes, in that the Necros will be more plentiful, and the damage will be more significant.

Burning thought
ok so whats everyones fave weapons?

Atm at Chapter 6 mine is the line gun simply because its got such a wide area and can take a pair of legs off in one shot (two on larger beasties) although the contact beam with its enormous one shot damage is creeping up as the monsters are getting tougher to defeat

further whats your fave or perhaps even better, most hated enemy?

ive got up to the Regenerative big dude, damn hard, damn creepy, love him but also hate him due to his attirubtes although i certainly dont like the fat beasts stuck on the walls who project those sacks from their stomachs that shoot darts, their a pain and their howls of pain makes my skin crawl

Smasandian
The plasma cutter and the guys on the walls.

S_D_J
plasma cutter by default

I find the babies really creepy

Smasandian
Yeah, the babies were creepy and annoying to kill.

Burning thought
yh, especially in large numbers, surprised the plasma cutter is everyones fave, I think its useful due to huge amount of ammo there is always for it and ofc very upgradable but its a bit basic to be my fave

Neo Darkhalen
Plasma cutter, it's the only gun I've used so far, and it will be the only one I use.

Smasandian
I think ammo in this game depends on what gun you use. If you dont use the plasma cutter, then whatever gun you have, there will be ammo for it.

I also used the flame thrower for smaller enemies like the ones that grab you and you have the shake them off.

Burning thought
Why neo? unless ofc your going after an Achievement diffrent guns are useful for diffrent purposes, cutting up variation from the beginning may give you a less interesting play through or a more difficult one, i mean those little buggers are a waste of ammo for anything other than the flamethrower.

personally i like the line gun for just ripping through crowds of opponents legs....its a lot of fun, and the contact beam just for a "haha you should have stayed in that vent!" moment.

Impediment
Bump.

I recently began playing Dead Space on my PS3 after having not played for almost an entire year.

I only just finished Impossible Mode tonight. I must say, Impossible Mode is quite the challenge. I can't even count how many times I died throughout the course of the campaign. Once I upgraded my weapons, rig, stasis module, and TK unit, the game, somewhat, became easier. The Hive Mind was exceptionally hard, also. I died nearly 10 times before I figured out a solid pattern which, by the way, greatly differs from easier modes. The "Level 3 Tier Engineer" trophy was a pleasant reward for a trophy whore like myself.

Now, I have several other trophies to obtain before I win the coveted Platinum "Concordance Officer" trophy.

Maxed Out: Upgrade all weapons and equipment
Brawler: Kill at least 30 enemies with a melee attack
Full Contact: Kill 30 enemies with the Contact Beam
Live With The Hot Ones: Kill 30 enemies with the Flamethrower
Don't get cocky, kid: Survive the ADS Canon with over 50% Shield strength remaining
Slugger: Kill the Slug Boss with more than 50% Shield strength remaining

With the exception of the final two trophies, which require over 50% shield strength, this will be a breeze. I may, however, have to start over in Easy Mode to win the last two trophies. On Impossible Mode, I just barely made it with enough shield strength to continue.

After I finish these goals, I plan to spend more time one my Wii playing Dead Space: Extraction.

Only 6 more months until Dead Space 2!

Arachnid1
This is backwards compatible next month!

Its in my top 10 games of all time, so I will definitely replay the hell out of this.

Smasandian
Funny, I just replayed this game earlier last month. Finished the entire series as well.

I wonder if they will ever do a Dead Space 4.

FinalAnswer
Nah, series is dead, thx EA.

And tbh, Dead Space 3 was so mediocre it's probably for the best we don't get our Alien Resurrection.

Impediment
Dead Soace 1 and 2 were amazing.

I personally didn't hate 3, but it could have been soooooo much better.

Arachnid1
I absolutely hated it. I don't think I was scared once through its entirety, which I shouldn't be able to say about a Dead Space game.

The DLC was awesome though. It bumped things back up to Dead Space 1 levels of fear and was scarier than anything in the main game or Dead Space 2.

steverules_2
Shoulda ended with game 2

Smasandian
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nah, series is dead, thx EA.

And tbh, Dead Space 3 was so mediocre it's probably for the best we don't get our Alien Resurrection.

Thanks EA for giving money to a developer to make the series and allowing them freedom???

I understand EA screwing up companies that were independent and franchises that they bought. But how could you say "Thanks EA" when the franchise you are saying they destroyed was in fact was created by them.

As for Dead Space 3, I initially loved the game. I enjoyed the freedom you get in space, the large sub-missions you can partake in and loved the idea of building my own weapons. I also enjoyed the setting itself and thought it was a great change from being in tight corridors.

However, after replaying the series in order, Dead Space 3 is definitely the weakest of the bunch and I can understand the issues. The weapon system changed the game from horror to an action game and it ruined the vibe. As well, way too much reluctance on popping out enemies. The first two games had them but the siutation were constantly changed up so it never felt overdone. In Dead Space 3, the enemies pop up way too much, way to frequent and it seems each encounter you were constantly bombarded by large numbers.

I think they could do another game as long as they don't continue the storyline from Dead Space 3 DLC. Maybe the new game takes place 20,000 years later. I think the universe is good enough to warrant another game.

Arachnid1
Funny, I just replayed this game earlier last month. Finished the entire series as well.

I wonder if they will ever do a Dead Space 4. I'm just reviving this thread to inform you all that EA shut down Visceral Games today. That's the final nail in the coffin for the Dead Space franchise.

sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by Kazenji
EA is the serial killer of game studio's.

cdtm
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm just reviving this thread to inform you all that EA shut down Visceral Games today. That's the final nail in the coffin for the Dead Space franchise.

sad

Damn it, EA.

Playing this for the first time, too. For Halloween.

Impediment
RIP, Dead Space.

1 and 2 were amazing.

3 wasn't complete dog shit, but very underwhelming, IMO.

Nemesis X
This is what happens when a publisher pushes devs out of their element. Visceral excelled in horror but made to do a heavy action oriented sequel that turned off fans, then were told to make a pointless Battlefield spin-off. They didn't deserve this. **** EA.

Impediment
Maybe we'll get a reboot.

Not holding my breath, but maybe.

FinalAnswer
Why would you want an EA controlled reboot?

Nemesis X
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/viscerals-star-wars-game-was-killed-by-the-same-problems-that-dogged-mass-effect-andromeda

Disgusting.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm just reviving this thread to inform you all that EA shut down Visceral Games today. That's the final nail in the coffin for the Dead Space franchise.

sad

Ya saw that on YouTube. Tone Loke on Downward Thrust reported it and gave his thoughts. Visceral was developing a Star Wars single-player squad-based shooter I think as well. Too bad man.

cdtm
This game is a lot more atmospheric then Dead Space 3, that's for sure.

Just like F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 3. Do they even design games like this anymore? Is it a relic of a bygone era?

Funny how having never played it, I can see a lot of the tricks though. Like, you can see them rushing you in the elevator, or figure the cramped corridor with a baddie going into a wall vent for no reason will lead to enemies behind, and enemies in front.

Basically, I just ask "Ok, how would I try and cheese a player", and I'm usually on point.

Nemesis X
Hope nobody got too attached with Titanfall because EA officially bought Respawn Entertainment today. Get your stopwatches ready. Wonder how long this one will last.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>