green lantern corps vs asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
any affiliate of the corps or asgard is included in this battle.

who wins here?

llagrok
Been done before I think.

GLC in a stomp.

Old-Wizard.com
This is a great topic.

Any affiliate? Does that mean Rune King Thor and Odin at once?

Old-Wizard.com
Anyone know any numbers of how many "gods" live in asgard?

llagrok
Quite a few, not enough.

skyfather
Originally posted by Old-Wizard.com
This is a great topic.

Any affiliate? Does that mean Rune King Thor and Odin at once?

one or the other

Mr. Slippyfist
By my count, I count:
Thor
The Warriors Three
Heimdall

Asgard wins...

Old-Wizard.com
Well, how many Guardians can Rune King thor take down is question 1. Question two is: are Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, and Thor Girl Included?

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
By my count, I count:
Thor
The Warriors Three
Heimdall

Asgard wins...

Gaea

Priest
Originally posted by llagrok
Gaea
is this the upcoming #5?

llagrok
Originally posted by Priest
is this the upcoming #5?

Oh right, current Asgard.

Old-Wizard.com
well, he said any affilate of asgard, so i assumed it wasnt just limited to its current census. i meant at its height.

123KID
all the Asgardians join their spirits with the Destroyer Armor and open a can of whoopas on the Corps

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by llagrok
Gaea If she was part of Asgard (which she's not...), she would rock ass!
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/TheOrder1-16.jpg

quanchi112
Asgard wins this all day. The destroyer would slay so many green lanterns.

llagrok
If she was part of Asgard (which she's not...), she would rock ass!

She was, back in the day

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by 123KID
all the Asgardians join their spirits with the Destroyer Armor and open a can of whoopas on the Corps

All of the corps and gaurdians and Mogo merge with the power battery and become a multiversal being.

Citizen V
GL Corps.

It would be an interesting battle to say the least.

Dick Grayson
If she was part of Asgard (which she's not...), she would rock ass!

The Earth goddess only really has power on Earth.

quanchi112
Does Surtur count for this battle?

Citizen V
No.

Why would he?

He doesn't live in Asgard, nor is he an Asgardian.

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
any affiliate of the corps or asgard is included in this battle.

who wins here? Surtur is closely tied to Asgard and their whole Ragnarok thing.

Citizen V
Tied, perhaps.

"Affiliated"? I don't think so.

Dick Grayson
Originally posted by quanchi112
Surtur is closely tied to Asgard and their whole Ragnarok thing.

The cycle of Ragnarok is broken.

Bentley
I don't think Asgards would win against all the guardians, they have not that many big guns.

TricksterPriest
And the GLC has bigger guns. Parallax, Classic Ion, the guardians, not to mention they could just do something like stopping time.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dick Grayson
The cycle of Ragnarok is broken. I know and there are only a few asgardian gods currently. Point is we are still counting Odin even though hes been out of comics. wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
And the GLC has bigger guns. Parallax, Classic Ion, the guardians, not to mention they could just do something like stopping time. Parallax and Ion havent impressed me lately. So far they didnt look anywhere near as powerful as thier first visit. They couldnt even kill the gl's. laughing out loud laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Parallax and Ion havent impressed me lately. So far they didnt look anywhere near as powerful as thier first visit. They couldnt even kill the gl's. laughing out loud laughing out loud

I can't tell if you're trying to insult Parallax/Ion or the GLC. Either way, you're a dick and you don't know shit about DC. whistle

Mr. Slippyfist
I can't tell if you're trying to insult Parallax/Ion or the GLC. Either way, you're a dick and you don't know shit about DC. whistle OK.

Was what he said wrong?

Nevermind if he does indeed know anything about DC or not, but if he was wrong, then your statement could hold true, but if he was right, then your attack was an off topic/no reason bash

quanchi112
I can't tell if you're trying to insult Parallax/Ion or the GLC. Either way, you're a dick and you don't know shit about DC. whistle I read the sinestro corps and the entire countdown except for the one that came out today. Its funny how you say classic versions of the characters becuz even you know they are much weaker this time around. smile

TricksterPriest
OK.

Was what he said wrong?

Nevermind if he does indeed know anything about DC or not, but if he was wrong, then your statement could hold true, but if he was right, then your attack was an off topic/no reason bash

He's right that they were weaker, but saying that they couldn't kill the entire GLC and are thus pathetic is an ad hominem attack and just an excuse to bash DC characters. It's pretty hard to kill a good GL. Granted, alot are fodder, but when someone kills quite a few GLs in a GL book written by Geoff Johns, that tends to give a character some respect.

And I hate dealing with Quan. I refuse to acknowledge him as any kind of decent poster. I treat him as the troll he is.

Mr. Slippyfist
He's right that they were weaker, but saying that they couldn't kill the entire GLC and are thus pathetic is an ad hominem attack and just an excuse to bash DC characters. It's pretty hard to kill a good GL. Granted, alot are fodder, but when someone kills quite a few GLs in a GL book written by Geoff Johns, that tends to give a character some respect.

And I hate dealing with Quan. I refuse to acknowledge him as any kind of decent poster. I treat him as the troll he is. I saw it as though the big boys weren't much more powerful than regular/good GL's... although, I guess he could have meant it either way...

Well, Quan does try and debate... I can't see how that's qualified as trolling...

quanchi112

And I hate dealing with Quan. I refuse to acknowledge him as any kind of decent poster. I treat him as the troll he is. I read dc a lot lately. They have much more interesting current stories to me right now at this point in time.

I could care less what you think about me. You have hated me from the beginning and Ive been laughing the whole time. Why do people get so worked up about little disagreements about comics. Anyways I know all about the weaker Parallax and the new weaker Ion. Even if I hadnt read it you are silly enough to say classic versions meaning they used to be a lot more powerful. smile

Too easy.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I saw it as though the big boys weren't much more powerful than regular/good GL's... although, I guess he could have meant it either way...

Well, Quan does try and debate... I can't see how that's qualified as trolling...

Ion in it's true form was surviving multiple touches and attacks by the AM. I'd say that he's quite a bit above a regular or Good GL. Even Sodom Yat was never actually Touched by AM.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Ion in it's true form was surviving multiple touches and attacks by the AM. I'd say that he's quite a bit above a regular or Good GL. Even Sodom Yat was never actually Touched by AM. no expression

quanchi112
Ion in it's true form was surviving multiple touches and attacks by the AM. I'd say that he's quite a bit above a regular or Good GL. Even Sodom Yat was never actually Touched by AM. Yes Ion is most certainly above in my opinion all gl's. Not as a group but individually. Hes inexperienced is what he is with his Ion power. Imagine Prime going one on one with Hal Jordan. Hed get raped in no time but Ion at least made a fight of it even though he lost.

nvrbeenwthagirl
no expression

Oh I see, you forgot that Ion was being held and tortured by the AM and the Gl's came to rescue it? I'm sorry, The AM wasn't shown touching him repeatedly?

darthgoober
Are we talking about ALL the GLC and Asgardian's EVER, the most recent versions of each, the classic versions, etc. cause that kind of thing can make a difference...

quanchi112
Originally posted by darthgoober
Are we talking about ALL the GLC and Asgardian's EVER, the most recent versions of each, the classic versions, etc. cause that kind of thing can make a difference... Its tricky but I think current versions vs classic Asgard.

Mr. Slippyfist
Oh I see, you forgot that Ion was being held and tortured by the AM and the Gl's came to rescue it? I'm sorry, The AM wasn't shown touching him repeatedly? I know what you were talking about... but the fact that you have to throw "touching" in there repeatedly...

Plus, I only remember him using machines on Ion...

Larceny
If were basing our arguments upon recent showings of the GLC and classic Asgard then I'm riding with Asgard.

Odin, Surtur, Ymir, Hela, Asgardian Destroyer, ftw. And yes, they all reside in the 9 worlds that compose Asgard.

pr1983
That's a whole lot of touching... you think AM bought ion dinner first?

also, trick, quan, lets calm it down a notch alright?

quanchi112
Originally posted by pr1983
That's a whole lot of touching... you think AM bought ion dinner first?

also, trick, quan, lets calm it down a notch alright? Im calm as can be. I dont go around calling him a dick out of nowhere. I laugh shit like that off.

Old-Wizard.com

Tony Stark
Asgard is able to take out the GLC in a relitively short period of time. Too much magic and pure power.

wink

lordboo
we should just probably take it as all asgardians ever vs all glc ever

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by pr1983
That's a whole lot of touching... you think AM bought ion dinner first? Nah... Ion probably just puts out easy.

Old-Wizard.com
Originally posted by Larceny
If were basing our arguments upon recent showings of the GLC and classic Asgard then I'm riding with Asgard.

Odin, Surtur, Ymir, Hela, Asgardian Destroyer, ftw. And yes, they all reside in the 9 worlds that compose Asgard.

Asgard is ONE of 9 worlds.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Citizen V
No.

Why would he?

He doesn't live in Asgard, nor is he an Asgardian. Told you we could count Surtur. laughing laughing laughing

pr1983
Im calm as can be. I dont go around calling him a dick out of nowhere. I laugh shit like that off.

then i'd appreciate it if you tried just that little bit harder...

Nah... Ion probably just puts out easy.

what a slapper...

Citizen V
Told you we could count Surtur. laughing laughing laughing

Have you not been listening? Asgard and Muspelheim are two different WORLDS.

Idiot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.