Greater durability? Prime Vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dick Grayson
I think Primes Guardian feet tops anything THanos has. What say thou board?

The Great Galen
You forget though, Drax survived Odin which means Thanos>>>eveyrone esle in power. Man Thanos got freaking wrecked by Drax punch....but lets just see how some peeps spin this.

Estacado
The question is can Prime survive a "heart ripping" attack from Drax?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
You forget though, Drax survived Odin which means Thanos>>>eveyrone esle in power. Man Thanos got freaking wrecked by Drax punch....but lets just see how some peeps spin this. ...

Why do you even comment?
Like, I could see viable examples from Prime, and low showings from Thanos being brought up from Prime's side... but... what you're saying, is basically as good as evidence as a bullet going through Superman's hand under the red sun. Or, a kryptonite bullet going through Supe's. erm

Of course, this will have no effect on you... just saying. smile

Galan007
But...... But..... Thanos stalematerz teh Odin!! durcry

The Great Galen
Not to mention he was scared of Hulk lol, while Prime has only survived a guardian explosion at point blank range almost....but u forget its Marvel>DC so doesnt matter.

quanchi112
You forget though, Drax survived Odin which means Thanos>>>eveyrone esle in power. Man Thanos got freaking wrecked by Drax punch....but lets just see how some peeps spin this. You must be a sock.

quanchi112
Not to mention he was scared of Hulk lol, while Prime has only survived a guardian explosion at point blank range almost....but u forget its Marvel>DC so doesnt matter. Some dc loving fanboy who distorts marvel facts becuz he doesnt read marvel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
The question is can Prime survive a "heart ripping" attack from Drax? Well if Prime's back is turned and Drax was created to kill him he dies as well.

Avlon
SBP Primes weakness is a red sun - He was flown through it by 2 Supermen...made it through it's intense heat, crashed landed on a planet, and kept fighting.

Thanos' weakness is to that green (kryptonite?) energy that Drax had..and when exposed to it...Drax went through Thanos' body like tissue paper.

In that sense SBP is more dubable...at least where their weaknesses are involved.

horrorwolf
Not to mention he was scared of Hulk lol, while Prime has only survived a guardian explosion at point blank range almost....but u forget its Marvel>DC so doesnt matter.

He was not afraid of the Hulk.

He being cosmically wise stated that anyone would have to be a complete and utter moron to go toe to toe physically with the Hulk.

So if you really look at it, in effect Thanos really fears making very very stupid choices.

The Great Galen
Well it sounded a lot like he was being serious, not to mention Drax already punched through him so obviosuly his durability has limits.

Gecko4lif
cant thanos withstand a galaxy detsroying blast?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
cant thanos withstand a galaxy detsroying blast?

I"ve never seen it. But I dont' exactly know the level of the blast that the gaurdian released on Prime. ANd he didn't exactly withstand that. He was ripped atom by atom apart. For some reason, he absorbed the power tho.

moonknight11
You don't get it. Let's say there is a Little evil girl whose only power is that she is made out of K-nite and she Glows with red sun radiation. Then let's say this girl then beat the crap out of superman, would you then use this to say batman could take supes since he could take that little girl????

moonknight11
Originally posted by moonknight11
TGG You don't get it. Let's say there is a Little evil girl whose only power is that she is made out of K-nite and she Glows with red sun radiation. Then let's say this girl then beat the crap out of superman, would you then use this to say batman could take supes since he could take that little girl????

quanchi112
Originally posted by moonknight11
You don't get it. Let's say there is a Little evil girl whose only power is that she is made out of K-nite and she Glows with red sun radiation. Then let's say this girl then beat the crap out of superman, would you then use this to say batman could take supes since he could take that little girl???? Great Galen is a sock who gets it but keeps posting the same crap over and over again.

The Great Galen
Like I said before, even inspite of that Thanos admitted to being afraid of Hulk which means Thanos has limits to his durability. I doubt Thanos can take what Prime has.

quanchi112
Like I said before, even inspite of that Thanos admitted to being afraid of Hulk which means Thanos has limits to his durability. I doubt Thanos can take what Prime has. You are wrong in almost all of your posts. How is that possible.

Badabing
Originally posted by Galan007
But...... But..... Thanos stalematerz teh Odin!! durcry This post made me lmao. laughing out loud

darthgoober
Like I said before, even inspite of that Thanos admitted to being afraid of Hulk which means Thanos has limits to his durability. I doubt Thanos can take what Prime has.
Thanos NEVER said that he was afraid of the Hulk...

King Kandy
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanos NEVER said that he was afraid of the Hulk...
I agree, that's like the biggest myth on the forum.

quanchi112
Thanos NEVER said that he was afraid of the Hulk... Its been explained countless times to Galen but he doesnt care and just keeps posting nonsense. Dont waste your time on responding and trying to teach him something.

Gecko4lif
Thanos said he was afraid of the

There are scans

However he also said that he was afraid of what the hulk could be but he stopped after he met him

King Kandy
Actually he said that he "Wished to avoid confrontation with the Hulk."

That is NOT the same thing as being afraid of the Hulk.

darthgoober
Originally posted by King Kandy
Actually he said that he "Wished to avoid confrontation with the Hulk."

That is NOT the same thing as being afraid of the Hulk.
What's more, Thanos made that statement just after his resurrection. So the time he was referring to all happened before a MAJOR upgrade for him. As soon as he got that upgrade, one of the first things he did was seek out a confrontation with the Champion(which he saw as being similar to a fight with the Hulk).

Symmetric Chaos
What's more, Thanos made that statement just after his resurrection. So the time he was referring to all happened before a MAJOR upgrade for him. As soon as he got that upgrade, one of the first things he did was seek out a confrontation with the Champion(which he saw as being similar to a fight with the Hulk).

But he said that during his fight with Champion.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But he said that during his fight with Champion.
Yeah, he said that he'd wished to avoid a confrontation for years... not that he STILL wished to avoid it. He obviously didn't feel the need to avoid a confrontation like that anymore since he was right in the middle of one...

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, he said that he'd wished to avoid a confrontation for years... not that he STILL wished to avoid it. He obviously didn't feel the need to avoid a confrontation like that anymore since he was right in the middle of one...

I took it more as: "Gee why am I doing this after I spent so long trying to avoid this kind of fight?"

Doesn't really matter all that much though.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I took it more as: "Gee why am I doing this after I spent so long trying to avoid this kind of fight?"

Doesn't really matter all that much though.
I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I disagree of course, but I understand why people might think that.

quanchi112
Thanos has greater durability.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos has greater durability.

karate chops, Squirrels, Drax's Knife, and black Holes Disagree.

quanchi112
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
karate chops, Squirrels, Drax's Knife, and black Holes Disagree. Drax didnt use his knife. laughing Cheapshot and he was made to kill him. The rest is to ridiculous to respond to.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Drax didnt use his knife. laughing Cheapshot and he was made to kill him. The rest is to ridiculous to respond to.
I thought I saw a knife in drax's hand. So the knife was made to kill thanos too? And I'm sure you would respond to the rest if you could.

Mr. Slippyfist
karate chops, Squirrels, Drax's Knife, and black Holes Disagree. Weaker Thanos.

Powerful Tippy Toe.

Never happened.

It closed on him... therefore how in the hell did he get out? Bran concludes that the only way he did it, was by forcing the hole open again... with his non lightspeed speed as well. smile

quanchi112
I thought I saw a knife in drax's hand. So the knife was made to kill thanos too? And I'm sure you would respond to the rest if you could. He punched through his heart. Sg was of panel so who knows how she beat him. I still havent read where this black hole almost kille dThanos. What issue will someone tell me,maybe I forgot.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Weaker Thanos.

Powerful Tippy Toe.

Never happened.

It closed on him... therefore how in the hell did he get out? Bran concludes that the only way he did it, was by forcing the hole open again... with his non lightspeed speed as well. smile Bran the blackhole thing when did it happen and is it canon to 616 Thanos?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Weaker Thanos.

Powerful Tippy Toe.

Never happened.

It closed on him... therefore how in the hell did he get out? Bran concludes that the only way he did it, was by forcing the hole open again... with his non lightspeed speed as well. smile

How in the hell does a black hole close? It isn't a black hole any more if it does that. It ceases to exist.

Mr. Slippyfist
Bran the blackhole thing when did it happen and is it canon to 616 Thanos? Infinity Abyss.
Although it is possible that he just didn't get sucked in. Plus, the only damage Thanos showed was on his skin... he didn't seem hurt at all.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Infinity Abyss.
Although it is possible that he just didn't get sucked in. Plus, the only damage Thanos showed was on his skin... he didn't seem hurt at all.
He looked **** up to me. He didn't SEEM hurt?

quanchi112
Infinity Abyss.
Although it is possible that he just didn't get sucked in. Plus, the only damage Thanos showed was on his skin... he didn't seem hurt at all. I read that to but I cant remember that at all. What issue.

Damn my memory all this dc stuff I have been reading is making me forget Thanos moments. I may have to swear off all comics except Thanos.

Mr. Slippyfist
How in the hell does a black hole close? It isn't a black hole any more if it does that. It ceases to exist. OK. smile

Anyway... here's the black hole...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss1of6-06.jpg

And here's the next time we see Thanos.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss2of6-13.jpg

King Kandy
Not really hurt, he just had some minor blood. Not that damaging. It was a black hole after all.

nvrbeenwthagirl
OK. smile

Anyway... here's the black hole...
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss1of6-06.jpg

And here's the next time we see Thanos.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss2of6-13.jpg

What the hell? a miniature artificial black hole? I dont' remember it being that weak? And thanos skin looks all battered and bruised up. He doesn't look good.

Mr. Slippyfist
He looked **** up to me. He didn't SEEM hurt? He was up and walking like nothing happened... apparently, they were only cleaning him up so he could don a new suit.
There are no cuts on his body... only blood. He is after all, an Eternal. smile
What you're talking about.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss2of6-21.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss2of6-22.jpg

quanchi112
What the hell? a miniature artificial black hole? I dont' remember it being that weak? And thanos skin looks all battered and bruised up. He doesn't look good. Hes fine. smile

Darkseid looked worse after a friggin Batkick.

laughing laughing

Mr. Slippyfist
What the hell? a miniature artificial black hole? I dont' remember it being that weak? And thanos skin looks all battered and bruised up. He doesn't look good. It gets smaller... maybe he's talking about that. Warlock was pretty f*cked up while he was narrating the story.
Plus, it sucks everything up in a 2 light year radius... meh.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He was up and walking like nothing happened... apparently, they were only cleaning him up so he could don a new suit.
There are no cuts on his body... only blood. He is after all, an Eternal. smile
What you're talking about.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss2of6-21.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/InfinityAbyss2of6-22.jpg
sure, those thin deep red lines on the bottom of the last scan aren't cuts. The bigger drippy red globs aren't supposed to represent blood flowing and the thin lines aren't suppsed to rep cuts. Your right. What was I thinking.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Hes fine. smile

Darkseid looked worse after a friggin Batkick.

laughing laughing

batkick, or batkick amped with some kind of tech? Which is it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
It gets smaller... maybe he's talking about that. Warlock was pretty f*cked up while he was narrating the story.
Plus, it sucks everything up in a 2 light year radius... meh.
Superman survived a real double black hole did he not? without a scratch?

King Kandy
sure, those thin deep red lines on the bottom of the last scan aren't cuts. The bigger drippy red globs aren't supposed to represent blood flowing and the thin lines aren't suppsed to rep cuts. Your right. What was I thinking.
Listen, he had just gone through a Black Hole and all the medical attention he needed was getting toweled off.

quanchi112
batkick, or batkick amped with some kind of tech? Which is it? Either way a blackhole is going to hurt you more than Bruce Waynes best kick.

Mr. Slippyfist
sure, those thin deep red lines on the bottom of the last scan aren't cuts. The bigger drippy red globs aren't supposed to represent blood flowing and the thin lines aren't suppsed to rep cuts. Your right. What was I thinking. I never said he didn't bleed... I said he healed from it. If you look closely, you can see he has no cuts on his body, only blood. IMO I guess I should add...

Superman survived a real double black hole did he not? without a scratch? Superman can also travel faster than light...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by King Kandy
Listen, he had just gone through a Black Hole and all the medical attention he needed was getting toweled off.

becuz you say so. He can towl himself. Or use matter manip to simply wipe the blood away.

tkitna
I'm not sure who's more durable. Probably Prime.

I do have a question concerning Thanos though. Its been awhile since i've read Annihiliation, but didnt Thanos tell Drax to hang out for a minute before their confrontation so that he could free Galactus and save the universe? Drax still cheap shotted him even though the universe was on the line. Pretty stupid on his accont.

Maybe i'm wrong and will have to reread that, but enough people bring up Drax killing Thanos as if its a low point for Thanos. I guess Thanos could have been like Drax and just said screw the Universe, i'd much rather fight you. I'm probably wrong, but thats how I percieved that whole incident.

quanchi112
First and second issue I see. I might need to reread this again.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I never said he didn't bleed... I said he healed from it. If you look closely, you can see he has no cuts on his body, only blood. IMO I guess I should add...

Superman can also travel faster than light...

Was superman not caught in the black hole and had to get out of it and fight at that?

does not thanos teleport?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by tkitna
I'm not sure who's more durable. Probably Prime.

I do have a question concerning Thanos though. Its been awhile since i've read Annihiliation, but didnt Thanos tell Drax to hang out for a minute before their confrontation so that he could free Galactus and save the universe? Drax still cheap shotted him even though the universe was on the line. Pretty stupid on his accont.

Maybe i'm wrong and will have to reread that, but enough people bring up Drax killing Thanos as if its a low point for Thanos. I guess Thanos could have been like Drax and just said screw the Universe, i'd much rather fight you. I'm probably wrong, but thats how I percieved that whole incident.

Thanos should have been able to take drax out without even looking at him.

Mr. Slippyfist
First and second issue I see. I might need to reread this again. Sure. I posted basically everything though... but I can see you'd want to look for yourself. smile

King Kandy
Well considering he did nothing to TRY and take Drax out, it's a little bit unfair to say he couldn't have.

Mr. Slippyfist
Was superman not caught in the black hole and had to get out of it and fight at that?

does not thanos teleport? Yes. But he also travels faster than light... which should negate the effects made on him.

Apparently not without his ship... following that series. Plus, he never teleported as you can see the Skrulls fly by, and him being on the ship.

tkitna

Granted, but Drax is Thanos' kryptonite. When you dont even defend yourself,,,,,,

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes. But he also travels faster than light... which should negate the effects made on him.

Apparently not without his ship... following that series. Plus, he never teleported as you can see the Skrulls fly by, and him being on the ship.
So flying faster than Light somehow upped superman's durability while He was IN The double black hole trying to escape.

Mr. Slippyfist
So flying faster than Light somehow upped superman's durability while He was IN The double black hole trying to escape. If he's traveling fast enough to resist the pull... I see it that it won't have as much effects, or that much at all... I'm probably wrong though... but that's how I see it... more of a speed feat IMO... unless he stopped at some point.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If he's traveling fast enough to resist the pull... I see it that it won't have as much effects, or that much at all... I'm probably wrong though... but that's how I see it... more of a speed feat IMO... unless he stopped at some point.

Wait. The way that I know black holes work is that thier gravity field becomes so powerful and crushing that they can literally pull in light and they also crush anything pulled in. So how does superman being faster than light up his durability to deal with the gravity field that would be crushing him while he flies thru? does he somehow convert into energy? hell even energy, Light, is crushed in black holes. So the feat is a Speed feat AND a durability feat unless at some point while struggling to fly thru, i twas explained that the gravity was having no effect on him. But that couldn't be so becuz he did stuggle to get out didn't he?

Mr. Slippyfist
Wait. The way that I know black holes work is that thier gravity field becomes so powerful and crushing that they can literally pull in light and they also crush anything pulled in. So how does superman being faster than light up his durability to deal with the gravity field that would be crushing him while he flies thru? does he somehow convert into energy? hell even energy, Light, is crushed in black holes. So the feat is a Speed feat AND a durability feat unless at some point while struggling to fly thru, i twas explained that the gravity was having no effect on him. But that couldn't be so becuz he did stuggle to get out didn't he? I know how they work.

However, if he was traveling fast enough to avert its pull, then perhaps it wasn't crushing him... ahdunno...

I'd have to re-read the comic...

Erik-Lensherr
Superboy Prime

vlaaad12345
If he's traveling fast enough to resist the pull... I see it that it won't have as much effects, or that much at all... I'm probably wrong though... but that's how I see it... more of a speed feat IMO... unless he stopped at some point.
He did stay still in it.

quanchi112
Thanos should have been able to take drax out without even looking at him. Drax was created to kill him. Cheapshot.

Darkseid should be able to hold on to his staff and not look so bad to Bruce wayne to. Whatever the writer decides is what is canon though and we must all live with it.

rico777
Thanos has great Durability feats.. but the greatest durability feat that we've seen from SMP is him surviving a Guardians destruction. But was that really durability? isn't it more of an aborbition feat?

I'm still unsure of whose durability is greater =/

quanchi112
Originally posted by rico777
Thanos has great Durability feats.. but the greatest durability feat that we've seen from SMP is him surviving a Guardians destruction. But was that really durability? isn't it more of an aborbition feat?

I'm still unsure of whose durability is greater =/ Thanos.

horrorwolf
Drax was created to kill him. Cheapshot.

Darkseid should be able to hold on to his staff and not look so bad to Bruce wayne to. Whatever the writer decides is what is canon though and we must all live with it.

Correct, thats equivalent to a clone of Superman taking him on who is made of Kryptonite.

Dick Grayson
I would expect two members with Thanos as their sig to be more fair and balanced. laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dick Grayson
I would expect two members with Thanos as their sig to be more fair and balanced. laughing I mean the guy knocked Galactus on his ass. Hes the real deal.

rico777
I mean the guy knocked Galactus on his ass. Hes the real deal.

thats not a durability feat =/

quanchi112
Originally posted by rico777
thats not a durability feat =/ Odin fight. smile Thor with the power gem fight. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Odin fight. smile Thor with the power gem fight. wink
Superboy prime against the Earth a couple of times. Against ION power mixed in with Daxamite power, guardian life force energy, Flying str8 thru anti matter energy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.