Is anyone else kinda eager to hear the new Metallica album?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Supposedly its comig out in February, no idea what its going to be called, and the two new songs that you can find on you tube are not going to be on the album apparently.

Never the less I am really interested. Do I think they are past they're prime in the public eye, yes. Do I think they are done as musicians, no. Each one of there albums sound pretty different. Excluding the load albums, the only two records that sound very close to each other are RTL and MOP, other than that they are pretty good at switing it up.

Anyway...can't be any worse than St. anger right?

Nellinator
I would say I'm eager if only out of interest. I think they have finally come to their sense and realized how dumb they were being so hopefully the music with reflect that type of revelation.

chillmeistergen
Nah.

tabby999
Of course. Just because the last album wasn't Master Of Puppets 2 dosn't mean i've given up on them.

ragesRemorse
Not if James Hetfield and lars ulrich are still in the band

Bat Dude
Not really...

1. I don't buy albums (I've explained this a little before: I'm not poor, I just don't have enough personal money to go buying CDs whenever I feel like it, only during holidays and such)

2. They don't really reflect my musical tastes anymore... I can respect their decision for changing their sound, but that's not the Metallica I have grown to appreciate... (Kill 'Em All - Black Album) If they wanna keep doing what they're doing, kool, let them... But I won't be buying their albums...

tabby999
But how can you judge their "sound" before the albums released? Sure the last one wasn't their best, but it doesn't mean they're not capable of making good music anymore.

Alpha Centauri
St. Anger was much better than it could have been, given the circumstances. The worst thing about that album was the worst production in history, if a lot of those songs had good production and mixing, they'd sound great I think.

They're a band I enjoy, I'm not expecting anything amazing, so whatever. I'll get it.

-AC

Nellinator
That album came off as slightly pretentious to me. It seemed to me that they didn't really feel that effort was required. Knowing how little effort if took them it's fairly impressive, but still...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.