Shadows in the Sun RPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Mickey High, Jurassic Park and Shadows in the Sun can go ahead.

(No character bios needed. If you are that interested about someone's character ask about it. I always found character bios pointless)

Dawn...May 2, 2011. Jack woke up and removed the steel plating from the windows that kept anything from getting inside. With that Jack walked through the hallway shouting, "everyone wake up! It's dawn! We got things to do before dusk!"

Everyday the survivors would head out to gather food from the crop field growing now by the old school down the road as well as try to hunt what few deer appears. Jack of course had a fateful friend with him; his golden retriever Butterball whom Jack had since before the JC virus outbreak begun three years ago. Jack (as well as the survivors) is a part of the 1% immune to the virus. Jacksonville has slowly withered away during the three years.

Jack went to the hall closet and got a combat knife, a pistol, and an assault rifle with scope and he put on his Florida Gator hat and jacket. Jack had the knife strapped to his left leg and the pistol strapped under his jacket to be concealed.

darkxbox
david woke up, pulling out his knife fromm under his pillow. he had just moved from alabama when the virus struck. however, he and his freind carlos had escaped uninfected. he prepped his sniper rifle and woke carlos. pulling out their mp5s they looked at eachother and moved towards jack. "whats the plan?"

Swimming Bird
Jake opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling. It was a dull gray in the dark, and for some unknown reason Jake thought it fit. He sat up and looked at the covered window. Rubbing his eyes, he checks the clock and pulls the cover off of the windows. He walked over to his closet and pulled out his shotgun and a sheel-belt. Not even bothering to comb his bedhead, he walked down stairs from the top room and met up with the other. "Yeah, whats the order?"

ESB -1138
"Well like any other day we'll start by hitting up the park to gather vegetables for the day as well as keeping a look out for any deer. At noon we head to the Landing and pray to God that someone comes...anyone really...besides that whatever you feel like doing...just be back before dusk because once that sun does down this place will be locked up and that door won't open until dawn," Jack told Jake and David. Jack flung open the front door and took a deep breath of fresh air. Butterball quickly ran out and started to sniff around.

Swimming Bird
"Jack, remebered. Just hit the 'walkie' and I'll come to assist you. Same for you David." Jake raised his shotgun up and slid it into a make-shift holster on his back. "I'll be going through various apartments to find supplies. I'll meet up with you guys at the Landing." With that said, he walked out into the fresh-air and started to walk off to an area where he hadn't been through yet.

ESB -1138
"Avoid the dark!" Jack shouted.

Swimming Bird
Jake knew that advice all to well. To signify that he heard, he put his hand int he air with two fingers up. He made his way to a larger then most aparpment complex and took a deep breath. He kicked the foor and and droped to one knee with his shotgun drawn. With a quick scan of the room, he slowly stood and made his way inside. It was dark, and the only light that made it into the room was through the windows, and from the flashlight on his shoulder. Luckily for him, this one was empty. Most others had at least one infected inside. He pulled out his duffle bags and started to go through cabinets and drawers.

darkxbox
david moved towards the pool in the apartment complexx."ill catch up with you guys at the docks later."carlos went and drove arround in his car for fun

ESB -1138
Jack with Butterball headed down to the old school down the road to the crop fields to begin gathering the needed food for the day. Butterball ran around the park climbing on the playground equipment. Jack noticed the side doors of the school (which are normally closed and swing outward) seemed to have been forced opened inward. Jack knew as long as he stayed in the light he would be fine.

Swimming Bird
Jacob collected all of the non-parishables that he could before he exited the apartament. It had not taken very much time and it scored him an entire duffel bag worth of food. The farther into the city he went, the more food he found, but it took longer to get back. He would eventually have to raid one of the food stores and with the lack of light, that would be extremely hard and basically a death wish.

Striding Cloud
Jamal held his Beretta Px4 Storm, close to his chest as he stayed behind Jack, watching his back. He whistled to his dog Frankie who was a all black pit bull. He had wandered to far behind him. Jamal didn't want to lose Frankie he was all he had left. "Jack, did you notice that as well?" He said staring down the school doors.

ESB -1138
"Yeah...I guess the creatures have fled to the school. As long as we get back before dusk we don't have a thing to worry about," Jack replied still gathering what seemed eatable. Butterball sniffed around roaming about a pretty good distance away from the doorway.

Striding Cloud
"I never really did see them. There bone chilling screams was all i needed to hear. What are these creatures exactly Jack. I think it's time you told me the truth. You were one of them working on the JC Virus. I never really was into the news. But...-" Jamal's words were cut off as a pan fell from inside of the school. Frankie came running to Jamal's side barking mindlessly.

(BTW Jamal's only 15 but he knows his weapons. And he also doesn't know much about the creatures. He came from Florida.)

Swimming Bird
Jacob looked up at the sun. "Beautiful." He kept moving slowly, he was making sure that he didn't scare anything away. Just as he stepped over a car hood, a deer looked up at him in plane sight. He quickly hit his walkie talkie and spoke. "I've got deer, I repeat I have deer. I don't have a weapon to get any of them. They're by J.J.'s shopping center." He went back down and saw something that made his skin crawl. An infected was standing in a dark doorway, just staring at him. In a panic JAcob swung his shotgun around and fired directly into it's body.

KingDubya
*Heh, just saw this and I had to join. I love post-apocalyptic settings*

Austin had lined up his shot and drew back the makeshift arrow, though it was difficult without the use of three of his fingers. A gunshot suddenly rang out and his target ran off. "Christ, now I have to track one down again..." he thought. "Why, oh, why does something always happen to make my food run away?"

Seething, Austin walked around the corner of the building he was next to so he could confront whoever fired off the shot. He saw Jacob, then the shotgun, then the JC's body. "Well, I can't blame you for killing one of them, but you made tonight's dinner run off," he said to the other man.

*Note: Austin doesn't live in the same place as the other characters.*

Swimming Bird
"It was marking me. I hate no other choice. It would have followed my scent home and killed me and my friends... why did you never come to the rally point?" Jacob stood again and pulled his weapon up. He looked back at the body of the infected and noticed the sets of eyes staring back at him. With a grin, he slammed the door closed, that allowed them to exit the building. "Good news guys, I sealed off a hive for a few days."

ESB -1138

KingDubya
"Rally point?" Austin asked.

Swimming Bird
"Yeah, down by the docks. We've gone there everyday for the last few years. It's been broadcasted on all the A.M. frequencies there are." Jake sighed and looked back towards the dock.

Striding Cloud
Jamal began to shake very hard as he turned to Jack. He sighed and stopped shaking. "Well thanks." He said with a half grin.

KingDubya
"Ah," Austin said. "That's the problem. My radio broke not long after this whole thing started, and I haven't been able to find a new one that's not broken." He followed Jacob's gaze to the docks, then extended his left hand to the other man and said, "The name's Austin. What about you?"

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Striding Cloud
Jamal began to shake very hard as he turned to Jack. He sighed and stopped shaking. "Well thanks." He said with a half grin.

"Alright...we're done here," Jack told Jamal closing the bag and tossing it onto his shoulder. "Let's head down to Wal Mart. We need to find some parts for the generator."

darkxbox
David got out of the pool and dried off.as soon as he was dressed he went back to their temporary home. after getting his cat, Ali, he left towards the rally point. on the way a deer galloped from the apartments. he quickly shot and killed it. he arrived at the docks carrying it on his shoulders. carlos was at the docks fishing while he waited for the others.

Swimming Bird
Originally posted by KingDubya
"Ah," Austin said. "That's the problem. My radio broke not long after this whole thing started, and I haven't been able to find a new one that's not broken." He followed Jacob's gaze to the docks, then extended his left hand to the other man and said, "The name's Austin. What about you?"

"Name's Jake. We might want to move towards the rally point now. Getting to be time soon, couple more hours at least." Jake picked up the duffel bags and started to make his way off towards the rally point. "My car is just up ahead in a garage."

darkxbox
david called on the radio "me and carlos just got a big catch. we caught fish today. how are you guys?"just as he finished talking carlos yelled "woah, i got a whooper!"

Striding Cloud
Jamal nodded to Jack and started to walk to wal mart. Frankie followed behind him as he sniffed around.

ESB -1138
Jack and Jamal arrived at Wal-Mart and Jack stood in front of the shattered glass doors. The glass was on the inside and thus someone broke in. Butterball seemed nervous about something.

Striding Cloud
Frankie was shivering as well and he started to bark mindlessly again. Jamal walked into the dark walmart with his flashlight and gun. He searched around and seen nothing. "Jack it's all clear." Frankie ran up to Jamal and sunk his teeth into his pants as he tried to pull him out. Jamal started to laugh when a figure ran past him. He turned around with lightning reflexes looking around. He still didn't see anything.

darkxbox
david and carlos made a fire to cook the fish. david offered a raw tuna to ali. he then ate his own. "you know carlos, it just seems kinda peaceful living alone, as long as theirs no infecteds attacking you."

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Striding Cloud
Frankie was shivering as well and he started to bark mindlessly again. Jamal walked into the dark walmart with his flashlight and gun. He searched around and seen nothing. "Jack it's all clear." Frankie ran up to Jamal and sunk his teeth into his pants as he tried to pull him out. Jamal started to laugh when a figure ran past him. He turned around with lightning reflexes looking around. He still didn't see anything.

Jack saw the figure and aimed the light of his rifle around the room to see nothing more than a deer looking for food. Jack took a breath of relief and whispered to Jamal, 'don't shoot it. We don't want the creatures know we're here.'

Jack walked down an aisle with Butterball following. Jack was looking for a wire to replace the cut one for the generator. He checked his watch; it was 9:03 AM. Jack knew they had plenty of time.

Striding Cloud
Jamal sighed in relief. "Just a deer." He said and chuckled as Frankie searched around wal mart with Jamal. He had a sweet tooth and was looking for some candy. Walking to the food aisle he found loads of candy. But him and Frankie's favorite candy was sitting there endlessly. He grinned as Frankie barked. Jamal took his black book bag off of his back and unzipped it. He opened it wide as he dumped the reese's into the bag. Zipping it back up he put it around his back and shoulders and and caught up with Jack.

(I never knew why he chased the deers in the movie. So can anyone tell me why? I know it wasn't for food because he had plenty.)

ESB -1138
(It was for food. Food goes bad and killing deer was his really only source for meat)

Jack found the wire and tossed it into his bag. He petted his dog across his head and turned around walking down the aisle. The deer had moved outside roaming now outside in the parking lot. Jack made his way towards the door with Butterball roaming behind him keeping an eye on the place.

Striding Cloud
(Oh lol! Alright thnx! big grin)
Jamal was walking around until he had came across the game section. He grabbed a Xbox 360 and threw it in his bag. "Meh, I always wanted one of these now i have one." He grabbed a couple of games for it a four cans of dog food. Frankie whimpered when he seen the food Jamal was getting. He hated it but ate it anyway, usually he would pick out his own food but Jamal was in a rush today.

ESB -1138
Jack walked outside with Butterball at his side. It was a very cloudy day and no matter how hard Jack tried he couldn't see the sun. Jack looked at his watch, "9:54...I don't think we need to worry too much Butterball. As long as I keep an eye on my watch."

darkxbox
david picked up the radio, "okay guys, im broadcasting the message again. you take as long as you want, just make sure you get here before 4 o' clock, over"

ESB -1138
Jack ran over to his truck and opened the passenger side door. Butterball quickly jumped in and sat down and Jack closed the door. He walked around to the driver side door and unlocked it when his phone indicated that he had one missed call. Jack pulled out his phone, "one missed call...how do I have one missed calls? The phones have been down for three years now..."

Jack entered to listen to the message, "Greetings Dr. O'Neil. It has been far too long. It seems the JC vaccine has caused more harm then good. The following address will give you more intel on the situation. 21432 43rd Street. Good luck."

"Why the hell did I just now get this?" Jack asked himself.

Swimming Bird
Jake turned around and set his weapon back in it's makeshift holster. he walked over to a small car that he used every now and then to travel across the city quickly. It was a BMW, not a flashy version, but just one that went over at least one-hundred miles per-hour. Climbing inside, he checked his cell. It said 'one text'. Puzzled, he opened the phone to see an old inside joke. "I'll dip my chip in both y'alls' cheeses." Jacob knew who it was and remembered three years back.

Jake was standing in a rainy parking lot, when the JC virus was barely spread. He was standing with another man and they both seemed to be collected supplies. Jake-"I can't leave." Man-"Why not?" Jake-"If I leave, I will feel like I abandoned my post." Man-"I'll come back for you, when we have everything under control." Jake.-"I'll be waiting."

Jacob blinked and looked at the quote. "Mexican restaurant!" Jake started the car, and drove on the streets that he could.

Striding Cloud
Jamal jumped in the very back of the truck. Frankie jumped in as well and lay down in the back of the truck keeping a eye out. Jamal sat on the side in the front also keeping a eye out. He set his Beretta Px4 Storm next to him and continued to look around. He heard Jack's phone ring and turned towards Jack but said nothing. Jamal closed his eyes as the wind blew in his face. And he eventually fell asleep. He was dreaming of being in his old house. He had climbed threw his room window getting back in from a party. As he had seen that something was wrong. The lights were on but there was no sound. He walked down the stairs and heard bone, chilling, screams and something lunged towards him. And he jumped up waking up from the dream.

ESB -1138
Jack got into the truck and petted Butterball. He started the truck and drove off heading for 43rd street. He turned on the CD player to listen to Bob Seger. Jack turned it down so that he could barely hear.

darkxbox
((bump))

ESB -1138
((Another bump))

ESB -1138
((...no one huh?))

Swimming Bird
((I'm onboard to help revive this, but i'll be just a little bit longer))

ESB -1138
((Awesome, one is better then none))

darkxbox
im on too

ESB -1138
((Two is all I need so whenever you two are ready...because I'm eager to continue))

darkxbox
ready))

ESB -1138
((Ready when you are))

Jack sat in the truck with his dog sitting by his side. He figured he would go to where the message told him to go...to try to find some clue as to why all this has happened. Jack started the truck and rolled down the window for Butterball. 'Is that what you want?'

Swimming Bird
Jacob arrived at the Mexican restaurant that had been mentioned but it was empty and dark. Almost not willing to go inside, the first thing that caught his eye, was the dead body of an infected. It looked as if it had been beaten to death with a blunt object. "Anyone in their!?"

darkxbox
david came to attention, he grabbed his walkie talkie, " guys, careful, i just heard a loud screeching sound from the city."

ESB -1138
Jack headed down Main Street approaching the abandoned Budweiser factory. Butterball kept his head out of the window as Jack looked at his watch, '4:15 PM...plenty of time to get there and head back to the house.'

Jack heard David on the radio and responded, 'relax. We have around four hours till sunset.'

darkxbox
(( i thought we went home at 6. thats when it gets dark.))

"roger that" david and carlos started watching star wars. they had went home early to clean and store the fish. david had gone ahead and given his cat a bath."wonder what the others found today."

ESB -1138
((I made the setting during summer time and it normally goes dark around 8 during summer))

Jack came to a stop and flung open the door to the truck and stepped out followed by Butterball. Jack grabbed a pistol and made sure it was loaded as he gazed upon the abandoned house. 'You scared?' Jack asked his dog who answered him with a strange look. Jack smiled and walked up the driveway towards the front door.

The door was busted open which gave Jack an uneasy feeling as he stepped through the threshold.

ESB -1138
(Hello...anyone?)

darkxbox
((where i live it gets dark around 6:00 during summer. i cant really post until you guys talk to my char.))

darkxbox
(dying)

Mando' Ade
wants to bring this back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.