Boba Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedimaster3838
I know I'll probably get some pretty "mean" posts from this but, why does everyone make such a big deal of Boba Fett? In the OT he does find Han, but Vader is the one who "captures" him. Then he is killed by a blind Han and he can't kill a tied up Jedi. And yes, he did die, while I love reading the books, Lucas killed him and so he must stay dead. Maybe he will prove himself in the next two films, but based on the OT he isn't the Bad %#*^@*$% that everyone thinks he is.

Darth Daft
I can see why you think that JM. I haven't always been amazed by him either. Like you say, I'm sure we'll see him prove himself in the prequels.

theEviljedi
JediM. that is unacceptable behavior that can get you banned.

Darth Daft

Jedimaster3838
My bad EJ. I didn't think using symbols was that bad. I'll try.....try not. do or do not......not to use those anymore.

theEviljedi
Because Daft.It gives others the impression that thats what you mean.If you don't beleave me then ask Raz.

Darth Daft
Okay okay. sad Sorry big boss nass.

theEviljedi
laughing out loud I'm sorry if I sound harsh.I don't make the rules.sad

Jedimaster3838
Now that everyone as apologized(sorry again) can we get to the bottom of to why everyone loves Boba Fett? I am just curious.

Darth Heinous
Where does it say that Boba Fett dies? He just gets swallowed up by the Sarlacc. Surely his Mandalorian armor will protect him.

theEviljedi
And it takes 900 years to digest with the creature living off of the Sarlaac's body or something.

Jedimaster3838
I just think the way that it was shown indicates that he died, he yelled then fell in the pit signifying death. If he were to survive then Lucas could have given some hint that he lived, but there was nothing

Darth Heinous
Well of course he yelled before he got swallowed. He didn't think he would ever get out ...

theEviljedi
But he left it like that for the sequels before he canceled them.

Darth Daft
I wonder what the sarlacc looks like beneath the sand? I bet it's this really huge thing like that space slug that swallows the Millenim Falcon.

theEviljedi
The Sarlaac was in ROTJ.It was that creature with the beak.

Darth Daft
Yes I know that. I meant that I wonder what the rest of its body looks like underneath the sand. All we saw was its mouth. The rest of its body is beneath the sand unseen.

Gundark
DD, the Sarlaac looks just like a chicken under there.

To comment on the topic, I think Boba Fett's reputation will be built up in ep2 and 3. At least to the point where out of all those bounty hunters after the Falcon in ESB, Fett is the only one who is smart enough to think like Solo and hide in the empires jettisoned garbage.

Darth Daft
Lucas has said that after seeing Episode 2 we will think of Boba Fett a lot differently than what we've thought of him after seeing the OT. We may actually see a softer side to him.

theEviljedi
Please stop with this chicken talk.Daft,I assume the Sarlaac's body was just a long vine.

Darth Daft
There's nothing wrong with us mentioning chickens as long as we actually make a point about the particular topic as well.
I agree. I could imagine it being a long plant-like root that goes underground with lots of other roots coming out from it.

theEviljedi
But when you talk about chicken you usually talk about it being stuck in your teeth.sad

Darth Daft
Hey you just mentioned chicken! I thought you asked us to stop talking about it! Dear me, you are a silly little boy.

Since when have I mentioned teeth?

Gundark
But if the Sarlaac has a root system, wouldn't it maybe have another mouth somewhere ?

p.s. I never said a word about chicken in teeth. It was mozzarella cheese AND chicken stuck to a pierced tongue jewelry. If you're going to spank us, EJ, get it right. wink p.p.s. just kidding smile smile smile

theEviljedi
Just no more chicken in the mouth talk ok?

Darth Daft
Fine, ok. You gotta admit though, it's tasty stuff.

Gundark
Okay, EJ, we flossed. Nothing in the teeth. smile smile

Darth Daft
Hey guess what, I had chicken today and some of it got stuck right in between my................fork.

archive monitor
did you know boba dosent actually die? he claims the sarlacc found him "some what indigestible" and later became the best man of bounty hunters dengars wedding. he went on to recruit a new army of mandalorian warriors.

Red Superfly
As far as the movies go - he's dead, and will stay in the sarleccs belly forever.

I have The Mandalorian Armour, it's a damn fine book, but it's merely nothing more than a published fanfic. It isn't canon.

It's nice to think he survived, but dude, come on, he's dead. The books are Expanded Universe and are not official unless Lucas says they are.

Darth_Janus
Honestly, Boba was built up to be this superhuman bounty hunter he wasn't. I just haven't figured out one thing...

Why?

Darth_Janus
And while I'm on that line of thought, Red, what among the books qualifies as canon?

yerssot
no book count as canon
the only thing coming close are the novelisations which count as semi-canon: as long as they don't contradict the movie

Darth Subjekt
I don't think, and this is of course my opinion, he was meant to be such a big hit. I think people gravitated towards him because in a time/place where almost everything is neat and clean, shiny white armor and Vaders polished armor, he looked......."rough". Like he had been through alot. He was also mysterious. All we had to go by was his voice and that he was the only one good enough to catch the Falcon. Then after he "blew up so-to-speak, thats when GL wanted to do the whole Jango Fett role and show more of boba. Of course its just my take of it, but yeah he's dead and never coming back.

Red, are the novelizations the only canon books, or do visual directories count as well? I know they don't have stories, just short explanations, but just curious.

Stealth Agent
holy $hit this thread is four years old. archive monitor why the hell did you dig up this thread
It never says Boba died. it just gives the impression

Boba is kickass he's a legend he's even gone up against vader in a kickass comic you can see this in my sig

Darth Subjekt
yea, cause that would be a real long fight........no

Ogami Itto
Boba Fett is all show!! anyone can look good in a suit! i could wear it and look cool!! doesn't mean im a badass bountyhunter!!!

Fieperskaivu
According to Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Boba Fett is saved by his only friend, Dengar. Dengar is that crazy guy with the turban on Vader's command ship with IG-88. And never ever insult Boba Fett again. Ever.

Ogami Itto
he is just a poser tryin to be like daddy! jango was better hed b turning in his Geonosian grave if he knew how his son dies!sorry but hes dead dead dead!!

Red Superfly
From what I read in the book, Dengar finds the Sarlecc monster, destroyed, and then finds Boba, his armour all burnt from the stomach acid.

The myth about being digested over a thousand years was BS, Boba was already being killed in that short time.

That's the story. It ain't legit. None of the EU books are legit, but are nice stories.

As for my opinion of Fett goes, he was a cool character. He was so mysterious, like Lucas says, he was the man with no name from the old westerns. He obviously ruined the character by revealling the fact that he had everything handed down to him by his father, and was an annoying little brat. Before the PT came along, I really liked Fett. He was a bit-part character that had an awe about him. You knew he had stories to tell just by looking at his swiss army knife of a costume, and its various parts and decorations. The audience didn't have to know his backstory to know how cool he was - the fact that he was a mysterious bounty hunter, with no ties or mercy, was cool enough.

Now it's like he's a full time player and a major part of the series and I don't like him as much. His mystery is ruined, his voice has been alterred, and he's nothing more than a Stormtrooper. Boba Fett sucks now.

Stealth Agent
yeah that did suck he lost someof his mystery but you still wonder what he did inbetween when he actually became a bounty hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.