The Beatles influence on Modern Music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arnoldlayne

Kram3r
We already have a Beatles thread and you already posted this in another thread.

Funkadelic
laughing

chillmeistergen
Their influence is less than a lot of other artists in modern music, they were relatively influential, granted, but a lot of the bands they influenced I'd rather be without.

Kingcrimson
Their influence on modern bands like Porcupine Tree, Coldplay and others is very evident. They have been the biggest influence on Modern music the past 40 years. Just look at Britpop and Nirvana as for recent examples. I really can't say that for Elvis of Bob Dylan. They are a bigger influence on pop music Tomorrow Never Knows is the blueprint of today's music with its sample like and dance like drum beat.

Funkadelic
Tell me how the Beatles influenced let's say ummmmm Stevie Wonder?

Kingcrimson
Originally posted by Funkadelic
Tell me how the Beatles influenced let's say ummmmm Stevie Wonder?

The Beatles did not influence every artist but they influenced the most is my opinion. Stevie Wonder covered We Can Work It Out and has said My Cherie Amour was written after hearing the Beatles Michelle. The song was recorded in 1966 it was not released years later.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Kingcrimson
Their influence on modern bands like Porcupine Tree, Coldplay and others is very evident. They have been the biggest influence on Modern music the past 40 years. Just look at Britpop and Nirvana as for recent examples. I really can't say that for Elvis of Bob Dylan. They are a bigger influence on pop music Tomorrow Never Knows is the blueprint of today's music with its sample like and dance like drum beat.

Nirvana?

Funkadelic
Originally posted by Kingcrimson
The Beatles did not influence every artist but they influenced the most is my opinion. Stevie Wonder covered We Can Work It Out and has said My Cherie Amour was written after hearing the Beatles Michelle. The song was recorded in 1966 it was not released years later.

Wow! You're good. Did you look that up or not?

Man even George Clinton is a fan of The Beatles doesn't mean he's influenced by them.

Deathblow
Originally posted by Kram3r
We already have a Beatles thread and you already posted this in another thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.