Indys death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nod
If they continued to he dies how do you think it will happen?

Admiral Akbar
umm..well I guess an honorable death. I just hope there isn't an excessive amount of crying, too much crying is annoying.

P23
i hope they kill him off. i love the films dont get me wrong but it would be the best way to end the franchise. im not saying a boo hoo and feel sorry for him. make it like he went out in a blaze of glory!

MrCampion
A film franchise can end without killing off the star.

amity75
He'll die in his sleep at the age of 112. Totally at peace with everything, a bit like that old tart in "Titanic". Or he could go like John Entwistle and choke on a prostitute while cocained out of his head. I'm not sure what Indy would prefer...

SlayerOfJedi13
Indy would die a death by bites from many snakes, and rats would be there also. mny many rats and snakes. Sean Connery would be there saying " We named the dog indianna"

Tempe Brennan
He could get stuck in a cave that has collapsed. smile

queeq
Originally posted by Nod
If they continued to he dies how do you think it will happen?

He'll sail up to heaven on a solar barge he digs up somehwere.

regina414
Originally posted by MrCampion
A film franchise can end without killing off the star.

True. I only like to see Indy retire. That's all!

queeq
Me too.

Batman Returns
indy dieing would totally suck. so no.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by P23
i hope they kill him off. i love the films dont get me wrong but it would be the best way to end the franchise. im not saying a boo hoo and feel sorry for him. make it like he went out in a blaze of glory!

Who says that's the best way to end a franchise? I want to be assured that Indy will continue his adventures and ride off like he did in the Last Crusade.

queeq
I'm sure of it. Indy cannot die.

=Tired Hiker=
Floating out into space while wearing a space suit with limited oxygen as the Earth explodes below.

Admiral Akbar
IJ is so badass he doesn't need a space suit.

queeq
laughing out loud

roughrider
It depends if George Hall's appearances in the Young Indy Chronicles (as 93 year-old Indy) is still canon. It may not be, anymore.

queeq
We will know in a couple of months.

SnakeEyes
I don't think he'll die in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

From the trailer's impression, it seems like a feel good action/adventure.

queeq
Indeed.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
umm..well I guess an honorable death. I just hope there isn't an excessive amount of crying, too much crying is annoying.

Indy never cries...!!!! mad

stick out tongue

Seriously though, it'll happen in this movie: Marion Ravenwood goes to jump on him to make his day, triggering the "Indy gets offered a shag and then promptly falls asleep" reflex - In the middle of a busy freeway. Splat.

queeq
I can hear Marion sighing already: "It must be me, Elsa got some."

Sadako of Girth
lol laughing out loud

Only in this movie it'll be his old age.

He'll actually wake up this time, but he'll have done his back in somehow. (bending over to pick up the mail that morning, maybe)

queeq
Waxing his whip, prolly.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

Both metaphorically and literally.

That mans gotta get himself some Marion action.....stat!

queeq
If she can still put out.

Sadako of Girth
Shes prolly a milf now. shifty

dant3g0
Gets eaten by Chewbacca. Happy Dance

queeq
Love the SW-Indy mingling...

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dant3g0
Gets eaten by Chewbacca. Happy Dance

"He could use a good kiss...!!!"

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Another Indy love scene line:

"...And I thought these things smelled bad on the outside!"

queeq
Or the classic: " I know."

Sadako of Girth
big grin

"THIS one goes here... THAT one goes there!"

queeq
"Hey Sallah.... may the Ark be with you."

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

"No time to argue: Throw me the Ewok, I'll throw you the whip!!!"

queeq
laughing out loud

"I'm going after that Star Destroyer."

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

CHEWIE
Roaaaaaaaaawwwrrrrrrrrrrr.

HAN
I never meant to hurt you.

CHEWIE
Maww-raawwwr rr-raaaawwwr...!

HAN
You knew what you were doing.

CHEWIE
Row-maww-rawwwrrr-rawwwwwwwrrrr.

HAN
I guess that depends on your
definition of "in love"...!!

CHEWIE (cutting in)
Mawwwwr-rr-rawwwwr!!! Rarrrr-wahhh-wrarrrr!!!

ragesRemorse
In his sleep or saving someone or choosing the wrong chalice.

queeq
Another chalice?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nod
If they continued to he dies how do you think it will happen? While receiving a group blowjob from all 3 Indy girls.

Sadako of Girth
You into granny sex then...? Far be it from me to judge....but I dont think Indy is into all that. All his women were young and fit.

Get Indy some energetic decent action at least, if this is to be his last shag!

Fisting Kate Blanchett's character while on Coke...?

Getting hold of his Son's GF from when his son was in Transformers?

Yeah If I had to go in a frenzied pro tournament bout of "Hide the sausage" with Megan Fox I would consider life to have been worthwhile...

He does deserve some decent shag action, especially to make up for the raping he suffered at the Hands of Spielberg and Lucas.

catwalk0188
hmmmmm...i love the movie...

Sadako of Girth
Its ok man, we aint gonna hate on ya.

Its great that they are releasing people back into the community so soon.....outpatients programs are making a lot of headway these days.

And people with acute perceptory problems are just as entitled to their opinion as the rest of the cinema viewing world.

(j/k) stick out tongue

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
I've gotta be honest. Since KOTCS, ive not watched any other than Raiders once in the summer. And that had a bad taste afterwards, when it closed with that warehouse shot.

The damage was too deep, integrating this piece of shit into the trilogy.
I just cant watch Raiders without the foul stain of TAOMFS rearing it's ugly head.
Im genuinely gutted.

queeq
*calls shrink*

Sadako of Girth
Its like GL and SS raped a part of my soul.

queeq
He has a very soft coach.

Sadako of Girth
He drives coaches too?

queeq
Yes, he needs you to inflate the tires.

And when you're done, you can use his sofa. wink

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhh so its not a self of self esteem he works on, but tire pressures...? Well, pressure is pressure I guess.... yes

queeq
And he'll lay it on ya.

Sadako of Girth
Like a bad mofo?

queeq
You betta believe it!

Sadako of Girth
Unnngh! Shamoannnn...! Heh....!!!

queeq
Huh?

Sadako of Girth
Those were a Micheal Jackson lyric sandwiched with by two Joe Tex and James Brown lyrics.

queeq
Ah... Michael... rrrrrriight.

Bet he'll turn up as villain in Indy 5.

Sadako of Girth
Well the CGI sheen will suit his plastic exterior well.

He should be kept well away from any under-age gophers though.

queeq
No CGI needed when Michael's on board. Quite inventive to save money.

Sadako of Girth
With classic bouts of creative* thinking like: "I think its ok for a 45 year old man to sleep in bed with other people's children" and "Of course that 30 million payout to the Chandlers was innocent", one can see the sheer "creative" slant on display by the man.

He has experience in raping childhoods neccesary for the job in question here, too.

*= 'Creativity' in this case= 'Ability to delude himself if not the world'.

queeq
Well, rape seems to be the way stars from the 80s make their come back these days. wink

Sadako of Girth
It does. stick out tongue

The world needs rapists, I guess...

....to keep the prisons busy, maybe..?

queeq
Most of these famous rapists don't end up in prison. Is Michael in prison? George? Steven? Nooo... they're out there raping the fans some more.

Sadako of Girth
There is no justice.

queeq
Money is justice.

Sadako of Girth
...when you hire a hitman, or pay tribute to your local Don..

queeq
.. or a politician... or a CEO.

Sadako of Girth
LOLed about that bank manager/national big cheese guy getting his house smashed and car mangled.

(The one who crashed our banks, and was on an ridulously big bonus/pension for it, while everbody else could go f**k themselves on account of his greed/screwing things up.)

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

queeq
It got smashed intentionally?

Sadako of Girth
Yep.

queeq
Ouch.

Sadako of Girth
Not to mention "Tee hee heeeeeee" and other laughter noises.

The f***er at least will be able to replace/repair them/move with his money.

I wouldnt have condoned physical harm to the guy, but something needed to happen to denote the disgusted reaction of a whole nation.

queeq
Even now some don't get it.

Sadako of Girth
True.

queeq
And when things go better, they prolly still won't get it.

Sadako of Girth
Some folk are just happy to be oblivious, I guess.

Take the writers of TOAS.

If they have had the vision, they could have killed Mutt and given the Soviets a real air of menace and the audience a sense of satisfaction.

But nooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Totally oblivious.

queeq
But that's also SS with his preference for happy family bliss.

Sadako of Girth
sick

Yeah his over "child worship", certainly sickens.
Even if not in a sexual sense, it can still be pretty nauseating when rammed down our collective throat as the audience..

I long for the days where he was into a reasonably nihilstic individual hellbent on showing us a man's terror as he is stalked across America's highways by the truck equivalent of a T-rex.
Or a giant shark.
And he can do family stuff well. Close Encounters was a great example of when he tries to keep it real (well as real as that movie was gonna get.)

So conclude: "Oi! Spielberg! Bring back the sense of peril/doom!!!!!!"

queeq
Or: if you HAVE to do it, make it as small and relevant as in Minority Report.

Sadako of Girth
I'd agree with that.. yes

queeq
Happy Dance

Sadako of Girth
...and then murder every character in the movie just to restore some nihilistic balance.

queeq
Ss is not into nihilism... that'd be contrary to the integrity of him as a filmmaker...

*thinks of TAOS*

*thinks of TAOS some more*

*bursts out in laughter* Integrity as a filmmaker... WOOOHAHAHAHA!

Sadako of Girth
Schindlers list was showing an awful lot of nihilistically vibed stuff.

queeq
True... but also not. "If one saves one life... "

Sadako of Girth
Well a good "Its all f***ed" story, doesn't sell without its nice rosey ending, traditionally.

I know that sounds cynical, but its true.

I do love Schindler's list though and do find myself noting that to be an anomally in the "Spielberg being better on stuff he doenst care about" theory of Dr.Kermode's.

queeq
Which was an interesting POV actually. Although, on Schindler's List I don't entirely agree with him, although he makes a good point. I felt SL showed a good balance between nazi ruthlessness shot in an almost non-caring documentary style (which IMHO was brilliant), but also showing how people can rise above themselves in great tribulation. In fact, that's WHEN people rise above themselves. The ending was quite mushy, but that's just a Spielberg trait these days. Unlike Jaws or Raiders or even Close Encounters, which had this short ending, not really resolving everything (Jaws: they still have to swim home, Raiders: what happens to the Ark, the research and whatever, where does that leave Indy?, Close Encounters: Neary leaves and what happens to the others). Lately he tends to clean everything up in a mushy way. Minority Report had that too... although luckily it was very short.

Sadako of Girth
I agree..

Horrible "MUST SHIFT MORE UNITS!!! MUST SHIFT MORE UNITS!" mentaility.

queeq
More like: "must have happy ending, must have happy ending." And then... The Terminal (personally I consider that an underestimated film) there's no such mushy ending... Fascinating.

Sadako of Girth
True.

The Terminal was a very good movie, I thought, too.

queeq
I thought it was super smooth en pretty much flawless. And quite political for Spielberg as well. His subtleness in that scene with the old cleaner on the flightline, with that great mass of armed policemen, was incredibly striking... Simple, small but a very clear statement. It doesn't need a lot of music and mush to make a point. Shows he does know what he's doing.

Sadako of Girth
Well....it shows he can still have an "On" day as opposed to the many recent "off" days.

queeq
Exactly... that's why I still have hopes for another good Spielberg movie. there's plenty to go on.

Seems like Kermode like War of the Worlds though, that was an odd turn.

Sadako of Girth
Nobodys perfect. stick out tongue

I admit I liked a lot of it.

The things that f***ed me off out of it, were Dakota "feed her to the martians, already" Fanning, Tom Cruise, Tom Cruise's irritating and invulnerable son- the luckiest f**k alive to be bought back against all odds at the end, the director Steven Spielberg for centering the movie on them.

Apart from those points it was a good movie.

queeq
It was allright, but I expected a bit more of it myself. The first 45 minutes were great, as usual with Spielberg. Even the first 20 minutes of KOTCS is at least bearable. But after that it just goes off a bit, trying to find modern angles on Wells' novel. Like the Tom Robbins bit. On itself a nice scene, but it doesn't take us anywhere. Nor does it lead Cruise to take a larger look on man's downfall. All he cares about is just his kids. Very Spielbergian, but also quite superficial. If anywhere the theme of man's vulnerability and perhaps need of humilty was fitting to work out, like Wells did, it was after the Robbins scene... but no. Alas.

Sadako of Girth
Nicely appraised.

queeq
Thanks. Kermode, eat your heart out.

Sadako of Girth
Wellllllllll Ebert, maybe......

stick out tongue

queeq
Ebert.... woohahahahaha.

Sadako of Girth
Sad git as I am, I sift through the videos on Youtube a lot, watching him and Gene Sisskel reviewing shit all the way back to the early eighties, balancing them against the hindsightness of it all.

queeq
I remember the Mad Magazine versions of them well.

Sadako of Girth
You have one up on me there, then.

I never had that mag.

queeq
Aarggh... the best movie spoofs.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah maybe LW3 wasnt the best ad for it.

queeq
LW3??

Sadako of Girth
Lethal Weapon 3

queeq
Ah... I don't get the link. Sorry.

I only read Mad in my teens, ages ago. Then the Dutch version added more Dutch elements in it and it lost its flavour. I have the Sw spoofs still somewhere, I think an Indy movie as well. And JAws, and CE3K.

Sadako of Girth
Cool.

Re: the link.

Lethal Weapon 3 has substantial amounts of dialogue referring to and discussing Mad Magazine.

queeq
Ah.... haven't seen it in a while. Now I get it.

Sadako of Girth
You wont get many other jokes though, when you watch it.

queeq
Why not?

Sadako of Girth
Well, not for any deficiencies within yourself, but the writing/way that the screenplay ended up.

"Close is a langerie shop with no front window" apparently related to an incident planned earlier in the movie where Rene Russo's character was gonna be introduced.

As various versions of the script were modified, the setup scene the line reffered to was rubbed out and that line was all that remained as a sole anomally.

queeq
Aha, one needs to be a detective to get all the clues...

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. And even then it could potentially be a miscarriage of justice....

queeq
Darn that Donner.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. stick out tongue

queeq
But... he also made Superman the Movie *angelic singing starts*

Sadako of Girth
LOL

"Rannnnnn-dooo-oooollllphhhhhhh Scooooottttttttttttttttttttttttttt."

queeq
Ah, the good ole Mel Brooks days... when he still made hilarious films.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

queeq
Quite.

Sadako of Girth
When did do you personally pinpoint the start of his downward trajectory then?

queeq
Hmmm... I think he has three really good one: Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. After that High Anxiety had some good bits so did History of the World (eben though most of it isn't funny), Silent Movie wasn't that funny but had some good ideas... I think Spaceballs was almost up to scratch.

So... basically downhill after the first three mentioned (never seen 12 Chairs BTW) with Spaceballs as a positive exception.

Sadako of Girth
Ah.

Dink.

Dink Dink.

queeq
Dink.

Sadako of Girth
Dink Dink Dink?

Dinnnnnnnnnk.

Dink Dink Dink Dink Di-Dink Dink...?

queeq
Hehehehe... Dinky jawas.

Sadako of Girth
Dink was cool, but it was no "Boooooootini".

queeq
Hehehe...

Sadako of Girth
Still awaiting Spaceballs II: The search for more money...

*Folds arms and waits expectantly*

queeq
Me too. Brooks could use s decent comeback.

Sadako of Girth
So could Spielberg. stick out tongue

queeq
But Spielberg's come back is more likely.

Sadako of Girth
Not if his recent habit of making everything shit by over-sugar coating stuff on anything that they want to make money from continues unabated..

Still hopefully youre right. Fingers crossed.

queeq
Then again: one more great vile Mel brooks film for to go out with a bang... I'd sure like that.

Sadako of Girth
It would be good to see that..

queeq
Let's ask him. We'll write the script.

Sadako of Girth
Sure. Bugger all else to do.

Indy spoof?

queeq
Hmmm... maybe we should call in Trey Parker as creative consultant.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue heheheheeee

It'd be rude not to. stick out tongue

queeq
Indeed. I'm sure we can elaborate about some extended rape scenes.

Sadako of Girth
For the extra, rapey goodness.

queeq
And other things evil doers can do to Indy.

Sadako of Girth
Like sequels to the initial raping.

queeq
The ultimate rape... over and over.

Sadako of Girth
As shown on the rape highlights.

queeq
And the extended rape scenes.

Sadako of Girth
Not to mention of course........

........the rape scenes.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>