Superman vs. Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Larceny
As recently shown.

Every thread containing the two were battles that included power ups and or different versions of the character. This is Superman vs. Black Adam as recently shown.

Avlon
Should be more interesting now that Superman's magic defense has been upgraded by the phantom stranger as a "gift."

Nod
Originally posted by Larceny
As recently shown.

Every thread containing the two were battles that included power ups and or different versions of the character. This is Superman vs. Black Adam as recently shown. Superman dude.

huh

Larceny
Originally posted by Nod
Superman dude.

huh

There a problem?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Avlon
Should be more interesting now that Superman's magic defense has been upgraded by the phantom stranger as a "gift." What issue did this happen in? I haven't been able to read comics for a few months.

quanchi112
Black Adam wins this.

Avlon
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What issue did this happen in? I haven't been able to read comics for a few months.

Superman Annual #13.

The Finale to Camelot Falls.

Entity
Should be more interesting now that Superman's magic defense has been upgraded by the phantom stranger as a "gift." Wow! I can't even remember the last time Supes got an upgrade.
Let alone one that takes away form one of his only 2 weaknesses!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Every power imaginable? Check!
Growing immunity to Kryptonite? Check!
Able to will his way past magic? Check!
Upgrading all defences and offences? Continuously checking!
dontgetit

Remaining point to the character? confused
Does not compute.

llagrok
Originally posted by Entity
Wow! I can't even remember the last time Supes got an upgrade.
Let alone one that takes away form one of his only 2 weaknesses!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Every power imaginable? Check!
Growing immunity to Kryptonite? Check!
Able to will his way past magic? Check!
Upgrading all defences and offences? Continuously checking!
dontgetit

Remaining point to the character? confused
Does not compute.

You mean that Superman is growing, like any other character?

Seriously though, if Kal has every power, what does The Eradicator have?

Nod
Originally posted by quanchi112
Black Adam wins this.

How? By being weaker, slower and not as tough?

Entity
Originally posted by llagrok
You mean that Superman is growing, like any other character?

OH MY GOD, THIS IS ****ING UNBELIEVABLE!! HOW DARE THEY! Growing in power set only thou.
Not in character depth.

What is the point to having a character with near unlimited power and no weaknesses?

Some characters grow by being powered up, some by being powered down some by completely drastic changes or only just minor to their personal lives.

I just fail to see the point to a character that becomes basically unbeatable.
If this were a story about a demi god or such fighting other demi gods and such then I'd understand.
But its not! Its a near god fighting things and people not nearly as strong as him. And its suppose to be looked upon as heroism? If he has all this power then its really no trouble or risk to save the day its just being a decent being. IMO

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nod
How? By being weaker, slower and not as tough? This guy holds nothing back and has confronted Superman before and done fine. He hits harder than Superman.

Dick Grayson
Growing in power set only thou.
Not in character depth.

What is the point to having a character with near unlimited power and no weaknesses?

Some characters grow by being powered up, some by being powered down some by completely drastic changes or only just minor to their personal lives.

If this were a story about a demi god or such fighting other demi gods and such then I'd understand.
But its not! Its a near god fighting things and people not nearly as strong as him. And its suppose to be looked upon as heroism? If he has all this power then its really no trouble or risk to save the day its just being a decent being. IMO

You don't read much Superman do you?

Nod
This guy holds nothing back and has confronted Superman before and done fine. He hits harder than Superman.

When Superman holds back yeah. Which he won't do here. Christ almighty.

pr1983
Not in character depth.

dude... that is some of the worst, most ill informed superman hate i have ever seen...

seriously, read a damn superman comic before coming in here and making judgements...

Nod
BA recently went toe to toe with Black Adam.

Unimpressive especially when he is apparently superior to Superman.

Avlon
Originally posted by pr1983
dude... that is some of the worst, most ill informed superman hate i have ever seen...

seriously, read a damn superman comic before coming in here and making judgements...

thumb up smart

Val
What's with non Superman readers commenting on his supposed lack of character depth? I notice thats a common theme among the haters.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Val
What's with non Superman readers commenting on his supposed lack of character depth? I notice thats a common theme among the haters.

Goes back to stereotypes from PC days I suppose.

Avlon
Originally posted by Val

The strange thing is that his character is exactly what makes him so compelling.

I rarely hear this complaint about the Marvel cosmics on these threads who are far more boring and usually really have no personality or weaknesses.

Hell, if the fact that they aren't invincible to everything is brought up...hell is raised.

Martian_mind
Marvel cosmics do define wooden...

emporerpants
supes beats black adam.

Soljer
Superman for a majority.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nod
When Superman holds back yeah. Which he won't do here. Christ almighty. Superman not holding back is a beast but still give the edge to Adam. Adam aims to kill ya.

pr1983
thumb up smart

aye... annoys me, that people dont seem to have reasons other than 'he's too powerful' or 'he's boring' when they've probably never sat down and actually read the comics themselves... sorry entity, but you don't like the character, thats fine, at least have a proper reason...

Originally posted by Val

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Goes back to stereotypes from PC days I suppose.

pretty much...

The strange thing is that his character is exactly what makes him so compelling.

I rarely hear this complaint about the Marvel cosmics on these threads who are far more boring and usually really have no personality or weaknesses.

Hell, if the fact that they aren't invincible to everything is brought up...hell is raised.

yup...

i do like surfer though, even though more often than not he's written badly...

Superman not holding back is a beast but still give the edge to Adam. Adam aims to kill ya.

larceny didnt say superman wasnt bloodlusted...

100% superman fighting with no restrictions, mental blocks, and fighting as smartly as he can?

superman 7/10 minimum imo... i'd give him the full ten personally, but thats just me...

Erik-Lensherr
Most of those who criticize Superman haven't read many if at all Superman comics. They say it because others do it.

batdude123
He hits harder than Superman.

Based on what?

batdude123
Originally posted by Dick Grayson
You don't read much Superman do you?

Nope.

That's coming from the same poster who believes Kyle Rayner would take a 10/10 majority over Superman.

Originally posted by Val

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Marvel cosmics do define wooden...

QFT.

pr1983
Originally posted by batdude123
Nope.

That's coming from the same poster who believes Kyle Rayner would take a 10/10 majority over Superman.

QTF.

QFT?

batdude123
QFT?

"Quoted for truth."

How long have you been on here again?

pr1983
"Quoted for truth."

How long have you been on here again?

*waits for you to read back*

quanchi112
Based on what? The death blows he has delivered and the overall nastiness of him. Supes not holding back wouldnt kill his opponents like Adam has done in the past.

batdude123
*waits for you to read back*

Well played. disgust

pr1983
Well played. disgust

big grin

batdude123
The death blows he has delivered and the overall nastiness of him.

As far as I know, Adam hasn't killed someone with Superman's level of invulnerability.

Not to mention the fact that Adam hasn't defeated the level of opponents that Superman has and does on a regular basis.

Superman holding back would still beat Teth.

Supes not holding back wouldnt kill his opponents like Adam has done in the past.

Doomsday?

quanchi112
As far as I know, Adam hasn't killed someone with Superman's level of invulnerability.

Not to mention the fact that Adam hasn't defeated the level of opponents that Superman has and does on a regular basis.

Superman holding back would still beat Teth.

Doomsday? They faced off and looked pretty equal to me. Supes has defeated more powerful opponents than Orion has but Supes cant seem to beat him. Black Adam would go for the kill while Kal's hesitation to kill would cost him this battle.

Supes killed Doomsday yes but its not in his character to murder not Doomsday is an exception. If Kal ripped someones heart out hed be having nightmares for weeks. smile

Val
Ya know, his lack of desire to kill his opponents has never held him back before.

People seriously need to get over that being an advantage.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Val
Ya know, his lack of desire to kill his opponents has never held him back before.

People seriously need to get over that being an advantage. There are certain top tiers Superman has not proven to be superior to in the dcu. Orion and Black Adam are two characters that are up for debate against the man of steel.

Val
There are certain top tiers Superman has not proven to be superior to in the dcu. Orion and Black Adam are two characters that are up for debate against the man of steel.
What does that have to do with you and others thinking Black Adam's willingness to kill is an advantage for him?

Neither Teth or Orion are going to be killing Superman anytime soon or ever, really.

Larceny
Originally posted by Val
What does that have to do with you and others thinking Black Adam's willingness to kill is an advantage for him?

Neither Teth or Orion are going to be killing Superman anytime soon or ever, really.

Thats not saying much. There isn't a being ever, herald level, abstract, or the god of dc himself that is going to kill Superman. He's too vital to the company.

Val
Thats not saying much. There isn't a being ever, herald level, abstract, or the god of dc himself that is going to kill Superman. He's too vital to the company.
Sucks for Black Adam.

Maybe now we can drop all the talk of "OMG, BA is insane and will kill before Superman ftw!"

Larceny
Originally posted by Val
Sucks for Black Adam.

Maybe now we can drop all the talk of "OMG, BA is insane and will kill before Superman ftw!"

I know. sad

Can't drop what I never started. Good fight though. ermm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Val

Neither Teth or Orion are going to be killing Superman anytime soon or ever, really. Yes you are right becuz dc loves Superman. Supes wont be killing off either of these characters either though.

lando005
a few things

first as far as the fight goes it's a toss up maybe sups 6/10 due to a slightly greater power set

secondly far as sups goes as a character, yea he is kinda stale, you know it i know it the whole wolrd knows it, and before you go saying i havent read any superman comics yes i have, just compared to other characters his personal life is a little dull aside from a few hiccups here and there that dc decides to throw us.

and what's this about marvel characters being dull? that cant be any further from the truth. Marvel defined the common man superhero and took character depth to whole new levels

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by lando005
a few things

first as far as the fight goes it's a toss up maybe sups 6/10 due to a slightly greater power set

secondly far as sups goes as a character, yea he is kinda stale, you know it i know it the whole wolrd knows it, and before you go saying i havent read any superman comics yes i have, just compared to other characters his personal life is a little dull aside from a few hiccups here and there that dc decides to throw us.

and what's this about marvel characters being dull? that cant be any further from the truth. Marvel defined the common man superhero and took character depth to whole new levels
If you claim to have read superman comics but still say hes dull then you dont read post crisis superman comics its that simple,alot of marvel characters are dull especially the higher up beings but no one seems to complain about those.

lando005
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
If you claim to have read superman comics but still say hes dull then you dont read post crisis superman comics its that simple,alot of marvel characters are dull especially the higher up beings but no one seems to complain about those. i do read post crisis mainy the b/s issues, how is marvel dull? do they have some dull characters? sure every company does, but if you look thoes characters are surfer and such, cosmic characters they arent really suppose to have the same type of connection to us as say spiderman.

Entity
If you claim to have read superman comics but still say hes dull then you dont read post crisis superman comics its that simple,alot of marvel characters are dull especially the higher up beings but no one seems to complain about those. Yea thats right anyone who is willing to see Superman for what he really is or has a different honest opinion than his fans are just ignorant.

I'll have you know, thou I'm sure no one will accept this as truth, I do happen to own allot of Superman comics and have read every one of them since I read every comic I own before I put it away. Or at least get a copy of the ones that are special. ex Death Issue of Superman still in the black bag sealed!

So yes I do read Superman and quite frankly as many of you know I do greatly dislike the character and willing admit I am biased but stand that it is for good reason and still challenge someone to prove what I say as wrong with more than just claiming the character is deep without reason and just mass iconic worship!

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by lando005
i do read post crisis mainy the b/s issues, how is marvel dull? do they have some dull characters? sure every company does, but if you look thoes characters are surfer and such, cosmic characters they arent really suppose to have the same type of connection to us as say spiderman.
Yea...that would be your problem....b/s comics arent exactly the best reading material for superman.

Entity
Yea...that would be your problem....b/s comics arent exactly the best reading material for superman. Classic! Now Supes primary source isn't enough to back his fans claims. lol

Seeing as how thats the place to find the cannon superman and the quote, unquote only real version where would you have us look?

vlaaad12345
Classic! Now Supes primary source isn't enough to back his fans claims. lol

Seeing as how thats the place to find the cannon superman and the quote, unquote only real version where would you have us look?
Since when is batman superman the primary source of superman?last time I checked his own comic book was,what claims am I making mr I complain about supermans lack of character but dont care about marvel characters and continue to ***** with no real point at all.

llagrok
Not in character depth.

This superman hate is completely unjustified.

You always know what you're talking about, but this is borderline hate or just plain bias. I used to think that Superman was a horrible character as well, until I actually read some of his comics.

lando005
Yea...that would be your problem....b/s comics arent exactly the best reading material for superman. that's why i said mainly i read other titles too but in general he just isnt someone to relate to. Not saying he's a bad character, but just a little out dated, probably would be best to make him a non earth based character or retire his charater all together making his legend and legacy even stronger

Entity
Since when is batman superman the primary source of superman?last time I checked his own comic book was,what claims am I making mr I complain about supermans lack of character but dont care about marvel characters and continue to ***** with no real point at all. ok I'm dead tired form working nearly 90 hours this week. I didn't catch the b/s or did but thought it stood for bullshit or something.

his comic was what i thought was being refered to.
This superman hate is completely unjustified.

You always know what you're talking about, but this is borderline hate or just plain bias. I used to think that Superman was a horrible character as well, until I actually read some of his comics.
What haven't I read specifically? Since you seem to know. While I haven't read everything Superman I have a shitload of his comics I collect for the comic importance. I have read all of those!

llagrok
There are certain top tiers Superman has not proven to be superior to in the dcu. Orion and Black Adam are two characters that are up for debate against the man of steel.

What top tier characters have Adam killed?

What haven't I read specifically? Since you seem to know. While I haven't read everything Superman I have a shitload of his comics I collect for the comic importance. I have read all of those!

If you've read a lot of Superman comics, then you should know that he has a lot of depth...

Entity
If you've read a lot of Superman comics, then you should know that he has a lot of depth... What I know is that he's a pointless character that is so far beyond unbelievable its unreal, no one with that much power is that much a boyscout except Jesus and God, and all his stories are the same.

Same beginning, same middle, same end!

He finds trouble, he starts to get beat, then he decides he has to win and simply wills it so because he quits being a retard with his near limitless power and lack of real weakness and "stops holding back!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

He gets everything, the fame, the power, the job, the perfect secret life, the fans, the girl, the respect, and what does he EVER lose? ...NOTHING!

He always saves everyone and the only thing he's even got to complain about is how he can't save everyone and how a planet and species he never knew is gone!

Like no one else or other hero has to deal with anything like that. When in fact the are countless that deal with that and so so so so much more.

What is the freaking point to a character with everything that loses nothing except a life he never had and gets unlimited power and a complete lack of weaknesses to compensate?

So please tell me whats deep? Where is this supposed depth you've found that I am apparently obliviously to? You keep saying he's got it but have yet to point it out. Other than just stating it.

Simply stating Superman is deep doesn't make it so!

Tony Stark
What top tier characters have Adam killed?

If you've read a lot of Superman comics, then you should know that he has a lot of depth...

That's not what Lois said...

Happy Dance

vlaaad12345
What I know is that he's a pointless character that is so far beyond unbelievable its unreal, no one with that much power is that much a boyscout except Jesus and God, and all his stories are the same.

He finds trouble, he starts to get beat, then he decides he has to win and simply wills it so because he quits being a retard with his near limitless power and lack of real weakness and "stops holding back!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

He gets everything, the fame, the power, the job, the perfect secret life, the fans, the girl, the respect, and what does he EVER lose? ...NOTHING!

He always saves everyone and the only thing he's even got to complain about is how he can't save everyone and how a planet and species he never knew is gone!

Like no one else or other hero has to deal with anything like that. When in fact the are countless that deal with that and so so so so much more.

What is the freaking point to a character with everything that loses nothing except a life he never had and gets unlimited power and a complete lack of weaknesses to compensate?

So please tell me whats deep? Where is this supposed depth you've found that I am apparently obliviously to? You keep saying he's got it but have yet to point it out. Other than just stating it.

And yet again your wrong,superman does lose,he doesnt save everyone,he doesnt have unlimited power,he has weaknesses,your going an awful long way to proving you dont read any superman comics or if you did it was pre crisis silver age im a god superman cause post crisis supes is nothing like that,you complain about supes yet practically worship marvel characters and dont complain about their boring ass cosmics its very hypocritical.

primetiva
I personally know Entity and i know for a fact that he has a shit load of superman comics among shit load of other comics and he has read them. so ya'll can just keep saying that if it makes you feel better about yourself. and he is right simply saying superman is "deep" doesnt make him deep where do you get this depth from?? im not a supes hater but i competely understand what he is saying. just bc his opinion is different from yours doesnt make him wrong either btw.

Entity
And yet again your wrong,superman does lose,he doesnt save everyone,he doesnt have unlimited power,he has weaknesses,your going an awful long way to proving you dont read any superman comics or if you did it was pre crisis silver age im a god superman cause post crisis supes is nothing like that,you complain about supes yet practically worship marvel characters and dont complain about their boring ass cosmics its very hypocritical. I hardly even read about Marvel cosmics. Where have I posted in tremdious prase of the cosmics in marvel? Maybe a few things about surfer but even then I don't read allot of him unless its cross overs.

And if I'm wrong about Supes quit just saying it repeatedly and tell me what are his weaknesses?

Kryptonite? He's all but completely immune now remember?
Magic? All he has to do is over power it with will and appearently he's gaining immunity form it now too.

What powers doesn't he have?
Anything he couldn't already do he's gained at one point or another when he needed it most. And NO I'm not talking about PC Supes, post has too.

T-Vo anyone? The cure all of power limitations. And thats just the worst example there are so many more.

Oh and please tell me, WHEN HAS HE LOST? EVER?
His fight with Doomsday? Oh yea he killed him and return form the dead because of all reasons he refused to stay dead! I wasn't aware anyone had a choice but apparently he has yet that power as well!

Who has he not saved? Can you name a few? Or better yet just 2 or 3!
Or even better just one!

If you can name more than 1 I will be truly shocked. Alica on Smallville is the ONLY one I've ever seen. Not counting his father who died of a heartattack which is just part of life but they don't even add that to the comic.

Smallville Supes is the only one I can even accept because he's not so damned perfect.

Entity
Originally posted by primetiva
I personally know Entity and i know for a fact that he has a shit load of superman comics among shit load of other comics and he has read them. so ya'll can just keep saying that if it makes you feel better about yourself. and he is right simply saying superman is "deep" doesnt make him deep where do you get this depth from?? im not a supes hater but i competely understand what he is saying. just bc his opinion is different from yours doesnt make him wrong either btw. Thanks Michelle.

ankur29
i dont understand.........

can someone please tell me the realation between CM,black adam and wonderwoman in terms of physical attributes & compared to superman

... i mean speed strength,durability wise ... who is closest to supes all have been called on par or equal?

Rorschach

Entity
Originally posted by ankur29
i dont understand.........

can someone please tell me the realation between CM,black adam and wonderwoman in terms of physical attributes & compared to superman

... i mean speed strength,durability wise ... who is closest to supes all have been called on par or equal? Captain Marvel and Black Adam are exact equals. And they're pretty much Superman without heat vision and instead of solar power their source is magic. Wonder Woman is like the female version of Supes nowadays but also Magic based and a few different abilities but similar levels.

She's not quite as strong, or durable and I don't believe anywhere near as fast.

I honesty haven't read much on WW except for her parts in events and such.

Entity
The stories that center on him personally all have the same them to them. How many of those focused on those around him and not him directly? Its because its almost the only way to tell an interesting Superman story. Tell about the interest around him. They are far more interesting and deep than Clark himself.

More or less the new Jesus without the suffering the real one had.

And which of those are even cannon?

Rorschach
Who has he not saved? Can you name a few? Or better yet just 2 or 3!
Or even better just one!

If you can name more than 1 I will be truly shocked.

Sam Lane
Some of the survivors of the Pocket Universe created by TT
Karvus Khun, Kerrt, and Rik Sunn

Will that do?

Rorschach

UniOmni
Stalemate, or edge to Superman if i had to choose.

He's the flagship, so he's gonna be the winner at the end of the day, minor push behind Adam be damned.

DD had his moment of glory, only to devolve into DD Rex and then clones, and then the Supermen destruction brigade.

Teth could win, since hv is a small factor, and brawn would meet brawn, but that won't fly with this board.

nvrbeenwthagirl
What I know is that he's a pointless character that is so far beyond unbelievable its unreal, no one with that much power is that much a boyscout except Jesus and God, and all his stories are the same.

You seem really biased. I hate superman. But boring he's not. Now let me tell you what is boring. THe silver surfer who can create planets and gets beaten in one blast by Thanos or around thanos every rip. That is boring. Thor is boring. All those damned powers that just fall out of his ass. You know who else is boring, freaking Reed richards. He ****ing creates shit to beat the LT. Dr. strange, Boring. A Human mystich becomes so powerful that he commands the presence of abstracts. Where is the excitement in that if He can do so much? Get the point? IT's so easy to see the shit side of comics if you look for it. I'd rather look for good art, a good story, and some fun and fantasy. Superman is what his name stands for. A SUPERIOR MAN.

UniOmni
Superman is more interesting than Thor or Surfer, but that's more due to mishandling on the part of their writers, than of Supermans own merit.

Superman more interesting than Strange or the FF4 isn't really true.

Val
Originally posted by UniOmni
Superman is more interesting than Thor or Surfer, but that's more due to mishandling on the part of their writers, than of Supermans own merit.

Superman more interesting than Strange or the FF4 isn't really true.
Since when is it fact what character is more interesting than the other? haermm

Val
Smallville Supes is the only one I can even accept because he's not so damned perfect.
Joke? Clark's Creek is a pretty terrible show.

Badabing
Originally posted by Val

confused

eek!

crylaugh

D-Block
BA FTW.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Val
Since when is it fact what character is more interesting than the other? haermm

When the one eye that sees all is the one who says it is so.

And Classic Rogue is teh best!

nvrbeenwthagirl
BA is a beast. But Superman he aint. He won't be able to keep up with that speed. BA has like No speed feats to match superman's. And he's been ****ed up in powered up mode by martian vision. He will falter under and onslaught of all of those powers superman has.

Martian_mind
I remember that fight in Obsidian age....

Twas actually a downright beatdown of the JLA.

D-Block
I wonder why MM's martian vision messed BA up but Supes heat vision does nothing to Captain Marvel I'll call it bad writing unless people thinks martian vision is more powerful than Supes heat vision. Any thoughts?

Larceny
Originally posted by D-Block
I wonder why MM's martian vision messed BA up but Supes heat vision does nothing to Captain Marvel I'll call it bad writing unless people thinks martian vision is more powerful than Supes heat vision. Any thoughts?

One, because Martian vision is generally depicted as being slightly superior to HV, and two, Black Adam continued whopping MM's ass after the attack.

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
BA is a beast. But Superman he aint. He won't be able to keep up with that speed. BA has like No speed feats to match superman's. And he's been ****ed up in powered up mode by martian vision. He will falter under and onslaught of all of those powers superman has.

I like when you speak of characters you know nothing about.

BA's matched Flash in speed before, and this is while he was in the speed force.

D-Block
One, because Martian vision is generally depicted as being slightly superior to HV, and two, Black Adam continued whopping MM's ass after the attack.

Oh ok good look on the info I didn't know Martian vision was slightly superior to HV and yes BA did drag MM in every fight they had in WW3.

UniOmni

That's not really true at all.

A few months ago, i'd have thought it insane to hear anyone say MV does more damage to a Shazamer than HV, but maybe Superman doesn't have to be > MM in everything.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Val

SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEE MEEE!!!!!

Val
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
SOMEBODY SAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEE MEEE!!!!!
Tune in next week to see if Lana can give Clark an even bigger case of blue balls!

UniOmni
Yeah, they really need to take Lana out of the picture.

It's like watching reruns, with little to no character development or progression, at all.

Supernatural has been on for only 2.5 years, and they've already made so much progress, the director of Smallville should be ashamed.

carver9
black adam 7/10

Larceny
bump

Nod
Superman.

Erik-Lensherr
Superman

Larceny
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Superman

No. mad

Grinning Goku
Yes. yes

Fixed.

Larceny
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Fixed.

Nope. It's as easy as presenting an argument. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman is far too fast for BA. He's got more offensive powers, and More creative use of the powers he has. BA isn't skilled enough or doesn't have enough reflexes to react to multiple attacks from Superman.

Larceny
Superman is far too fast for BA. He's got more offensive powers, and More creative use of the powers he has. BA isn't skilled enough or doesn't have enough reflexes to react to multiple attacks from Superman.

This guy and this speed nonsense is getting ridiculous. Do you purposely ignore evidence or is it just for shits and giggles.

Is making his HV reflect off walls gonna make it any more effective?

Here we go with the reflexes bullshit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
This guy and this speed nonsense is getting ridiculous. Do you purposely ignore evidence or is it just for shits and giggles.

Is making his HV reflect off walls gonna make it any more effective?

Here we go with the reflexes bullshit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Are you dumb or what? Superman is Far faster than BA. and BA has like NO reaction or reflex feats that show he could keep up for long. As a matter of fact, he tires when pushed for too long in prolonged high speed situations. Superman Does not.

horrorwolf
The problem with Superman is he doesnt use abilites he supposedly has on such a consistent level that he may as well not have them.

Case in point. He should theoretically be able to find Lex Luthor, apprehend him and keep him jailed within milliseconds, but never has or does.

Why cause it would mean he is fully utilizing his abilities in a smart and effective manner, killing any storyline.

Therefore we get lame stories with Kent "holding back" and Lex free to cause hell....just so Superman can save the day.

Larceny
Are you dumb or what? Superman is Far faster than BA. and BA has like NO reaction or reflex feats that show he could keep up for long. As a matter of fact, he tires when pushed for too long in prolonged high speed situations. Superman Does not.

No, Nvr, I'm not dumb, However I'm also not blind.

Prove it Nvr. Prove Superman's combat speed is superior to Adam's. I don't want your biased, mindless, opinion, I want concrete evidence.

What the hell are you talking about?

horrorwolf

Superman tires as well, see Death of Superman.

also it is highly debatable if captain Marvel/Black Adam's powers and abilities are actually weaker than Superman's or not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by horrorwolf

laughing laughing laughing

OMG. LMAO. I know you aren't using that. Superman has had at least one upgrade since then for sure. Maybe one more. laughing laughing laughing And Superman was fighting someone who was so fast that he blitzed the flash. BA isn't that fast.

horrorwolf

OMG. LMAO. I know you aren't using that. Superman has had at least one upgrade since then for sure. Maybe one more. laughing laughing laughing And Superman was fighting someone who was so fast that he blitzed the flash. BA isn't that fast.

Laugh if you will...
but the fact is that Superman still tires, exhausts and he still depletes his stored solar energies.

Larceny

also it is highly debatable if captain Marvel/Black Adam are weaker than Superman.

It's really not debatable. Not only has Marvel stalemated Superman in strength on numerous occasions but he's even did fairly well against an Eclipso amped Superman, going as far as catching his fist in mid swing. Funny considering Adam is usually depicted as slightly superior to Marvel.

Larceny

Superman isn't faster than Flash. no expression

nvrbeenwthagirl
Laugh if you will...
but the fact is that Superman still tires, exhausts and he still depletes his stored solar energies.

Prove it. Show me something where superman depletes during battle at high speeds and tiring.

horrorwolf
It's really not debatable. Not only has Marvel stalemated Superman in strength on numerous occasions but he's even did fairly well against an Eclipso amped Superman, going as far as catching his fist in mid swing. Funny considering Adam is usually depicted as slightly superior to Marvel.

Thats my point.

There is no proof if BA is stronger than Superman or not. Especially since DC has tried to lessen the power of the Marvels since they took ownership of the characters.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman isn't faster than Flash. no expression

Are you dumb or what? Doomsday is the one who blitzed flash. He caught him by surprise. Stop trolling my damned posts looking for shit to comment on you lame.

horrorwolf
Prove it. Show me something where superman depletes during battle at high speeds and tiring.

I dont need to. The fact that he consumes Solar power underlines that fact.

if he didn't need to charge, he would have no use for Earth's sun whatsoever.

Larceny
Are you dumb or what? Doomsday is the one who blitzed flash. He caught him by surprise. Stop trolling my damned posts looking for shit to comment on you lame.

Are you talking about the death of Superman arc before anyone had eclipsed light speed?

Reported.

horrorwolf

thats not necessary.

horrorwolf

One Theory was that Black Adam is more powerful than Captain Marvel because his power wasn't shared...but recently they appear to be more equal.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I dont need to. The fact that he consumes Solar power underlines that fact.

if he didn't need to charge, he would have no use for Earth's sun whatsoever.
That is not even how superman's power works. He metabolizes sun light. He stores it and converts it for energy. He doesn't just sit up there and charge like a battery and then runs out.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Are you talking about the death of Superman arc before anyone had eclipsed light speed?

Reported.

Before anyone had eclipsed Light speed? What Barry allen was doing that back in the PC days.

batdude123

horrorwolf
That is not even how superman's power works. He metabolizes sun light. He stores it and converts it for energy. He doesn't just sit up there and charge like a battery and then runs out.

for him to metabolize anything he would have to have room for it...meaning he has to burn it off.

uh...The reason "sundip" is thrown around so much, is because it is Superman in fully charged mode.

He doesnt remain in that status because he burns up and depletes these solar energies. His source of power and what makes him "Super" has always been Earths Sun. He does deplete solar energy, and he does require and feed on solar energy.

Martian_mind

I'd be willing to bet the farm that he's faster than Jay Garrick, however.

IIRC Jay downright stated it in this years JSA/JLA crossover...

nvrbeenwthagirl
for him to metabolize anything he would have to have room for it...meaning he has to burn it off.

uh...The reason "sundip" is thrown around so much, is because it is Superman in fully charged mode.

He doesnt remain in that status because he burns up and depletes these solar energies. His source of power and what makes him "Super" has always been Earths Sun. He does deplete solar energy, and he does require and feed on solar energy.

You are sooooooooooo wrong about superman's sun amp. Sun amp doesn't mean he's fully charged. IT means he beyond his normal capacity. That is why it wears off. OMG. I'm not even a superman fan and I know this. ANd he doesn't need the earth's sun to make him super. What about all those trips he takes in space away from any suns? come now.

batdude123
Originally posted by Martian_mind
IIRC Jay downright stated it in this years JSA/JLA crossover...

And there it is. thumb up

horrorwolf
You are sooooooooooo wrong about superman's sun amp. Sun amp doesn't mean he's fully charged. IT means he beyond his normal capacity. That is why it wears off. OMG. I'm not even a superman fan and I know this. ANd he doesn't need the earth's sun to make him super. What about all those trips he takes in space away from any suns? come now.

no it wears off because he depletes it with activity. In fact, if the sun was permanently removed from existence or destroyed, Superman would still be Super but only for an undetermined amount of time before becoming relatively human.

not to mention if he had to fully exert himself in a fight during this time.

nvrbeenwthagirl
no it wears off because he depletes it with activity. In fact, if the sun was permanently removed from existence or destroyed, Superman would still be Super but only for an undetermined amount of time before becoming relatively human.
Um. No. Krytonians can metabolize other energy sources. As a matter of fact, superman once developed a whole new and better power set after being depowered.

horrorwolf
Um. No. Krytonians can metabolize other energy sources. As a matter of fact, superman once developed a whole new and better power set after being depowered.

Jor-El and knew that raising Clark under Earth's Sun would give his son vast abilities and superpowers. That was the reason they sent him to earth. They CAN metabolize other sources for energies but that is not NEARLY as effective or ideal. Nothing makes him more super than the solar energies of our Sun.

batdude123
Jor-El and knew that raising Clark under Earth's Sun would give his son vast abilities and superpowers. That was the reason they sent him to earth. They CAN metabolize other sources for energies but that is not NEARLY as effective or ideal. Nothing makes him more super than the solar energies of our Sun.

IIRC, blue stars make him even more powerful.

Symmetric Chaos

crazy

horrorwolf

Thats correct just as red suns deplete his powers.

But my point was that he does deplete his stored energies.
He is not at a point where he doesn't exhaust.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thats correct just as red suns deplete his powers.

But my point was that he does deplete his stored energies.
He is not at a point where he doesn't exhaust.
NO. Red Suns deplete his powers. When has he exausted his powers during a hight speed battle. Which was the original context of discussion. NOt that it matters, he's way faster than BA and BA can't sustain high speed for a long time.

horrorwolf
NO. Red Suns deplete his powers. When has he exausted his powers during a hight speed battle. Which was the original context of discussion. NOt that it matters, he's way faster than BA and BA can't sustain high speed for a long time.

The point was that he does exhaust eventually...and does deplete his stored energies. This point can be made better if the earths sun was destroyed and superman had to fight.

If you remember NightFall the sun went out and it was like somewhere between weeks to a couple of months before superman started to lose power. But he did. He does deplete at an unspecified rate....and will continue to do so until he reaches human status.

horrorwolf
BA can't sustain high speed for a long time.

Thats debatable.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The point was that he does exhaust eventually...and does deplete his stored energies. This point can be made better if the earths sun was destroyed and superman had to fight.

If you remember NightFall the sun went out and it was like somewhere between weeks to a couple of months before superman would lstarted to lose power. He does deplete at an unspecified rate....and will continue to do so until he reaches human status.
Every time superman repowers from being depleted, he gets an upgrade. Whos' to say that even applies anymore? The point is, Superman hasn't depleted during a highspeed battle to my knowlege. NOt that it matters, he's at least 5 times faster than BA. And BA doesn't have the skills or reflexes to keep up. And you act as if Superman "depleting" would have any bearing on bLack adam's muscles tearing form trying to keep up highspeed combat.

batdude123
Thats debatable.

It's a proven fact, actually. erm

horrorwolf
Every time superman repowers from being depleted, he gets an upgrade. Whos' to say that even applies anymore? The point is, Superman hasn't depleted during a highspeed battle to my knowlege. NOt that it matters, he's at least 5 times faster than BA. And BA doesn't have the skills or reflexes to keep up. And you act as if Superman "depleting" would have any bearing on bLack adam's muscles tearing form trying to keep up highspeed combat.

Point Being.

You may not want it or like it, but as far as we know, regardless of so called "getting upgraded or not" after being tapped, Superman still depletes solar energies and still requires them.

horrorwolf
It's a proven fact, actually. erm

So prove it.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Point Being.

You may not want it or like it, but as far as we know, regardless of so called "getting upgraded or not" after being tapped, Superman still depletes solar energies and still requires them.

Take your advice and prove that Superman depletes from Battle.

batdude123
So prove it.

http://img7.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc24&image=eb1fd_flash4.jpg
http://img144.imagevenue.com/view.php?loc=loc24&image=cfd2f_flash5.jpg

nvrbeenwthagirl
So prove it.

BA couldn't sustain his speed when running with Supers and Jay. I believe that is what happened. His muscles started to give out or something.

horrorwolf
Lets look at Marvels powers.

The Wisdom of Solomon, far wiser than Clark.
The Strength of Hercules, legendary but with upgrade after upgrade, Superman would get the edge here.
Stamina of Atlas, the mortal that was so tough he could lift and hold up the world for insane periods of time, I've never heard of Superman actually sustaining such a mass for so long. (maybe while under a blue star)
the Power of Zeus, king of the gods, as we all know, Supes usually sucks vs. Magic (...but of course...maybe he was upgraded AGAIN)
Courage of Achilles (lacks fear or hesitation in battle when necessary)
The speed of Mercury certainly as fast as the Flash or faster according to Mythology.

Then its commonly said that Black Adam could actually be stronger...I dont see Superman winning the majority.

Now.. it is certainly a fact that DC really has been trying to water Cap down to make superman stronger since they gained the ownership of the characters....but certainly he was more powerful initially than Superman....who seem to be the king of upgrades....and every unused power imaginable. But I think Adam is at least Supermans' equal in most respects...without the weaknesses.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Lets look at Marvels powers.

The Wisdom of Solomon, far wiser than Clark.
The Strength of Hercules, legendary but with upgrade after upgrade, Superman would get the edge here.
Stamina of Atlas, the mortal that was so tough he could lift and hold up the world for insane periods of time, I've never heard of Superman actually sustaining such a mass for so long. (maybe while under a blue star)
the Power of Zeus, king of the gods, as we all know, Supes usually sucks vs. Magic (...but of course...maybe he was upgraded AGAIN)
Courage of Achilles (lacks fear or hesitation in battle when necessary)
The speed of Mercury certainly as fast as the Flash or faster according to Mythology.

Then its commonly said that Black Adam could actually be stronger...I dont see Superman winning the majority.

Now.. it is certainly a fact that DC really has been trying to water Cap down to make superman stronger since they gained the ownership of the characters....but certainly he was more powerful initially than Superman....who seem to be the king of upgrades....and every unused power imaginable. But I think Adam is at least Supermans' equal in most respects...without the weaknesses.

The summary of powers is cute. IT doesn't change the fact that Superman wins more often than not. IF we were going by myth, then Wonder Woman beats Black Adam hands down. She has the strength of Geae herself. And the stamina. The speed of Hermes who is faster than Mercury. Get my drift. Power sets alone do not tell the tale.

horrorwolf
The summary of powers is cute. IT doesn't change the fact that Superman wins more often than not. IF we were going by myth, then Wonder Woman beats Black Adam hands down. She has the strength of Geae herself. And the stamina. The speed of Hermes who is faster than Mercury. Get my drift. Power sets alone do not tell the tale.

Powersets are DEFINITELY cute, yet they also are necessary to evaluate a win/lose scenario versus another superhero.

But as we know Superman has been through so many upgrades since Captain Marvel was created that its not even funny....

Superman was created leaping buildings. He did not originally fly. Captain Marvel when he was created a year later has his CURRENT powerset and it has remained...and if anything been weakenly by DC. Only after Marvel came along with the powers of Gods did Superman start flying and shooting lasers from his eyes.

Back on topic...BA should be equal to Superman...but DC won't allow it, as they were jealous and obviously highly threatened by the Shazam characters.

horrorwolf
Similar to how Wonderwoman was killed and resurrected by Zeus to make her stronger.

and the whole Doomsday Superman fiasco...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Similar to how Wonderwoman was killed and resurrected by Zeus to make her stronger.

and the whole Doomsday Superman fiasco...

That was upgrade number two for Diana. I believe she may have gotten one more after circe turned her other form human. She was shocked that the blade cut her. Before, She would have been cut by a blade as she had piercing and cutting weakness.

horrorwolf
That was upgrade number two for Diana. I believe she may have gotten one more after circe turned her other form human. She was shocked that the blade cut her. Before, She would have been cut by a blade as she had piercing and cutting weakness.

I know, it was just an example for character pumping that is currently killing comics.

Our character sucks so we will re-invent them. Thus making any debate like this pretty much pointless.

There is absolutely no way to determine if WW would win in a toe to toe battle with Black Adam unless some writer at DC did, and I'm pretty sure Black Adam would probably job just like DS usually does.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I know, it was just an example for character pumping.

Our character sucks so we will re-invent them. Thus making any debate like this pretty much pointless.

There is absolutely no way to determine if WW would win in a toe to toe battle with Black Adam unless some writer at DC did, and I'm pretty sure Black Adam would probably job just like DS usually does.

So if she gets a legitmate win or stalemates him then BA is jobbing?

So the fights against:
Zoom
Kid Amazo
Primaid
Daxamite
Etrigan
Supergirl
Power Girl
Martian Manhunter
Captain Atom
Sinestro Corps Members
Doomsday Clone
Evil Flash
Sun Amped Superman
Superman Doomsday thing
Vampire Superman
Super Woman
Captain Nazi
Mean what? That everyone was just jobbering to Wonder Woman and she really is like a streel lvl brawler who happened to two a third of the earth against Magic and the sun?

quanchi112
Black Adam wins.

horrorwolf
Its just my opinion. Leave it if you wish.

But BA is believed to be > Captain Marvel

and Marvel = Superman...but magically endowed instead of nature.

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sb04171jv.jpg

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sb04166ml.jpg

If you think WW can take Superman thats on you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Black Adam wins.

NOt against Superman he doesn't.

quanchi112
NOt against Superman he doesn't. Yes he does.

Kento
Superman

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes he does.
BA's face was melted by Martian Vision. HV>>MV.

HV One shotted Despero.

Superman is far faster. BA couldn't keep up with supers or Jay. And Jay even says superman is faster than he.

Superman has far better control of his powers.

BA doesn't have that great of reflexes and he can't sustain High speed battle.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Kento
Okay I've been reading this whole thread out of boredom but don't know who would win since I know little about Adam and only read WW in JLA but I have a question nvr. When you say Doomsday clones you're not talking about in Batman/Superman when Supergirl gets taken are you? Besides that I can't decide who would win just by reading the thread though seems it could probably go either way.

exactly. But keep in mind, BA is said to > Captain Marvel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kento
Okay I've been reading this whole thread out of boredom but don't know who would win since I know little about Adam and only read WW in JLA but I have a question nvr. When you say Doomsday clones you're not talking about in Batman/Superman when Supergirl gets taken are you? Besides that I can't decide who would win just by reading the thread though seems it could probably go either way.

No. I'm talking about THE Doomsday clone in Wonder Woman that was stronger than the original doomsday. It was drawing power from the entire city's grid. It was so strong that it kept up a fight with WOndy and Herculese at the same time.

quanchi112
BA's face was melted by Martian Vision. HV>>MV.

HV One shotted Despero.

Superman is far faster. BA couldn't keep up with supers or Jay. And Jay even says superman is faster than he.

Superman has far better control of his powers.

BA doesn't have that great of reflexes and he can't sustain High speed battle. Man he was fighting against pretty much all the heroes on earth. Firestorm,Alan Scott and company were getting there asses kicked and he let MM get away. Black Adam fought Supes and it was even steven. smile If the fight would have lasted longer Adam would have won.

quanchi112
No. I'm talking about THE Doomsday clone in Wonder Woman that was stronger than the original doomsday. It was drawing power from the entire city's grid. It was so strong that it kept up a fight with WOndy and Herculese at the same time. You really believe the clone could defeat the hunter and prey version. laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
Man he was fighting against pretty much all the heroes on earth. Firestorm,Alan Scott and company were getting there asses kicked and he let MM get away. Black Adam fought Supes and it was even steven. smile If the fight would have lasted longer Adam would have won.

Are you misinformed? BA had an upgrade during his fight with all the world's heroes. And yet his face still got melted. Nice try. And BA was even steven becuz Superman always holds back.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You really believe the clone could defeat the hunter and prey version. laughing

are you dumb or what? Did I say hunter prey? I said stronger than the original. DOS

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>