Filming on Mt. Etna in Italy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Heads up from TF.N:

What do you think?

LanceWindu
I think it's a load of bull.

They will need to film the characters there as well, yet they aren't ready for that.

queeq
Wher's the link?

And I don't agree Lance. They may use the lava shots to be used later on as background when OB1 and Anakin fight in front of blue screens. But still, one would need something like a storyboard at least to get some idea of what kind of background shots you'd need.... So I don't know.

Where's the article link then?

finti
try the volcano big grin

Julie
I feel that the old discussion on whether or not there's going to be a volcano scene will be reopened.

Captain REX
Probably...

I can't find the link again. Damned huge history files!

Plus, the volcano is active NOW. It might be inactive again when they start filming Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling or whatever they are using the volcano for.

It's not hard evidence, though.

Ushgarak
Technically speaking, no volcano can become inactive AGAIN as inactive is a permanent thing. You mean dormant.

Julie
so we do a lot of talking.....is that so wrong?????? talk talk....and debate and discuss and well you get the idea

Ushgarak
Err... I can't quite see why you made that comment, Julie!

Dim
I can't believe you actually swing the arguement around to whether a volcano is inactive or dormant...who cares? roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's good planning on LF's part to get him out there and taking advantage of events...hopefully that will make the actual scene that much more specatular.

Ushgarak
*I* care, and I do not give a stuff what you think about that. I see no reason not to correct inaccuracy of any sort when I see it.

Dim
As long as you don't see yourself as anal I guess roll eyes (sarcastic)

I looked up some photos of Mt. Etna...they look pretty surreal. all brown and conical.

finti
Actually Mt Etna is an active volcano, dormant periods are very rare.
Just to get the correct aspect on Mt Etna wink

Ushgarak
Ah! Interesting...

I guess he could be doing all the bits he KNOWS will happen out of the way now (like shooting one of the ep. iii scenes in Tunisia during th AOTC shooting).

finti
man and it is still three more years sad

Ushgarak
Dreadful, eh?

finti
yes it is

Ushgarak
It is also worth nothing that this 'filiming' could actually just be so they can get a good idea of what a real volcano looks like, for design purposes.

finti
or just have something to work on

Ushgarak
Indeed. Like they took shots of waterfalls to help with making the CG ones at Naboo.

queeq
Fair enough. Preparatory work anyway. Clever thinking.

aneekin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.