Ancient Persia vs. Ancient China

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
While musing through thoughts of war in my head, as I often do, I arrived at a rather trivial question. Why hadn't China and Persia ever been in a direct conflict.

They were in such close vicinity to one another that it's remarkable that neither great empires attempted to Conquer one another. Perhaps it was because China was preoocupied with the Barbarians to the North and the Japanest to the East, and Persia was busy trying to conquor the Western lands of Europe that they never truly crossed paths.

So to end my musings, who do you think would have won if these two empires went to war.

Lets say this is at the time of the Three Kingdom's Era in China. Lets say that Lie Bei, Cao Cao, and Sun Jian have decided to ally with each other once more to take on a common threat.

The Persian's are being led by non-other than Saladin himself. Who would win?

anaconda
huh? what western lands of Europe do you have in mind?

Tallis
Greece....

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Tallis
Why hadn't China and Persia ever been in a direct conflict.

Because they didn't coexist. When Thermopylae happened, 'China' didn't exist yet; it was a bunch of disunited tribes.

And I'm of the opinion that if Xerxes would've marched into China, he would've cleaned house with little trouble.

Originally posted by Tallis
Greece....

You said Western Europe.

anaconda
yup

yup

Tallis
We're getting a bit off topic.....

anaconda
ehh no, you metioned western lands of Europe, we asked which ones

Tallis
which doesn't answer who would win between China and Persia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.