Captain America Vs Predator H2H

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
Warrior
or
Elder

Who wins?

psycho gundam
if arnie could do it, steve can better

endrict
Arnie didn't fight A Elder Predator.

123KID
Arnie also didn't beat a Predator H2H
he tried to attack it, got WTFpwned and crawled the hell away before he got murdered

no human in the movies ever went one-on-one with a Pred in melee and won except Glover but he had several key advantages such as the Predator he was fighting only had one arm

Alfheim
He beats the warrior and prossibly the elder to. I heard though that an Elder can kill a nest of aliens with its bare hands.....

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim
He beats the warrior and prossibly the elder to. I heard though that an Elder can kill a nest of aliens with its bare hands.....

Elders kill Queens with their bare hands. Cap is getting his ass kicked.

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Elders kill Queens with their bare hands. Cap is getting his ass kicked.

That in itself doesnt prove that Cap loses. Im pretty sure Executioner could kill a Queen with his bare hands as well an Cap put him falt on his back.

123KID
can Cap take several 12 guage shotgun blasts to his unprotected chest and get up and keep fighting ?

Alfheim
Originally posted by 123KID
can Cap take several 12 guage shotgun blasts to his unprotected chest and get up and keep fighting ?

Not at point blank yes but he possibly could at long range. Even if he couldnt that doesnt prove anything.

I think I saw scans of him where he had been hit by bullets from an uzi at close range and he was laughing. Yeah he had his kevlar but its possible than he could take a 12 gauge at long distance.

cowboy
Elder Pred takes it but it could go any way IMO because i have never seen a pred use some form of a MMA style but they rely on there strenght and weponds when there h2h

grey fox
Not at point blank yes but he possibly could at long range. Even if he couldnt that doesnt prove anything.

I think I saw scans of him where he had been hit by bullets from an uzi at close range and he was laughing. Yeah he had his kevlar but its possible than he could take a 12 gauge at long distance.

So...you DIDN'T read Caps death ?

123KID
yes it does
because the Predator in 2 took about 5 close-range shots from a shotgun then got the wounds filled with liquid nitrogen and kept fighting

Mr. Slippyfist
Dredd killed a Pred...

grey fox
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Dredd killed a Pred...

Dredd has futuristic weaponry and killed a dying predator.

It'd be akin to fighting a guy in the later stages of cancer.

Mr. Slippyfist
Dredd has futuristic weaponry and killed a dying predator.

It'd be akin to fighting a guy in the later stages of cancer. Wasn't it a Predator that wanted to die?

Been a while since I read it.

grey fox
Wasn't it a Predator that wanted to die?

Been a while since I read it.

Nah, pretty sure it WANTED to die BECAUSE it was dying.

Ie : It wanted to 'go out with a bang' and kill as many prey as possible.

CosmicSurfer
Elders kill Queens with their bare hands.

NO WAY. blink

You got scans of this?

Battlehammer
capt would competely out fight the pred.

braz
yes it does
because the Predator in 2 took about 5 close-range shots from a shotgun then got the wounds filled with liquid nitrogen and kept fighting

it was actually 9 or 10.

Alfheim
So...you DIDN'T read Caps death ?

Didnt you get the memo he had strength dampeners on. erm

yes it does

Sorry your reasoning is terrible Cap has floored people who are much more durable than that. Cap KOs bulletproof monsters for breakfast.

grey fox

Sorry your reasoning is terrible Cap has floored people who are much more durable than that. Cap KOs bulletproof monsters for breakfast.

Yes 'Strength' Dampeners. F*ck all to do with Durability. He still got ventilated.

Battlehammer
Yes 'Strength' Dampeners. F*ck all to do with Durability. He still got ventilated.

actaully quite a few individual mention that capt should not have been killed by the damage he recieved and that he has taken worse. They all assume it was due to the strength dampers which I think made every one of capts abilities set to normal humans.

Alfheim

LOL thats the whole reason why he got killed. He has many feats where his durability resists gunfire even without the Kevlar, so obvoulsy the strength dampeners where why he was able to get shot. confused

LittleMac
How to change your IP address. It might not work for everyone.

Battlehammer
LOL thats the whole reason why he got killed. He has many feats where his durability resists gunfire even without the Kevlar, so obvoulsy the strength dampeners where why he was able to get shot. confused

resists gun fire? No he still gets shot period. He just tends to fair rather well from the effects which may be do to his durability/slash slight healing factor of sorts.

why would the strength damper stop capt from being shot?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Battlehammer
resists gun fire? No he still gets shot period. He just tends to fair rather well from the effects which may be do to his durability/slash slight healing factor of sorts.

why would the strength damper stop capt from being shot?

Hes bullet resistant ie he gets injured by bullets but they do less damage. Even if you wear a bulletproof vest you can still get injured. .

Battlehammer
Hes bullet resistant ie he gets injured by bullets but they do less damage. Even if you wear a bulletproof vest you can still get injured. .
true,but it would stop the bullet piercing you. However in capt case if he shot it will go right into him/through him. He will not feel as damage as a normal human would,but to an on looker it would look as if a normal person was shot.

Alfheim
true,but it would stop the bullet piercing you. However in capt case if he shot it will go right into him/through him. He will not feel as damage as a normal human would,but to an on looker it would look as if a normal person was shot.

Bro Steve was shot in the shoulder with a big **** off caliber gun (without kevlar) , if he did not have ehanced durability his arm would have been blown the **** off.

edit : my bad its was 38 calber at any rate its not just pain resistance we know for a fact that he has enhanced durabiltiy just by looking at his other showings.

Citizen V

No, it's already been stated that they had dapened his powers so much so that he could barely stand.

He's taken bullets like that to the stomach before and been unphased by them.

Alfheim

Also bare in mind if a bulletproof vest was flesh it would bleed as well. Bullets dont just bounce off vests they leave marks and penetrate the vest to an extent but not fully.

Caps flesh is like that, he'll get wounded but his flesh and bones will resist the bullets doing further damage

123KID
Spidey has been hurt by bullets....
Cap most definitely should be able to be hurt by them

Alfheim
Spidey has been hurt by bullets....
Cap most definitely should be able to be hurt by them

I didnt say he couldnt I said he was bullet resistant. Stop being argumentative and come with some good points. no expression

braz
A Warrior loses, An Elder wins.

snoopdogg
Dredd killed a Pred... Did you read that comic? The Predator kills like a dozen Judges and was taking down War Droids with ease. Oh, and Dredd shot the Predator in the back after he took down the last War Droid.

The Predator let Dredd win as the Predator wanted to die or some sh!t.

grey fox
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Did you read that comic? The Predator kills like a dozen Judges and was taking down War Droids with ease. Oh, and Dredd shot the Predator in the back after he took down the last War Droid.

The Predator let Dredd win as the Predator wanted to die or some sh!t.

The Pred couldn't slit its wrists or listen to some Linkin park so it just went out of its way to piss off the meanest basitch since the 1980s.

Makes perfect sense cool

snoopdogg
Actually Dredd shot the Predator in the back. Then the Predator grabbed Dredd's gun(knowing of it's self destruct mechanism) and pulled the trigger resulting in the gun blowing his own hand off, then Dredd took advantage of this by stabbing the Predator.

However in issue #2 when it was one on one the Predator took Dredd down with ease in h2h.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/PredatorvsJudgeDredd.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/PredatorvsJudgeDredd2.jpg

CosmicSurfer
The Pred couldn't slit its wrists or listen to some Linkin park so it just went out of its way to piss off the meanest basitch since the 1980s.

Makes perfect sense cool

Slightly off topic here, but what's wrong with linkin park? smile

They're not that bad.

Alfheim
Actually Dredd shot the Predator in the back. Then the Predator grabbed Dredd's gun(knowing of it's self destruct mechanism) and pulled the trigger resulting in the gun blowing his own hand off, then Dredd took advantage of this by stabbing the Predator.

However in issue #2 when it was one on one the Predator took Dredd down with ease in h2h.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/PredatorvsJudgeDredd.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/PredatorvsJudgeDredd2.jpg

...dredd looks injured before he joined in H2H......hell that thing went right through his body, its an actual feat that Dredd was able to fight at all considering.

Battlehammer
Bro Steve was shot in the shoulder with a big **** off caliber gun (without kevlar) , if he did not have ehanced durability his arm would have been blown the **** off.

edit : my bad its was 38 calber at any rate its not just pain resistance we know for a fact that he has enhanced durabiltiy just by looking at his other showings.

yes,but it still pierces him. abullet no matter what caliber does pierce his skinn.

sorry capt aint bullet prove if shot it will go into/through him.

Battlehammer
Also bare in mind if a bulletproof vest was flesh it would bleed as well. Bullets dont just bounce off vests they leave marks and penetrate the vest to an extent but not fully.

Caps flesh is like that, he'll get wounded but his flesh and bones will resist the bullets doing further damage

soprry,but no. His skinn is not as durable as a bullet proof vest and to think so is rediculous.

Hell wolverine/spiderman both have greater durability and niether of them is a durable asa bullet proof vest.

Barney

Caps flesh is like that, he'll get wounded but his flesh and bones will resist the bullets doing further damage What the f**k?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Barney
What the f**k?

What????? no expression

Darth Martin
A Warrior Yautja wtf pwned Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator unarmed and a Blood Yautja wtf pwned Batman in the crossover. Hence Batman got seriously beat down against the Yautja. If this is an Elder Steve doesn't really stand a chance since he has no shield.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Darth Martin
A Warrior Yautja wtf pwned Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator unarmed and a Blood Yautja wtf pwned Batman in the crossover. Hence Batman got seriously beat down against the Yautja. If this is an Elder Steve doesn't really stand a chance since he has no shield.

Whats the diff between blood and warrior?

Battlehammer
What????? no expression

it was a rediculous statement.

Alfheim
it was a rediculous statement.

God here we go again, not it wasnt. The point you were making is that Steve gets injured by bullets, therefore you were saying he was not bullet resistant. no expression

Steves skin iis like a vest he can still get injured but because hes flesh and blood he bleeds.

KMC Killer
Who cares

Battlehammer
God here we go again, not it wasnt. The point you were making is that Steve gets injured by bullets, therefore you were saying he was not bullet resistant. no expression

Steves skin iis like a vest he can still get injured but because hes flesh and blood he bleeds.

He not like a vest though and it rediculous to assume so. People Like wolverine/spiderman and so forth who are beyond capt durability are not like vests. when shoot it goes in not slightly in very deep if not through capt no different.

nor does you wishing he is change what fact.

Alfheim
He not like a vest though and it rediculous to assume so. People Like wolverine/spiderman and so forth who are beyond capt durability are not like vests. when shoot it goes in not slightly in very deep if not through capt no different.

nor does you wishing he is change what fact.

Bro Cap got bullets riddled all the way down his arm and still managed to aim a gun with extreme accuracy. Cap was shot in the back with some big **** off maching gun if he had not had enhanced durability the kevlar probably would not have been enough a trained human would have probably been severly injured.

The whole damn reason why he had strengtrh dampeners on was to reduce his durability.

He was shot in the head...something tells me that the strength of his skull stopped the bullet from going even further into his head or he would have died.

snoopdogg
...dredd looks injured before he joined in H2H......hell that thing went right through his body, its an actual feat that Dredd was able to fight at all considering. Actually they were both injured at that time. Dredd was following the Predators green blood path. Then the Pred. shot him with a spear iirc. It was a even fight.

Alfheim
Actually they were both injured at that time. Dredd was following the Predators green blood path. Then the Pred. shot him with a spear iirc. It was a even fight.

Fair enough.

Battlehammer
Bro Cap got bullets riddled all the way down his arm and still managed to aim a gun with extreme accuracy. Cap was shot in the back with some big **** off maching gun if he had not had enhanced durability the kevlar probably would not have been enough a trained human would have probably been severly injured.

The whole damn reason why he had strengtrh dampeners on was to reduce his durability.

He was shot in the head...something tells me that the strength of his skull stopped the bullet from going even further into his head or he would have died.

sorry,but no. most of those feats would be toughness and healing.

when capt gets shoot it may do less damage then it would to a normal human just because his muscles are stronger tighter, but it aint like his skinn is a bullet proof vest.

on and capt being shot in the head was more or less bull shit ( and normal humans havce survived the same shit).

Alfheim
sorry,but no. most of those feats would be toughness and healing.

when capt gets shoot it may do less damage then it would to a normal human just because his muscles are stronger tighter, but it aint like his skinn is a bullet proof vest.

Thats the whole point!!!!!! His body resists bullets. What does a bulletproof vest do it resists bullets, but in both cases you still get injured. Get it? doh

on and capt being shot in the head was more or less bull shit ( and normal humans havce survived the same shit).

No its not, because as it states in the scans it was Caps unique metabolsim that saved him. While with humans its mostly luck.

Laminator_X
Cap's beaten plenty of opponents who're tougher than he is. He knows how to vary his tactics depending on the physical matchup very well. Heck, in their first meeting the pulled off a sacrifice throw that tossed the Hulk out of a half-finished skyscraper.

The Preds stand a chance certainly, but this is Captain America we're talking about.

Batman-Prime
Captain America takes this Elder down. He has enough experience with Aliens, he has battled enough in his career and won't underestimate them!! smile

Battlehammer
Thats the whole point!!!!!! His body resists bullets. What does a bulletproof vest do it resists bullets, but in both cases you still get injured. Get it? doh

No its not, because as it states in the scans it was Caps unique metabolsim that saved him. While with humans its mostly luck.

yes but capt body resists them to a far less degree. His body still get injured badly from bullet. They go right into him if not through him.

you act like capt body act on the level a bullet proof vest would which is just wrong and playing up capt durability far to much.

xmarksthespot
A bulletproof vest are designed to stop bullets i.e. be bullet proof - thus the name. erm

Captain America copes with bullet wounds better than "normal people" because he has a very mild healing factor, strong willpower and higher than normal durability. He still gets wounded. I don't get what the term "bullet-resistant" is supposed to mean. huh

A lot of characters cope with being hit by energy weapons better than "normal people"... Emma Frost has been struck by lightning or similar at least three times in human form and coped relatively well happy... but I wouldn't call them energy-resistant... erm

Battlehammer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
A bulletproof vest are designed to stop bullets i.e. be bullet proof - thus the name. erm

Captain America copes with bullet wounds better than "normal people" because he has a very mild healing factor, strong willpower and higher than normal durability. He still gets wounded. I don't get what the term "bullet-resistant" is supposed to mean. huh

A lot of characters cope with being hit by energy weapons better than "normal people" but I wouldn't call them energy-resistant... erm

cosigned

Alfheim

Bullets do less damage. no expression If it does less damage its bullet resistant. You do know that even if you wear a bulletproof vest you can still get wounded? You can even get broken ribs the effects will obvoulsy vary according to the durability of the vest and the firepower.

I dont know maybe you are thinking that if somebody has a bulletproof vest they can just walk into a bullets without getting hurt. Vibranuim could because it literially absorbs impact.

A lot of characters cope with being hit by energy weapons better than "normal people"... Emma Frost has been struck by lightning or similar at least three times in human form and coped relatively well happy... but I wouldn't call them energy-resistant... erm

You might not do but by defintion thats energy resistant. I guess its taken for granted because it happens all the time. Not all people deal with bullets the way that way Cap does.

dawsey28
smile

xmarksthespot
The point of bulletproof vests is to prevent penetration of bullets, obviously they're not magical force canceling apparel. I just don't see the point of making up some somewhat misleading/hyperbolic term to try and semantically amp CA. Bullets still do their job at penetrating him (kinky vin). I'm relatively certain that Captain America isn't the only one having taken bullets and been able to carry on the good fight. About as certain as I am of if I shot him in the face, heart and nuts with a rifle he'd die from the wounds.

But meh... Huzzah! Emma Frost, in her normal human form has been struck by lightning or similar at least thrice - therefore making her lightning-resistant. happy

Alfheim
The point of bulletproof vests is to prevent penetration of bullets, obviously they're not magical force canceling apparel. I just don't see the point of making up some somewhat misleading/hyperbolic term to try and semantically amp CA. Bullets still do their job at penetrating him (kinky vin).

You can still get wounded with a bulletproof vest the extra durability stops you from getting killed. You can even be hospitalised while wearing a bulletproof vest.

Cap gets wounded by bullets but his extra durabilty makes it do less damage.

This is why I say he is bulletproof resistant and not proof. Bullets dont bounce of him hets wounded but it does less damage. The samething can happen with bulletproof vests but it wall vary depending on the firepower and durability.

I'm relatively certain that Captain America isn't the only one having taken bullets and been able to carry on the good fight.

People have been shot in the head before and survived thats due to luck not extra durability. Hell a man survived falling from a skyscraper on the news. I guess Wolverine doest have superhuman durabiltiy after all.

About as certain as I am of if I shot him in the face, heart and nuts with a rifle he'd die from the wounds.

hes been shot in the face before and it was stated on panel that his metabolism saved him and not luck. Just because soembody has weak points doesnt mean their not bullet resistant. Obvoulsy some parts of the body are weaker than others.

But meh... Huzzah! Emma Frost, in her normal human form has been struck by lightning or similar at least thrice - therefore making her lightning-resistant. happy

You have a 1in 6 chance of dying from lightning not from getting shot. no expression Surviving lightning is not a big deals as surviving beaing shot.

xmarksthespot
I know people get wounded through bulletproof vests. no expression
Thus my saying that they don't magically cancel the force of the bullet.

I just really don't see the point of some bizarre misleading term "bullet-resistant" unless one is stretching to give their favorite character superhuman durability as if they're going to power through being riddled with bullets throughout their body.

My example of Emma Frost wasn't about making comparisons in what's more lethal - it was about making up bizarre terms to try and overemphasize durability.

Emma has normal durability.
Captain America has better than normal durability.

I don't see any need to ascribe "-resistant" terms to either of them. But feel free to play your little semantics game. He's probably also shark attack-resistant and blimp collision-resistant while you're at it.

Alfheim
I know people get wounded through bulletproof vests. no expression
Thus my saying that they don't magically cancel the force of the bullet.

I just really don't see the point of some bizarre misleading term "bullet-resistant" unless one is stretching to give their favorite character superhuman durability as if they're going to power through being riddled with bullets throughout their body.

Why would I be trying to do that when I stated that you can still get wounded and hospitalised with a bulletproof vest?

My example of Emma Frost wasn't about making comparisons in what's more lethal - it was about making up bizarre terms to try and overemphasize durability.

Emma has normal durability.
Captain America has better than normal durability.

I don't see any need to ascribe "-resistant" terms to either of them. But feel free to play your little semantics game. He's probably also shark attack-resistant and blimp collision-resistant while you're at it.

I dont care what it was about. You have a 1 in 6 chance of dying from lightning and she has normal durability, that could explain why she survived. You cant coimpare lightning to being shot.

Is shes survived Hvocks blast and Cykes blast than thats another thing. If she continullay resists energy attacks then shes energy resistant.

Im not playing any semantics. Hell mantis cant KO Thor eventhough her bio states she can and has done it on panel. Hell it states in black and white that Prof X mentally attacked WWH but thats not what happened.

What xmarks think > on panel evidence.

xmarksthespot
Jean Grey has taken Cyclops optic blast from close range. doped

I guess she's blimp collision-resistant too. vin

Alfheim
Jean Grey has taken Cyclops optic blast from close range. doped

I guess she's blimp collision-resistant too. vin

What were the circumstances of Cykes blast?

Anyway im also not comparing Caps body to wearing a bulletproof vest but his body being like a bulletproof vest. When a BV gets hit by a bullet it gets dented or embedded. What would happen if it were human flesh? Exactly, but obvoulsy the strength of the substance would reduce the damage.

Simple. no expression

xmarksthespot
You've seen the scan before yourself, Cyclopalypse to be more precise:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/cycloewresist2.jpg
Jean's expression: 'That hurt a bit, time to get up and chase my crazy possessed husband. I think that's probably blimp collision-resistant worthy, maybe even blimp collision-proof worthy.

And while "norms" may not always die from being electrocuted they generally don't get up and walk around like everything is fine and dandy afterwards... so I think I'm going to start calling Emma electricity-resistant. doped

Alfheim
You've seen the scan before yourself, Cyclopalypse to be more precise:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/cycloewresist2.jpg
Jean's expression: 'That hurt a bit, time to get up and chase my crazy possessed husband. I think that's probably blimp collision-resistant worthy, maybe even blimp collision-proof worthy.

And while "norms" may not always die from being electrocuted they generally don't get up and walk around like everything is fine and dandy afterwards... so I think I'm going to start calling Emma electricity-resistant. doped

Well if both examples involved them resisting lethal amounts of force and they resist it easily, either its PIS or the have added durability. If you dont want to call it energy resistance be my guest.

The question is though how lethal was the force. Cykes blasts dont even do lethal amounts of damage, sometimes his blast is like a punch.

A normal person can take being electrocuted and act like nothing had happen but that depends on the volts.

Soljer
Haha! Where is the 'best posts' thread?

'Cyclops' visorless blast is like a punch!'

laughing.

Alfheim

The question is though how lethal was the force. Cykes blasts dont even do lethal amounts of damage, SOMETIMES his blast is like a punch.

There was supposed to be an always there. doest always do lethal damage. Cykes blasts power varies.

Sylar
capt would competely out fight the pred. Your an idiot, quit posting.

xmarksthespot
Are you trying to downplay Jean Grey's collapsing merry-go-round-resistant durability?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3763/xtremexmen22p20hgwellsmr0.th.jpghttp://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6956/xtremexmen22p21hgwellskp3.th.jpg

I'd wager most "normal people" die after being struck by a lightning bolt like that. smile
Emma's still raring to go, conscious, alert, basically uninjured in any real way, able to switch to diamond form before being splattered into a wall.
Go! Go! Lightning-resistance! vin

Must be all the silicone.

Alfheim
Are you trying to downplay Jean Grey's collapsing merry-go-round-resistant durability?

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3763/xtremexmen22p20hgwellsmr0.th.jpghttp://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6956/xtremexmen22p21hgwellskp3.th.jpg

I'd wager most "normal people" die after being struck by a lightning bolt like that. smile
Emma's still rearing to go, able to switch to diamond form before being splattered into a wall.
Go! Go! Lightning-resistance! vin

Must be all the silicone.

That could be PIS then, got any other examples of her doing the same thing. no expression

xmarksthespot
Way back in UXM around the time of her earliest appearances a bloodlusted Storm attacked Emma with lightning.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1984/emma0ty.jpg
Oh look Emma's fine:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3771/emma28ao.jpg

And then recently in X-Men #200-201, Emma's blasted with an energy attack/biotoxin. The energy attack really doesn't do that much it's the biotoxin that keeps her immobile, although neither renders her unconscious.

The silicone in her breasts must insulate her somehow giving her toaster in bathtub-resistance. doped

Alfheim
Way back in UXM around the time of her earliest appearances a bloodlusted Storm attacked Emma with lightning.
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1984/emma0ty.jpg
Oh look Emma's fine:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3771/emma28ao.jpg

So you call being dropped to your knees and being too weak to fight back fine? I think Storms lightning power varies just as Cykes blast power varies.

Hell it could be argued that Storm wanted her to suffer and didnt want her to die straight away, hence the strangulation.

And then recently in X-Men #200-201, Emma's blasted with an energy attack/biotoxin. The energy attack really doesn't do that much it's the biotoxin that keeps her immobile, although neither renders her unconscious.

So basically what you telling me is the energy attack doesnt do that much to people? Its not lethal or anything special like that. Why are you using this as an example?

xmarksthespot
She was struck by lightning, and for all intents and purposes was uninjured. You asked, I gave.

That was just another example of an electrical attack against her. Bringing it to three. I'd give more but that's as many times as she's been struck by electricity that I can remember - and each time she's been essentially uninjured. Ergo if one were so inclined they could say she's got fork in power socket-resistance or electric eel pond-resistance.

I can't remember. Boredom probably. It's generally my motivation to do things.

Alfheim
She was struck by lightning, and for all intents and purposes was uninjured. You asked, I gave.

That was just another example of an electrical attack against her. Bringing it to three. I'd give more but that's as many times as she's been struck by electricity that I can remember - and each time she's been essentially uninjured.

I can't remember. Boredom probably.

Anyway lets assume each incident was lethal. Right so what you're telling me is that if a characters continually shows that they are durable enough to withstand lethal dosages of energy that they are not energy resistant?

xmarksthespot
Not really, I think Emma Frost has normal human durability in her human form. I was really just illustrating how silly it is to ascribe "-resistant" terms. I'm pretty sure a lot of heroes would take a cat clawing to the face better than "normal people" but I don't really get the point of calling Hawkeye cat claws to the face-resistant. But that's just me.

Alfheim
Getting shot without body armour >>>>>>>>>>>> get clawed in the face while wearing a mask which has added protection.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Sylar
Your an idiot, quit posting.

lol im an idiot becuase I believe the faster more skilled opponet with out fight the slower less skilled opponet.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Soljer
Haha! Where is the 'best posts' thread?

'Cyclops' visorless blast is like a punch!'

laughing. Closed sad

Darth Martin
Whats the diff between blood and warrior? A Blood is relatively young in the Yautja society. Around 300-400 years of age. Unbloods are shown in the first AVP movie. Hence, the main three in that movie are unblooded. If they survive that Antartica hunt with the Xenomorphs then they will be promoted to official Blood status. the Yautja in Predator 2 was a Blood.

Warriors are generally very experienced and go on hunts solo by thereselves. They have ALL the technology and are generally willing to shoot you(little less honorable). Around 700 years old. The Yautja in Predator and AVP: Requiem were Warrior-class.

Elders/Ancients are respected and honored as GODs in the Yautja society and civilization. They are generally leaders of their clans and tend to not go out alone. They have access to tech but prefer not to use it. They are the epitimy of honor and class. They go H2H or blade to blade. They are 1000+ years old. Don't **** with these guys. There was one Elder who defeated an Xenomorph Queen unarmed. Another was known to survive on a planet full of hostile Aliens for 100 years with nothing but a spear. Talk about unmatchable skill and experience. The Yautja in Predator 2 who hands Harrigan the gun is an Elder. The Yautja in AVP that gives Lex the Combi-Stick and has the red cape is an Elder.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Darth Martin
A Blood is relatively young in the Yautja society. Around 300-400 years of age. Unbloods are shown in the first AVP movie. Hence, the main three in that movie are unblooded. If they survive that Antartica hunt with the Xenomorphs then they will be promoted to official Blood status. the Yautja in Predator 2 was a Blood.

Warriors are generally very experienced and go on hunts solo by thereselves. They have ALL the technology and are generally willing to shoot you(little less honorable). Around 700 years old. The Yautja in Predator and AVP: Requiem were Warrior-class.

Elders/Ancients are respected and honored as GODs in the Yautja society and civilization. They are generally leaders of their clans and tend to not go out alone. They have access to tech but prefer not to use it. They are the epitimy of honor and class. They go H2H or blade to blade. They are 1000+ years old. Don't **** with these guys. There was one Elder who defeated an Xenomorph Queen unarmed. Another was known to survive on a planet full of hostile Aliens for 100 years with nothing but a spear. Talk about unmatchable skill and experience. The Yautja in Predator 2 who hands Harrigan the gun is an Elder. The Yautja in AVP that gives Lex the Combi-Stick and has the red cape is an Elder.

That sounds impressibe but we need a respect thread see we can guage for ourselves.

Darth Martin
That sounds impressibe but we need a respect thread see we can guage for ourselves. For sure. wink

Caps Conscience
Bat beat a pred with a baseball bat. Cap could do better.

123KID
those crossovers are shit and, as far as i know, non-canon

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Bat beat a pred with a baseball bat. Cap could do better. mad

Cap isn't Batgod!

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Caps Conscience
Bat beat a pred with a baseball bat. Cap could do better. A Predator also beat the crap out of Batman and hung him from a tree iirc. Cap is not beating a mid-level or higher Predator. Maybe a rookie though.

Inhuman
I would like to see a predator respect thread.
Haven't seen alot of comic predator scans.

*T*
Originally posted by Inhuman
I would like to see a predator respect thread.
Haven't seen alot of comic predator scans. I have the comics.

smile

Inhuman
Originally posted by *T*
I have the comics.

smile

Start a respect thread then smile

*T*
If I can get some help then sure. Never done one before so will be pretty hard.

*T*
The thing with this fight know, some Predators have known to pwn and some get beat by Chinese women.

Inhuman
Originally posted by *T*
If I can get some help then sure. Never done one before so will be pretty hard.

Not really check out the other respect threads here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/
and then just post what you got. Giving a little description as to what each picture you post shows.
Like "Predator slices tank armor in this pic".

Its not too hard smile

Hopefull others with pred scans will contribute.

Also put all the good showing try not include low showings wink

*T*
If I get time then sure.

Cap'n Happy

Right on the money! Cap knows when he's out classed in the strength department (one look at a Predator would tell him that) and would use hit and run tactics. He'd take a hit or two, sure... but just like Jesse the Body, Cap "... ain't got time to bleed!"
Cap in fifteen (tuff) minutes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.