Use yor heads people, Darkseid isn't that big of a jobber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hazsekswthurmom
This is something that makes me sick to my stomach and getting tired of seeing it. For some reason many posters have been downplaying Darkseid for some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. I don't know where this blind hatred comes from but seems to be a combination of biasness, a lack of understanding, or just pure stupidity. The stuff he gets criticized for makes me wonder if this is still Kmc or Herochat, because the stuff posters consider low showngs just blows my mind. Let me just break it down so I can make me my message(s) clear.

Bullshit claim #8: DarrKSyde gets pwnedz by teh steps hee sux.

Statements like these makes me want to tear my penis off and flush it down a toilet. What's the point of bringing this type of stuff up? For one it's NOT a low showing because when this incident happened Ds was in a weakened state. The whole point of that scene was to show how weak the Source made him. Sadly people try to use this to discredit Darkseid's reputation and instead of it being interpreted in the way the writer intended it to be, the instance is blown out of proportions. If ths forum is going to take showings like that into consideration then we houd do the same with all. Jimmy-Chan said it best, if we're going to use that as evidence then we don't we do the same for Christopher Reeves in Superman II, where he fought that ******* redneck in the bar?

Bullshit claim #7: Haha he gotz pwned by ThugsZ.

Much like the Bullshit lie #8, this one sickens me for basically the same reason. Again during that incident he was weakened. The sad part about both of those instances is that posters actually try to validate them as evidence. Using that as an argument just shows how petty and desperate one be to try and make a point. Seriously, what's the point of using feats like those? It's just so moronic and expect better from Kmc. Now I know what one maybe thinking "how would thugs be able to best Darkseid in h2h combat when he's supposed to be such a great fighter?" Again this happened to him in a weakened state. We don't know how weakened he was and for all we know he could of been punier than a anorexic teenaged girl. To make it simple, it's irrelevent.

Bullhit claim #6: He goTTs hiz arse kikced by Doomsday.

That was by no means a low showing and the fact many view it in such a wayisjust laughable....and at the same time sad. Doomsday is not, I repeat NOT a top tier. Hell the fact Ds was able to knock him with omega beams and not the Omega effect(it's obvious it wasn't the Oe because it erases you from existance) is a great showing. And it's not unbelievable that Dd could've beaten him in the way he did.

Bullshit claim #5: hE juzt got betean by Superman and Batman.

Man how I love this one. If you ever need a good example for something being taken out of context, this is perhaps the best one imaginable. First the infamous Batkick was done with the use of a power up and for some reason people fail to mention so. Saddest part about this whole ordeal, is that even without knowing about the context of this scene people throw it around regardless. Sad, just sad. I'm not going into detail on this one so I'll just move along to my next point. Anyways in the same story Superman sucker attacks Ds and after doing so he flees. Because of this, people think that Darkseid is a pussy, coward. wimp, etc. Well it just so happens that the planet they where on was about to be engulfed by the Source....so exactly how does that make him a pussy?

Bullshit claim #4: Suppaman can sUVIIVe da Oe so chaRacter b can aswell.

Let me start out by saying that Supeman is NOT a good measuring stick for any powerful character. He has done things that many top tiers could only dream about. While the Oe has a few questionable showings, it has defeated more powerful beings than Superman.

For instance the Cyborg.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pcf15dd3a66e18f8cb2d8095290fc0930/fba98017.jpg

Agogg a being powerful enough to pwn Orion and Lightray
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pe12af34b9fc5f553a279bbdeaa0a08c7/fbd4f8d3.jpg

Orion.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/pac7c5f57151e9a8d5ce70f580c79834c/f913aa16.jpg

Secret a Young justice defeating being.
http://img363.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f880d1e1jpgorig0yr.jpg

So why is it that Supes someone weaker than those characters is capable of withstanding the Oe? Well it's simple, Superman is more than just a top tier, he has one of the greatest character shields in comics. It's not proper to use his performance against the Oe as proof, because it contradicts what has aleady been established.

Bullshit claim #3: Raker gotz hem wit da shovel!!

No he didn't get bested by Raker. Prior to that encounter Ds was shown to be far more powerful by crushing his ring and destroying his battery. The most important part about this instance is that he wanted to keep him alive for his own purposes. So whatwould more sense? Ds holding back when he faced Raker or him getting punked? It's all a matter of going for what is more reasonable and logical.

Bullshit claim #2: Ds sux at teh hand to hand.

What is this based off of? Apokolips now and Action comics? Because those are really the only instances where he is shown to be below a top tier. I cover the rest further down.

Bullshit claim #1: Darkseid iz consistenly lozing to top tiers.

This is completely untrue. Outside of Superman Darkseid has dominted various top tiers through out showings. The truth is Superman only has two clean wins against him. The first time Supes defeated him was retconned into Desadd, his defeats in Superman/Batmans where not clearly in favor of Supeman. The most recent one of course was even a defeat, he retreated due to the planet being engulfed by the Source. The ecounter prior to that was just.....odd. Superman took him to the Sun and some how a boomtube came out of nowhere...wtf? That shit was written by the amazingly talent Jeph Loeb, so it should be no suprise that it was just plain idiotic. He didn't beat him by physically overpowering him or such, he nailed him to the source wall. Apokolips now and that one Action comics story are the only clear victories for Superman.

So why does Ds get so much crap for such showings? His powerlevel really isn't that inconsisitent. If anything it's how writers potray his personality, and such. He's for the most part misused and mishandled but his powers have been superior to his peers in alot of his appearances.

Val
I see a bright future for this thread.

Inhuman
The way I see it, is that DS fanboys are f-ing enraged that DS is ISN'T the "badass", "ultimate evil" , DC's main villain/threat" anymore.

He just isnt "THAT GUY" anymore. deal with it.

These same guys hate guys like thanos because in their minds he isnt suppose to be more badass than ds. Never.

But it is what it is.

Kutulu
Thugs with chain > Darkseid.

King Kandy
This really should have been in the comic forum instead of the versus forum...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why bother? Bias knows no logic.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by Inhuman
The way I see it, is that DS fanboys are f-ing enraged that DS is ISN'T the "badass", "ultimate evil" , DC's main villain/threat" anymore.

These same guys hate guys like thanos because in their minds he isnt suppose to be more badass than ds. Never.

But it is what it is. Uhhh, please read what I typed, it seems that you missed my point.

Air Legend
Originally posted by Val
I see a bright future for this thread.
I see a bright move to the comic book section.

Hazsekswthurmom
Originally posted by Air Legend
I see a bright move to the comic book section. Threads like these are made all the time and I find it ironic how you, a guy whose known for making retarded bait threads is quick to say something about this one.

kevdude
You know Superman used a Mother Box on DS to boomtube them to the Fourth World?? Thats how it was done and why DS looked the way he did. Also it says the stars was being rocked by Superman and Darkseid fighting..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Inhuman

But it is what it is. I know its obvious Darkseid isnt what he used to be. Everyone knows this except his fanboys who are holding on for dear life.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
You know Superman used a Mother Box on DS to boomtube them to the Fourth World?? Thats how it was done and why DS looked the way he did. Also it says the stars was being rocked by Superman and Darkseid fighting.. laughing

quanchi112
This thread for one shouldnt be here. Secondly,Ds has had to many embarrassing performances to be excused over and over again. The guy isnt above top tier at all times anymore. See the light,please for your own sake. Remember the pounding Doomsday gave Ds. I mean it was pathetic how Ds handled himself there.

Erik-Lensherr
I like it how nobody has really countered what has been said and keep posting the low showings that have already been adressed :

And other 'Ds isn't top tier and sucks compared to Thanos deal wit it' type of posts.

Pretty pathetic and desperate smile

KK the Great
If you had any actual ground to stand on, you wouldn't need to come up with so many excuses for his poor showings.

Gecko4lif
ABOUT ****ING TIME!

Looks like there is a god

@kk the great

STFU Open a comic one day and stop quoting wiki and you will see the folly of your ways

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
This is something that makes me sick to my stomach and getting tired of seeing it. For some reason many posters have been downplaying Darkseid for some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen. I don't know where this blind hatred comes from but seems to be a combination of biasness, a lack of understanding, or just pure stupidity. The stuff he gets criticized for makes me wonder if this is still Kmc or Herochat, because the stuff posters consider low showngs just blows my mind. Let me just break it down so I can make me my message(s) clear.

Bullshit claim #8: DarrKSyde gets pwnedz by teh steps hee sux.

Statements like these makes me want to tear my penis off and flush it down a toilet. What's the point of bringing this type of stuff up? For one it's NOT a low showing because when this incident happened Ds was in a weakened state. The whole point of that scene was to show how weak the Source made him. Sadly people try to use this to discredit Darkseid's reputation and instead of it being interpreted in the way the writer intended it to be, the instance is blown out of proportions. If ths forum is going to take showings like that into consideration then we houd do the same with all. Jimmy-Chan said it best, if we're going to use that as evidence then we don't we do the same for Christopher Reeves in Superman II, where he fought that ******* redneck in the bar?

Bullshit claim #7: Haha he gotz pwned by ThugsZ.

Much like the Bullshit lie #8, this one sickens me for basically the same reason. Again during that incident he was weakened. The sad part about both of those instances is that posters actually try to validate them as evidence. Using that as an argument just shows how petty and desperate one be to try and make a point. Seriously, what's the point of using feats like those? It's just so moronic and expect better from Kmc. Now I know what one maybe thinking "how would thugs be able to best Darkseid in h2h combat when he's supposed to be such a great fighter?" Again this happened to him in a weakened state. We don't know how weakened he was and for all we know he could of been punier than a anorexic teenaged girl. To make it simple, it's irrelevent.

Bullhit claim #6: He goTTs hiz arse kikced by Doomsday.

That was by no means a low showing and the fact many view it in such a wayisjust laughable....and at the same time sad. Doomsday is not, I repeat NOT a top tier. Hell the fact Ds was able to knock him with omega beams and not the Omega effect(it's obvious it wasn't the Oe because it erases you from existance) is a great showing. And it's not unbelievable that Dd could've beaten him in the way he did.

Bullshit claim #5: hE juzt got betean by Superman and Batman.

Man how I love this one. If you ever need a good example for something being taken out of context, this is perhaps the best one imaginable. First the infamous Batkick was done with the use of a power up and for some reason people fail to mention so. Saddest part about this whole ordeal, is that even without knowing about the context of this scene people throw it around regardless. Sad, just sad. I'm not going into detail on this one so I'll just move along to my next point. Anyways in the same story Superman sucker attacks Ds and after doing so he flees. Because of this, people think that Darkseid is a pussy, coward. wimp, etc. Well it just so happens that the planet they where on was about to be engulfed by the Source....so exactly how does that make him a pussy?

Bullshit claim #4: Suppaman can sUVIIVe da Oe so chaRacter b can aswell.

Let me start out by saying that Supeman is NOT a good measuring stick for any powerful character. He has done things that many top tiers could only dream about. While the Oe has a few questionable showings, it has defeated more powerful beings than Superman.

For instance the Cyborg.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/pcf15dd3a66e18f8cb2d8095290fc0930/fba98017.jpg

Agogg a being powerful enough to pwn Orion and Lightray
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pe12af34b9fc5f553a279bbdeaa0a08c7/fbd4f8d3.jpg

Orion.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/pac7c5f57151e9a8d5ce70f580c79834c/f913aa16.jpg

Secret a Young justice defeating being.

So why is it that Supes someone weaker than those characters is capable of withstanding the Oe? Well it's simple, Superman is more than just a top tier, he has one of the greatest character shields in comics. It's not proper to use his performance against the Oe as proof, because it contradicts what has aleady been established.

Bullshit claim #3: Raker gotz hem wit da shovel!!

No he didn't get bested by Raker. Prior to that encounter Ds was shown to be far more powerful by crushing his ring and destroying his battery. The most important part about this instance is that he wanted to keep him alive for his own purposes. So whatwould more sense? Ds holding back when he faced Raker or him getting punked? It's all a matter of going for what is more reasonable and logical.

Bullshit claim #2: Ds sux at teh hand to hand.

What is this based off of? Apokolips now and Action comics? Because those are really the only instances where he is shown to be below a top tier. I cover the rest further down.

Bullshit claim #1: Darkseid iz consistenly lozing to top tiers.

This is completely untrue. Outside of Superman Darkseid has dominted various top tiers through out showings. The truth is Superman only has two clean wins against him. The first time Supes defeated him was retconned into Desadd, his defeats in Superman/Batmans where not clearly in favor of Supeman. The most recent one of course was even a defeat, he retreated due to the planet being engulfed by the Source. The ecounter prior to that was just.....odd. Superman took him to the Sun and some how a boomtube came out of nowhere...wtf? That shit was written by the amazingly talent Jeph Loeb, so it should be no suprise that it was just plain idiotic. He didn't beat him by physically overpowering him or such, he nailed him to the source wall. Apokolips now and that one Action comics story are the only clear victories for Superman.

So why does Ds get so much crap for such showings? His powerlevel really isn't that inconsisitent. If anything it's how writers potray his personality, and such. He's for the most part misused and mishandled but his powers have been superior to his peers in alot of his appearances.

HeroChat: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NiņoAraņa

is that squirrel girl?

ermmnone

Badabing
Closed......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.