Aliens vs Predators.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
This isn't a fight rather a popularity contest. Which race do you find more entertaining and why?

Inhuman
both are entertaining for different reasons.

Aliens - more animal like, ruthless, want to reproduce and illiminate life forms- sort of like a virus.

Predators, smarter, warrior like, high tech, Are all about the hunt.

Shadow Spider
Originally posted by Inhuman

aliens - more animal like, ruthless, want to reproduce and illiminate life forms- sort of like a virus.

I agree. The aliens are if you prefer the more murderous and terrifying experience. While Predators lean to a more suspenseful and action packed experience.

endrict

aliens - more animal like, ruthless, want to reproduce and illiminate life forms- sort of like a virus.

That sums it up for me.

snoopdogg
I like the Predators a tad more. Due to their civilized nature. They have nice technology and a code of honor they follow.

BTW you guys going to the new movie?

endrict
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I like the Predators a tad more. Due to their civilized nature. They have nice technology and a code of honor they follow.

Yup, 25th at night.

Deathstroke
I like aliens a little bit better just because I really like the first 2 alien movies. Both are cool though.

pr1983

that's exactly why i prefer the aliens... they're a more inhuman, more terrifying enemy imo...

and yeah, the movie looks sweet...

Priest
Preds, they actually have a personality.

grey fox
Aliens have more variety though , and boy do I ever love variety. It's why I love 'What If's ' and Elseworlds....

Deathstroke
Originally posted by pr1983
that's exactly why i prefer the aliens... they're a more inhuman, more terrifying enemy imo...

That's the way I feel.

Estacado
Predator all the way.

jrodslam
I do think that the aliens are a bit more smarter. The way they hunt etc. Preds have the tech. They are advanced and smart in that aspect, but fighting wise, its pure tech. Take the movies for example. The Preds heavily rely on the shoulder canon. Spear and wristblades come in second. Aliens use more tactic to get their victims. They seem more strategic(sp?) to me.

Aliens ftw all day every day.

snoopdogg
The Predators use tech. because they don't have the natural weapons, armor a Alien has. The Predators do train h2h as shown in the comics. I'd still go with a Predator in h2h to take down a Alien.

jrodslam
^
When it comes to 1vs1, the alien doesnt have much of an advantage. You mention its natural weapons. True theres the tail and tounge for headbites, but thats about it. The Aliens armor is only the carpace(sp?). All the other areas are just as durable as ours save for better resistance to heat and cold than us, but gunfire does the same to an alien as it would to us. The pred on the other hand is more durable than the alien, and stronger.

I do agree that 1vs1 and h2h the pred wins, but thats only because aliens arent suppose to fight 1vs1 and straight up.

Inhuman
Plus their attack styles are different.

Aliens are like killer bee swarms

Predators are like lone wolf's most of the time.

snoopdogg
Supposedly in the new AVP movie they send a distress call to the Predator homeworld and then the Predators there send a single warrior to take care of the problem on Earth.

Inhuman
Supposedly in the new AVP movie they send a distress call to the Predator homeworld and then the Predators there send a single warrior to take care of the problem on Earth.

Yeah and i hear his name is "The Wolf" smile Hes suppose to be some badass predator.

first 5 mins of the film wink (edited a bit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmTvLX-p8xY

snoopdogg
Yeah and i hear his name is "The Wolf" smile Hes suppose to be some badass predator.

first 5 mins of the film (edited a bit) wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmTvLX-p8xY Well, so far in the movies we have yet to see a clan leader or elder Predator in action. So this should be interesting. The obvious part is however that I'm assuming he's going to die as all the main Predators have died in the movies so far.

D-Block

I hope they send an Elite Predator because I want to see one in action since all the movies have had rookies in them. And I like the predators more, they have the intelligence and can still take it to the more animalistic Aliens h2h.

Inhuman
In that movie preview you see the "wolf" predator in the end.

D-Block

first 5 mins of the film wink (edited a bit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmTvLX-p8xY

Good looking out with the trailer Inhuman that Hybrid could be a beast. Yeah Elder Predator is what I was thinking of like Snoop said.

jrodslam
Elders are crazy. They most likely wouldnt waste their time with a regular Xenomorph. Hell probably even a predalien. They specialize in hives and queens.

If an elder is in the movie, id expect him to take out at least a dozen aliens by himself.

Hunters are good, but sheer numbers always win. I must admit. The dual shoulder canons are a nice upgrade for the movie. As a alien fan, im not too excited about seeing it in action.

123KID
the Pred in 2 was a rookie ?
far as i know only the Preds in AVP were novices

snoopdogg
I have a question about Alien reproduction. Can a regular Xenomorph produce eggs or can only the Queen do that?

cmack
aliens are all the same, they are just canon fodder, the predators have personality and presence

jrodslam
I have a question about Alien reproduction. Can a regular Xenomorph produce eggs or can only the Queen do that?

Only the queens as far as i know.

jrodslam
Originally posted by cmack
aliens are all the same, they are just canon fodder, the predators have personality and presence

The aliens have personality. Only slightly if you want to count some being more aggressive and more cunning than others. Canon fodder? Only because they last the range weapons humans and preds do. Thats why i think they are smarter tacticians battle wise. Far more cunning than the preds too. Imo that is.

Estacado
I wonder what kind of "heavy weaponry" do the Predators have...........hmmm
In one of the AVP games called AVP extinction the 2 most powerful Preds had some pretty badass stuff one had 2 huge lasers attached to his back and he was sweeping with them horizantally clearing everything in it's path while the other had some kind of missile pod on his back but it shot plasma it was like a mortar......

snoopdogg
I didn't realize these AVP movies are in contiunity. I copy and pasted this quote from Wiki so I do not know how accurate it is.

"This movie also ties together all the past Predator films as well as the Alien series. It gives answers as to how the company knows the Aliens exist in Alien, and how the government agents know about the Predator and its technology in Predator 2."

I think it's cool they are tieing all the movies together. It's a big universe after all!

CaptainStoic
Awhile back in the first Alien vs Predator comic, I think I recall reading how one Elite Pred is worth 12 Aliens. I have no particular preferance as far as comic or movie memorabilia is concerned, but If I had to side with one side it's pretty obvious that the Preds are the side that I would support.

snoopdogg
I could see a clan leader taking down 12 Aliens. In these scans Broken Tusk takes down 6 Aliens with minimal effort.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/BrokenTusk.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/BrokenTusk2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Predator/BrokenTusk3.jpg

endrict
I didn't realize these AVP movies are in contiunity. I copy and pasted this quote from Wiki so I do not know how accurate it is.

"This movie also ties together all the past Predator films as well as the Alien series. It gives answers as to how the company knows the Aliens exist in Alien, and how the government agents know about the Predator and its technology in Predator 2."

I think it's cool they are tieing all the movies together. It's a big universe after all!

The AVP series is not in sync with the Predator or Aliens franchise, they are seprate.

Inhuman
Originally posted by endrict
The AVP series is not in sync with the Predator or Aliens franchise, they are seprate.

Alien & predator references have been in both franchises before the AVP movies ever hit the big screens.

zbucsz
hey i got that comic didnt broken tusk die

Estacado

They are at the end of the 1st movie we see a Predalien busting out from the Scar Preadator's chest on the ship at the begining of the 2nd that Predalien causes the ship crash.

Utrigita

snoopdogg
Alien & predator references have been in both franchises before the AVP movies ever hit the big screens. I know their is a Alien reference in Predator 2 as we see a Alien skull in a trophy case but is there a Predator reference in a Alien movie?

Scoobless
I know their is a Alien reference in Predator 2 as we see a Alien skull in a trophy case but is there a Predator reference in a Alien movie?

Don't think so ... but the books have been around for years.

Shadow Spider
It is possible for the Predalien to perform the process of a Facehugger if the Queen isn't present to lay eggs. So the Predalien can pretty much be a substitute Queen. But to fully answer your question, no. Only the Xenomorph Queen can lay eggs. But as you read, the Queen isn't the only way Xenomorphs can reproduce.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Don't think so ... but the books have been around for years. Yea, I don't think a Predator was referred to in a Alien movie. But the first AvP comic was in like 1990 or so. Those scans I posted are from the first crossover between the Aliens and the Predators.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.