The Armies of Isengard & Mordo vs 2,000 Aliens & Predators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Who wins? This is a War Predators only have there staff,hunting knives & hooks AVP is facing the 10,000 Uruk-hai from Helm's Deep and how every many attack Minas Tirith and the ones from the black gate including Goblin Men the Trolls,Warg Riders and Oliphants. Also no bows and arrows on the Isengard & Mordo army

grey fox
So 4000 of the Universes greatest hunters and predators take on a 10,000 strong mob of badly trained, ill equipped savages whom got railroaded by Cavalry ?

Yeah I'm going with A&P on this.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by grey fox
So 4000 of the Universes greatest hunters and predators take on a 10,000 strong mob of badly trained, ill equipped savages whom got railroaded by Cavalry ?

It'd be 10,000 from Helms Deep, the 180,000-230,000 from the battle of Minas Tirith, and all the other dudes he mentioned against the 4,000 aliens/predators.

grey fox
Originally posted by Deathstroke
It'd be 10,000 from Helms Deep, the 180,000-230,000 from the battle of Minas Tirith, and all the other dudes he mentioned against the 4,000 aliens/predators.

Feh.

The Preds will eventually lose, Aliens though will impregnate or transform too many so they'll have self re-newing forces.

Burning thought
hmm good chance either way, aliens are pretty tough, every one the orcs may kill the acid is likely to kill most orcs in a group, if this is just orcs i think Aliens and preds have a fair chance, unfrotunatley preds aint the same without all their equipment

SuperiorTech
Aliens and Pedators ftw

celestialdemon
If you are including all the armies of Isengard AND Mordor, then they win easily. As good as the Aliens and Predators might be, there are way too many people on team one's side, not to mention the Nazgul, dragons, trolls, Shelob, and the Balrog.

grey fox
Originally posted by celestialdemon
If you are including all the armies of Isengard AND Mordor, then they win easily. As good as the Aliens and Predators might be, there are way too many people on team one's side, not to mention the Nazgul, dragons, trolls, Shelob, and the Balrog.

laughing

Hell no son.

Some pansies in shitty armour take on 2000 highly trained galactic warriors and they will DIE.

1. How long are Men of Minas Tirith trained for ? Bet it isn't from Birth.

P -1 MT-0

2. The Men of Numenor in their Prime were scared shitless of Sauron on the battlefield whom had inhuman strength. Preds casually take on Queens with delight and can kick over tanks.

P - 2 MT- 0

3. Minas Tirith tech is made from crude workmanship of ordinary minerals and alloys. Preds have Alien weaponry far sharper and durable then the shoddy pieces of crap used by the men of MT.

P - 3 MT- 0

Shall I go on ? Lets not , it's starting to become a little embarrassing for us humans.

Anyway.....

Shelob - Giant f*cking Spider, nothing a Pred can't handle. Hell ONE predator cleaned out an entire planet of fiercer creatures in Concrete Jungle

Balrog was on no ones side save its own

Dragons ? Oh you mean the Nazgul's mounts. They were killed by 1 arrow and a single sword swing. Hunting Trophy anyone ?

Nazgul are the only pain in the ass here.

illadelph12
I think the Xenomorphs on their own could kill all the LoR characters.

celestialdemon
laughing

Hell no son.

Some pansies in shitty armour take on 2000 highly trained galactic warriors and they will DIE.

You do realize how many warriors are on the opposite side, right? There's a few hundred thousand on that side. If you give 200,000 humans with weapons against the 2,000 aliens and predators, and they would have a shot at winning.

1. How long are Men of Minas Tirith trained for ? Bet it isn't from Birth.

P -1 MT-0

It's possible but not stated one way or the other. So you don't know.

2. The Men of Numenor in their Prime were scared shitless of Sauron on the battlefield whom had inhuman strength. Preds casually take on Queens with delight and can kick over tanks.

P - 2 MT- 0

They weren't just scared of him because of his strength. They were scared of him because going into the battle they had heard rumors of how powerful and terrible he was. Going into the battle, they finally confront him, a (roughly) 10-foot demon looking creature who wipes out about a dozen men with each swing.

3. Minas Tirith tech is made from crude workmanship of ordinary minerals and alloys. Preds have Alien weaponry far sharper and durable then the shoddy pieces of crap used by the men of MT.

P - 3 MT- 0

Read the intro. Predators have staff, hunting knife, and hook. Nothing about armor, and the last time I checked, a predator's body can be harmed by conventional weapons.

Deathstroke
Are the armies just fighting in an open field?

Scoobless
Even Orcs would sh!t themselves at the sight of 2000 Aliens after seeing what they can do.

ETs win via "runaway".

yes

SuperiorTech
Aliens go in first their strong, fast, and very durable takes alot fo put these guys down.Having acid for blood is an added bonus they will go threw most of the army themselves and then the predators can do clean up.

Deathstroke
I'm still not sold on the A's and P's winning this. They'd be outnumbered about 75-1 not including Oliphants and such that could trample several enemies a piece before going down. There would be a lot of dead orcs laying around after this though.

celestialdemon
I'm still not sold on the A's and P's winning this. They'd be outnumbered about 75-1 not including Oliphants and such that could trample several enemies a piece before going down. There would be a lot of dead orcs laying around after this though.

Exactly. I have no doubt the aliens and predators will cause massive casualties to this army. If you put them against just the 10,000 Uruk-hai, I'd give them the win 10/10. But against this many is just insane.

illadelph12
It's not really so insane when you consider that with each casualty the Xenomorph's cause they could potentially implant an embryo into the victim and increase their own numbers exponentially, not to mention the fact that a majority of the opposition are cowardly and would run in fear of a Xenomorph drone, let alone a Queen or Xenomorph/Pred Hybrid. If Legalos can take down a stampeding Oliphant and all of it's riders I'm pretty sure a Predator or Xenomorph could. One Xenomorph can kill dozens of people. Particularly when their prey is only armed with close range bladed weaponry.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by illadelph12
It's not really so insane when you consider that with each casualty the Xenomorph's cause they could potentially implant an embryo into the victim and increase their own numbers exponentially,

This is a time-consuming process. It wouldn't be an effective tactic during a fight of this magnitude.

not to mention the fact that a majority of the opposition are cowardly and would run in fear of a Xenomorph drone, let alone a Queen or Xenomorph/Pred Hybrid.

Nothing was mentioned about a Queen or hybrid, so we can't use those. They are cowardly in a fight, but they don't show cowardice when they outnumber their enemy, which they definitely do here.

If Legalos can take down a stampeding Oliphant and all of it's riders I'm pretty sure a Predator or Xenomorph could.

I'll concede that, but an Oliphant is still going to cause casualties.

One Xenomorph can kill dozens of people. Particularly when their prey is only armed with close range bladed weaponry.

Here's the thing. Even if one killed dozens of people, it still won't be enough. Assuming it's 2,000 predators and 2,000 aliens, they are still outnumbered around 50-1. If it's 2,000 aliens and predators combined, then that's 100-1. Is that really possible? Doesn't seem so to me.

psycho gundam
one predator simply decides to self destruct in order to get the most kills
and go to predator paradise and get his 72 earth virgins.

angel

golem370
I thought the pods were the only way to seed people? No ring wraiths you have the 10,000 Uruk-hai from Two Towers and the Warg Riders. The combined army on Return of the King the one who stormed Minas Tirith including the the ones at the end that Aragorn & company fought at the black gate of Mordo also not just Uruk-hai but the giant trolls that had battle armor and the Oliphants

Deathstroke
Do the predators have their cloaking ability for this fight?

golem370
No but from what I seen like in Predator the movie he was like 10 times stronger then a normal man and had superior agility stamina and reflexes they also have superior fighting skills. The Aliens in my opinion are just as fast if not faster there meanier and pretty damn strong also. The Predators each get those throwing stars there hooks staff and a hunting knife

Deathstroke
Are the throwing stars like the disc from predator 2 that can cut through just about anything?

golem370
Yeah but they only get like 3 of them

Inhuman
disc from predator 2 will cut everyone down rather quickly. Even trolls, eliphants, dragons, ect.

golem370
Alright no discs

Inhuman
Originally posted by golem370
Alright no discs

but the stars are different. They dont go through everything they are like giant ninja stars.

golem370
From AVP are the ones I am talking about.

Deathstroke
From AVP are the ones I am talking about.
Ok, I think I know what you're talking about.

Utrigita
Are we allowed to take Predators combatform from the comic books into account??? Ore is this purely The predators from the Movies???

Also someone ealier mentioned that Predators could be harmed by convential Weapons, how many shotgun shot was fired at blank range into a predator in Predator 2 without it dying ore even showing signs of being affected???

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Utrigita

Also someone ealier mentioned that Predators could be harmed by convential Weapons, how many shotgun shot was fired at blank range into a predator in Predator 2 without it dying ore even showing signs of being affected???

Yet he was still killed by a bladed weapon.

Utrigita
Yet he was still killed by a bladed weapon.

If I remember correctly it was by his own disc wasn't it???

snoopdogg
In Predator 2 the Predator was hit with liquid nitrogen to no effects. That was pretty cool. And in AVP one was hit with a flame thrower harmlessly. Predators have good durability.

jrodslam
Is the army for the dead involved here?

If not, aliens and preds for the win.

Deathstroke
If I remember correctly it was by his own disc wasn't it???

That is correct.

grey fox
You do realize how many warriors are on the opposite side, right? There's a few hundred thousand on that side. If you give 200,000 humans with weapons against the 2,000 aliens and predators, and they would have a shot at winning.

And if your 200,000 humans have weaponry equivalent to a knife in a gunfight then their suuuuuuuuuure to win roll eyes (sarcastic) . Numbers are a good strategy , but when the numbers are using shitty weaponry and have weak willed emotions then their just being set up for a fall.

It's possible but not stated one way or the other. So you don't know.

Predators ARE however .

They weren't just scared of him because of his strength. They were scared of him because going into the battle they had heard rumors of how powerful and terrible he was. Going into the battle, they finally confront him, a (roughly) 10-foot demon looking creature who wipes out about a dozen men with each swing.

Meh, the humans are still quite fearful. Who the f*ck in their right MIND would want to take on 4000 A&P ? Trained Marines went crazy after a few Aliens started decimating their ranks.

Read the intro. Predators have staff, hunting knife, and hook. Nothing about armor, and the last time I checked, a predator's body can be harmed by conventional weapons.

Preds have Punisher esque damage soak. Glover filled a preds torso with lead and it pretty much ignored it.

Utrigita
That is correct.

I don't know about you but I see a difference between the disc that was uses and a sword available to the Uruk's and Uruk-hai's

Doctor-Alvis
When I was little I was terrified of that disc. And then cds were becoming popular and I was never supposed to touch them... man, what was a 7 year old doing watching Predator 2?

Anyway, I think the Xenomorphs and Predators have a good shot because of their stealth and speed. And power. They'd likely hang out out in the woodsy areas. If the armies just rush in they'd get massacred. If they went for deforesting, they'd still take heavy losses but could get them all. If they just torched it all, that would make things a bit more complicated.

Do the Aliens have ways of creating queens or do they start with one? If so, the armies would get overran fairly fast.

celestialdemon
And if your 200,000 humans have weaponry equivalent to a knife in a gunfight then their suuuuuuuuuure to win roll eyes (sarcastic) . Numbers are a good strategy , but when the numbers are using shitty weaponry and have weak willed emotions then their just being set up for a fall.

This isn't melee vs. ranged weapons. It's melee vs. melee. The fact that the predators are more skilled and have more advanced weapons just means they will kill more than at a 1 to 1 ratio. And yes, numbers aren't everything, but when they are THIS overwhelming, it's hard to overcome.

Predators ARE however .

So were Spartans. Big deal. I'm not questioning the Predators being more skilled.

Meh, the humans are still quite fearful. Who the f*ck in their right MIND would want to take on 4000 A&P ? Trained Marines went crazy after a few Aliens started decimating their ranks.

If this is a fight to the death, then it doesn't matter whether they want to or not.

Preds have Punisher esque damage soak. Glover filled a preds torso with lead and it pretty much ignored it.

He didn't ignore it. He ended up patching up his shotgun wounds along with his hand later on. So it obviously hurt him.

Alfheim
I cant see the Preds and Aleins wiinning there are just too many. I mean hell the even have aerial attack. I mean do the preds have any ranged attack at all?

....dont you think you're blowing things out or proportion. That happened with one part of the army and they hand gandalf helping them....it didnt happen at that....other place were they needed a ghost army to help them. They would have also lost if Frodo hadnt destoryed the ring when they attacked the black gates....there just too many this is absurd.

Alfheim
Actually ive just thought of a way in which they could win...I mean if its battlefield some prep is involved....they dont just get telepoted there and fight

Meh...i want the preds to win btu I cant see it happening.

golem370
What if the predators are elder predators and not just your everyday Predators.

Newjak
I don't know.

Preds are tough and their weapons are very tough.

I think a tight circle of Pred's against such an inferior foe would be hard as hell to break for these people. Especially without arrows and the like.

golem370
I would think in a tight circle they would be over powered but let say the Predators are in the middle of the LOTR army but the aliens are on the outside of the army

Newjak
You'd think so but a circle of 2,000 Preds against such clrealy inferior foes.

Plus circling up means the people can only attack with so many people at once.

The Pred's have the far better weapons and strength and skill.

I don't even know they the army could even kill a pred until the Pred's got tired and then maybe sloppy but they are highly durable and have good Stamina.

golem370
Well yeah the predators the way you want them and the aliens the ways I said. But you also has Wolves of Isengard who are quite strong and pretty quick and those trolls who are very powerful maybe twice as strong as a predator and pretty durable too

Newjak
Well yeah the predators the way you want them and the aliens the ways I said. But you also has Wolves of Isengard who are quite strong and pretty quick and those trolls who are very powerful maybe twice as strong as a predator and pretty durable too I know.

But any real threat like maybe the wolves or trolls would get taken down with the disks fairly easily.

I just think despite the numbers the Pred's control this fight because

A) 2000 Aliens are going to tear through that army worse than any Balrog ever could.

B) 2000 tightly formed Pred's will be harder to break than the 300 Spartans were. I mean until the Pred's begin to tire I don't see the army even killing a single pred. They are tough and their weapons will break through anything hurled at them easily.

snoopdogg
Imo a Predator>Spartan.

golem370
Wouldn't the Predator's be out of there element since there hunters and not really warriors although in AVP it was what three Predators vs a swarm of Aliens but they had there cannons in those fights. It would be one hell of a fight by all means.

Newjak
They are both Hunters and Warriors

snoopdogg
Yea, they hunt dangerous prey to move up the ranks iirc. They do have armies.

Superman said it best in one of the crossovers with Predators:

"They aren't evil, they're just dangerous".

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Newjak
I know.

I just think despite the numbers the Pred's control this fight because

A) 2000 Aliens are going to tear through that army worse than any Balrog ever could.

B) 2000 tightly formed Pred's will be harder to break than the 300 Spartans were. I mean until the Pred's begin to tire I don't see the army even killing a single pred. They are tough and their weapons will break through anything hurled at them easily.

You're giving the Predators way too much credit. Predators won't fight like the Spartans because that's not their style. They are hunters. They don't wait for enemies to come to them.

And the only reason the Spartans were able to hold on as long as they did was because of the narrow passage. If they tried that same tactic in an open battlefield, they would have gotten slaughtered.

But any real threat like maybe the wolves or trolls would get taken down with the disks fairly easily.

No disks in this fight.

Newjak
You're giving the Predators way too much credit. Predators won't fight like the Spartans because that's not their style. And the only reason the Spartans were able to hold on as long as they did was because of the narrow passage. If they tried that same tactic in an open battlefield, they would have gotten slaughtered.

No disks in this fight. I know about the Spartans.

I was just affirming that any organized Pred's even in a circle will be harder to break than the 300 were.

The Pred's have every advantage in this match except for numbers. I don't even think they will lose a Pred until they tire a lot and by then wave after wave of the Army will be dead.

The Opening Post said they did

golem370
Those weapons they pull out then shake and it unfolds are the weapons that they do have not the ones that Glover cut the Predators arm off with.

Newjak
Those weapons they pull out then shake and it unfolds are the weapons that they do have not the ones that Glover cut the Predators arm off with. Even those will kill a troll or wolf quickly.

snoopdogg
A well thrown disc would take the head of a troll off. Probably numerous trolls. In one of the comics a single disc took the heads off like 4 humans with one throw.

golem370
The Predators each get those throwing stars there hooks staff and a hunting knife

It took quite abit to kill that Cave Troll Legolis even shot him in the head and he didn't drop. I would say all together in there armies they're will be 20 armored trolls 10 Oliphants and 20 Wolves

snoopdogg
Legolas was putting down Wolves with a single arrow.

Gecko4lif
they could pull it off if they fought in waves and cycles

I see the preds and aliens winning

golem370
These were the trolls I were talking about the ones from Isengard and the Black Gate of Mordo Olog'Hai- http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/default.asp?url=http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/o/ologhai.html & http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Olog-hai

golem370
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Legolas was putting down Wolves with a single arrow.

Yeah but it took more then one arrow to bring down that cave troll

Alfheim
What if the predators are elder predators and not just your everyday Predators.

Please make them Elder, obvoulsy they are tougher but how much tougher.

Those weapons they pull out then shake and it unfolds are the weapons

Ok thats much better they defintenly need some ranged attack. By the way roughly how many of are there on the other side. I estimated something like 500,000.

golem370
I have no idea all I know there was 10,000 at the deep

golem370
Well there maybe not tougher but smarter more skilled and have more experienced.

celestialdemon
I know about the Spartans.

I was just affirming that any organized Pred's even in a circle will be harder to break than the 300 were.

They certainly will be, but the Predators won't be defensive waiting for attacks. They will be offensive like they always are, and that will leave them open to attacks.

The Pred's have every advantage in this match except for numbers.

Agree.

I don't even think they will lose a Pred until they tire a lot and by then wave after wave of the Army will be dead.

That's giving the Predators way too much credit. Using the weapons they have been given, they are going to suffer casualties at all stages of the fight, including the beginning. There's just too many enemies for them not to.

Alfheim
I have no idea all I know there was 10,000 at the deep

Ok good if you could give us a roguh figure because that helps give some idea of the odds. For example if all the Prdators threw there spears at the enemy they could possibly kill 2000 of the enemy.....etcetc

Well there maybe not tougher but smarter more skilled and have more experienced.

Ok think we might stick with the younger ones then....at any case the younger ones are good enough especillay if youi give them the throwing stars that will make one hell of a difference.

Aliens can go on the frontline, as soon as the enemy find out they are acidic all hell is going to lose. The Predators stand behind the alliens throwing the stars. The combination of the aliens and the stars will create huge losses. Even if they lose the stars then can stab at the enemy from behind the aliens.

Hell even before the aliens reach the enemy the pred can use the stars to launch a long ranga attack.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Alfheim
Ok thats much better they defintenly need some ranged attack. By the way roughly how many of are there on the other side. I estimated something like 500,000.

There were about 10,000 Uruk-Hai at Helm's Deep, about 250-300,000 orcs and trolls at Pelennor Fields, and around 60,000 orcs and trolls at the Black Gate.

golem370

Alfheim
There were about 10,000 Uruk-Hai at Helm's Deep, about 250-300,000 orcs and trolls at Pelennor Fields, and around 60,000 orcs and trolls at the Black Gate.

At any rate we got 300, 000 for our exact figure. Can anyone confirm wether the orcs were fearless because fear will be an important factor. When they find out that the aliens are acidic this will cause chaos. Hell even if they get suqished by an elephant the elphant will retreat when they feel the acid. the odds are 300 to 1 though.

That's giving the Predators way too much credit. Using the weapons they have been given, they are going to suffer casualties at all stages of the fight, including the beginning. There's just too many enemies for them not to.

Heres how I plan the battle:

Charge the enemy. Aliens in front Preds at back before you are in striking distance throw your stars, several thousand will probably die befroe you reach them. When you finally reach them the aliens with the sheer ferocity wil scare the soldiers as well as when they find out they are acidic, this will cause chaos in the rank. The only problem with this is that certain types of orcs actually seem fearless and even if they are getting cut down by acid fear wont mopve them back but pain will. While the aliens are cutting a path through the enmy the preds keep throxing the stars. What happen is that the aliens and pred aremy become like a massive lawn mower.

celestialdemon
At any rate we got 300, 000 for our exact figure. Can anyone confirm wether the orcs were fearless because fear will be an important factor. When they find out that the aliens are acidic this will cause chaos. Hell even if they get suqished by an elephant the elphant will retreat when they feel the acid. the odds are 300 to 1 though.

Heres how I plan the battle:

Charge the enemy. Aliens in front Preds at back before you are in striking distance throw your stars, several thousand will probably die befroe you reach them. When you finally reach them the aliens with the sheer ferocity wil scare the soldiers as well as when they find out they are acidic, this will cause chaos in the rank. The only problem with this is that certain types of orcs actually seem fearless and even if they are getting cut down by acid fear wont mopve them back but pain will. While the aliens are cutting a path through the enmy the preds keep throxing the stars. What happen is that the aliens and pred aremy become like a massive lawn mower.

I still don't see it being enough to take on an army of this size.

Alfheim
I still don't see it being enough to take on an army of this size.

They have a speed advantage as well. Preds are many times faster than well trained humans. They could literially run circles around the enemy throwing stars at them. Until the army is small enough to engage.

I also think something like this happened in histroy 200, 000 Celts took on something like 20, 0000 or 2000 Romans. The Romans put up a barrier, used their shields as portection and slashed at the celts and marched forward. The Celts at the front ended up getting crushed because people at the front were dying and the Romans kept marching forward.

The only problem is that the battle took back in rekativelly narrow envinronment not an open field like this battle.

celestialdemon
They have a speed advantage as well. Preds are many times faster than well trained humans. They could literially run circles around the enemy throwing stars at them. Until the army is small enough to engage.

According to golem, he's giving them 3 stars each, so they can't keep circling them. Even if they didn't run out, 2,000 can't circle 300,000 without being EXTREMELY thinned out.

I also think something like this happened in histroy 200, 000 Celts took on something like 20, 0000 or 2000 Romans. The Romans put up a barrier, used their shields as portection and slashed at the celts and marched forward. The Celts at the front ended up getting crushed because people at the front were dying and the Romans kept marching forward.

The only problem is that the battle took back in rekativelly narrow envinronment not an open field like this battle.

If this was a narrow passage, then I don't doubt the Predators could kill every single one of these guys. But in an open field, it's not happening.

Alfheim
According to golem, he's giving them 3 stars each, so they can't keep circling them. Even if they didn't run out, 2,000 can't circle 300,000 without being EXTREMELY thinned out.

Yeah but the stars are like bommerangs.

If this was a narrow passage, then I don't doubt the Predators could kill every single one of these guys. But in an open field, it's not happening.

Yeah I know.......I think the number should be increased to 10.000. I really really wanna give it to the preds but deep down inside my mind tells me its just not happening.

WhiteWitchKing
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehunted/weapons/destruct.jpg

Alfheim
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehunted/weapons/destruct.jpg

Thats what I was thinking. laughing , but its not allowed in this thread. sad

Deathstroke
I don't know about you but I see a difference between the disc that was uses and a sword available to the Uruk's and Uruk-hai's
Quite true, but the Predators have never been shown to be impervious to slashing or cutting weapons.

Inhuman
So Preds get their hunting spears, 3 throwing starts each, and their arm blades(wolverine like) ? What about their nets?
If they were experianced preds or elders they might stand a chance.
Aliens are frontline bricks. When killed would still take out an ork or 2 with their acid.
Should have added face huggers as well. TroLiens? DragonLiens? EliPhantLiens?

JackieCD
Team 2.

snoopdogg
Are the Predators allowed their cloaking devices?

SpiderGauntlet
The predators could easily kill 20,000+ people with their shurikens.

Burning thought
Orcs would likely disperse, urakai unlikely disperse but Orcs, they are cowardly critters, they would end up fleeing and their ranks would break up, also numbers dont always win, not even these huge numbers, i think preds and aliens take this with ease now ime looking at things

preds with their high tech weapons would slash right through the ranks of the orcs like a hot knife through butter, their terribly equiped, since all they have is numbers and this will not count for much considering half the orcs wil start to retreat or regroup elsware

Alfheim
Originally posted by Burning thought
Orcs would likely disperse, urakai unlikely disperse but Orcs, they are cowardly critters, they would end up fleeing and their ranks would break up, also numbers dont always win, not even these huge numbers, i think preds and aliens take this with ease now ime looking at things

preds with their high tech weapons would slash right through the ranks of the orcs like a hot knife through butter, their terribly equiped, since all they have is numbers and this will not count for much considering half the orcs wil start to retreat or regroup elsware

I think your thinking of goblins. They was a certain type of orc I think in LOTR that didnt feel any pain and had no fear.

grey fox
I think your thinking of goblins. They was a certain type of orc I think in LOTR that didnt feel any pain and had no fear.

That'd be the Berserker Urak-hai (?)

Are their Elders within this match ?

Alfheim
That'd be the Berserker Urak-hai (?)

Er....yeah. If they are at the front this may be a bit of a problem because they wont retreat until their dead or they cant walk. If the others are at the front the others will shit their pants and run especially when the acid starts to spill.

Are their Elders within this match ?

Depends. Golem said Elders were more experienced and more skilled but not nceesarily tougher, so I said we might stick to the younger ones. As far as im concerned if the Elders will be tougher then the younger ones then all the preds are Elders. I want to give the preds the best odds.

grey fox
Er....yeah. If they are at the front this may be a bit of a problem because they wont retreat until their dead or they cant walk. If the others are at the front the others will shit their pants and run especially when the acid starts to spill.

Depends. Golem said Elders were more experienced and more skilled but not nceesarily tougher, so I said we might stick to the younger ones. As far as im concerned if the Elders will be tougher then the younger ones then all the preds are Elders. I want to give the preds the best odds.

Let mE put it like this.....

Warriors understand that --while they are heavily skilled-- to take down a Nest of Aliens and a Queen it is almost necessary to have a Plasma Caster.

Elders on thew other hand kill entire nests and Queens with their BARE HANDS

Alfheim

Warriors understand that --while they are heavily skilled-- to take down a Nest of Aliens and a Queen it is almost necessary to have a Plasma Caster.

how many aliens in a nest and how many queens? How many Elders?

grey fox
how many aliens in a nest and how many queens? How many Elders?

An average Nest can have between 25-200 Aliens in it. While never explicitly stated , it is implied only a single Elder and usually a singular Queen.

Within Ya'juta society their is no concept of 'retirment'. You either get so old that you become sloppy and die or you become STRONGER and receive the revered status of 'Elder'.

Alfheim
An average Nest can have between 25-200 Aliens in it. While never explicitly stated , it is implied only a single Elder and usually a singular Queen.

Within Ya'juta society their is no concept of 'retirment'. You either get so old that you become sloppy and die or you become STRONGER and receive the revered status of 'Elder'.

Right ok how many Elders raided the nest though?

grey fox
As I stated, it is implied only one.

snoopdogg
As I stated, it is implied only one. What issue was this shown in?

grey fox
Originally posted by snoopdogg
What issue was this shown in?

Not an Issue, in one of the books and wiki.

Kutulu

Much props to the Predators. A single Elder would probably take out 1000+ Isengard / Mordo troops by himself.

Alfheim

Oh ****. Elders for the win.

grey fox
I am however, unsure about the accuracy of my statement. I may be getting Elders confused with Pred-aliens. I'm about 60% sure i'm right.

Alfheim
I am however, unsure about the accuracy of my statement. I may be getting Elders confused with Pred-aliens. I'm about 60% sure i'm right.

What you mean they might have been younger ones? If thats the case its a win win situation. Eitther way were sticking with Elder preds.

Soljer
What you mean they might have been younger ones? If thats the case its a win win situation. Eitther way were sticking with Elder preds.

It's not just experience, it's species.

Predaliens are totally different.

Utrigita
Quite true, but the Predators have never been shown to be impervious to slashing or cutting weapons.

Well thats because the only bladed weapon they have been hit with so far a weapon of there own design a weapon capable of resisting the Acid from Aliens and cutting through Steel Without problems, more then can be said for the Mordor blades, thats why I find it unlikely that a slash from the mordor blades will hurt a Predator smile

Utrigita
Originally posted by Burning thought

Agreed we all saw how the orcs trembled with fear when Rohan attacked imagine it is Aliens instead...

Deathstroke
Well thats because the only bladed weapon they have been hit with so far a weapon of there own design a weapon capable of resisting the Acid from Aliens and cutting through Steel Without problems, more then can be said for the Mordor blades, thats why I find it unlikely that a slash from the mordor blades will hurt a Predator smile
I was thinking more along the lines of alien claws damaging them.

Utrigita
I was thinking more along the lines of alien claws damaging them.

Okay I misunderstood you then

Deathstroke
Okay I misunderstood you then

It's cool.

Alfheim
Agreed we all saw how the orcs trembled with fear when Rohan attacked imagine it is Aliens instead...

They had Gandalf at the front. Gandalf who prior to his upgrade fought a Surtur type being. erm

Utrigita
They had Gandalf at the front. Gandalf who prior to his upgrade fought a Surtur type being. erm

Really I didn't saw him at Minas Tirith riding in front of the Rohirim did you??? neither did I read about it in the book did you???

It was like 200.000 (some of the orcs inside the city so I discount 100.000) orcs against what was there 12.000 rohirem and they ran straigth through them.

Alfheim
Really I didn't saw him at Minas Tirith riding in front of the Rohirim did you??? neither did I read about it in the book did you???

Alright calm down

It was like 200.000 (some of the orcs inside the city so I discount 100.000) orcs against what was there 12.000 rohirem and they ran straigth through them.

Im talking about in the film when reinforcments came. What incident are you refering to?

Utrigita
Alright calm down

Sorry embarrasment

Im talking about in the film when reinforcments came. What incident are you refering to?

I'm talking about the third film the battle at minas Tirith there was like 300.000 orcs outside the city in the beginning at the battle then the Orcs with there siege ram manage to knockdown the gates and then Orcs pour into the city so I did a quick calculation and said that there was 200.000 orcs left outside the city, these troops outside the city was then cut down by the Forces of Rohan smile

Alfheim
Sorry embarrasment

I'm talking about the third film the battle at minas Tirith there was like 300.000 orcs outside the city in the beginning at the battle then the Orcs with there siege ram manage to knockdown the gates and then Orcs pour into the city so I did a quick calculation and said that there was 200.000 orcs left outside the city, these troops outside the city was then cut down by the Forces of Rohan smile

Ok I was refering to the second film. Hmmmm is this when the ghost army arrived?

Utrigita
Ok I was refering to the second film. Hmmmm is this when the ghost army arrived?

The ghost army arrived after the Oliephants had arrived, and the orcs had been driven off.

Kutulu

I thought the ghosts arrived afterwards.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Kutulu
I thought the ghosts arrived afterwards.

They did

Alfheim
The ghost army arrived after the Oliephants had arrived, and the orcs had been driven off.

Ok im lost. laughing out loud Nevermind. At any rate it seems some orcs were immune to fear and pain like the ones in the first and second film.

Utrigita
Ok im lost. laughing out loud Nevermind. At any rate it seems some orcs were immune to fear and pain like the ones in the first and second film.

There is a great difference between the orcs from the the LOTR I and II and the orcs from III.

the scene I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6vv0gjGBE will come just a few minutes into the film

Alfheim
There is a great difference between the orcs from the the LOTR I and II and the orcs from III.

In fact I think the ones in 3 might have been goblins.....the there were the giant armoured ones....

celestialdemon

No, but I don't recall in the book where the Orcs ran when Rohan arrived at Minas Tirith either.

And yet the humans were still getting decimated and would have lost had it not been for the Dunharrow.

Utrigita
No, but I don't recall in the book where the Orcs ran when Rohan arrived at Minas Tirith either.

No I didn't But I remember the orcs scatter when Rohan broke there ranks. Just like in the movie smile

And yet the humans were still getting decimated and would have lost had it not been for the Dunharrow.

Decimated by the Oliephants not the orcs that in the movie had already ran for the River. But agreed the Dunharrow assured the Humans the victory.

Utrigita
In fact I think the ones in 3 might have been goblins.....the there were the giant armoured ones....

they where orcs buddy those armored ones where trolls.

Alfheim

the scene I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6vv0gjGBE will come just a few minutes into the film

Oh right well....they all look the same to me. Anyway from grey fox told me about Elder Preds. Pred and Aliens win this.

they where orcs buddy those armored ones where trolls.

Ok but they're still not as tough as the ones in 1 and 2.

Utrigita
Oh right well....they all look the same to me. Anyway from grey fox told me about Elder Preds. Pred and Aliens win this.

What did grey fox say???

Ok but they're still not as tough as the ones in 1 and 2.

Not the Uruk (orcs seen in LOTR III) the ones you are talking about are the Uruk-Hai's (Orcs seen in LOTR I and II) and they are more deadly IMO then the Uruk's but there are still only like 10.000 of them.

Alfheim
What did grey fox say???

Not the Uruk (orcs seen in LOTR III) the ones you are talking about are the Uruk-Hai's (Orcs seen in LOTR I and II) and they are more deadly IMO then the Uruk's but there are still only like 10.000 of them.

Basically kill off all URuk hais and then **** up everybody else.

Utrigita
Basically kill off all URuk hais and then **** up everybody else.

okay oversaw that it was changed to elder predators???

Alfheim
okay oversaw that it was changed to elder predators???

Well basically yeah. Golem offered to change it to Elders, golem stated that elders maybe more skilled but not neccesarily tougher. I then said maybe we should stick to young preds but since grey fox confirmed their badassnes were sticking to Elders. I think thats only fair. Golem confirmed that the army is 300,000 and there are only 2000 preds and aliens.

its not official but I dont se Golem having a problem and GF was fine with what I said....so elder preds it is.

Utrigita
Well basically yeah. Golem offered to change it to Elders, golem stated that elders maybe more skilled but not neccesarily tougher. I then said maybe we should stick to young preds but since grey fox confirmed their badassnes were sticking to Elders. I think thats only fair. Golem confirmed that the army is 300,000 and there are only 2000 preds and aliens.

Well if we are going by the movie we then saw what 12000 horseriders did to the orc army, and I would find 2000 aliens running at me much more scary and elder predators too I know it sounds insane but I think the A&P stands a chance of winning

Alfheim
Well if we are going by the movie we then saw what 12000 horseriders did to the orc army, and I would find 2000 aliens running at me much more scary and elder predators too I know it sounds insane but I think the A&P stands a chance of winning

I know....basically this is how I plan it. Wipe out the uruk hait first. They most likely will be sent off first.

Elders throw spears. 2000 uruk hai gone. Elders throw two stars at the same time another 4000 uruk hai, the range of the stars is not that great and would probably been thorwn while they are charging. by the time UH get to them there will be only 4000 left..another double star throw..another 4000 left....teh sic the aleins on them. All the elders need to do is just basically walk behind them and stab wt whovere is left.

celestialdemon
No I didn't But I remember the orcs scatter when Rohan broke there ranks. Just like in the movie smile

Scattered doesn't mean beaten. They scattered because there were thousands of horses charging at full speed after them.

Decimated by the Oliephants not the orcs that in the movie had already ran for the River. But agreed the Dunharrow assured the Humans the victory.

The orcs were still there in the book, so I guess it depends on which version we are using.

Alfheim
Scattered doesn't mean beaten. They scattered because there were thousands of horses charging at full speed after them.

Yeah and when they start getting splashed by acid theyre gonna head for the hills. I think if they run far enouigh that is defeated its a type of BFR. laughing

celestialdemon
Yeah and when they start getting splashed by acid theyre gonna head for the hills. I think if they run far enouigh that is defeated its a type of BFR. laughing

But does that apply in this battle or is it a battle to the death?

Alfheim
But does that apply in this battle or is it a battle to the death?

Not sure. CIS is on...so when they get splashed with acid they will hit the gas. At any rate one Elder pred can take a nest full of aliens including the queen with its bare hands. One Elder could probably kill hundreds of orcs.

golem370
In a open range fight the aliens would not have any where to sneak up on people they would be a little off in a field fight but aliens are strong and fast. It would be cool to see the wolves fighting a alien also I think the trolls will do some damage. I think the Aliens and Predator each need a general for direction.

celestialdemon
Not sure. CIS is on...so when they get splashed with acid they will hit the gas. At any rate one Elder pred can take a nest full of aliens including the queen with its bare hands. One Elder could probably kill hundreds of orcs.

I saw greyfox mention that. I'd have to see scans of that to believe as it seems unbelievable any predator can do that.

Kutulu

Maybe even thousands IMHO... the Orcs in LOTR were basically pretty crappy soldiers when it comes down to it.

Alfheim
I saw greyfox mention that. I'd have to see scans of that to believe as it seems unbelievable any predator can do that.

I dunno man they are Elders plus Preds have an extended lifespan so they have greater scope to get better. Hell younger preds are mad enoguh as it is so it not that much of a stretch.

Originally posted by Kutulu
Maybe even thousands IMHO... the Orcs in LOTR were basically pretty crappy soldiers when it comes down to it.

Yeah man....they kinda sucked..

celestialdemon
I dunno man they are Elders plus Preds have an extended lifespan so they have greater scope to get better. Hell younger preds are mad enoguh as it is so it not that much of a stretch.

Oh I have no doubt Elders are bad ass. It wouldn't surprise me to see them kill a couple dozen aliens with their bare hands. But to kill an entire nest of up to 200 aliens plus the queen, I'd have to see scans of that. I can't imagine anyone below Hulk-level doing that.

Alfheim
Oh I have no doubt Elders are bad ass. It wouldn't surprise me to see them kill a couple dozen aliens with their bare hands. But to kill an entire nest of up to 200 aliens plus the queen, I'd have to see scans of that. I can't imagine anyone below Hulk-level doing that.

Incresed speed and martial prowess. Anyway id like to see scans to.

Utrigita

No it just means that the part that was to be there army will turn tail and run smile

The orcs were still there in the book, so I guess it depends on which version we are using.

But the main part of the army was running as well wasn't it??? thats the way I remember it.

celestialdemon
No it just means that the part that was to be there army will turn tail and run smile

But the main part of the army was running as well wasn't it??? thats the way I remember it.

I'll have to read it again when I get home, but I doubt that's the way it played out in the book.

Utrigita
I'll have to read it again when I get home, but I doubt that's the way it played out in the book.

reading through it now...

celestialdemon
reading through it now...

Lucky. stick out tongue

Utrigita
Lucky. stick out tongue

but tired as well so cannot read shit sad check it just in case I may very well overlook it stick out tongue

Alfheim
reading through it now... stick out tongue ....geek.... *runs out of the thread*

celestialdemon
but tired as well so cannot read shit sad check it just in case I may very well overlook it stick out tongue

Will do as soon as this damn work thing is out of the way.

Utrigita
stick out tongue ....geek.... *runs out of the thread*

may I ask why confused

Utrigita
Will do as soon as this damn work thing is out of the way.

Good two set of eyes sees better then one

Alfheim
may I ask why confused

Im just messin with you....damn your so serious. no expression Coming from me thats saying something.

Utrigita
Im just messin with you....damn your so serious. no expression Coming from me thats saying something.

I know, but I'm tired I have two germans in my house at the moment and humor is a city in russia at the moment latter tonight I would have seen the humor but at the moment life ... well... sucks... awefully sad

Alfheim
I know, but I'm tired I have two germans in my house at the moment and humor is a city in russia at the moment latter tonight I would have seen the humor but at the moment life ... well... sucks... awefully sad

....yeah know what you mean. sad Anyway hope things get better. smile

Utrigita
....yeah know what you mean. sad Anyway hope things get better. smile

Thanks I need the support at the moment, Well things will look better in a hour ore so I hope wink

Alfheim
Thanks I need the support at the moment, Well things will look better in a hour ore so I hope wink

Just hang in there man and keeping trying to get where you wanna go.....ok im gonna stop now. laughing out loud

Utrigita
Just hang in there man and keeping trying to get where you wanna go.....ok im gonna stop now. laughing out loud

I... I... I can see the light angel Nooo..... wait it was just a flash I'm still here.... sadangel so far wink

Utrigita
I... I... I can see the light angel Nooo..... wait it was just a flash I'm still here.... sadangel so far wink

They way okay, what are we going to debate I'm ready big grin

Alfheim
Well it seems preds win this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.