Hiro Nakamura vs. The Flash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
who takes it, the time manipulatin samurai or the man who can outrun it

janus77
depends how fast Hiro can think.
realistically Hiro's dead, no way he should be able to have a coherent thought (ie "oh shit, get me out of here!"wink before Flash is all over him ... like a rash confused.

Flash 10/10. Hiro can't do anything to him, on top of that Hiro's quite dim, so definitely will fail to react fast enough.

the only ways Hiro can get a victory or two are:
1) Flash doesn't KO him when he hits him and instead gives a chance to freeze time.
2) Hiro freezes time before the battle starts, then kills Flash by running him through with the sword, then takes his dead carcass and goes 2 minutes into the future and passes it off as a victory.

grey fox
What makes you say Hiro is dim ?

janus77
Hiro does.

well, the whole lot of them, especially the scientist Suresh. bunch of clueless f-wits, to be honest.

dunno, maybe they're just written to be "average" (TV average being several points lower than real life people).

Syler's a moron, Suresh can't think a simple plan through. Hiro, though of great heart, hasn't even tapped into the powers he has properly...

just a bunch of really unimaginative and dim people. imagine John Locke (Lost) with say, Matt Parkman's powers?

grey fox
Originally posted by janus77
Hiro does.

well, the whole lot of them, especially the scientist Suresh. bunch of clueless f-wits, to be honest.

dunno, maybe they're just written to be "average" (TV average being several points lower than real life people).

Syler's a moron, Suresh can't think a simple plan through. Hiro, though of great heart, hasn't even tapped into the powers he has properly...

just a bunch of really unimaginative and dim people. imagine John Locke (Lost) with say, Matt Parkman's powers?

I think the problem is half of them are scared of their own abilities. Seems to me Sylar is the only one who REALLY loves having his Superpowers. But they can't really give him a montage of experimentation since his original power allows for him to fully understand it's usage (as long as it isn't passive).

See now if you or me had gained a Superhuman ability, we would no doubt be spending time considering the possibilities of different uses.

janus77
I think the fear aspect is over played. the first season, a few months, you could imagine being afraid/wary of the powers... thinking they might cause dramatic problems etc. thereafter it should be a case of deciding what to do with their lives and integrating their powers into their everyday.

Syler, with the powers he has, should have sought out Parkman, taken the mind reading/pushing power and then he'd have been able to get all the other powers he wants.

Peter, really just needed the indestructibility of the cheerleader to give him all the edge he needs to destroy Syler, yet he was an utter failure... mind you that was mostly due to the adolescent-emo level of his character development during season one. recently he's grown a bit.

Nikki should be a bad-ass Tarantino-esque hitwoman offing drug barons (hired by one to kill another etc) and raking it in. Nathan (whose power really isn't that good) should be some all-wise boddhisatva sitting in the clouds and meditating ...

anyhoo ... they just are so terribly stupidly limited in their imaginings, too narrow and "everyday", it's more unbelievable than the powers themselves.

celestialdemon
Flash wins. It takes Hiro a second to activate his power. That's more than enough time for Flash to act.

shksprtx
Originally posted by grey fox
I think the problem is half of them are scared of their own abilities. Seems to me Sylar is the only one who REALLY loves having his Superpowers.

Several characters on the show have fully embraced their talents by the "end" of season two, such as Peter Petrelli, Claire, Micah, West, and possibly Matt Parkman. Hiro I think has also fully embraced his powers, but just hasn't begun to think imaginatively enough about their use.

But you're right...most of the characters seem more afraid of their abilities, or at least afraid of experimenting to find new and interesting ways of using their powers.

Third season (or second half of second season, depending on how the writer's strike shakes out) should be interesting, with the heroes starting to explore their abilities more and Sylar finally being re-powered.

Having said that, I think Flash takes this easily. Yeah, Hiro could stop time, but Flash would be all over him in the time it would take Hiro to even realize that he was in danger.

Not only would Hiro have to decide to stop time, it takes him a second or two to concentrate and bend space-time to his will, so I think it's pretty much a curbstomp for the red-suited speedster...

Now, the real question is this: Could Hiro conceivably slow time relative to himself in order to achieve superspeed of the sort Zoom uses, and does anyone think the TV show will start exploring this as a new power stunt for Hiro?

BTW, I'd also like to see the show add an actual speedster to its cast...since they've ripped off almost every other major superpower from the comics...

Flash 11/10 (he runs back in time and beats Hiro an extra time just for funsies...)

Val
The characters on Heroes being dumb as a rock has nothing to do with their powers. Suresh is the dumbest guy on the show and he has none. It's just terribly written.

And Flash smears Hiro on the pavement.

janus77
agree about Suresh. they can't really write good scripts/stories without having to retard (literally) his character.

he should have infected Syler with something or killed him. it's not as if Suresh is squeamish about such things (one of the more idiotic moves, shooting ... no expression).

sigh, I was really looking forward to seeing Suresh grow and establish himself in the show's ecology, instead he's gone from a small but promising primate in the midsts of reptiles to a dodo no .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.