USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2007

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Tradtionally each year I do a Christmas thread containing... stuff.

For the first time in a long time this thread is created whilst no Star Wars game of my own creation actuallty runs- but the game, and its characters, have a life of their own now, and thanks to the great efforts of my players, especially that esteemed vet Captain Rex, the KMC Star Wars RP universe continues, as charactees explore their own storylines as they wait for the next time of destiny for them.

As for Christmas this year- not enough new material yet for quizzes, no point repeating last year... but in the week between now and New Years, I plan to give you all a set of presents.

So here is one to kick you off...

Ushgarak

Lana
...can we play? Now?

General Kaliero
Pretty please?

Jazzman_78
Wow! That was such a visual description. It was like watching a trailer. (I know, that's the point, but) It looks like this is where it all comes together, all the characters, all the stories. Even Andran. Very, very cool. Merry Christmas all!

Tptmanno1
Damn, thats freaking awesome...
Lets play!

Captain REX
Merry Christmas and good night, Galder has a purpose! Or will have one.

And you're right, I think it's the first time since 2001 that you've not have a game running or starting soon, Ush. I'm just glad I've proved to have improved since my last efforts.

Lord Melkor
Merry Christmas!

Wow, I really like it!

But the Darkside episode has changed title from The Lady to Destiny....

Lana
Eeeeeeeeeeee really impatient to be able to play this! I've been wondering about that Desert of Stones for three years now!

big grin

Also there was something else I wanted to say but I've forgotten what.

Merry Christmas!

General Kaliero
You wanted to say we really SHOULD have Dark Side Kitty now! eek!

Merry Christmas all!

Newjak
Wow that was awesome. I can not wait to play.

Ushgarak
Hoping to have a big gift coming for New Years. Cannot guarantee it but that is the plan.

Although I have been constantly reminding people, it's been a long time and we are technically in mid-story so let's see what it is all about

Ushgarak
Battlefield

The Trade Federation, ostensibly a group with a charter from the Senate to manage trade in the Galaxy, was probably exceeding its power just a tiny bit when it launched a massive invasdion of Naboo just to make its point about taxation.

After the invasion was repelled by the aid of the Jedi, in an ideal Galaxy the Neimodians who had the Trade Franchise should have lost the lot, war criminals should have been brought to book etc.

Such is the state of the Galaxy, and the terminal inability of the Senate and the Courts to get justice into action, that years on no great change has occurred. Were Naboo's Senator not now Chancellor, it may have been entirely forgotten.

Earlier episodes saw the Light Side players delve into the murky world of the great corporate Conspiracy that is gripping the Galaxy. The Trade Federation is one part of an alliance of many other corporate concerns. The one that has come most under the notice of the Light Siders was the Techno Union, who have been employing very shady methods indeed, from kidnap to murder, to ensure the success of their recent spate of weapons programmes. But who are the weapons for?

Cirus Cannes (pronounced like 'Khan'), manager of the Union's special projects division, enlisted the help of the Jedi to track down a stolen droid army shipment- part of a pattern of such shipments that had gone 'missing' ever since the Federation were ordered to de-commission their armies after the Naboo invasion. The Jedi Xeth Tam, who long ago parted company from the leadership of the Council, found his interests intersecting with the Jedi and went with them to that vast battle on Arminium where the Jedi had to fight through an entire army to get to the control switch in a fortified citadel, where the apparent gulity thief lay dead by suicide, all evidence remaining pointing at him.

Though they suspected deceit, the Jedi had no evidence to investigate further. An aggravated Xeth, dedicated to principles of justice more than he was to the strict rules of legality took his leave of the Jedi once more.

Instead, in co-operation with private sponsors who wish to see the Conspiracy broken, Xeth and some like-midned Jedi Renegades go into business on their own, righting wrongs from a private point of view, and always looking for another break to blow the conspiracy open.

When looking into a familiar pattern- a sudden 'disappearance' of Techno Union parts- Xeth bumped into a parallel Jedi investigation into a missing Jedi in the same area. Soon he found evidence of a vast amount of technology being supplied to a vicious cult of Cyborg plunderers from the fringes of space- Xeth suspected that the Union, and other parts of the Conspiracy like the Federation, were moving their control and industrial output outside the Republic, to avoid the law.

Whilst the Jedi moved to deal with the Cult, Xeth investigated the only logical location of the forward base the Cult would have needed to launch their recent pirating raids. But it was on one of those raids that the missing Jedi had disappeared, and in fact she had been killed by a terrible new robotic weaponry system devised by the Union. Known to the Cultists as the 'Dark Thrael', an agent of the computer God they worshipped its name is in fact the 'Battle Variant 50' - BV-50. This weapon was developed to kill Jedi, and from Arminium onwards, Cirus Cannes had been analysing the fighting patterns of Jedi to create a weapon that could fight them.

Surprised by the BV-50 in the icy world they had found, Xeth and his Renegades are badly beaten by it. All have been taken into captivity by Cannes, some more hurt than others. There seems little hope for their future- let alone as to the purpose of the vast army that Cannes has built in secret...

------

'Battlefield' is in many ways an ending. Xeth's been trying to get this droid issue sorted since the moment he came into the game, years ago. Every time he thinks he gets somewhere, he hits a brick wall.

But the Union is playing a dangerous game. Outside the Republic they are not bound by Republican law... but nor does it protect them. Here he has a chance to truly strike a blow against Cannes, a final one that will resonate forever.

If he can destroy that army.

and the BV-50

and if he can get out of his present mess...

-----

Game-wise, 'Battlefield' is an action game that will see fights of almost every type you can get in Star Wars- minus sabre duels. I can promise the Sith aren't turning up here. But we have individual fights, squad fights, company fights, a war and also space fights. If fighting is what you are after, you kinda get it here.

Player-wise this is the only game for Renegades, but it can also accomodate normal Jedi who are part of the investigation into the Cult; the game ended with the Jedi having taken care ofthe Cult on their homeworld, only to find that they weren't really the source of it. Could the Jedi rescue Xeth? Well I don't know, depends who plays. Regardless, all will end up on the same path.

But whilst it is the end of a plotline, it is the start of a lot more. 'Battlefield' is the story whose plot is most connected with that of the films, although it is exploring a purely theoretical idea of what was happening in the TPM-AOTC gap. It also has a connection with the OT plot. So in many ways, this story is part of the larfest arc of all.

More coming soon...

Captain REX
Do we even have Renegade players? Besides Xeth?

Lana
Um...there were a few...wasn't Vera a Renegade?

Lord Melkor
Yes, Vera was a Renegade Master, Solitaire.

Ushgarak
Destiny

The Force can be used for good or ill. The sad thing is, it is more natural to use it for ill. Lacking other context, the Human instinct is to act selfishly. But perhaps more important than that, it comes much more naturaly to power the Force using your emotions. it takes great study and dedication to learn to use the Force with a clear and peaceful mind, as the Jedi do. Few, without guidance, would even know such ways were possible. The quick and easy way of mentions soon mens those emotions grow to rule you. The Dark Side.

Luckily those very few people gifted with the Force will almost certainly never be any sort of threat because without training, even the Dark Side is of very little issue. it is the job of the Jedi to find those who can be strong in the Force, and train as Jedi those suitable. The rest can be left safely; perhaps they display sharp instincts, or seem to be able to second-guess others. That is all.

But at the fringes of the Galaxy, even the Jedi cannot reach. These people are never found, and whilst they are rare, the Galaxy is large enough to ensure that they are enough. Again, untrained, they are never any great issue. But a few... a very few... are trained.

Once upon a time the Sith threatened the Galaxy entire, training in the Dark Side as the Jedi did in the Light, refining the base and instinctive use of Emotions into an entire way of life. But such was the natrue of the Dark Side that the Sith became almost as abig a threat to themselves as the jedi, and in the end they were defeated- and very few know that they still exist, never daring to be more than tweo at a time, one oin chargem the other serving; the only way to prevent inner conflict.

But even with their days gone, their remains a tiny legacy of the Dark Side. Very rarely, a Jedi falls, a tragic story. Sometimes, a person who began to be trained as a Jedi but dropped out later completed his training on his own- in the ways of the Dark Side. And these people are dangerous, not just because of what thry represent as Dark Siders, but because they may train others, from this tiny pool of potential recruits out on the Galactic Rim. Such people are so scattered amongst the masses that it would seem impossible to find them. But The Force tends to provide for these people, and fraw them to what they want.

And so it is that, occasionally, Dark Siders exist, trying to start new legacies of personal power, or perhaps just living on their own. Their lives were very difficult indeed- personally powerful, of course, they nonetheless found themselves unwated, or hunted by the Jedi. The bright lights of civilisation were dnied to them; they had to keep to the edges. It took a brave individual or group indeed to try anything of genuine significance.

One such man was Kuylen, a fallen master Swordsman of imperfect patience but great cunning and learning, who by fear, disicipline and a sense for organisation had built himself a small group of notable Dark Side followers, and made arrangements with others to provide himself a power base inside the Galaxy. For a short amount of time, Kuylen was in the spotlight as he sought to plunder the secrets of the extinct Sith- inadvertantly bringing the attention of the genuine Sith when he did so.

Kuylen achieved great things, humilating the Jedi sent to stop him at Malastare, causing carnage on the streets, and gaining possession of a significant portion of the Archive of Avalar, an abortive Sith attempt during the last wars to create a repository of all Sith secrets. This Archive gave Kuylen access to many secrets indeed.

When it became clear that Kuylen's goal was the fabled Mausoleum of Demnos, an ancient legend that spoke of a place where those worthy could learn of the Sith ways, the Jedi Council strangle lost interest- knowingm, as they did, that Kuylen's mission was doomed to failure and that to chase him was to invite further unneccessary death and destruction. But the Sith, now embodied in Chancellor Palpatine, did not appreciate a potential rival and with pretended altruism sent the same Jedi group that confronted him on Malastare to a fools' chase to as far out of the galaxy as ships can reasonably go, to make sure of Kuylen.

On the legendary world of Zeiton came the final confrontation. As his associates fell victim or were delayed by the Jedi as the whole world crumbled around him, Kuylen found his goal, only to find the Council had dealt with the mystery of Demnos nearly a thousand years before- his path had ended in nothing, and the Jedi realised why the Council had not wanted the mission, for the very presence of Jedi and Sith on Zeiton was deadly to the locals.

Kuylen was not seen again, though details of his death later emerged. Some of his followers made their painful way back to the galaxy, resuming their lives of crime and scavenging. There they met with a new group led by the ex-Jedi Rand. emembering Kuylen's principles of how Dark Siders must work as a team for survival, they tried to form such a group of their own, but lacking the dominance of a Kuylen-style figure in their group there was no clear leadership and the group fell to infighting- but somehow, instead of destroying themselves, they balanced their various hatreds of each other with a recognition of the need to survive. The group held, giving them an advantage that perhaps no other Dark Siders had.

For now times were changing. With Palpatine Chancellor, he was beginning his programme of eradication of all possible rivals. In response to concerns about crime and corruption in the galaxy, and especially the mess caused on Malastare, Palpatine formed the Bureau of Immigration and Undesirables, ostensibly an organisation that would tracre and deal with intergalactic criminals. But secretly, the Bureau was a death squad, using a deadly alien race- the Osokans- as a means to eradicate opposition, in the quiet places where such things would not be noticed. The word from Palpatine- Darth Sidious- went out. all these Dark Siders in the fringes were to be destroyed.

The Bureau is equipped with near infininte resources and highly advanced tracking technology. Once they found their targets they did not let go. The Osokans, wielding their deadly neurowhips and with their rengerative constituion, were not afraid to take on Dark Siders up close. They took on their targers eight to one to make sure. Powerful Dark Siders might fight through a group of eight, and maybe another group, but there would always be more. And Osokans could survive lightsabre wounds, and rarely would a Dark Siders have time to stop and ensure they were dead. They would keep on coming, whilst the sinister Agents of the Bureau would track the Dark Sider's movements, using a network of satellites set up throughout the Galaxy to follow their shoips whereveer they went. And every single place a Dark Sider went, the Bureau would follow. And so they all died.

Except Rand's group. When the Bureau came for them, they did better than the others for, much as the Osokans did, they fought as a team. Even this would have dine little for them, except they had the strange twist of fortune to get caught up in a great game of deceit and criminal politics of the criminal organisation The Golden Serpent. Posing as a friend of Kuylen's, the legend that was Melkus Doon saved the Dark Siders from the Bureau, providing a means to change the signatures of their ships, and then planned to use them to help kill his rivals and become leader of the organisation, and then betray them to the Bureau to keep things clean. He nearly got away with it too, but sometimes the Force favours the Dark Side and the group got the break they needed to see through the deception at the last moment. In a great conflict they escaped the Bureau and killed Doon- and doing so inherited his base at the edge of the Galaxy, hidden by a stellar anomaly, and hence granting safety from the Bureau.

But whilst safety was survival, it was not power. They were exiled and helpless. As time went by, only one remained from the glory days of Kuylen, the increasingly edgy swordsman and apprentice of Kuylen, Galder Starkiller. Like many of them, he was growing bored, and resentful of the lack of glory this hidden life afforded him. But unknown to them all, they were about to find their Way Back into the affairs of the Galaxy.

It began with disaster- found by chance by a maraudering group of pirates, killing them provoked a war with the clan as a whole, and the need to return quickly to the Galaxy to steal a new shield generator before the Bureau found them. Except the Bureau- now aided by an Agent with an uncommon instinct for when Dark Siders were around- found them very quickly, and their escape was hurried.

Yet their emnity with the pirates finally revealed their location to someone who had been searching for them- and causing mysterious trouble to the Jedi- for sometime, a being of remarkable Force power and mysterious ability known as The Lady. On the Dark Sider's return, they found her and her strange associates waiting for them.

The Dark Siders- and Galder in particular- are about to find their true Destiny.

---

Soon, the Dark Siders find themselves in the middle of nowhere, in a a place no-one knows about working for someone no-one knows about looking for someone they have never heard of who has something... but they are not sure what.

Life pretty much as normal then!

They also find extreme danger and violence, though if there is anyone in the Galaxy suited for that it is them- indeed, it is why they are there. But also on Gondekorro there is opportunity- if they have the wit to realise that it has been given to them.

And in the Desert of Stones lay the greatest secrets of all- two great clues about what it all means. Something very, very big is coming, and soon it will be too late for anyone else to do something about it.

And so what are the Dark Siders going to do? Help destroy the Galaxy... or save it?

-----

'Destiny' is the long awaited point in the sotryline where the Dark Siders finally stop pissing around and begin to matter again. Though don't think for a moment this means they have a good time. If you wanted thst you joined the wrong game- the Dark Side is harsh and evil and there will never be another moment as great as beating Doon again.

On the other had, there are things to kill, stuff to destroy, people to frighten, and despite the harsh evil of it all, a lot of fun to be had. Oh yeah, and also those clues you've been looking for for bloody AGES.

Suitable for all Dark Side players, this is part of the largest original plotline taking place in the game. Last time it was the Jedi, now it is the Dark Siders' turn.

Be very afraid.

Lana
Okay, so, really...can we play this now?

Seriously, I want to know what's up with that damn Desert of Stones...okay, yeah, I want to destroy stuff and kill things and find out about the Lady, but...three years of wondering about it!

(and have the Darkies ever had a good time? I think we might die of shock if something was simple and easy and didn't have us nearly failing and/or dying at any given moment...)

Newjak
Woohoo I'm in.

Getting to play Xavier separately and then reading this makes me want to get back as soon as possible. eek!

Captain REX
I have a feeling that this will be the most diabolical episode yet...

General Kaliero
Oh god, I have shivers. I cannot wait to play this episode, it just sounds so great. Hear that, guys? We MATTER again! eek!

General Zink
It's good to be loved...er...important.

Lana
No one loves you stick out tongue

Yay importance! And mattering! And doing stuff!

Captain REX
And killing stuff!

Lana
Yay general mayhem and destruction!

General Kaliero
Yes, killing and destruction and mayhem are good. And let's not forget causing pain.

Tptmanno1
Yay for going to great lengths to stop whatever the f uck you are trying to do!

Captain REX
And we don't even know what that is yet, and it sounds like we won't know even while we're playing!

General Kaliero
Not knowing things is so us!

Lana
Yeah, it really is...

Lord Melkor
I hope that there will some chance of plotting, not only killing, which is fine, but my character was worst killer in the group.

But Ush said that it will become apparent why our characters can`t work together, so it should be very interesting.

Ushgarak
I'd be lying if I said it was an intellectual episode of that sort.

Lord Melkor
Though you mentioned some issues related to the very nature of our group?

Ushgarak
Yup.

However, that's not a snap decision. It is a presented long-term scenario that hovers over you for the... well, frankly, for all planned Dark Side play.

Newjak
Originally posted by Lord Melkor
I hope that there will some chance of plotting, not only killing, which is fine, but my character was worst killer in the group.

But Ush said that it will become apparent why our characters can`t work together, so it should be very interesting. I thought it was easy why our guys can't work together.

We are a bunch of mass murderers who just don't like people stick out tongue

Although a formal reason would really cool. And awesome that we get to be important again. smile

Lord Melkor
Rand and I got visions implying some interesting choices and opportunities, actually.

Lana
Don't care, I just want to know about the Desert of Stones.

And then kill things.

big grin

Ushgarak
Purity

Once, the Sith nearly conquered the entire Galaxy. It would be a mistake to attribute their eventual failure simply to their own infighting, significant as that was. The valour of the Jedi and all the free peoples willing to resist must be accounted for.

The simple strength of the Jedi must not be forgotten. They are disciplined and trustworthy. They can find help almost wherever they need it- and they understand the value of friendship. And in a Jedi Master you have one of the most powerful beings the galaxy ever sees, wise and strong and potent, and gifted with great powers of perception and foresight.

In many ways, the question was how the Sith could ever have opposed them. One reason is that it is easier to destroy than to protect... yet the Sith sought a Galaxy they could rule, not a wasteland. They had to build and protect too, eventually.

The reason the Sith could fight the Jedi and their Masters was because of their own weapon in return- the Sith Lords. Some Sith Lords were merely powerful Warlords, who rose by force alone. But some were truly horrible legends.

People speak stories of the Sith Lords, and ancient tales are there to be found- of Ragnos and Kun, of Revan and Bane, of Malphas and Demnos. These tales, wondering how these beings were so powerful, bring attention to the great powers they wielded, either by technology or the Force. Demnos and his Masoleum. Revan and his Star Forge.

Yet technology is technology, and the Force is the Force. It does not serve the Sith any better than it did the Jedi. Whatever technology could be found, the forces of the Light Side might be able to match it. Whatever unique force powers they had, the Jedi had great power of their own. We have to look beyond this to see how great Sith Lords could unify such a fractious ideal, and then pose a serious threat to the Jedi.

The answer is in their skill, their intelligence, their cunning. And in the greatest Dark Side weapon of all. Not a force power. Not a great and ancient technology. But an understanding of one of the most powerful forces in the Cosmos. The Lie.

The thing the Dark Side is most strongly associated with- by those who understand it- is Deceit. The trouble is, very few realise what that means until they run into it first hand. And even if you know it, that doesn't mean you will spot it. At the centre of the Galaxy, a Sith Lord is now Chancellor. It is Lies that got him there.

At the outskirts of the Galaxy the remaining Dark Siders are dying, hunted down by the Bureau. But these Dark Siders are a pale imitation of the Sith. They die because they have no chance. They understand the ways of violence, intimidation, power. Maybe the rudiments of deceit. But not enough. They have survived only because the forces of order have been weak; backed by the will of Dath Sidious, that is no longer the case. So they die.

(And if one tiny group with a faltering association with the brief moment of distraction that was Kuylen is found to still live... well. that would just be an extraordinary exception)

Just two Dark Siders- the genuine Sith- keep those powers of Deceit working, and instead of being hunted down in the outskirts, they are blossoming in the heart of the Galaxy, unseen. Just two. There can be no more.

Unless.., what if there was just one other Dark Sider? One more person who had those great powers of the Sith Lords of before, their insight, their cunning... and their gift for Deceit. And a man who understood one othet concept as well, perhaps better than any other. Purity.

If this was true... then the Light Side is in serious trouble.

Andro and Gallagher are two highly talented Jedi- Andro a precocious Swordsman, and Gallagher is gifted with uncommon natural Force power, and also has received the training and put in the dedication needed to make use of it. Opening their Jedi careers, they took part in a successful mission designed to bring the notorious Bounty Hunter Balek to justice. That mission was led by two Jedi who had once worked for the Master Gundark who was the Jedi who had chased Kuylen to the edge of the Galaxy. Balek had formed a small part of that story. In meeting the Jedi Roan Trilanger, Andro and Gallagher heard stories of this man Kuylen and his Dark Side followers, this rare glimpse of a concept- enemies wileding Lightsabres- that Jedi never really saw any more. Most likely not to be seen again either...

Andro and Gallagher were next sent on an undercover mission on the luxury medical world of Spiridos, rumoured to be the source of a vast illegal narcotics distribution network, but one that had been surprisingly tough to crack open. Posing as clients of the spa facilities they were sent to expose the operation- gallagher sent for his natural talents that would provide the needed insight, and Andro sent as protection (even without a Lightsabre- too much of a risk of blowing their true identity) should things turn nasty.

Things did turn nasty. The Jedi found violence, intimidation and murder on a scale they did not suspect- a section of the spa given to housing the terminally ill in suspended animation as they awaited a cure was instead being used for a far darker purpose. The clients were all dead.

These horiffic acts were at first put down to the viciousness of the criminals involved. So was the plot they uncovered to assassinate the Abbot Sienar, a visiting representative of a religion dedicated to the Light Side, a man who had caught a horrible disease in the course of his charitable work that required constant treatment. Brutal murder of a defenceless man who had done so much good was a further part of this viciousness they found.

Andro and Gallagher were already caught in the lie. Surviving exposure, attempts on their lives and then, their Jedi identity revealed and fightimg with sabres once more, a pitched battle as the crminals made their escape, they found out rather too late a small potion of the truth. The Abbot Sienar was no champion of the Light. he was a very, very powerful Dark Sider, whose cover inside the Church had kept him safe from Jedi and Bureau alike.

But this was only the tip of the iceberg of the twisted lied and deception that had led to this moment. Sienar's presence had been overshaodwing many around for years. Gundark's old Master had fought him before- and he was Master also to one of those surviving Dark Siders in Rand's group. As is the nature of the Force, none of this was coincidence. A great story was being told, but so deceitfully that none had seen it. Even Sienar could not see it all at once, but when he saw Gallagher on Spiridos he understood it all very quickly. For his relationship to Gallagher's past was very personal indeed.

Andro was defeated, but Gallagher's fate was wrose. He was taken, taken away to Mandragos, the home planet of the Abbot's religion. Mandragos should be known as a world of charity and good deeds. The Jedi will never see it that way now.

---

Andro returns to Coruscant, desperate for action and revenge. But as fellow Jedi Ithrorn had warned him, it is not going to be that simple. Sienar is well-protected, and arrest will be extremely hard. Things are possible, but it will take time- time Gallagher does not have. Worse still, Gallagher had been plagued by visions of the possible deaths of billions from an upcoming famine disaster about to hit a quadrant of the Galaxy. Andro does not understand how it all relates, but he fears Sienar's true plan is related.

Andro is sent on this difficult mission, but he is not alone. Roan has returned to Coruscant also, bearing stories of a very strange foe indeed he found on his mission, one gifted in the Force, clearly on the Dark Side. Once more, all these things seem to form a pattern. Unknown to the Jedi, at this moment Gallagher is already discussing this strange development of the 'Lady' and her followers with Sienar on Mandragos, whilst on far Epireus the Lady herself, and the agent of hers Roan met on Cassilis, is talking to Rand's group.

But the Lady will have to wait. Roan and the other returning Jedi join with Andro are dispatched to Mandragos to rescue Gallagher... and stop Sienar. It should be easy- Sienar is enormously powerful, but he is one man, badly crippled by disease. But somehow, the misison is frustratingly difficult. it is a mission to test the most patient of Jedi... and these Jedi are not the most patient.

At the centre of it all, Sienar is providing Gallagher with an extension of his training that he never thought would happen, Gallagher is mindful of the fate of those billions and must play along. At least, he thinks he is playing along. As time goes by, he is finding himself being drawn into the mystery that is Sienar, a being as powerful as any Sith Lord ever was.

Billions of lives are at stake. A world is at stake. And so is Gallagher's soul. Can gallagher and Jedi unravel the lie before it is too late for all?

On Spiridos, the Abbot spoke to Gallagher of the importance of Purity. Will understanding that save gallagher... or doom him?

Ushgarak
'Purity' is definitely an ending, The Sienar plotline which, although long forshadowed, only began last episode finishes now, a mini-story within the wider campaign. Yet the last such mini-story- the Melkus Doon plotline- is considered by many the finest moment of this game online. And many are looking forward to where this story has to go.

This is a thoughtful story. There is some action, but as implied the answer is never going to be just to surround Sienar with enough Jedi to kill him. He's too good for it to be that simple.

This game, suitable for any Jedi player but recommended for those who don't mind having to put thought into things, is maybe a little unusual in that it is a Light Side story that explores the Dark Side. It is, therefore, about as bleak as a Jedi story can reasonably be- the same sort of mood as Episode III (the film). Bleak does not mean hopeless. There is always hope. But the story could never be considered a happy one- not like Xeth's straightforward fight against evil.

The Jedi are up against the most dangerous foe they've ever met. he may eclipse any other they meet. This is his great moment, the one the Force has led him to. It's all to play for. To beat him, they will have to work him out, and see through the Lies. It will not be easy.

This game will feature a lightsabre duel.

It will also feature, very genuinely, the prospect of fall to the Dark Side. No messing around here- this is a very real possibility for Gallagher.

You had better be prepared.

Captain REX
Very suddenly, as the words 'lightsaber' and 'duel' are used in a sentence, Galder sees the error of his ways and joins the Order and so is totally available for battle of the blades...

I will probably not receive an answer, but will Sienar have lightning-flinging-abilities?

Jazzman_78
Purity looks like it will be a very emotional, exciting ride. I was always excited at getting back to Andro, but the nature of the story, and what's at risk for the characters is thrilling. And although Roan is the senior Jedi (and player, I think) in this story I can't help but hope that Andro will get to duel Seinar. He owes him one. Even so, the part in the preview about a fight with Kathya is cool to, he owes her one as well. Not that Jedi are in to revenge like that...

Captain REX
The most senior Jedi would actually be Kellan Gundark and Marcus, both Jedi Masters played by Gundark and Fire respectively. Gundark joined on in the first episode Ush ever hosted, before me even. Fire played shortly in the first episode, then killed off his character and started fresh in the third episode.

That was SO long ago...sheesh...

Jazzman_78
Well, yeah, I get that. I meant the most senior in the story. It didn't sound like Marcus was in it, so I figured Roan would be up. Doesn't amtter, I was just speculating.

Ushgarak
Well they'd love to put you in charge Andro but... actually, no offence, but no they wouldn't love.

In fact it is touch and go about whether they send you at all.

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, watch this space for a new gift (later than originally planned) inside a week...

Jazzman_78
(Is it the hot-headed part, or the fact the Seinar already handed him his butt?)

Ushgarak
It's the hot-headed part, combined with the particulars of the situation.

They are rather worried you might try and plough a path through the Synod to get Sienar.

They are also very mindful of what happened last time a Dark Side intercept was made, on Malastare.

Lana
Hehehe they don't trust you.

And oooooh more stuff...

Jazzman_78
Originally posted by Ushgarak
It's the hot-headed part, combined with the particulars of the situation.

They are rather worreied you might try and plough a path through the Synod to get Sienar.

They are also very mindful of what happened last time a Dark Side intercept was made, on Malastare.

Good point. On one hand, that's probably just what he was thinking. On the other hand, Andro was affected by Gallagher's thoughtful, more peaceful ways. Also, the entire mission right up to the last part was a lesson on violence-not-solving-everything.
However, if I had a third hand, I might imagine Andro going renegade and striking out to save Gallagher on his own. He feels very strongly that it was his fault he got captured, and he owes it to him. Let the council sort him out later.

Ushgarak
Sienar is great temptation for anyone in your situation.

Perhaps I should haver also mentioned that it's not just Gallagher that the Dark Side can beckon for in that story.

General Kaliero
Heehee... we're always happy for new "comrades," Jedi players. big grin

Lana
We don't bite, we promise!

whistling

General Kaliero
Well, Rianna does, but only in situations none of you guys will get into. shifty

And Dak does, but by then you'll probably be dead anyway.

And Galder might. He is insane. ermm

Ushgarak
Pointy rocks beware!

Lana
Hey, I lightsabered those rocks to death once before!

...of course Rianna was hallucinating and it was really a control panel but tch! Technicalities.

Lord Melkor
Yes, Gallagher, fall to the Dark Side. Him and Gallador would get along so well. They even have similar names.

Newjak
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Well, Rianna does, but only in situations none of you guys will get into. shifty

And Dak does, but by then you'll probably be dead anyway.

And Galder might. He is insane. ermm I feel left out and hurt sad

stick out tongue

Ushgarak
You've come a long way, Newjak. I think this game is the one for you to stamp out your personality on the storyline, then I can write stuff in for you. Remember, Galder was just the thug at first. Now he's the fan favourite. Gets mail all the time.

I also had some plans for Tanic, actually, I'm just not 100% sure on Trick's availablity these days. His non-show in the trailer is me being cautious.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Newjak
I feel left out and hurt sad

stick out tongue

Well, I just didn't know if Xavier would bite, that's all. stick out tongue

Lana
I feel left out and hurt sad

stick out tongue

Hey, keep in mind that you ARE the sanest of the four of us...stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Actually if there is an issue I have with the Dark Side it's really that far fewer have been Hooked into some level of involvement with the plot other than being there- almost like 'Also Starring' roles.

Mind you, doesn't seem to have lessened Rianna's enjoyment any.

Dak has never rolled a Premonition result, I seem to remember. At least Rianna has had something to ponder.

Lana
Hey, I get to go nuts in this game in a way that none of us can anywhere or anyway else. Would be neat to actually be able to get more involved in the actual plot itself though...

Yeah. Something to ponder. Which I've been doing for three years. Hehe.

General Kaliero
Dak kind of actually doesn't have any foresight powers. ermm I really focused on combat back when I built him, which in hindsight may not have been as smart as it could have been.

If there was a movie about the Darkies, Galder's name would come first in the credits, I think.

Lord Melkor
Actually if there is an issue I have with the Dark Side it's really that far fewer have been Hooked into some level of involvement with the plot other than being there- almost like 'Also Starring' roles..

Not me, I think.

I assume that opposing Rand and Gallador to Galder in the trailer was meaningful?

Another gift doen`t happen to be trailer for next OT game?

Ushgarak
Gallador is much easier to get in, though the 'does one of Rand/Gallador make the other pointless?' worry remains.

(It is a general maxim in role-plays is that a group can handle any number of fighters, but duplicates in other areas tend to overlap their role)

At first the plan was that Rand represented choice number 3. If you remember, the eventual decision you guys made to become a group of equals removed that option, so now it is a choice of two.

I am seriously hoping I was right in that trailer and that the default positions would be for Rand and Gallador to go the other way to Galder. I very much think it will be.

So then I have to distinguish Rand and Gallador. Of course, Rand's megalomania means that, basically, he'll never be happy so he's ALWAYS going to want to restore choice 3 at some time. Gallador's ready to settle (though only to better himself in the long term).

That being the case, Gallador should have the best relationship with Adelmo. So his plots can probably spin out of that.

Lord Melkor
This is what I thought as well. Provided that Lady Adelmo is extremally powerful Darksider( seems obvious) which is relatively sane and accepts non-female followers, Gallador will think that his chances to surivive and grow in power are bigger with serving her than with being in "group of equals" with psychos like Galder and Rianna that wouldn`t need a very good reason to kill him.

We couldn`t even organize enough to conquer Epireus, which was only meaningful thing to do on this backwater place. Gallador is actually pissed at Rand that he failed as Master and Leader. He believes that being Master of entire Force is more difficult than being mere Jedi Master, since Darkside is so challenging to get control over, problems Gallador has as well.

Newjak
Well, I just didn't know if Xavier would bite, that's all. stick out tongue
Half of him would shifty

Originally posted by Lana
Hey, keep in mind that you ARE the sanest of the four of us...stick out tongue The nicest killer is still a killer darn it stick out tongue

Newjak
You've come a long way, Newjak. I think this game is the one for you to stamp out your personality on the storyline, then I can write stuff in for you. Remember, Galder was just the thug at first. Now he's the fan favourite. Gets mail all the time.

I also had some plans for Tanic, actually, I'm just not 100% sure on Trick's availablity these days. His non-show in the trailer is me being cautious. I like this big grin

Dak kind of actually doesn't have any foresight powers. ermm I really focused on combat back when I built him, which in hindsight may not have been as smart as it could have been.

If there was a movie about the Darkies, Galder's name would come first in the credits, I think. Xavier has Dreams
Yet another thing Xavier beats Dak in. ermm

Ushgarak
Well, I don't mean I have a specific plan for you, Newjak. The onus is on you.

We'll see what can be done with Dak. Got to get him away from just him being reptile-darky.

Newjak

We'll see what can be done with Dak. Got to get him away from just him being reptile-darky. I know still I like any opportunity to flesh out my guy. That and this upcoming Game sounds fun and awesome.

General Kaliero

We'll see what can be done with Dak. Got to get him away from just him being reptile-darky.

Ironically most of his character and reason for existing happened out of game.

I like this big grin

Xavier has Dreams
Yet another thing Xavier beats Dak in. ermm

Oh shut up. No tail for you. stick out tongue

Newjak
Ironically most of his character and reason for existing happened out of game.

Oh shut up. No tail for you. stick out tongue Please you act like Dak as dibbs on the tail market. There are prettier tails out there. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Please you act like Dak as dibbs on the tail market. There are prettier tails out there. stick out tongue

Get one of those, then. Dak agrees there are prettier tails. His issue is with taking his. stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
Interesting. Roan definitely wants to figure out what the deal is with the lady and the Minion. Really embarrassed him last time
Rescuing another Jedi, especially one he's worked with before is going to be something he'll fight to do also.
And I'm interested to see Sunda again.

Captain REX
Hopefully my current games will help with any fleshing that needs to be done, though they in no way get anyone hooked into the overall plot, just their own.

Will Galder get to learn how to defy gravity?

Jazzman_78
Sienar is great temptation for anyone in your situation.

Perhaps I should haver also mentioned that it's not just Gallagher that the Dark Side can beckon for in that story.

Yeah, I felt that the part about Andro finding some kind of pleasure in the killing of Varm was a warning. Andro was hell-bent on beating his nemesis Varm and then getting to Seinar. I don't recall how well I RP
d it back then (guess I could go look) but I had intended that Andro took half a second to let that fact sink in. I have always wondered if I wasn't careful with the hunt for Seinar, I mean Gallagher, that the DS would be a danger for Andro. Time will tell.

Bespin Bart
Xeth's frustration with not finding anything after so many years of looking could be a potential root for any Dark Side temptations, but really his whole goal for life is essentially based on good deeds and helping the weak and aiding grandmas in crossing the street. He's far from a bad guy.

Ushgarak
Oh, if Xeth wins out in 'Battlefield', everyone is going to be jealous; that story has the possiiblity of straightforward, untainted victory of good over evil. He'll wonder why everyone else is so gloomy; he's going to have had a great time.

And Galder, you already can. What you cannot do is reverse it.

Captain REX
But he has an open mind and is willing to learn.

Are any of Adelmo's clique seduceable?

Ushgarak
Does he????

Galder- as far as can be ascertained- sees the Force as a weapon, To be fair, the one found on Cassilis wasn't using it to host a party either, but the whole ethos of what the Lady's bunch is doing requires a wrench in the way Galder looks at the Force that I would be surprised if he is suited for. Your training was, after all, minimal, and if it wasn't for Kuylen using halluceionogenics to hype up your emotional reactions you would not be a contender at all (having taken, let's face it, the least Force capable template).

So the way you use the Force is instinctive; being taught a whole new ethos... well, that would be a very different Galder.

There's also a plot issue that causes trouble here. You and her... are not going to get on.

General Zink
Rand can learn it and shove it in Galder's face. Hah. There, I'm leader again...

...oh, pooh...

Captain REX
I figured that Galder was the least qualified for learning 'Force Reverse Gravity,' but hey, worth a shot.

Rand, you're a cripple.

I take it that Adelmo won't like Galder because she's jealous that she can't be as good looking...

Ushgarak
Yes, that's exactly it, Rex. Barely worth me running the story now.

Rand's problem is that Adelmo is deeply aware of his... issues.

General Zink
So she's done some homework on us all, then.

Ushgarak
Well, whether she has or not, she could sense it from a mile off.

General Zink
True, probably not hard to catch that.

So, I have to pop the big question. Do any of the girls wield lightsabers?

Captain REX
I think I actually asked that awhile back. Negatory, at least for Adelmo's posse.

Ushgarak
Indeed not.

Captain REX
Galder's got THAT advantage, at least...

Lana
One advantage Rianna's got, too...

Because she's definitely not going to want to learn any of the Force-related stuff they can do (not that she'd be likely to be able to, really, anyway), and can get very touchy about the fact that she pretty much sucks at it stick out tongue

Newjak
One advantage Rianna's got, too...

Because she's definitely not going to want to learn any of the Force-related stuff they can do (not that she'd be likely to be able to, really, anyway), and can get very touchy about the fact that she pretty much sucks at it stick out tongue Yeah cutting something up with a saber is always cooler anyways stick out tongue

Captain REX
Unless you can reverse gravity while shooting people.

Newjak
Originally posted by Captain REX
Unless you can reverse gravity while shooting people. Sounds overrated to me ermm

*Begins to float helplessly*

Ok so maybe not. ermm

Lana
And now I am reminded of one of the comments I made about Techno, in response to a rules thread saying that we can't reverse gravity.

"Damn, that'd be cool. It'd be like 'Hello, I don't like you anymore, meet the ceiling!'"

big grin

General Kaliero
I think this is templatism. Just because we like to slice things up with our little laser swords, we can't drop people into the sky?

General Zink
I am fine with this.

General Kaliero
You would be, tin man. stick out tongue

Or, Bannakaffalatta. happy

Lana
Mini-Maul!

Ushgarak
It wasn't that you can't, but that you shouldn't.

Like killing sound.

Lord Melkor
Oh yes, Magic can do pretty much everything in Techno, though this not Technocracy`s perspective.

So Gallador could learn some gravity tricks if he spent like years with Lady`s sect? Or is it some kind of genetic ability?

Lana
It wasn't that you can't, but that you shouldn't.

Like killing sound.

Shouldn't meaning "only do it if there's a real big emergency and we can bluff our way out of it", right?

And I don't think any of us will stop bringing up the killing sound thing...

Captain REX
Yes, let's bring that up again, laugh all you want. stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Accidental death is temporary, killing sound is eternal. big grin

LORD JLRTENJAC
UUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHgarak

Captain REX
Doesn't use this thread. no expression

Ushgarak

Lana
Predator? I like the old name better...stick out tongue

Rianna is remaining a Darkie sword nut, though, obviously.

Newjak
Xavier will also remain a Dark Jedi, Swordsman, which is the predater right?

Although I'm glad we get to revamp our characters some because there are things I did before that I never really meant to do. Although I do mean to keep Xavier close to what he is now.

Ushgarak
'Predator' is really a reference to Darth Maul.

The problem with 'Blackguard' is that it often meant someone with no values, scum of the Earth type of guy. A person with no rules at all.

That's an Outsider's philosophy. They will stab you in the back, whereas a Dark Jedi is more likely to fight an honest duel with you just to prove he is better. (Or she, in your case)

Lord Melkor
Oh, you killed my template!

So I quess Gallador will be Fallen, since the Force-specialized template for fallen Jedi is Revenant, and he isn`t one... Enforcers are thugs, right?

The former A template is flexible enough to incorporate scholar types?

Ushgarak
Absolutely yes.

And indeed, I doubt an Enforcer would suit you.

Lana

The problem with 'Blackguard' is that it often meant someone with no values, scum of the Earth type of guy. A person with no rules at all.

That's an Outsider's philosophy. They will stab you in the back, whereas a Dark Jedi is more likely to fight an honest duel with you just to prove he is better. (Or she, in your case)

Good point, I suppose.

As for making changes, I think I'm actually going to get some damn skills this time around. I have plenty of xp saved up as I was originally going to raise my saber skill but I don't know if I'm going to bother with that anymore.

Ushgarak
It's probably easier if people let me know what kind of changes they want; I don't want old characters to get bogged down in character creation. We do actually have a conversion system ready to go.

Incidentally, the only reason 'Blackguard' was being used before for that trickiest-of-classes-to-name, the Dark Swordsman, is because it was what D&D was calling Anti-Paladins at the time.

(They used to be called 'Vengers' in my day).

Newjak

That's an Outsider's philosophy. They will stab you in the back, whereas a Dark Jedi is more likely to fight an honest duel with you just to prove he is better. (Or she, in your case) Yup going to be a Predator fallen Jedi. That was tailor made for Xavier. Especially the honest dueling part.

And the biggest change I is get my guy's Saber Master level up and take down his Multiple Attack Blade Trick down. I never actually meant to ever need to go that high with that skill.

My intention was always to make Xavier more dangerous one on one duels then in large fights.

Ushgarak
Ok, you are going to have to be far more general with your changes as neither of what you mentioned still exist. The system is being rebooted into a new version- though Skills are virtually identical.

Lana
Hehe makes sense. Predator just seems kind of out of place when compared to the rest.

(though keep in mind I'm generally iffy about changes at first until I get used to them)

As for changing Rianna...I don't plan to actually make any changes. I just want to use the xp I've been hoarding to up my saber skill to instead get some actual skills so that she's a bit more useful than a rock when it comes to anything but killing or sneaking.

I've been joking that, just for the amusement factor, I'd take Seduction stick out tongue For sure I'd spend to raise Observation and get Fix-it or something.

Newjak
Ok, you are going to have to be far more general with your changes as neither of what you mentioned still exist. The system is being rebooted into a new version- though Skills are virtually identical. Well that was the biggest change I wanted to make anyways stick out tongue

But yeah most of the rest of Xavier I want to remain the same.

Will there be anything like Sabermaster in the new system?

Lord Melkor
Well, I would like Gallador to retain as much from B type as possible.

He will be better at combat now, I assume, which is good, because he was not up to par with others. He was focused Living Force and Darkside powers specialist, I don`t know how it fits into the new system. He also had very good social skills.

By the way, do you still follow the notion that Initimidate is used by bad guys, and Persuasion by good? I think LG cops/Paladins can be pretty good at intimidating the evil-doers and Persuasion is useful the same no matter if you use it for good or evil ends( see Chancellor Palpatine).

Ushgarak
No, in fact you will recognise very little of Blade Schticks, I think.

But as to your request to be more of a duellist than a general guy- yup, can do that.

Lana

But as to your request to be more of a duellist than a general guy- yup, can do that.

...please tell me that some form of CoC will still exist?

And damn, if Gallador's going to be a better fighter, we won't be able to intimidate him as easily when he's annoying stick out tongue

Ushgarak
The base of the skills system is still unchanged so that is remaining pretty much as is. There comes a point where everyone ends up with everything if we follow it too far to the point where everyone has everything that might be useful to your template.

That being the case, the awarded skills are the tactics most likely to be used by a template and if you want to be more multi-talented than that, use xp.

Newjak

But as to your request to be more of a duellist than a general guy- yup, can do that. Cool.

Also I would also like to keep my guy as intimidating as before.

Also will the physical and mental stats still be roughly the same?

Lord Melkor
Anything on Force Powers?

Ushgarak
SNEAK PREVIEW!

Blade Schticks are as follows:

GUARDS-

Balanced Guard

Focussed Guard

Forward Guard

Orthodox Guard

(Only one Guard can be used at a time. For EU enthusiasts you may be able to partially map these to the sabre fighting styles)

STANDARD-

Bodyguard (surviving from the old version!)

Block (changed from Force power)

Charge (changed from Force power)

Cleave (changed from Force power- equivalent for CofC)

Perfect Strike (New kid on the block- what Mace Windu killed Jango with)

Reflection (changed from Force power and merged with Ricochet)

Riposte (changed from Force power)

Lord Melkor
...please tell me that some form of CoC will still exist?

And damn, if Gallador's going to be a better fighter, we won't be able to intimidate him as easily when he's annoying stick out tongue

You bunch of bullies! Still, if Psycho Brigade decides to turn on Gallador/Rand, they are dead.

And I am able to return the bullying in the OT game.

big grin

General Kaliero
Dak will remain a Corsair. Muahaha.

As for changes, I really can't think of any I want. I'll have the most fun if he remains saber-focused, although I probably need to work on a few skills with XP.

You bunch of bullies! Still, if Psycho Brigade decides to turn on Gallador/Rand, they are dead.

Bold-faced lies. The only reason the group exists in its current form is because Rand and Gallador know pissing the Brigade off TOO much will result in very painful, untimely deaths. happy

Lord Melkor
Do Blade Schticks still have levels?

Ushgarak
Nope.

Newjak
SNEAK PREVIEW!

Blade Schticks are as follows:

GUARDS-

Balanced Guard

Focussed Guard

Forward Guard

Orthodox Guard

(Only one Guard can be used at a time. For EU enthusiasts you may be able to partially map these to the sabre fighting styles)

STANDARD-

Bodyguard (surviving from the old version!)

Block (changed from Force power)

Charge (changed from Force power)

Cleave (changed from Force power- equivalent for CofC)

Perfect Strike (New kid on the block- what Mace Windu killed Jango with)

Reflection (changed from Force power and merged with Ricochet)

Riposte (changed from Force power) Sweet eek!

Lana
Hmmm, has Riposte actually changed at all, or is it simply not a Force Power and instead a blade trick instead?

Because if it's the latter, then Cleave + Riposte = Rianna big grin

And I am able to return the bullying in the OT game.

big grin

Pfffft. You wish. For starters, we outnumber you.

Ah, man, this means we're not Type Cs anymore stick out tongue

Newjak
Hmmm, has Riposte actually changed at all, or is it simply not a Force Power and instead a blade trick instead?

Because if it's the latter, then Cleave + Riposte = Rianna big grin

Ah, man, this means we're not Type Cs anymore stick out tongue I'm thinking Cleave, and Perfect Strike as the ones I want the most so far.

Riposte also is looking good.

And we are still united in our craziness and love for stabbing things stick out tongue

Lord Melkor

Ah, man, this means we're not Type Cs anymore stick out tongue

Ha, just wait for OT episode without Vader, who unfortunately overshadowed the fact that Commisar is supposed to be scary guy.

Ushgarak
Well, err, Riposte is different, with the same basic idea.

Lana
Ha, just wait for OT episode without Vader, who unfortunately overshadowed the fact that Commisar is supposed to be scary guy.

That's the thing with people who only work with you because you pay them...not as easy to intimidate because generally it means you need them more than they need you stick out tongue

Well, err, Riposte is different, with the same basic idea.

Well, so long as it's the same basic idea. I like that power rather a lot, if no one managed to pick that up.

Newjak
Ha, just wait for OT episode without Vader, who unfortunately overshadowed the fact that Commisar is supposed to be scary guy. Yeah because he looked really scary running from the Giantsokan stick out tongue

And Riposte looks like a very good and effective skill to have.

General Kaliero
Yeah, Cleave and Riposte is looking lovely to Dak...

Captain REX
Galder is obviously a Corsair.

Bespin Bart
Xeth is of course staying a Vigilante. Good to see that it survived conversion.

Will we be maintaining how our skills looked with the last sheet? Vigilantes don't come default as decent Pilots or Heavy Weapons wielders.

Jazzman_78
To no one's surprise, ANdro will stay a Swordsman. Although I will miss the craziness from CoC, I did wish he was a more rounded swordsman. I liked his ability to shred large groups quickly, but didn't like the lack of defensive abilities.

Brit
Jelena has been template-orphaned! Oh well. She will be an Adventurer.

Ushgarak
I'm afraid that whilst Athlete-types have a broad choice of skills as ever, no Force template ever has Heavy Weapons and none except the Adventurer-types get Pilot.

Bespin Bart
Oh...buggery. Er, what about all the xp I spent on them?

Captain REX
I guess you'll be hoping for some new player to take Ronin, Chris...

Alkaselzer
Gallagher retains his Acolyte status.

Is the Seeker my Renegade half?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.