My Christmas Rant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain King
Christmas isn't your birthday, it's Jesus'es.

So why is everyone always panicking to get eachother gifts?

It's his day, not your's.

Shouldn't be.. oh I don't know.. giving donations to a church or offering some sortof matireal sacrament to Christ? I know the latter sounds kindof pagany but like i said, it's his birthday, not your's.

Christmas is a great example of the differance between capitalism and coporatism.

Intentionaly companies try to stay religiously neutral as not to offend anyone.
But Christmas is SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT CHRIST.
So bassicaly they're saying "we don't give a **** about the religion or what this holiday even means to you, but buy our crap".

I think the most Christian thing anyone could do is not buy a God-damn thing.
No wait, that'd be the Satanist thing to do, my bad.

The Christian thing to do would be buy crap for homeless kids or some lame shit like that. I don't know. I hate the homeless. But Christ was big on that lovey-dovey crap. So sense you're Christian you might want to follow his example.

That's why i'm a Satanist. All Satan ever did was showup every other chaptor, troll for a little while, and when any philosopher or God asked why "i did it for the lulz"

Outbound
Christmas isnt the only holiday at this time of the year though.

silver_tears
Christmas was never originally Christian.
And some of us do buy things for the homeless or poor.

Kinneary
It's not Jesus's birthday.

And I give to charities year round - I sign up for a monthly donation out of my paycheck every year in april. What's wrong with giving to my family on December 25th?

chillmeistergen
I'm not a christian, so I don't go to church, I refuse outright to give money to a church and I enjoy being wholly selfish within my family at Christmas. Why do I do it? Probably because the material message has been beaten into me by advertising, and dare I say it the evil lizard faced corporations. Is this a bad thing? I don't think so, no, the message isn't the same for me as Christians, because frankly - I couldn't give a flying fvck about when Jesus was born. I enjoy eating, drinking, having a laugh and giving and receiving presents, if I'm given time off to do it, that's brilliant.

If you want to celebrate it in a different way, by all means do, but don't tell other people what to do on a certain day that has gained a new meaning.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Captain King

Shouldn't be.. oh I don't know.. giving donations to a church or offering some sortof matireal sacrament to Christ? I know the latter sounds kindof pagany but like i said, it's his birthday, not your's.

Christmas is a great example of the differance between capitalism and coporatism.

So bassicaly they're saying "we don't give a **** about the religion or what this holiday even means to you, but buy our crap".

The Christian thing to do would be buy crap for homeless kids or some lame shit like that. I don't know. I hate the homeless. But Christ was big on that lovey-dovey crap. So sense you're Christian you might want to follow his example.

That's why i'm a Satanist. All Satan ever did was showup every other chaptor, troll for a little while, and when any philosopher or God asked why "i did it for the lulz" You're a troll. Holy shit, I can't believe people are seriously responding to this.

Captain King
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
If you want to celebrate it in a different way, by all means do, but don't tell other people what to do on a certain day that has gained a new meaning.
If it's a new meaning then it's not Christmas.

Call it massive consumer bullshit day for all I care, but Christmas it aint.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to suggest the entire basis of Christmas has been raped and is just retarded now. Everyone who is apart of it is wholly a moron. Regardless of thier politics.

And you can call that trolling if you want but proof is you put yourselves in deubt, I don't. I think companies make enough money without preassuring me into buying shit one particular day. I bet if I putup a nice commercial and $$$ you wouldn't care what I told people to do.

Kinneary
Would you like to buy gifts for your family on a different day? Or would you prefer to not do it at all? Christmas is time off of work and a time for special bargains in stores around you to do it. I'm not a christian, but I still celebrate it for that reason.

If you don't want to do it, then don't. But don't recite the same things people have been doing for decades about Christmas and think you're going to be praised as innovative or a rebel. We all know what Christmas is.

Captain King
I'll be glad when this country collapses.

In no other place in the world is it as insane as hear. Well.. sept for europe..

TRH
Who the hell are you supposed to be Pat Robertson?...your pathetic.

chillmeistergen
If it's a new meaning then it's not Christmas.

Call it massive consumer bullshit day for all I care, but Christmas it aint.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to suggest the entire basis of Christmas has been raped and is just retarded now. Everyone who is apart of it is wholly a moron. Regardless of thier politics.

And you can call that trolling if you want but proof is you put yourselves in deubt, I don't. I think companies make enough money without preassuring me into buying shit one particular day. I bet if I putup a nice commercial and $$$ you wouldn't care what I told people to do.

I'll call it whatever what I want, if I want to call it Easter, I will.

If you don't want to buy gifts, then don't, I do, so I will.

Kinneary
I'll be glad when this country collapses.

In no other place in the world is it as insane as hear. Well.. sept for europe..
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
AAHAHAHAHA

If you think America is about as crazy as it gets, my god, get the hell out and explore the world. I bet you've never even been outside of America have you?

Hell dude, just read my sig.

Captain King
Originally posted by Kinneary
If you think America is about as crazy as it gets, my god, get the hell out and explore the world. I bet you've never even been outside of America have you?

Not all of us have money coming out our ass.

We all weren't born with silver spoons in our mouths and got to see the world with mommy and daddy.

But I bet I do alot more research then you. And America's pretty high on my list of disgust.

First it's the asians
Then it's Australlia
Then it's this hellhole
Then it's the Euros

chillmeistergen

We all weren't born with silver spoons in our mouths and got to see the world with mommy and daddy.

But I bet I do alot more research then you. And America's pretty high on my list of disgust.

First it's the asians
Then it's Australlia
Then it's this hellhole
Then it's the Euros

I've travelled quite a bit, most of it on my own money. Not being born into money is no excuse for cultural ignorance.

Kinneary
Silver spoons? Son, I'm 21, make about 26,000 a year, and I live on my own. I'm in the military, was stationed in Japan, and took the initiative to visit other asian countries. I wanted to get out of America and explore, so that's what I did. (And before you get into me propogating America's 'evil empire' or whatever you want to say, I'm a corpsman.)

Meet other people (in real life) from other countries, visit other countries, don't assume you've done 'a lot more research' than someone else. Form informed opinions, not opinions you got from listening to American Idiot.

Darth Macabre
But I bet I do alot more research then you. It's actually "than" you...yeah.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holiday's everyone.

chillmeistergen
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
It's actually "than" you...yeah.

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holiday's everyone.

It's actually ''holidays''.

Rogue Jedi
you are all a bunch of jackasses. Just admit that the only reason you celebrate christmas is for the presents.

Darth Macabre
It's actually ''holidays''. Touche.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
you are all a bunch of jackasses. Just admit that the only reason you celebrate christmas is for the presents. I don't celebrate Christmas. confused

chillmeistergen
you are all a bunch of jackasses. Just admit that the only reason you celebrate christmas is for the presents.

Yeah, and to spend time with my family and eat nice food and drink free of charge. Also, to give presents, it's something I take great delight in.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, and to spend time with my family and eat nice food and drink free of charge. Also, to give presents, it's something I take great delight in. I meant to post "the MAIN reason." my bad.

Darth Macabre
Yeah, and to spend time with my family and eat nice food and drink free of charge. Also, to give presents, it's something I take great delight in. I don't get why people can't see or understand that others have the maturity and cognitive prowess to celebrate the Christian aspects of Christmas, with the social aspects of Christmas at the same time.

chillmeistergen
I meant to post "the MAIN reason." my bad.

Oh right. Well, no, it's not my main reason for celebrating it.

I don't get why people can't see or understand that others have the maturity and cognitive prowess to celebrate the Christian aspects of Christmas, with the social aspects of Christmas at the same time.

Well, I'm not Christian, so that has no bearing on my Christmas.

Darth Macabre

Well, I'm not Christian, so that has no bearing on my Christmas. Never said you were; nor was I trying to make insinuations or allusions to you being Christian. I was simply making a point, using your post as a reference. I apologize.

Rogue Jedi

Well, I guess you are an exception to the rule. you feel special?

I don't get why people can't see or understand that others have the maturity and cognitive prowess to celebrate the Christian aspects of Christmas, with the social aspects of Christmas at the same time. VERY well said.

Schecter

That's why i'm a Satanist. All Satan ever did was showup every other chaptor, troll for a little while, and when any philosopher or God asked why "i did it for the lulz"

make my christmas special and become an hero.

chillmeistergen
Never said you were; nor was I trying to make insinuations or allusions to you being Christian. I was simply making a point, using your post as a reference. I apologize.

That's fine, it's a fair enough point.

Well, I guess you are an exception to the rule. you feel special?

Yeah.

Violent2Dope

First it's the asians
Then it's Australlia
Then it's this hellhole
Then it's the Euros That leaves Africa.

Rogue Jedi

Yeah. good then.

Originally posted by Schecter
make my christmas special and become an hero. I'd go with Martyr, but thats just me.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
That leaves Africa. And Antarctica.

Kinneary
And South America. Really, who puts Africa and South America above North America and Europe?

Rogue Jedi
Dont forget Alaska. shifty

Rogue Jedi
I dont get why Someone would worship Satan anyway, he had his ass handed to him by when he rebelled. what a sissy, not to mention a DUMBASS.

Bicnarok
Christmas is different for various people, for various reason.
Even for none christians.

Basically its a good laugh, you get presents, have time off work, you get to eat loads of unhealthy food, you get can get drunk without being labeled a yob.

So stop ranting, enjoy YOUR Xmas and let others enjoy thiers,

Ushgarak
Troll thread- closed.

Captain King, don't do this sort of thing again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.