Thor and Orion in a Physical Stats Match ONLY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
THor and ORion can use only thier natural speed, endurance and strength ect in a fight to the dEath. Who would wiN?

Mr. Slippyfist
I took all the capitols out of the words that weren't supposed to be there... and I got:

Hren

If you turn that backwards, I got:

Nerh

Unscrambled:

Hern

Is this supposed to mean something?

SaintSmurph
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I took all the capitols out of the words that weren't supposed to be there... and I got:

Hren

If you turn that backwards, I got:

Nerh

Unscrambled:

Hern

Is this supposed to mean something? Quick! To the conspiracy forum! smile

UniOmni
Speed is in Orions corner, while strength i'd say is about equal.

Endurance i'd normally say is Orions thing, with mb healing him, but natural implies no aid from outside sources, so it's either even, or an edge to Thor.

Orion is more skilled than Thor, so he gets the nod from me.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by UniOmni
Speed is in Orions corner, while strength i'd say is about equal.

Endurance i'd normally say is Orions thing, with mb healing him, but natural implies no aid from outside sources, so it's either even, or an edge to Thor.

Orion is more skilled than Thor, so he gets the nod from me.
IN Thor's defense, I've never seen someone lock arms with an angry hulk for an hour. So while the Hulk's strength grows, THor must have some uber endurance to keep it up against growing strength. On the other hand, Thor's bones get broken by mid metas.

Larceny
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
IN Thor's defense, I've never seen someone lock arms with an angry hulk for an hour. So while the Hulk's strength grows, THor must have some uber endurance to keep it up against growing strength. On the other hand, Thor's bones get broken by mid metas.

Where do you keep getting this Thor's bones broken stuff?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by SaintSmurph
Quick! To the conspiracy forum! smile On it.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=473322

SpiderGauntlet
THor and ORion can use only thier natural speed, endurance and strength ect in a fight to the dEath. Who would wiN?

Original

THOR EN

When 9/11 conspiracy team alters it

Thor would win thanks to his ENdurance huh

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Larceny
Where do you keep getting this Thor's bones broken stuff?

ONe of Sinister's boys broke Thor's bones during the mutant massacre. All he did was drop from the cieling and broke Thor's arm.

UniOmni

And Hippolyta draws blood punching Orion.

Low showings abound for both these characters.

It's not the average of either, so why bring it up?

nvrbeenwthagirl
And Hippolyta draws blood punching Orion.

Low showings abound for both these characters.

It's not the average of either, so why bring it up?

Hippolyta is class one hundred easily. The guy that broke thor's arm isn't.

UniOmni
Hippolyta is NOT Class 100 easily.

Class 100 is another way of saying top tier.

She is not top tier, hence her needing the armor and guantlets to fill in Diana's place in OWAW, and still dying a failure.

She's a normal Amazon, ie Captain America on steroids.

Mr. Slippyfist
She's a normal Amazon, ie Captain America on steroids. So... she's Captain America?

UniOmni
Something like it.

Hawkman in strength, i'd say.

Larceny
ONe of Sinister's boys broke Thor's bones during the mutant massacre. All he did was drop from the cieling and broke Thor's arm.

Scans?

CaptainStoic

Lock Arms with Hulk for an hour huh. That was old news The Hulk is so much more poweful now than he was then. Unless you forget what he told Colossus when he folded him. All the same I would give Thor the edge in Strength durability is about the same but martial arts would be Orion. Speed I'd call it dead even. I guess this is why they made an amalgam called Thorion.

Mr. Slippyfist
Scans? laughing out loud

Larceny
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Lock Arms with Hulk for an hour huh. That was old news The Hulk is so much more poweful now than he was then. Unless you forget what he told Colossus when he folded him. All the same I would give Thor the edge in Strength durability is about the same but martial arts would be Orion. Speed I'd call it dead even. I guess this is why they made an amalgam called Thorion.

How can unlimited strength become any more powerful than unlimited strength? confused

Larceny
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
laughing out loud

Yeah, I know. sad

CaptainStoic
Thor at the time of the mythical bone breaking routine, was cursed by Hela and needed to wear armor to keep himself from crumbling to dust. The curse made his bones brittle. If Orion had the curse, he too would need similar armor.

Larceny
Thor at the time of the mythical bone breaking routine, was cursed by Hela and needed to wear armor to keep himself from crumbling to dust. The curse made his bones brittle. If Orion had the curse, he too would need similar armor.

Knew there had to be something behind it. thumb up

Nvr misrepresents again!

CaptainStoic
How can unlimited strength become any more powerful than unlimited strength? confused

Meaning his base strength is greater than it ever was. We are talking about the Hulk right? Try to keep up.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor at the time of the mythical bone breaking routine, was cursed by Hela and needed to wear armor to keep himself from crumbling to dust. The curse made his bones brittle. If Orion had the curse, he too would need similar armor. If that's the case, then wow... oh nvr, you sly dog.

I loved the armor though, but hated that damn curse. It was brought up in like every page. mad

Larceny
Meaning his base strength is greater than it ever was. We are talking about the Hulk right? Try to keep up.

Base strength is meaningless when when your strength is unlimited. Hulk was far past his base an hour or so after becoming enraged. So again, how does unlimited strength become more powerful than unlimited strength?

UniOmni
Souja, you're being obtuse.

Hulk isn't about being unlimited heights in strength. He's about access to to unlimited strength.

He's not multiplying, but adding, and at different rates.

guy222
thor

Gecko4lif

She is not top tier, hence her needing the armor and guantlets to fill in Diana's place in OWAW, and still dying a failure.

She is class 400. with her girdle on

She is class 100 normally

Priest
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/fs123.jpg vs.http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/midgardserpent2.jpg
laughing out loud

Gecko4lif
thor is towing it.

all he is really doing is holding the stick

Kutulu
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
thor is towing it.

all he is really doing is holding the stick

laughing

He is doing a lot more than "holding the stick".

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Kutulu
laughing

He is doing a lot more than "holding the stick".

No.

THe ship is moving the snake he is only holding the stick.

Dont get me wrong it is still a strength feat, it just lessens the degree.

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Priest
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/fs123.jpg vs.http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/midgardserpent2.jpg
laughing out loud Guy that tossed a building vs. Guy that jerked a planet sized snake...I'm gonna go with the snake man for the strength advantage. Then again I couldn't give two shits about Orion or what he's lifted, Thor still wins.

Priest
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
No.

THe ship is moving the snake he is only holding the stick.

Dont get me wrong it is still a strength feat, it just lessens the degree.
U ever went fishing before?
Thor had to break the snake's grip from the earth, and then lift the snake so the boat can do its thing. smile
In the scan itself, Thor mentions its a strength feat, not a GRIP feat.

vlaaad12345
laughing out loud
If we want to play low end showings versus high end ones I can play that game as well you know,orion has consistantly shown himself an near equal to superman in strength,little lower durability imo and about equal in endurance,in a purely physical fight orion has the skill and somewhat of a power advantage he would win eventually,also about your scan...did we not think about for a moment that maybe the ground just collapsed considering unlike superman orion doesnt have a bio field for stuff like that.

nvrbeenwthagirl

YOu don't know what the hell you are talking about. Hippolyta isn't a normal amazon. YOu ever seen a normal amazon pick up a 747 and toss it like it was a base ball? NOw please learn something about wonder Woman mythos before you stick your foot in your mouth again.

cmack
thor wins if he enters warrior madness, but with physical stats orion has it

Larceny
you stick your foot in your mouth again.

Hypocrite. smile

CaptainStoic
From what I saw of Orion lifting the lead block I'd say the same would happen to Thor. The sheer weight of it would drive him into the ground like a peg. I never saw Orion's arms buckle in that pic. I'm not being biased or anything I just see it for what it is. Orion would be a perfect match for Thor, which was shown in his fight with Big Blue, as both have fallen to him.

UniOmni
YOu don't know what the hell you are talking about. Hippolyta isn't a normal amazon. YOu ever seen a normal amazon pick up a 747 and toss it like it was a base ball? NOw please learn something about wonder Woman mythos before you stick your foot in your mouth again.

She's not top tier.

If she was, she wouldn't have needed the Gauntlets and armor to take WW place in OWAW.

When did she throw a 747?

TricksterPriest
Orion 6-7/10. But he'll really have to work for it. Despite his mad dog nature, Orion's not going to fight dirty and do shit like bite Thor or rip his eyes out. He'll make it a clean fight.

Do nerve strikes and things like that work on Asgardians? They're pretty close to even in most stats, except for speed and skill, where Orion has a clear advantage.

nvrbeenwthagirl
She's not top tier.

If she was, she wouldn't have needed the Gauntlets and armor to take WW place in OWAW.

When did she throw a 747? Dude where have you been? Hypolyta is PRECRISIS wonder Woman from the JSA days. She is clearly class 100. And she threw the 7147 in Amazons attack.

Priest
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Orion 6-7/10. But he'll really have to work for it. Despite his mad dog nature, Orion's not going to fight dirty and do shit like bite Thor or rip his eyes out. He'll make it a clean fight.

Do nerve strikes and things like that work on Asgardians? They're pretty close to even in most stats, except for speed and skill, where Orion has a clear advantage.
Thor Beats Orion 7/10 in a fight.
Thor is stronger and has more skill than Orion.

h1a8
laughing out loud

Actually the Thor feat is invalid.
This is because the Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible) as said in the panel. Thor was only pulling the A section (the head) of the Serpent with the boat's help.

h1a8
After reading about these two for years and getting a good feel for each one I would say with Thor without his hammer that Orion is somewhat stronger, a little faster, more skilled, a little more durable in the physical hit department.
So IMO I say Orion wins.

Priest
Originally posted by h1a8
This is because the Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible) as said in the panel. Thor was only pulling the A section (the head) of the Serpent with the boat's help.
He broke the grip of the the serpant that was crushing the earth on the previous page. That alone is planetary strength feat.

After reading about these two for years and getting a good feel for each one I would say with Thor without his hammer that Orion is somewhat stronger, a little faster, more skilled, a little more durable in the physical hit department.
So IMO I say Orion wins.
Without the mjinor?
Taking away the mjinor is taking away part of the character its self. Without the Mjinor there is no Thor.
U realize that Orion carries around a Motherbox to amp his attributes. The Mother Box is not apart of the character like the Mjinor is to Thor's character imo.
I have yet to see anyone prove that Orion is stronger than Thor with actual feats... The only "feat" im hearing is Nver spwewing that Orion and Superman are physical equals based on some narration from some ressent comic.
That is hardly any proof Of Orion's physical stature smile I as well can bring up plenty of HYPERBOLE narration in Thor defense.
Oh BTW Superman>>>Orion is strength.

Show me something that Orion has done that puts him above Thor.

Kutulu

Thor feat is perfectly valid. If the serpent was intangible, it wouldn't have affected Earth, and there wouldn't be earthquakes and tidal waves as depicted on panel.

Kutulu
So IMO I say Orion wins.

As usual you are wrong on all accounts.

nvrbeenwthagirl
He broke the grip of the the serpant that was crushing the earth on the previous page. That alone is planetary strength feat.

Without the mjinor?
Taking away the mjinor is taking away part of the character its self. Without the Mjinor there is no Thor.
U realize that Orion carries around a Motherbox to amp his attributes. The Mother Box is not apart of the character like the Mjinor is to Thor's character imo.
I have yet to see anyone prove that Orion is stronger than Thor with actual feats... The only "feat" im hearing is Nver spwewing that Orion and Superman are physical equals based on some narration from some ressent comic.
That is hardly any proof Of Orion's physical stature smile I as well can bring up plenty of HYPERBOLE narration in Thor defense.
Oh BTW Superman>>>Orion is strength.

Show me something that Orion has done that puts him above Thor.

I hope you realize that the mother box doesn't amp Orion's strenght, but actually keeps his rage and strength in check. I love how people argue against characters they know nothing about. ANd yes, Orion is as strong as superman. He even ducked it out with a sun amped superman while the rest of the league got thier asses busted.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor feat is perfectly valid. If the serpent was intangible, it wouldn't have affected Earth, and there wouldn't be earthquakes and tidal waves as depicted on panel.

IF that serpent had even weighed as much as the moon, the earth would have collapsed in on itself and tital waves would have destroyed it in an instant.

ashroro
Hey, its a comic book right? Sometimes real world physics or phenomena don't apply.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by ashroro
Hey, its a comic book right? Sometimes real world physics or phenomena don't apply.
He does have a point

But at the same time if it weighed as much as the moon there would have been hella more damage

even comic artist know that

UniOmni
And we know irl that something with the surface area of a square foot, couldn't possibly support something miles wide and long........but they do it anyway.

Gecko4lif
And we know irl that something with the surface area of a square foot, couldn't possibly support something miles wide and long........but they do it anyway.

It can if it was magic...

WrathfulDwarf
Rage and More aggrasive go to Orion.

Thor better keep a cool head.

Mr. Slippyfist
laughing out loud It's more than likely that it was the shift in weight that caused this. Plus, it's not like Thor has never had weak lifting feats...
Although, even if it wasn't the shift in weight, feats from that arc are some of the most overplayed pieces of garbage on the forum. Orion can't break f*cking titanium in one shrug, let alone trying to break out? What the f**k?

This is because the Serpent's body was in ethereal form (intangible) as said in the panel. Thor was only pulling the A section (the head) of the Serpent with the boat's help. laughing out loud

h1a8
He broke the grip of the the serpent that was crushing the earth on the previous page. That alone is planetary strength feat.
Not so. There wasn't any physical grip on the Earth. Its like pulling a human's head with a ghostlike body so that you are only pulling the human's head weight as resistance. The serpent was only magically crushing the Earth and not physically. So by pulling the Serpent's head the rest of the Serpent's ethereal body had to follow otherwise it be seperated. Now if the Serpent actually had a physical grip on the Earth (as the panel contradicts) then the Earth would both change spin and move somewhat out of orbit due to the existing friction of the Serpent while being wrapped around the Earth and Thor's pull.But the head itself was a good portion of the size of the Earth (look at the size comparisons on the panel). So Thor's feat is still a hell of a strength feat (Something I don't think Orion can do).

My bad. I thought the OP wanted Thor to fight without his hammer here. If Thor fights with his hammer then he can definitely win.
What you say makes sense. So you are probably right. I can agree that Orion and Thor are equals in strength. Or I can accept that Thor is slightly stronger.

Kutulu
Not so. There wasn't any physical grip on the Earth. Its like pulling a human's head with a ghostlike body so that you are only pulling the human's head weight as resistance. The serpent was only magically crushing the Earth and not physically. So by pulling the Serpent's head the rest of the Serpent's ethereal body had to follow otherwise it be seperated. Now if the Serpent actually had a physical grip on the Earth (as the panel contradicts) then the Earth would both change spin and move somewhat out of orbit due to the existing friction of the Serpent while being wrapped around the Earth and Thor's pull.But the head itself was a good portion of the size of the Earth (look at the size comparisons on the panel). So Thor's feat is still a hell of a strength feat (Something I don't think Orion can do).

My bad. I thought the OP wanted Thor to fight without his hammer here. If Thor fights with his hammer then he can definitely win.
What you say makes sense. So you are probably right. I can agree that Orion and Thor are equals in strength. Or I can accept that Thor is slightly stronger.

noway

h1a8

The Serpent was magically crushing the Earth. You know that ethereal(the word the panel uses) means intangible right?

Larceny

no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.