Vader's apprentice vs. ROTS Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue_Hefner
Location is Ossus. I know we don't know much about Vader's apprentice yet, but base your opinions on the trailers.

I think the apprentice would win.

Darth Martin
We know that he is redicoulously powerful but have no no known feats of his skill with a lightsaber.

Darth Hord
Anakin wins by default until the game/novel/comic comes out.

darthsith19
Well, logically the apprentice would be weaker than Vader and Sidious, otherwise he'd be the master, not the apprentice. However, going from the trailer only he looks like he could kick anybody's ass on this side of NJO Luke.

NateGreySummers
Not really. TKing a SD is great and all, but a feat surpassed by many.

Darth Hord
And add to the fact that the star destroyer was already in the planet's atmosphere. So the ships is already fighting gravity. So he didn't do it all alone when he brought it down,. But it is still a very impressive feat.

darthsith19
Originally posted by NateGreySummers
Not really. TKing a SD is great and all, but a feat surpassed by many.
It's a huge ship and would have been fighting against the tk, and then he uses the Force to stop it before it hits him. Not to mention he beats the shit outta Rancors, destroys Tie Fighters with ease, and Force Pushed Storm Troopers so far and so quickly that they look like they might have even died - who ever heard of anybody dying from a Force Push? At one point it shows him using Force Lightning on like 5 guys at once, and at another point he Force Pushes like 10 guys with a single move, really far, too.

Darth Martin
Yes but we all know that video games push the limits. He couldn't have done all this in a SW movie.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Yes but we all know that video games push the limits. He couldn't have done all this in a SW movie.

The real way to judge him is going to be in the force unleashed novel

Darth Martin
They're writing a book aswell?

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Martin
They're writing a book aswell?

Yep from what I have gathered it is going to be a multimedia project (just like shadows of the empire in the mid to early 90s) with a book,comic( I think) and the actual vide game and maybe some rpg game.

Darth Martin
I need to get back into comics lol.

((The_Anomaly))
Oh god I hope they don't try and create another "uber" video game character with this game. Revan was enough...honestly.

MadMel
too late i think erm

Originally posted by darthsith19
who ever heard of anybody dying from a Force Push?
the people who get forced pushed of ledges and fall to their deaths stick out tongue

0°Mandalore°0
Yes, this guy looks incredibly powerful. I actually like uber characters. Makes things more interesting.

fascistcrusader
I doubt his insane gameplay feats will be canon. They are purposefully making the force feats over the top for a more fun play through, not to make the apprentice >>>>> All. For example, in one interview I saw they will have a mode in the game where you can play through the saber fights in both trilogies with the OTT force powers, and it showed Vader vs Ben with the in game engine and extreme force pushes, that doesn't mean those fights had those powers canonically though.

Never trust shots of gameplay for canon, only the novel and comic book can show us the real power of the secret apprentice.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I doubt his insane gameplay feats will be canon. They are purposefully making the force feats over the top for a more fun play through, not to make the apprentice >>>>> All. For example, in one interview I saw they will have a mose in the game where you can play through the saber fights in both trilogies with the OTT force powers, and it showed Vader vs Ben with the in game engine and extreme force pushes, that doesn't mean those fights had those powers canonically though.

Never trust shots of gameplay for canon, only the novel and comic book can show us the real power of the secret apprentice.

MadMel
the game has been anounced as canon..
check out the SW FU thread in the games discussion forum..

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by MadMel

can you post the link to where it was announced I'm having trouble

fascistcrusader

KotOR is canon as well, but a canon story/plot doesn't make the gameplay canon.

((The_Anomaly))
Yes, the gameplay IS NOT CANON. All the insane force powers that this guy has are gameplay only, only the story will count as canon. He is Vader's apprentice and therefore he is weaker then Vader, even if in gameplay he does things that Vader has never done. All gameplay in video games is considered N-canon (non canon) according to Lucasfilm. So therefore only the story will count, i.e. anything in cutscenes or the like.

Elite Hunter
I need to a see a link to where the GAME not the NOVEL will be canon. I think the novel is the canon source even if a cutscene and the book contradict it each other but I doubt it.

Mizukage Yoda
No for gods sake this guy ripped a Star Destroyer from the Sky that is ridiculous. I say Vader's Apprentice

0°Mandalore°0
Originally posted by fascistcrusader

KotOR is canon as well, but a canon story/plot doesn't make the gameplay canon.

Even though it doesn't make gameplay canon, feats are still canon... and we see FEATS in the trailers.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
No for gods sake this guy ripped a Star Destroyer from the Sky that is ridiculous. I say Vader's Apprentice
About that, he doesn't really have to bring it down alone. I think all he had to do was alter the course of the stardestroyer and let gravity do the rest and the next thing he had to do was stop it. I wont make mind up on this battle until I read the book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.