Most Powerful Mortal Kombatants!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NateGreySummers
In respect to whom would be best versed to win in one of these versus battles.

Fuddle
Pikachu kicks their asses big grin

NASA
Lord Raiden for sure

123KID
Shinnok w/Amulet or Onaga w/Komidogu

NateGreySummers
I'd say the most powerful could be any one of these three people:

1. Taven.

All in one day, he was able to battle a legion of enemies, including Raiden, Fujin, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Rain, Daegon, Mileena, and Goro, and at the end of all of that, take on Blaze, who was so powerful that his sheer inner power released upon his death was capable of killing all of the Kombatants fighting their way to challenge him. After defeating the powerhouse, he becomes a God, Protector of Edenia, and grows in power drastically. He can stop time, teleport, move at the speed of light, and has control over fire.

2. Blaze.

In his ultimate form, where he's a being of pure fire, he can't be defeated according to his creator.

3. Shinnok.

With his amulet, it took the combined might of Raiden, and the Elder Gods to strip him of his power. Even with the fake amulet, he was capable of entering the Heavens and killing numerous Elder Gods. Hell, even without any amulet, he was able to make the powerful Daegon his *****, and his weaker doppelganger was able to somewhat compete with the Dark Thunder God Raiden.

Yeah, I'm probably leaning in that order, but it could be any one of them imho.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Fuddle
Pikachu kicks their asses big grin
Joke post or not, you serve as a reminder as to why most (if not all) Pika fans should be hated. 31

Originally posted by NASA
Lord Raiden for sure
Not quite.

qwuStRWQD9o

Originally posted by 123KID
Correct.

Taven probably comes as a close "3rd most powerful", for the reasons NateGreySummers mentioned.

NateGreySummers
Originally posted by NASA
Lord Raiden for sure

Despite Taven kicking his ass in the Armageddon Konquest?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by NateGreySummers
2. Blaze.

In his ultimate form, where he's a being of pure fire, he can't be defeated according to his creator.
That's bull.

When did it ever state that he couldn't be defeated?

Fuddle
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Joke post or not, you serve as a reminder as to why most (if not all) Pika fans should be hated. 31

Then remind me big grin

NateGreySummers
Originally posted by 123KID

Shinnok, possibly, but Scorpion (when Champion of the Elder Gods) should definitely be considered above Onaga, considering he defeated him.

NateGreySummers
That's bull.

When did it ever state that he couldn't be defeated?

How rude a thing to say.

Deliah states it during one of Taven's training monoliths.

Kero_Co
Noob should be mentioned, he's up there.

Ridley_Prime
Shinnok, possibly, but Scorpion (when Champion of the Elder Gods) should definitely be considered above Onaga, considering he defeated him.
Scorpion's MKD ending isn't a canon ending though. It was really Shujinko who defeated Onaga...

Yt9QXXMYVOY

And at the last second, got rescued by Shinnok. 31

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9233/mkaonagapa0.jpg

Regardless of Scorpion having his abilities enhanced by the Elder Gods, he did not defeat the Dragon King, as the ninja spectre still got his ass kicked by Shujinko in Deception's Konquest mode.

Also, don't forget that Onaga has the ability to revive people from the dead, to do his own bidding. stick out tongue

How rude a thing to say.

Deliah states it during one of Taven's training monoliths.
Sorry about the rudeness. I can get carried away in VS threads sometimes.

Anyhow, I don't recall Deliah stating that. Guess I should replay Armageddon's Konquest mode again sometime. erm

Still though. The statement about Blaze being undefeatable is contradicting, seeing as how Taven still kicked his ass at the end of the Konquest mode, and not to mention, Blaze can be beaten with any character in the Arcade mode.

Originally posted by Kero_Co
Noob should be mentioned, he's up there.
Scorpion could take him, not to mention, Taven kicked his ass in Armageddon's Konquest.

Noob Saibot is still one of the most powerful MK ninjas though. I'll give him that.

NateGreySummers
Not quite top tier (top tier being Taven, Scorpion, Blaze, Onaga and Shinnok), but definitely up there. The original Sub-Zero was certainly extremely powerful, given how he was able to defeat Earth's four Elemental Gods, Scorpion, and Shinnok with his fake amulet, and Noob has canon defeats over the likes of the current Sub-Zero and Goro. Which incarnation is more powerful... I have no idea. I'm thinking Noob, given his superior powers (teleportation, control over fire, control over some kind of black mystical energy, and the ability to generate black holes), and the fact that beings reborn in the Netherealm appear to be more powerful than their previous incarnations (Scorpion being a prime example), but then again, Shinnok, without his amulet, essentially ordered him about, whereas the original Sub Zero was able to defeat him even when he had his fake amulet. Whether Noob's loyalty is due to fear or some other factor is debatable, though.

Someone who's actually really underrated, imo, is Kitana. She -- canonically (according to her Deadly Alliance Konquest) -- was able to defeat Quan Chi in battle, despite never having taken on any fighter like him, and Quan Chi was extremely powerful.

Also, Ermac. His powers of telekinesis, and the fact that he possesses the fighting ability of an entire legion of warriors puts him on par with people like Shang Tsung.

Ridley_Prime
Someone who's actually really underrated, imo, is Kitana. She -- canonically (according to her Deadly Alliance Konquest) -- was able to defeat Quan Chi in battle, despite never having taken on any fighter like him, and Quan Chi was extremely powerful.
Actually, Quan Chi killed her, and then she got revived by Onaga to do his own bidding, but Jade and Sindel were able to break her out of that trance (as hinted by Sindel's Deception ending, if I'm remembering correctly). Still though, she was defeated by Quan Chi. Otherwise, Onaga wouldn't have been able to revive her from the "dead".

NateGreySummers
This actually has me pretty perplexed, but I'm thinking they both were able to.

Shujinko obviously did defeat him, as you pointed out in Onaga's bio, though, bare in mind that that was the weakened Onaga.

Scorpion however reveals that he was able to do the Elder Gods' bidding in the Armageddon Konquest, so I'm guessing he must have actually defeated him in combat, and thought him dead, but thought wrong, and if that's the case, that would mean that he was able to defeat Onaga with all six Kamidogu, though not quite kill him.

Wasn't that before his abilities were enhanced, though?

Lol, it's fine, I was mostly kidding with my response.

I think it's said in the second Monolith that Deliah trains you in. Not that her word is infallible or anything, but clearly the Blaze that was on top of the pyramid wasn't at his full level of power.

She only says that about Blaze in his ultimate form, where he's a being of pure fire. He's only defeated in his weaker form.

Definitely agreed, probably only beat by Scorpion.

NateGreySummers
Actually, Quan Chi killed her, and then she got revived by Onaga to do his own bidding, but Jade and Sindel were able to break her out of that trance (as hinted by Sindel's Deception ending, if I'm remembering correctly). Still though, she was defeated by Quan Chi. Otherwise, Onaga wouldn't have been able to revive her from the "dead".

We don't actually know how she died. She could have, for all we know, have been killed by Shang Stung or someone after defeating Quan Chi in battle. Either way, she definitely defeated Quan Chi in battle, as it's stated in her canon Konquest mode. The circumstance before, during, or after the fight are mostly unknown however, but it's quite an impressive win, especially given her lack of experience against that sort of fighter.

Violent2Dope
IMO, it is either Onaga with the Kamidogu, Shinnok with Amulet, Taven, or Blaze.

NateGreySummers
After careful consideration, this would be my top ten:

1. Taven (Protector of Edenia, with Special Armour and Sword).
2. Blaze (Ultimate Fire Form).
3. Shinnok (with real Amulet).
4. Scorpion (Champion of the Elder Gods, within the Netherealm).
5. Onaga (with Kamidogu and amulet).
6. Shujinko.
7. Lui Kang (Human, Pre-Zombie).
8. Raiden (Dark).
9. Shao Kahn.
10. Noob Saibot (within the Netherealm).

I'm puzzled at where to put Daegon. He comes from excellent stock, possesses the Drakeswords and special armour (bare in mind that the person who created the armour also happened to create Blaze), has centuries worth of experience, was head of the Red Dragon Clan, ruling over powerful beings like Mavado, and was able to imprison his powerful Dragon Guardian, Caro. Yet, the depowered Shinnok was able to push him around with his powers, and Taven was able to defeat him after having defeated a legion of enemies, and then going on to defeat Blaze, so I doubt he'd make the top ten.

Lana
Please read the rules before making threads.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.