Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediRobin23
I found this, hilarious

HAHAHA

JackieCD
Hey, he might have made a decent Anakin Skywalker

queeq
INdeed.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by JediRobin23
I found this, hilarious

HAHAHA

Well Leo is a better actor, but I've always felt that Lucas made the right choice.

Rogue Jedi
should have been Ryan Phillipe or Paul Walker.

NateGreySummers
Someone not as attractive.

queeq
Paul Walker?????

Darth Martin
Leonardo

~JP~
Hayden was the right choice.

queeq
Hehehe... JP has the hots for Hayden...

But maybe Hayden wasn't the problem with Anakin... maybe it was the director.

General G
Or the character?

queeq
How can Darth Vader be a problematic character?

singe_101
Okay, I was looking at Wookieepedia and without going back there for another hour can we agree that Sidious used his midichlorian knowledge learned in part from Plagueis to form Anakin in Shmi's womb?

I wonder why Shmi Skywalker, but she was sooooo gentle and caring and isolated, that Anakin could develop out of the sight of pretty much everyone and with her personality in him, he could never turn on his "father" (unless to save his son out of caring, as Shmi would) and so Sidious could live on and on with his right hand badass. Maybe there was some grand plan for getting him to lose it over keeping his loved ones, but that could've been just as it happened especially with Padme. Maybe that part was from Sidious unintentionally, hating death and being greedy for power.

-----------
I was going to put this in the "Hayden kills these films" thread but that was a bit old and that seems to be one topic here. If it's OT I can bump the old one.

Hayden... I don't think he was incredible but I don't know if Anakin was supposed to NOT be stiff and awkward, or he would be in real life. First he's a slave, that's damaging enough, and he is gifted with special powers, but he doesn't know what he really is. Then he has his great success in Ep 1 and is to become a Jedi (eventually), but he has to leave his mom and shut down his feelings to train.

So he's eventually a teen with arrogance and all the power to back it up (somewhat, Dooku schools him but he still is strong), filled with emotions and then told to discard them. He is "without peer" as Anakin could be the source for. There isn't really someone for him to casually hang out with and he has no parents. Obi-Wan is a father/older bro figure but also in a more proper, formal master/teacher sense.

Padme is his true companion, friend (though he's friendly to others and has C3PO) and his true love. When she comes in he asks her if she's an angel. Intense! She's hot but he is starved for someone to bond with and she is friendly so they connect. The Jedi are cordial and care but you know they aren't exactly going to get that connected, they keep their distance.

And beyond that you know Sidious is messing with his head.

Luke is also confused and powerful but he has a loving aunt and uncle and a somewhat normal upbringing and not the rigid training. He's looser and better-adjusted.

So as much as we like glass-smooth, expert performances such as Alec Guinness, et al for Anakin he should be awkward and whiney, IMO. Did Hayden deliver, I think so.

Anakin was supposed to be a good kid, not "Oh, I hate this guy and he'll be Vader! I love to hate him and he's portraying it really well!" He's not supposed to be satisfyingly evil like Ian Mac. If they redid it with either a good or bad Anakin in Ep 1, then made him really sinister in 2 and 3 hiring the top young actor in Hollywood (Gordon-Levitt, Garcia Bernal but younger) with acclaimed performances I still don't think it would've been perfect.

General G
We cannot assume that at all!!! That would be EUEUEUEUEUEUEUEUEUEUE!!

Originally posted by queeq
How can Darth Vader be a problematic character?

Anakin.

singe_101
Originally posted by General G
We cannot assume that at all!!! That would be EUEUEUEUEUEUEUEUEUEUE!!

Ha, okay. It just happened at exactly the time Palpatine would be looking to make a new apprentice/commander. Sure. wink

So as Palp is figuring this stuff out and while Maul was 10/10 on cool and was also powerful, he wasn't the ultimate Sith warrior an couldn't beat his master, Palpatine thinks "Gee, it would be nice if I could find a new apprentice that would be hate-filled and could overtake me, but chooses not to? Well I'll work on this midichlorian stuff but just on me."

Well if he lives forever eventually there'll be a fatherless birth!

~JP~
Hehehe... JP has the hots for Hayden...

But maybe Hayden wasn't the problem with Anakin... maybe it was the director.

Um EWWW....but I do agree on your second point, the problem wasnt with the actor but with the director/writer of some of THE most hideous lines in the saga.

General G
How will there be a fatherless birth eventually? I was confused by your post...

singe_101
Okay, there MIGHT be one. If he lives 150, 300, 500 years he has a better chance to see it.

queeq
I still don't understand why Anakin turns into such an arrogant brat after ten years of loving education by OB1....

Rogue Jedi
Paul Walker????? yes, Paul Walker.

queeq
Barf.

Rogue Jedi
hey, he couldnt have been any worse than Gayden.

queeq
I dunno...

Rogue Jedi
Paul Walker was GREAT in Running Scared.

queeq
Good for him.

Rogue Jedi
and he would have been FAR better than Gayden.

queeq
With GL you never know.

Rogue Jedi
My personal opinion. Hayden SUCKED.

queeq
I didn't like him much in SW either. But I found the whole character of Anakin in Ep2 and 3 totally unsympathetic in every way. Hard to identify with.

Rogue Jedi
that, and the acting sucked. EVERYONE SUCKED.

JediRobin23
I went to see I am Legend yesterday, and they had a preview of a movie 'Jumper' starring Hayden Christensen. It might be a good movie, but I wonder if he's gonna turn out like Mark Hamill

Rogue Jedi
doubtful. Hayden is not a bad actor per se, just bad in SW.

queeq
But how was I am Legend?

Rogue Jedi
go see it and tell me, byatch. I dont go to movies.

queeq
That was for JediRobin.

Rogue Jedi
go tell it to Batman.

queeq
Which one?

Rogue Jedi
any of them, they are all sissies.

queeq
I thought you liked men in black rubber...

Rogue Jedi
I thought you liked men in black rubber... lets say the Bat corners me in a dark alley, unaware that I have two beretta 92f's on me. the Bat gets PWNED.

queeq
Kinky.

JediRobin23
But how was I am Legend?

It was pretty good. good director. this made it better than resident evil, or 28 days later

General G
I am seeing that this weekend I think.

queeq
Originally posted by JediRobin23
It was pretty good. good director. this made it better than resident evil, or 28 days later

Resident Evil is considered worth watching???????????

General G
hehe, I didn't mind them, I am excited to see Extinction.

queeq
Excited even? *shakes head*

General G
You just aren't aware of good movies...for some cases.

queeq
And Resident Evil is a good movie... sure.

General G
And what, queeq, is wrong with it?

queeq
It's average popcorn entertainment. Nothing geat about it.

General G
But it is always exciting to see a conclusion to any series that you have been watching...the same I think goes for Resident Evil

queeq
Conclusion to a series that's not great to begin with?

I always loved the first Highlander movie. But every sequel sucked more. I never bothered to see 4 and 5.

General G
Those don't count, once you start going into the 5th sequel and beyond...you start pulling a Freddy and Jason.

queeq
Hilnader 2 and 3 were also horrible. I could have lived very well without seeing those. In fact, they tainted my views on the original.

General G
Well, that's your fault for watching them...and they weren't that bad, they didn't really ruin the first.

queeq
Trust me, they did.... I mean, one word: Zeist.

General G
laughing out loud

queeq
See!

General G
I still wouldn't go that far.

queeq
You should though. Can't believe Connery came back to do Episode 2. And then that awful Ironside in 3... yuck.

General G
Well, it got a bad rating...you should have went from that.

queeq
I know... I just hoped to see a little spark of the first one..

General G
Originals are usually the best.

queeq
ESb was better than the original. Godfather II was better than the original... there are some, but not many. I agree.

IrOnTrAiT
Once anakin became darth vader his light saber skills decreased rapidly and his force. Proof of this in the book 'Rise of lord Vader' he is barely able to take on a jedi knight and the jedi acutally manages to wound vader in the duel.

queeq
Proof??!!! EU IS NOT PROOF!!!! Stop it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by IrOnTrAiT
Once anakin became darth vader his light saber skills decreased rapidly and his force. Proof of this in the book 'Rise of lord Vader' he is barely able to take on a jedi knight and the jedi acutally manages to wound vader in the duel. Vader was adjusting to his armor and life support in this book, it even tells how he is upset at the job the med droids did. In the final fight, he is at full strength.

Proof??!!! EU IS NOT PROOF!!!! Stop it. sorry dude, I HAD to comment on that.

queeq
NO MORE EU IN HERE! WE HAVE A FORUM FOR THAT! mad

General G
eek...touchy on that subject much?????

Rogue Jedi
eek...touchy on that subject much????? forum rules, man.

General G
I am well aware...and I do not use EU...so you had broken them.

Rogue Jedi
I am well aware...and I do not use EU...so you had broken them. we were talking about IrOnTrAiT.

General G
Yeah...I know.

NO MORE EU IN HERE! WE HAVE A FORUM FOR THAT! mad

And I was referring to the madness in this post.

queeq
MAdness??? All very controlled. I do it to make a point.

General G
Points can be made without freaking out. It makes you seem like you need anger management.

queeq
Points can be made without freaking out.

They can. But where's the fun it that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

IrOnTrAiT
Thats not EU well kinda but its all under the topic about anakin skywalker

IrOnTrAiT
Anakin skywalker if he hadnet turned to the dark side he would have been twice as powerfull as yoda by the time he was 30, or if he had turned to the darkside and not put in that suit twice as powerfull as Sidious but due to his lack on trainging from a small age he wasnt able to keep hold of his emotions that made him recless.

queeq
Originally posted by IrOnTrAiT
Thats not EU well kinda but its all under the topic about anakin skywalker

'Rise of Darth Vader' is EU... not kinda.

In this forum we only use canon sources to discuss SW characters. If you want to include EU sources, you can do that in a separate thread in the EU forum.

General G
Give him a link so he can find it.

queeq
Why? It's right there... two forums down. He's not daft, is he?

General G
Well, apparently he couldn't find it to put it in there before.

queeq
Apparently he didn't even look.

JediRobin23
Resident Evil is considered worth watching???????????

I guess not really. I only liked it cause I liked the video game for PS1 at the time.

queeq
There ya go. I understand that, I would watch it for the same reason. But as you say, Robin, it doesn't mean it's worth watching or a great film.
Heck, I watched, with great regret, Mortal kombat... *shudder*

General G
Once again! I have never said it was a "great film!"

queeq
And what, queeq, is wrong with it?

That said it all. That is where you failed.

General G
That does not mean I think it is a great film!

queeq
PHAIL!

General G
Yeah! You PHAIL!!!!

queeq
Nope. Anyway, off topic. CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.