Stallone should have ended the Rocky movies with Rocky 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Rocky 4 and Rocky 5 are a disgrace to the Rocky series.Stallone should be shot for those travestys.Lets not even go there on Rocky Balboa..Stallone had the perfect way set up to end the Rocky series with Rocky 3 having Rocky and appollo dancing around and having a friendly sparring session at the end.great way to end the whole thing.what a real ass not to have done so.Those movies all they ever won was Razzle awards.proof of how horrible they really are.

Like i said,I wish they had ended the Rocky movies with rocky 3 but since he DIDNT.I'm glad stallone didnt end it with that crapfest Rocky 4 because Rocky 5 was at least realistic and much more believeable.

Unlike Rocky 4,its actually watchable.Its kind of like Halloween 3 season of the witch.when you dont think of that movie as a Halloween movie,its actually not that bad of a movie.Just think of it as being called season of the witch and forget that its a Halloween movie and its not that bad.Same with Rocky 5.Just forget that its a Rocky movie and think of it as being called Tommy Gunn and its not that bad of a film.Its pretty well written actually.it was much more satisfying the way it ended than Rocky 4.

Rocky 4 was so horribly written that even if you think of it as not being a Rocky movie,its STILL a crapfest movie.

Reasons why it is easily the worst rocky movie of the last 3 god awful Rocky films.

1.It was a rip off of Rocky 3.In Rocky 3,Rocky fights Clubber Lang-Mr T the second time because he feels guilty for causing the death of Mickey his trainer when Clubber shoved him to the wall while going after Rocky in a scuffle causing Mickey to have heart attack.Mickey didnt want Rocky to fight him but Rocky pushed him into doing so and because of that,cause Mickeys death. In Rocky 4,same thing.Rocky goes and fights Appollo Creed because he feels responsible for causing his death when once again like in Rocky 3,he could have prevented his death by throwing in the towel and stopping the fight saving Appollo.

2.No way in hell could Rocky have survived 15 rounds with Drago.Here Rocky is a guy that had trouble going toe to toe with Appollo creed for 15 rounds who got killed in the second round against Drago.Rocky could never have lasted that long against this superhuman that he was fighting.

Fighting a superhuman? that doesnt work for a rocky film. Rockys wife hit the nail right on the head when she said-you cant win.If THATS not enough to convince you that Rocky would never have lasted 15 rounds in the ring with Drago,that he would have died as well just like appollo did,evander holifield was once a guest watching all the rocky movies one time during commercials and he himself said Rocky 4 is his least favorite Rocky movie because its the least realistic movie of them all.he said that no human being could have lived and survived the punishment that Rocky took in that film.That the referree would have stopped the fight long before the 15th round with the beatings Rocky was taking.Lungren was right when he said in that movie-he's not human,he's made of iron because no human being COULD take that kind of beating and live to tell about it.

Stallone must have gotten into drugs or something after Rocky 3 because his memory is autrocious.apparently he forgot that in rocky 3,the scene where appollo and his trainer were watching film clips of rockys first fight with clubber lang that Appollos trainer said in that movie-Damn that clubbers strong.we got to put him away early.I figure that with Clubbers strength and Rockys stamina,Rocky can last about 4 or 5 rounds with Clubber in the ring.6 at the most.WE GO TO PUT HIM AWAY EARLY. which Rocky did,he beat him in the 3rd round.

Well the thing that is so moronic about rocky 4 is that in that film,it shows Drago hit this device showing how hard he hits.They said that the AVERAGE fighter hits at approximately 75 psi's where Drago hit at a 195 psi's.He was MUCH stronger than Clubber Lang-Mr t,but Rocky as witnessed in Rocky 3 was incapable of going 15 rounds with Clubber let alone would never in hell be able to last that long against Drago who was MUCH stronger than clubber. roll eyes (sarcastic) Drago was right in that movie when he said-He's not human,he's made of Iron.thatwould be the ONLY wa he would have lasted 15 rounds is if he WASNT human. roll eyes (sarcastic)

3.That Russian crown would NEVER have switched sides like that and started cheering for Rocky like they did.that was INCREDIBLY unrealistic and not believeble.

4.Drago contines to punch Appollo in Rocky 4 while he is up against the ropes long after the bell has rung.That would have gotten him disqualified.

5.Lets skip that part of it and say he didnt do that.Well then there is moronic mistake number 5 by stallone.In Rocky 4,The referee trys to stop the fight and get Drago to stop punching him but Drago shoved him out of the way and kept punching on him.That ever happened in real life,Drago would have gone and served a life prison term for manslaughter.he especially would never have gotten away with that in the united states at the time.

6.Finally Rocky 4 is the worst one of them all because it was so damn predictable.Come one,everybody knew that he was going to win against drago.they knew he wasnt going to go up there and fight in Russia just to come back and lose.way too predicatable.

where when you look at the mistakes that Rocky 5 made,there is really only one mistake that sticks out that makes it a badly written movie.that after being gone in Russia for over 2 months,his son somehow magically grows and ages 5 years in that time frame. laughing But you can wipe that out from your memory by forgetting that its a rocky movie and that its called Tommy Gunn.Neither Rocky 4 or Rocky 5 deserve to be called Rocky movies,they didnt even have the Rocky theme song when Gonna fly now which made the rocky movies so inspirational and moving.But since that idiot Stallone just had to go and make rocky 4,im glad he didnt stop there and made rocky 5 because like i said,Rocky 5 had a much more satisfying ending and as a film on its own,its actually pretty good.Like it was touching when Adrian was telling him she took those beatings in the ring with him and agve him that speech that if he wanted to pass on something,to pass it on to his son.that gave me chills.NOTHING about Rocky 4 was touching.it was so stupid it was disgraceful.

I bring this up because I was bored on chirstmas with everything closed and on cable they were showing both those films-they didnt show the good ones-rocky 1 through 3. mad But do this sometime.rewatch Rocky 5 sometime and dont think of it as a rocky movie.When you do THAT,you'll find its actually not that bad of a movie and thats its not near as horrible as that crapfest Rocky 4 and you'll be glad that Stallone didnt end it all with Rocky 4 and glad he did Rocky 5 since he insisted on NOT ending it all after 3 like he SHOULD have. smile oh and also,it was kinda touching seeing Rocky in the old Gym again reminising about Mickey.again,there was NOTHING at all touching about Rocky 4.Didint find appollos death touching because again,it was just a copy cat rip pff of Rocky 3. mad

and C-DIC,please dont come on here,nobody is interested in listening to your insane stupid ramblings that rocky 4 is the best one. laughing or hearing false untrue tales that its the most popular just because YOU like it the best and live in this fantasy world that most others do as well.the evidence is clear that most people feel the same way about the two films.

MrCampion
Question: Did you cover Rocky Balboa (aka Rocky 6) in your intelligent and most inventive post?

Otherwise I pretty much agree with you, 3 was a much better way to end it than, say, 4 or 5 had it ended with either of them. 4 was made out of the 1980s hype that americans are better than other non-democratic cultures and 5 had some good moments but was a let down overall.

SelinaAndBruce
Mr. Parker you have such a strong opinion on everything, lol. I think Rocky should have ended at 3 as well but hey it was during the Cold War where everything had that Americans can beat anyone episode or movie , even Head of the Class

MrCampion
Dont forget Iron Eagle

ragesRemorse
balboa was better than Rocky 3

Its nice to have a rocky 3 because Rocky doesnt learn how to box until the third installment. I agree that rocky 4 and 5 should be memory wiped from the worlds mind (men in black stye) we should create a memory inhibitor just to forget about Rocky 4 and 5.

I think Balboa ends the series far better than the near miss off rocky 3. Rocky 1 he went the distance, rocky 2 he became the champ, rocky 3 he learned how to fight like a professional. Balboa wraps everything up with Rocky deaing with his greatest loss...,Adrian. Life, although, goes on and rocky is a fighter. He learns a fighters sprit never dies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by MrCampion
Question: Did you cover Rocky Balboa (aka Rocky 6) in your intelligent and most inventive post?

Otherwise I pretty much agree with you, 3 was a much better way to end it than, say, 4 or 5 had it ended with either of them. 4 was made out of the 1980s hype that americans are better than other non-democratic cultures and 5 had some good moments but was a let down overall.

No I didnt cover Rocky Balboa.It reminded me a lot of Rocky 5.Remininsing on the past and just showing how much time has passed by,about the same thing,so no sense in going into that film.thanks for the kind words btw.

something else I wanted to add on that I left out in my original post is since Stallone couldnt leave it alone after Rocky 3 and just HAD to go and make another one,Im glad he didnt stop at Rocky 4 and that he made Rocky 5.Yeah I know most people hate Rocky 5 worse than Rocky 4 but as i just proved,its really not near as horrible as Rocky 4 having a much better story behind it with a much better satisfying ending to it,but I also got to say Rocky 4 isnt near as bad as 5 because it wasnt predictable like 4 was.Who would have ever thought there would have been a street fight like there was between Rocky and Tommy Gunn? that was pretty cool and a great way to end the film.It was something DIFFERENT for a change,and that was nice to see. smile

Rocky Balboa to me seemed to be just another rehashing of Rocky 5 like Rocky 4 was a rehashing of Rocky 3.

Impediment
Ir should have ended, in my opinion, with Rocky 1.

Mr Parker
How come? didnt you like Rocky 2 or 3? No doubt that the original Rocky is easily the best one but Rocky 3 is a close second for me as being my favorite one.It was more exciting than 2 because he fought TWICE so it moved a lot faster than the second one.The second for me was kind of slow and boring at times,liked Rocky 3 much better.Especially with The Eye of the tiger song.

Another thing I really liked about Rocky 3 was it was the most realistic one of them all.It showed how once a boxer gets on top,he loses his hunger and that theres always some other fighter out there hungrier than you are and eventually they come along and take the title from you.

Reminded me of the real life boxing match between Buster Douglas and Mike Tyson.Mike Tyson got so successful and won so many fights over the years,that he lost his drive and hunger to be the best and Buster Douglas came along and was hungrier for the title than Tyson was and he beat Tyson and won.Then the SAME thing that happened to Tyson,happened to Buster Douglas.After he won that fight,he lost HIS hunger and got fat and out of shape in his defense of the title in his first title fight against evander holyfield and lost to Holyfield.

That was a case of life imitating art instead of the other way around on art imitating life. smile

Blax_Hydralisk
Rocky Balboa was the best, obviously. 'cause everyone knows it's cool and realistic to see old men beat up young black guys in there prime smile

Mr Parker
ah. big grin

mr.smiley
I'm excited about Rocky VS predator.

Rocky's body is cryogenicaly frozen and 300 years from now is unfrozen to battle a Predator in a boxing match!

That will make the best ending to the series.

soundtrackgeek
Rocky 4 was far superior to Rocky 3, but Rocky Balboa was amazing. I'm still undecided on whether Rocky 1 or Rocky Balboa is the best in the series.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I'm excited about Rocky VS predator.

Rocky's body is cryogenicaly frozen and 300 years from now is unfrozen to battle a Predator in a boxing match!

That will make the best ending to the series.

is this going to be before or after rocky VS robocop?

mr.smiley
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
is this going to be before or after rocky VS robocop?

laughing

I think it will happen after the robocop crossover.

Impediment
Hey, Parker, I edited the thread title for length. Hope you don't mind. wink

DarthLazious
I think all six of them were great.

One of the best movies series of all time besides The Lord of the Rings. Star Wars, Back to The Future and Kevin Smith's Clerks series.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by soundtrackgeek
Rocky 4 was far superior to Rocky 3, but Rocky Balboa was amazing. I'm still undecided on whether Rocky 1 or Rocky Balboa is the best in the series.

Better than 3? thats hysterical. laughing

BackFire
Rocky Balboa was the best one since the original.

soundtrackgeek
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Better than 3? thats hysterical. laughing

Not just better, far better laughing

Menetnashté
I liked Rocky 4, loathed Rocky 5. Rocky 4 wasn't great but it wasn't bad either imo. I mean I could care less that it was unrealistic. If I gave a rats ass about a real boxing match...well I suppose I'd watch boxing. But I don't because I could care less about it, Rocky however always manages to keep it exciting and if they have to break the borderline of realism to do so, that's fine by me.

Darth Hord
Rocky 4 wasn't that bad and is worth a watch. I'd say it would have been better if there was no Rocky 5. That movie was pretty bad imo. Rock Balboa wasn't terrible either. So I'm ok with it being made. Stallone better not even think about making a "Rocky Balboa 2"

MrCampion
Rocky 4 was not bad not at all if heavily influenced by the times it was made in. But I think it did go too far, ie Paulie's robot, and a super Russian who creams Apollo but has so much trouble with Rocky. It wasn't realistic for Rocky to withstand so many rounds even if he was in better shape than Apollo IMO

soundtrackgeek
And not to mention the great music as well, really get me pumped up for a slugfest. Yeah, I agree it wasn't realistic, but I wanted entertainment and it is really entertaining.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by MrCampion
Rocky 4 was not bad not at all if heavily influenced by the times it was made in. But I think it did go too far, ie Paulie's robot, and a super Russian who creams Apollo but has so much trouble with Rocky. It wasn't realistic for Rocky to withstand so many rounds even if he was in better shape than Apollo IMO

The robot idea was out there and Rocky should have been knocked out considering the amount of punches that him and the force that super steroid Russian Ivan Drago hit with it. I liked Rocky's speech after the fight.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BackFire
Rocky Balboa was the best one since the original.

wow I remembered that you liked it better than 4 and 5,defenetely cant blame you for that obviously big grin but I never knew you liked it THAT much.Better than 2 and 3. cant understand why.oh well.

Mr Parker
edit out.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Hord
The robot idea was out there and Rocky should have been knocked out considering the amount of punches that him and the force that super steroid Russian Ivan Drago hit with it. I liked Rocky's speech after the fight.

exactly. not just knocked out,but killed as well as i said in my opening post-something evander holified -who WOULD know something about that,said so as well,thats why its such a pathetic movie.stallone should be shot for that travesty.god if I had known he was going to do what he did with Rocky 4 back then when he was making Rocky 3, I would have cheered if Mr t had knocked him out and killed Rocky for making that crapfest movie and then Rocky 5. mad thats what I loved so much about the first 3 Rocky films and what made them such magical movies was the realisem in them.

Menetnashté
exactly. not just knocked out,but killed as well as i said in my opening post-something evander holified -who WOULD know something about that,said so as well,thats why its such a pathetic movie.stallone should be shot for that travesty.god if I had known he was going to do what he did with Rocky 4 back then when he was making Rocky 3, I would have cheered if Mr t had knocked him out and killed Rocky for making that crapfest movie and then Rocky 5. mad thats what I loved so much about the first 3 Rocky films and what made them such magical movies was the realisem in them.
You do realize the point of Rocky 4 was that America could beat the soviet union no matter what the odds were right? It wasn't about being realistic erm

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
Mr. Parker you have such a strong opinion on everything, lol. I think Rocky should have ended at 3 as well but hey it was during the Cold War where everything had that Americans can beat anyone episode or movie , even Head of the Class

another one of those rare occasions we agree with each other. big grin

Darth Hord
For me Rocky 4 was an ok movie and I do applaud him for the message he was trying to send in this movie. Rocky Balboa was decent but Rocky 5 is just WOW. I could not stand especially the street fight. mad

Mr Parker
his mesaage in the movie? all that was is that its okay to fight to solve your differences,wow what a great message to send to people.and at least the strett fight was something different for a change and not predictable like rocky 4 where everybody in the theater knew he would win. sick

Menetnashté
his mesaage in the movie? all that was is that its okay to fight to solve your differences,wow what a great message to send to people.and at least the strett fight was something different for a change and not predictable like rocky 4 where everybody in the theater knew he would win. sick
Once again the message. America can beat Russia... what was it gonna do show America lose to Russia? That'd be the dumbest shit ever and you'd have to be a complete idiot if you think he'd do that.

Gecko4lif
4th was the best

ending it at 4 would have been fantastic

5 and 6 ruined it for me

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
balboa was better than Rocky 3

Its nice to have a rocky 3 because Rocky doesnt learn how to box until the third installment. I agree that rocky 4 and 5 should be memory wiped from the worlds mind (men in black stye) we should create a memory inhibitor just to forget about Rocky 4 and 5.

I think Balboa ends the series far better than the near miss off rocky 3. Rocky 1 he went the distance, rocky 2 he became the champ, rocky 3 he learned how to fight like a professional. Balboa wraps everything up with Rocky deaing with his greatest loss...,Adrian. Life, although, goes on and rocky is a fighter. He learns a fighters sprit never dies.

well said,great post.yeah that would be awesome if they had a memory inhibitor out there so we could have those autrocious Rocky 4 and Rocky 5 movies wiped from our memory. yeah that would have been acceptable if they had skipped rocky 4 and 5 and just went to rocky balboa to end it all.I agree that Balboa was defenetely better than 4 and 5 easily.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
4th was the best

5 and 6 ruined it for me

4 was the best? your too funny laughing laughing read the post on why its such a horrible movie and the worst. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker

123KID
i think you need to loosen up
other people have opinions
they might like Rocky IV and say its the best and they have every right to do so
laughing at them is needless elitism

i liked Rocky V it was the first Rocky movie i ever saw and inspired me to see Rocky I-IV
Tommy Gunn was an actually interesting villain and for once we saw Rocky's opponent built up and developed before the climactic fight
i found that interesting

Blax_Hydralisk
some of us expect Rocky movies to have realisem in it.

Are you kidding me? The Rocky movies are some of the most unrealistic movies ever. There is no way some small white guy can get his ass kicked by a big black guy for like 5 rounds, then magically come back and win it all in the last round.

Totally unrealistic.

Menetnashté
some of us expect Rocky movies to have realisem in it.AGAIN thats why Rocky 4 sucks the worst because of that,read the beginning post,obviously you didint.at least it would have been relistic if he had lost. roll eyes (sarcastic) No only a complete idiot would love that movie. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Well I've heard you say the same thing every single time, it needed to be realistic. I don't understand how you go into a movie theater expecting an incredibly realistic film. Go watch a frickin' documentary, or an actual boxing match!
Bottom line you should not have gone in thinking it would be realistic. If you were around during the cold war era I'm sure this movie would've made a lot more sense as to why Rocky won. I mean you wanted him to lose to a Russian during the Cold war because it'd be more realistic? It's just stupid, I can't even continue arguing my point as to why it was a great film, if you haven't gotten it yet you never will.

Bad Boy
The problem with all the Rocky 4 (and some of Rocky 4.. actually forget that) is that there is realism allllllll the way through.... until the ****ing fights! Parts of Rocky are so grim it reflects 60's British cinema at times. But then as soon as the fights start it's game over! Even if Rocky's head fell off he'd still win.

Rocky is the best
Rocky 2 is... hang on ain't this Rocky 1?
Rocky 3... wtf Mr T can't act, these fights are stupid.
Rocky 4... this is awful.. I don't care... COME ON ROCK!!!
Rocky 5... only seen it once when I was 12 so don't really remember.
Rocky Balboa... throws me back to the original.. until the fight.

Rajendra
Stallone seems to look old doing a movie.

cEejay_01
I think also stallone ended the rocky series.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Impediment
Hey, Parker, I edited the thread title for length. Hope you don't mind. wink

ah damn,thats what made it stick out from the rest was that it was so long. sad

Cory Chaos
I go away for almost a year, and you're still blabbering about goddamn "Rocky 4"?

How many times do I have to tell you that it was all about a Cold War allegory? Do you know what the Cold War was? Do you know what Russia is? Do you know what allegory means?

Robtard
I saw a 2 minute clip of this; it ****ing bloody, I mean bloody. There's a scene where he's manning a .50 caliber; he literally tears apart Burmese soldier after Burmese soldier.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DarthLazious
I think all six of them were great.

One of the best movies series of all time besides The Lord of the Rings. Star Wars, Back to The Future and Kevin Smith's Clerks series.

your right,all of the first 3 were great. big grin thats why it should have ended after the third cause they all ssucked after that big time.as was said before Rocky Balboa was okay,but not magical like the first 3.

Mr Parker

Cap'n Happy
The original Rocky, and the last, Rocky Balboa, are the most realistic of the series, and the best in overall "film" quality. To the guy who slagged Balboa, maybe you should try watching the movie? The guy Rocky fights is depicted as a fairly lightweight champion- an average champion in an era of depleted heavy weight fighters. That, and a hand injury, are what keeps the fight competitive- so you don't know what you're talking about.
I rate them this way:
Rocky best in series.
Balboa second.
Rocky III is where the series got a little cartoonish, but it is very fun and yes, it would have made the natural end of the series. I rate it third.
Rocky IIII - yeah, it is derivative of the better Rocky III, but to rage about how bad it is is a little wacky. Yes, it is over the top, cartoonish, and silly at times. But it's also fun. It had great training and fight sequences (easily the most unrealistic of the series, but fun). In the era of Gorbachev and Glasnost, it was not that unrealistic to have Rocky win over the crowd- esp. with how Drago acted like such an ass. And to complain as the thread starter did tha Rocky could never beat Drago, that Drago was invincible... are you joking? That's how you set up ANY epic, heroic match; you introduce an unstoppable opponent for your hero to strive against- so he can win against all odds. Your argument
here is lame (and to quote Hollyfield as support for your argument... Jesus pal. Hollyfield is not a completely punch-drunk idiot, but he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer either). Anyway...
Rocky II is second to last in the series- not really a bad movie, not really good... just a necessary step in the series. Very so-so.
Rocky V- man was this one bad. Stalone lost his way completely here. I winced at his portrayal of Rocky in this one... it was almost as if he was doing a parody of him. It was neither realistic like the first film, nor was it cartoonie (hence, entertaining) like the others. Thankfully, he did the sixth movie and salvaged the pride of this enjoyable series.

Darth Martin
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080204/120212106600.html

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Darth Martin
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080204/120212106600.html

and the point of this link is...?

Mr Parker

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
4th was the best

5 and 6 ruined it for me

yeah the 4th was the worst. yeah ending it after 3 would have been fantastic.4 and 5 ruined the whole thing.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Bad Boy
The problem with all the Rocky 4 (and some of Rocky 4.. actually forget that) is that there is realism allllllll the way through.... until the ****ing fights! Parts of Rocky are so grim it reflects 60's British cinema at times. But then as soon as the fights start it's game over! Even if Rocky's head fell off he'd still win.

Rocky is the best
Rocky 2 is... hang on ain't this Rocky 1?
Rocky 3... wtf Mr T can't act, these fights are stupid.
Rocky 4... this is awful.. I don't care... COME ON ROCK!!!
Rocky 5... only seen it once when I was 12 so don't really remember.
Rocky Balboa... throws me back to the original.. until the fight.

Right on dude.Rocky 4 is just awful.5 is pretty bad as well but not quite as bad,it at least had SOME realisem to it.yeah 6 does resemble the original in some ways until like you said,till the fight starts.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by cEejay_01
I think also stallone ended the rocky series.

I assume you mean that you agree with me that he should have ended it after the third then right? wink I love it that hollywood recently made that one movie that came out like 3 or 4 months ago where it shows this guy playing rocky and another actor playing Drago and Drago hits rocky and rocky dissapears into a powder of smoke. laughing laughing that would have been a more realistic ending to the movie than the way it DID end thats for sure.

Alpha Centauri
Jesus christ.

Is that all you do, Parker? Get pissed off at movies you dislike?

Oh, and it's been...how long? Change your sig for crying out loud. Get over it.

-AC

Scythe
Parker raises a good point here. All Rockys past number 3 are dead to me.

Rajendra
part 4 is lame, boring and didn't like Stallone's acting.

Toku King
"Rocky 4" rocked hard stones. While not the 'best', it's certainly one of the most entertaining of the Rocky flicks, especially more than "Rocky 3" and "Rocky 2". Yeah, they were still good, but 4 was just a thrillride. Every stake humanly possible was upped, the boxing match was top notch, Apollo's death was gripping, and Drago was a class A badass.

"Rocky 5" sucked hard. Tommy Gun is the single most unlikable character ever, excluding Furbus and Jar Jar Binks.

"Rocky Babloa" was amazing, plain and simple. It made me believe in Stallone again. When I first heard about it, I was like "Are you serious? Stop it, Stallone!" Then I saw the trailer, and was so surprised that I was first in line to see it. Rocky is still the lovable lug we all fell in love with, the newer characters are strong, the dialogue is fantastic, and the last fight scene is gripping on a whole new level, even more than 4.

For me, the order of favorites goes like this:

1. Rocky
2. Rocky Balboa
3. Rocky 4
4. Rocky 2
5. Rocky 3
6. Rocky 5

Toku King
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Jesus christ.

Is that all you do, Parker? Get pissed off at movies you dislike?

Oh, and it's been...how long? Change your sig for crying out loud. Get over it.

-AC

No matter how many times you talk to him, he'll just call you brainwashed, then make a shitty joke involving an 'lol' smilie, and then make a reference to 'Man-Spider', and why America is worse because of it. And if you're lucky, he'll mention the 911 conspiracy.

Reading his stuff is like if you were reading a Michael Moore version of '1984'.

Toku King

larrybo
i was extremely impressed by the ending of Rocky Balboa, takes a lot not to ruin a 6 film series by still managing to come up with a decent, not entirely predictable finish

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Toku King
No matter how many times you talk to him, he'll just call you brainwashed, then make a shitty joke involving an 'lol' smilie, and then make a reference to 'Man-Spider', and why America is worse because of it. And if you're lucky, he'll mention the 911 conspiracy.

Reading his stuff is like if you were reading a Michael Moore version of '1984'.

thats because you and my old sparring buddy A.C HAVE been brainwashed by sony and the mainstream media on 9/11 and are in denial about it.typical of you 2 man-spider fans.

=Tired Hiker=
I think Parker is right in this case, should have stopped at 3. I did not see 6 because I'm just so tired of all these Rockies. Plus, I agree with him that the Spider-Man movies all suck.

bizEb
that last one sucked. it was a joke.

Toku King
thats because you and my old sparring buddy A.C HAVE been brainwashed by sony and the mainstream media on 9/11 and are in denial about it.typical of you 2 man-spider fans.

I rest my case.

Toku King
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
I think Parker is right in this case, should have stopped at 3. I did not see 6 because I'm just so tired of all these Rockies. Plus, I agree with him that the Spider-Man movies all suck.

Personally, I loved the Spider-Man trilogy to death. It just captured everything that makes Spidey Spidey, in my opinion.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Tired-Hiker

Happy Dance rock thumb up thumb up great post.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by bizEb
that last one sucked. it was a joke.

that describes Rocky four and five to a tee.thought the last one was much better than those two crapfest films.

steverules_2
I liked Rocky 4, it's a guilty pleasure

roughrider
The character arc of Rocky ended with 3. It could have stopped there and be considered a classic trilogy. But it was too much money for Stallone to say no to, so he artificially kept it going.
Though if he had never made 4 & 5, No. 6 would be more poignant with it's story, coming after a long absence.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by roughrider
The character arc of Rocky ended with 3. It could have stopped there and be considered a classic trilogy. But it was too much money for Stallone to say no to, so he artificially kept it going.
Though if he had never made 4 & 5, No. 6 would be more poignant with it's story, coming after a long absence.

If he ended at 3, it wouldn't feel so great. It just wasn't that great of a movie.
4 was purely awesome to me. And 6 really tied everything up better than any of the other films could.

steverules_2
I woulda liked it if Rocky had won in 6

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by steverules_2

Totally agreed. But technically, Dixon did get more accurate hits and knockdowns, but still. I prefer the alternate ending to that scene.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider

I know,the jerk stopped caring about good quality Rocky movies around when Rocky 3 was made.thats when the movies started to get rediculous,that whole Hulk Hogan thing was stupid as hell and not at all realistic.Rocky four as I pointed out took it to the extremes and went way overboard even worse with absurdity and insaneness even far worse than Rocky 3 did.

Should have ended it as a trilogy right there with Rocky and appollo dancing around with each other in the ring.great way to end it,as a trilogy but like you said,he got greedy and could not resist the money and ruined the whole thing with rocky four and rocky five.Thats what I said earlier,would have been nice if four and five were never made and he had just skipped over to rocky 6 after a long absence.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by steverules_2

that was the thing that was nice about six was it went back to some of the original ideas that the original rocky movie had with him losing.it would have just been the same old rehash of the previous films if that had happened.I was pleasantly surprised with six because of that.I figured since Rocky 4 and five were just plain dogdoo shit,then there was no reason to believe six would be any different.Glad I was wrong.it did not have the magic that the first three films did,but it at least wasnt utter crap like four and five,that was refreshing. smile

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Totally agreed. But technically, Dixon did get more accurate hits and knockdowns, but still. I prefer the alternate ending to that scene.

Yeah I prefer the alternate ending as well, Rocky winning felt like the perfect ending really but in a way the ending they went with in the end was also a good ending and showed Rocky could still take a hit and go head to head with a younger generation

Mr Parker
what I think is funny is the brainfart that stallone had when he made rocky four.He somehow forgot that when appollo and his former trainer were watching film footage of the first fight of clubber and rocky,that appollo said to his former trainer-Man that clubbers strong,we got to put him away early,I figure with Clubbers strength and Rockys endurance,that rocky can last 5 or 6 rounds with him,maybe seven.we got to put him away early. it was something very similiar to that anyways.so rocky who was incapable of lasting more than 5 or 6 rounds with Clubber Lang somehow is able to last 15 rounds with Drago? roll eyes (sarcastic) yeah right,get off the pipe stallone. laughing

whats even funnier is during filming,Lungren accidently punched stallone in the shoulder and dislocated it for 3 months as a result and THIS was coming from a NORMAL human being.yet Rocky is somehow able to last 15 rounds with this SUPERHUMAN who has super strength? thats like me being able to take on spiderman. laughing laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) Rocky 4 was so retarded it was pathetic. laughing

PLUS,rocky was only able to beat Clubber because appollo retrained him and taught him to fight like a boxer instead of an ape.get real,if appollo couldnt have handled him,a fighter that caused rocky fits in the ring and went the distance with him everytime and had to train him for rocky to be able to beat Lang,if HE couldnt handle Drago,then no way in hell would Rocky have been able to either.Thats what made the first rocky film and 2 and 3 so fun to watch was they were realistic and believeable.take away that hulk hogan thing which had nothing to do with the fight,get rid of that,and rocky 3 would have REALLY been an excellent film to end it all as a trilogy.

K J H
I think it should of ended at Rocky 4 which is my favorite one ive seen

R 5 once years ago and will never watch it again

Rocky 1 to 4 awesome films

Lord Shadow Z
In my opinion Rocky 3 should have been Rocky 4 (how can you not have Drago!?) and then possibly finished it, although maybe with Rocky 5 being the fourth movie. I liked the movie with Tommy Gunn, it was different with Rocky as a trainer, and struggling to cope being out of boxing. Different kind of confrontation at the end too.

ADarksideJedi
lol I had a feeling t hat you would make a thread out of this.Althrough I love Rocky Four but not five I can see your point!

§P0oONY
Anyone who dislikes any of the Rocky films (including 5) isn't worth their weight in salt. They're all fantastic for their own reasons:

Rocky - A truly great film, easily the best underdog tale in cinema history. Gripping drama and an adrenalin pumping finish.

Rocky II - Essentially The Godfather Part II of the Rocky franchise, arguably as good as the first. Rocky in the space of a couple of hours makes himself into an underdog again and then gets the ultimate reward leaving any viewer satisfied.

Rocky III - This is where my main issue with the thread starts, you claim that Rocky IV was unrealistic and that it should have ended with III, however what the hell was realistic about Rocky III? This is one of (if not) my least favourite of the series but I'd still watch it any time. It's all about the eye of the tiger and Clubber Lang.

Rocky IV - Easily one of the most entertaining Rocky films out there and for completely different reasons to the first. This film is all about the action; the montage king. 2 quality training montages and the other one that reminisces over previous endeavours. It all gets you pumped up for the big fight against the evil, steroid using, comic book villain. Mix all this with the series' best soundtrack and you've got yourself a delicious Rocky pudding. If you're a hater, you're watching it for the wrong reasons.

Rocky V - Time to get controversial. I see this film as an after dinner mint. You've just had a satisfying meal but there's always room for that wafur theen mint. It compliments the other Rocky films well. Rocky get's taken back to his roots and you get the pleasure of seeing him remember it. This film would probably be better if it wasn't about fighting at all, with Tommy Gunn taking a long walk off a short pier. But a few choice performances and touching moments more than make up for it's flaws. The credits alone make the film worth watching (and not because it's the end of the film)... Pictures from films past, with "The measure of a man" playing... brilliant.

Rocky Balboa - Simply a fantastic addition... Probably the most true to the original. Get's you rooting for Rocky. Questionable editing, with a couple of choice scenes missing the final cut. But a great film... It's almost too realistic though. Mason Dixon is just too real.

Mr. Rhythmic

Mr Parker
Originally posted by K J H
I think it should of ended at Rocky 4 which is my favorite one ive seen

R 5 once years ago and will never watch it again

Rocky 1 to 4 awesome films

That should read Rocky 1 to 3 awesome films.geez WHY cant people read through the reasons why those movies were horrible,not to toot my own horn but -to which I documented well in the first paragraph instead of just looking at the title of the thread? mad

It amazes me the Rocky 4 apologists reasons they grasp at in their desperate attempts to try and prove they werent horrible.I have heard everything on from the most absurd of how when I pointed out Appollo in rocky 3 said -Man that Clubbers strong.we got to put him away early.I figure with Clubbers strength and Rockys stamina he has,Rocky can last about 6 or 7 rounds,8 at the most.We got to put him away early.which rocky did cause he could not take Clubbers pounding for more than 8 rounds. Yet he survives the pounding of Drago for 15 rounds.a boxer 10 times stronger than Clubber Lang. one person even made up the absurd saying that his steroids wore off after the first 5 rounds or so.something they have no proof of. laughing

Or when i pointed out the crowd would never have come over to rockys side like they did someone said that it was realistic because of how Drago acted like a jerk in that fight. what? according to THAT logic of theirs,they should have hated him from the beginning and wanted rocky to win because he was a much bigger jerk with appolo saying-If he dies,he dies.not even caring if he died. after all,those russian people DID know about his fight with appollo and him saying that. laughing it just cracks me up the extremes people will go to to try and get around those reasons I pointed out on why it is so horrible. laughing

youngreg21
I don't know what all the fuss is about! The entire Rocky series was awesome!! Rocky IV was one of the better movies to me if you ask. The story line may not have been as well written as the previous movies, but the final fight was awesome. The punishment in all the films that the fighters took would have been enough to call the fight, so when we talk about what would have happened in real life and what would not have happened, the argument falls on deaf ears for each of the previous 3 films. RockyIV was rocky at his prime, the recognized American champion fighting a war that could have been fought between millions of ppl, so the significance out weights any reality argument posed toward the movie.

youngreg21
Also, your assumption that the crowd in Rocky IV would not have joined sides with Rocky is as absurd as the other arguments made by others as you cannot speak for other ppl that were there if this was a real situation. It is called inspiration. They didn't cheer for him just to cheer for him, they cheered because this guy represented the spirit of life that each of us has as he took that tremendous beating. It represented how the memory of someone that has passed away that taught us things to help us survive in life, can carry over into us being successful and overcoming obstacles in our present life. Clubber was strong!! But Rocky beat him in the 2nd round. Apollos statement was from his perspective on things. That in no way shape or form represented what Rocky was capable of. The training session that Rocky under went in Rocky IV was significant also. He basically prepared for the beating he was about to take. Doing everything out in the cold, running up mountains etc.. In the cold, its a bit harder to breathe, so undergoing that intense training was key. I only get 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep a night with school and work. Who would thing that I would even be remotely capable of functioning the following day while only getting that much sleep.

youngreg21
Rocky 5 was hey, forget the training, how old the dude is and all that. What makes Rocky go!! Adrian said it, "you beat them with heart, not muscle. And that's what Mickey knew, that's what made you and Mickey special." Dude, Rocky had a gift, and it was evident not only in his winning fights, but HIS CHARACTER!! (which is also the case in Rocky Balboa). You guys are absolutely missing the point of the movies I believe from the first installment onward. The fight scene in Rocky 5 was awesome, the music was awesome. in Rocky Balboa, didn't know if he was gonna die, if he was gonna win, or what. This was appealing to me, and he would have won again in those last moments or fought to the end if it wasn't for the bell. If you noticed he was the last one to land a punch!!

Shinkicker
I guess you are right that he should have finished at number 3. Having said that the 4th was wonderful entertainment. Yes! It did stretch the credibility but superb music and scenes like Rocky training in the wilds were amazing.

C-3POTheClever
The director realised he made a nistake with Rocky 5. There's actually an interview with him where he said he'd rate it a 0/10.
I think Rocky Balboa was a huge improvement. I've never seen it, but I've heard it bassically pretends Rocky 5 never happened.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.