The strange religion called Christianity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Okieshowedem
With no foundation of its own this religion was born from many pagan customs.
The teachings of this religion is not found in the Bible they all say they follow.
The Hebrew apostle calls this religion Mystery Babylon The Great The Mother Of Harlots and the Abominations Of The Earth.

Okieshowedem

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Okieshowedem

The Jews aren't Pagans.

The teachings of this religion is not found in the Bible they all say they follow.

Completely untrue.

The Hebrew apostle calls this religion Mystery Babylon The Great The Mother Of Harlots and the Abominations Of The Earth.

I call you an insane space god that seeks the love of small children.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The Jews aren't Pagans.

Why not?

Completely untrue.

True

I call you an insane space god that seeks the love of small children.

I thought I was the insane space god.crybaby

laughing

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Why not?

They worship the exact same god that Christians do. So from the Christian perspective there is no reason to view them as pagans.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
True

Not really. At most some of the claims are twisted versions of what's already there.

The CatholicChurch has a bunch of things that aren't there but that's one form of Christianity out of hundreds of thousands.

Shakyamunison
They worship the exact same god that Christians do. So from the Christian perspective there is no reason to view them as pagans.

I'm not a Christian, so they are all pagan to me. wink

Not really. At most some of the claims are twisted versions of what's already there.

The CatholicChurch has a bunch of things that aren't there but that's one form of Christianity out of hundreds of thousands.

True.

cockablock
muslims are all terrorists

Quark_666
Are you trying to be funny?

lil bitchiness

Okieshowedem

Fail.

Christianity is Judaism plus Jesus. The customs are not pagan, they're Jewish.

cockablock
Originally posted by Quark_666
Are you trying to be funny?
lol

Okieshowedem
Jews are followers of the TalMUD not the Torah!
And yes Jews are as pagan as they get!
So are all the brans of the Christian religion.

Okieshowedem

Nellinator
You probably think this hasn't been done before. Very sad.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Eh easy!

The Bible is an amalgamation of various texts used in Catholic Tradition...thus not everything that the Catholic Church teaches is in bible...but it doesn't have to be as the Bible is an extension of tradition...NOT a seal on it.

Also, the Petrine Doctrine established by Christ rules the idea that Catholicism has non-Christian features totally obsolete.

The Pope could declare that the Holy Spirit is made of Hot Chocolate and that doors are the homes of Roman Martyrs...and it would be totally Christian...although the Bible never expressly mentioned it.

Melcórë
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Fail.

Christianity is Judaism plus Jesus. The customs are not pagan, they're Jewish.

There are many elements of Christianity that have been amalgamated from "pagan" beliefs - as in Judaism before it, wherein Babylonian and Persian mythological beliefs penetrated Rabbinic literature.

Par exemple, "Christmas" is an adaptation of various "pagan" rituals, including the Roman Saturnalia - although, in defence of this adoption, one may assert that the "pagan" festival expresses many "Christian" beliefs, such as equality, fraternity, etc., etc.

Indeed, on intellectual grounds, the entire existence of "Christ" (and, indeed, the stories of his birth/ministry) could be called into historical and spiritual question....but I do believe that falls without the bounds of my presumptiveness, as well as the purpose of this thread....

BTW: I have presumed that such "customs" were the intent of the "pagan" dig at Christianity posted above....

DigiMark007
This guy shouldn't be allowed to make threads until he shows the ability to contribute something positive to discussion. A shame we can't actually enforce that.

erm

Man of Christ
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Eh easy!

The Bible is an amalgamation of various texts used in Catholic Tradition...thus not everything that the Catholic Church teaches is in bible...but it doesn't have to be as the Bible is an extension of tradition...NOT a seal on it.

Also, the Petrine Doctrine established by Christ rules the idea that Catholicism has non-Christian features totally obsolete.

The Pope could declare that the Holy Spirit is made of Hot Chocolate and that doors are the homes of Roman Martyrs...and it would be totally Christian...although the Bible never expressly mentioned it.

YOu are beneath my contempt and need the Holy Spirit. Cause if and when you receive Him you will realize the Christ as Lord.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Man of Christ
YOu are beneath my contempt and need the Holy Spirit. Cause if and when you receive Him you will realize the Christ as Lord.

A follower of Christ can hold contempt for no man, for each man is of God and God is of each man. Your words are heresy, and you fail because of that.

Man of Christ
A follower of Christ can hold contempt for no man, for each man is of God and God is of each man. Your words are heresy, and you fail because of that.

pardon my misuse of the phrase but i was using it as an expresion to alude to the fact that what was said wasnt even worth paying attention to.

psalm 14:1

Symmetric Chaos

laughing out loud Owned.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Man of Christ
pardon my misuse of the phrase but i was using it as an expresion to alude to the fact that what was said wasnt even worth paying attention to.

psalm 14:1

How does that psalm help your argument...what is your argument? erm

Quark_666
Jews are followers of the TalMUD not the Torah!
And yes Jews are as pagan as they get!
So are all the brans of the Christian religion.

Okieshowedem

I smell a Junior High brain. big grin

Grand_Moff_Gav
Clearly he's American Own Brand Christian...

Melcórë
LOL.

lil bitchiness

chickenlover98
laughing out loud Owned.

fo sho stick out tongue

Melcórë
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Pagan rituals were later reinstated when Rome accepted Christianity as its official religion, to accommodate the pagans of the time.

In its making, Christianity had nothing to do with Roman paganism.
Customs are exclusively Jewish.

In terms of customs and worship, Christianity has long had little in common with Judaism - aside from the same "God," who has been rather marginalized with regards the relation to its "Son." The old Laws were discarded relatively quickly by the Church Fathers, who sought to distance themselves from common Jews. The Eucharist (et al.) do not derive from Judaism, but from Christ-worship inspired by the Gospels.

BTW: Again, the striking similarity between this "Christ" and other religious figures of the same time is....well, rather enlightening. The question then becomes: "Which came first?" And if you believe the answer to be so easy, then you must ask yourself as well: "Why is there so little (historical) evidence in support of said decision?"

lancethebrave
well there is always the possibility that he was more than one person, much like Homer the acclaimed author of The Iliad and The Odyssey i do believe, is thought to be written by more than one person, and that Homer himself was more of a group of people than one man, its one of those things that simply cannot be proven, at least with the amount of information available.

lil bitchiness

cococryspies
Christian customs come from pagan customs but Judaism isn't pagan at all. In fact Judaism was the first monotheistic religion.

Christian customs were changed to appeal to the romans and the pagan tribes in eastern europe. Jesus wasn't born anywhere near dec. 25, that date was just chosen because it was close to the winter solstice which pagans celebrated. The christmas tree came from german pagans. Easter's date was chosen because it coencided with the pagan's celebration of spring.

So yeah Christian customs are pagan but Judaism is in no way pagan.

leonheartmm
not really true. judaism was the first abrahamic relegion. vedic hinduism initially was the first monotheistic relegion{or the oldest one i know of that can be interpreted as monotheistic} , the concept of brahma and all which to some, means one god.

cococryspies
Originally posted by leonheartmm
not really true. judaism was the first abrahamic relegion. vedic hinduism initially was the first monotheistic relegion{or the oldest one i know of that can be interpreted as monotheistic} , the concept of brahma and all which to some, means one god.

well brahma is one thing but it is represented in many different gods

leonheartmm
^ not really. brahma has no "pratima", no images and no likeness in this world. that is what it says in the vedas. it is contradictory to the practice of associating incarnations of brahma into idols and pantheons. those are more of a superstitious thing which entered later on.

ragesRemorse
W

stupid jews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.