Would you own and operate A comic book store?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
As a normal everyday business.

WrathfulDwarf
Comic Book Stores are doomed to go bankrupt. The only comic book shops that survive are the ones that have been on business for years. Even in larger cities...comic book stores are disappearing.

Better to just open up a hobby shop.

JediSamuraiMRB
Personally I would not, but a friend of mine has owned and operated a comic book shop for years.

grey fox
I'd like to, but I dont have the money or ambition. However I would work IN one easily enough.

Entity
Originally posted by grey fox
I'd like to, but I dont have the money or ambition. However I would work IN one easily enough. Thats what I'm saying.

I don't really wanna own one. (Not that its guaranteed to fail, thou it probably would, I just don't wanna deal with all that business bs!)
But I'd love to just work in one! Hell thats kinda almost my dream job!
Well its the most realistic one anyway. lol

Ahh if only the closets ones weren't 30 minutes in either direction and it would pay the bills! embarrasment

Mindship
However I would work IN one easily enough. Ditto. I still might.

strengthkills
I couldnt,a good majority of my comics would be used before they evr came on the shelves.

starlock
Sure, but i would make sure to have space for tables, card displays and such... a big draw these days are yu-gi-oh card system, magic the gathering .....they draw alot

GGS
Yeah you defintely have to sell more than comics alone to survive today my local is like a hobby store, video game, clothing, cards, music,comic etc. store all in one it's crazy busy sometimes but it's cool to see like all the people with different interests and like wide and contrasting ranges of society all in one place getting along.

Kazenji
My local comic shop does'nt even sell cards. Sells Comics, Manga, TPB's and Anime dvds.

KK the Great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.