Well, well, well! Not so Flashy anymore...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
What looked like the perfect couple end up getting separated:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12652

Bring back Barry Allen and put Waid together...that works! thumb up

Val
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Bring back Bart Allen and put Waid together...that works! thumb up
Co-sign

WrathfulDwarf
Bart is coming back in The Blackest Night

and...

I'm only speculating...hehehe

Don't say I didn't warned you. 313

Val
Well before that I'd wager.

Juntai
I want Connor and Bart back soon.
Despite having probably a better writer/creative team when they switched back to Wally, I quit when Bart died, angry at the title like it was the title's fault or something.
And now I'm angry with Waid. mad

Grimm22
As much as I would love to have Barry back, it would only make his death meaningless.

It's the same thing with Gwen Stacy.

roughrider
Christ on a crutch...Barry's been gone for 22 years now. He was just another bland whitebread character; Wally's been much more entertaining all these decades.
Who here was even reading comics every month when Barry was alive?

No to Barry; Yes to Mark Waid returning.

WrathfulDwarf
Read JLA: Year One.

Waid writes a very cool Barry Allen.

As for your question:

"Who here was even reading comics every month when Barry was alive?"

A lot of new fans were introduce to Barry in the recent Countdown Special: Flash.

Val
Honestly, I don't think Waid has it in him to write Flash (any of them) anymore.

His original run with Wally was awesome as was his Impulse run but he's clearly lacking for ideas at this point. Wally and the family has been lackluster to say the least.

What makes it even worse is that Guggenheim was writing a great Flash before they took it from him.

WrathfulDwarf
I think Bart was the only one who put fear on SBP:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/df/Bartflash.jpg

Now we lost him. sad

*shakes fist at Didio*

jumpmann
Man...Flash has been mediocre ever since Johns left it. One brief stint with I forget who with the Bart death arc which was actually really good but everything else bleeeeeeh.

Grimm22
Read JLA: Year One.

Waid writes a very cool Barry Allen.

As for your question:

"Who here was even reading comics every month when Barry was alive?"

A lot of new fans were introduce to Barry in the recent Countdown Special: Flash.

Exactly yes

Barry Allen always gets a bad rap because he was never really written by great writers.

However, flashback comics like JLA: Year One and The Brave and the Bold (not the current run) show he actually is a great character.

Also, Mark Waid does tend to write a better Barry Allen than a Wally West (at least in my opinion)

Val
You guys wanting to undo the best remaining death in comics are insane. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by Val
You guys wanting to undo the best remaining death in comics are insane. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I hate revivals, period ermm

Juntai
Originally posted by Val
You guys wanting to undo the best remaining death in comics are insane. That's all I'm going to say about that. It was already sort of undone when Barry helped Bart during the Crisis, wasn't it?

Anyways, Bart>Wally>Barry, arguably not in status or power or skill, but certainly on who's the better character.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by Juntai
It was already sort of undone when Barry helped Bart during the Crisis, wasn't it?

Anyways, Bart>Wally>Barry, arguably not in status or power or skill, but certainly on who's the better character.

Barry was undoubtedly the superior character of the three no expression

Val
It was already sort of undone when Barry helped Bart during the Crisis, wasn't it?
Bart mentioned that Barry had died for good in the 30th century during his Flash series.

Val
Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
I hate revivals, period ermm
Meh.

Sometimes a character dies in such a dumb way I don't mind a revival. Read Thunderbolts #100 and see Genis-Vell's death for an example of this. Barry's death in Crisis was classic. You can't ask for a hero to be sent off any better than he was. Let it stick.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by Val
Meh.

Sometimes a character dies in such a dumb way I don't mind a revival. Barry's death in Crisis was classic. You can't ask for a hero to be sent off any better than he was. Let it stick.

yeah, classic deaths. Marvel never got that memo, eh Mar?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Val

Never said I wanted Barry to come back. Just that people don't appreciate his character.

Anyway, if he ever does come back, DC can just explain it by saying it was before his death or somthing with time travel (ala Captain Marvel)

Val
Originally posted by Grimm22
Never said I wanted Barry to come back. Just that people don't appreciate his character.

Anyway, if he ever does come back, DC can just explain it by saying it was before his death or somthing with time travel (ala Captain Marvel)
That's still essentially undoing his death. Not to mention lame.

roughrider

I just considered Bart to be Barry in sheep's clothing, so to speak. A stand-in to keep the Allen name connected with the Flash.

pr1983
What looked like the perfect couple end up getting separated:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=12652

Bring back Barry Allen and put Waid together...that works! thumb up

christ man... i thought you were going to say wally and linda split up... waid's run has been meh, the novelty of wally being back is pretty much worn out at this point...

i've always preferred wally... ermm

Nod

In YOUR opinion.

Juntai
Originally posted by Nod
In YOUR opinion. Barry gets his props mostly because of legend, otherwise he never possessed the depth of character of Wally nor Bart. Wally is a very good character, there's nothing wrong with him, I just believe Bart is a better; fresher take on the Flash character, and his character and history have proven to be probably the most interesting of the group and allow the most interesting stories. Wally's story has mostly been told. Even to the point where most of his stories feel rehashed.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by pr1983
christ man... i thought you were going to say wally and linda split up..... ermm

You mean a Flash OMD?

stick out tongue

I can't see no reason why Barry can return for the final crisis. He was the previous two..why not the third?

Go Barry!

Val
Barry gets his props mostly because of legend, otherwise he never possessed the depth of character of Wally nor Bart. Wally is a very good character, there's nothing wrong with him, I just believe Bart is a better; fresher take on the Flash character, and his character and history have proven to be probably the most interesting of the group and allow the most interesting stories. Wally's story has mostly been told. Even to the point where most of his stories feel rehashed.
I agree mostly. I think Wally is one of the best characters in all of comics, past or present, but I certainly think he's run his course as The Flash (pun intended, lulz).

Geoff Johns ran out of ideas for him and obviously Mark Waid has as well and to me, that says a lot. Bringing back Barry accomplishes nothing. The Flash has always been about moving forward and Barry Allen is nothing more than 2 steps back. This should be Bart's time.

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf's Evil Twin
Capt Spaulding is my favorite User

This is indeed a disturbing forum

Juntai
Originally posted by Val
I agree mostly. I think Wally is one of the best characters in all of comics, past or present, but I certainly think he's run his course as The Flash (pun intended, lulz).

Geoff Johns ran out of ideas for him and obviously Mark Waid has as well and to me, that says a lot. Bringing back Barry accomplishes nothing. The Flash has always been about moving forward and Barry Allen is nothing more than 2 steps back. This should be Bart's time. thumb up

starlock
Well i hope they do somthing, i am ready to give up on flash. The comic is bad and i find myself looking to save some money and flash is on top of my list

I actually liked the direction they were going with bart, i would love to see barry come back, but i would hope its a good story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.