Ares vs Colossus(H2H)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
No weapons just fist to fist.

Metalmanx
Hm. Tough one.

jrodslam
Colossus. Ares hasnt shown the strength to be able to beat Colossus.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hm. Tough one.

Not so much, Colossus wins majority here. He has him beat in almost every category except perhaps speed (Ares has minimal advantage if any) and fighting skill.

This is one debate you could probably use a WWH comparison to determine who is more durable. If i remember correctly, Ares was smacked aside quite easily by the Hulk while Colossus may have put up a somewhat better stand. Also in both cases Hulk was fighting more than just Colossus or Ares. So the comparison is a little more justified.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimbus006
Not so much, Colossus wins majority here. He has him beat in almost every category except perhaps speed (Ares has minimal advantage if any) and fighting skill.

This is one debate you could probably use a WWH comparison to determine who is more durable. If i remember correctly, Ares was smacked aside quite easily by the Hulk while Colossus may have put up a somewhat better stand. Also in both cases Hulk was fighting more than just Colossus or Ares. So the comparison is a little more justified.

The reason I think this one is tough because it's essentially another Herc vs. Colossus match. While Ares may not be as strong as Herc, he's still got that whole god-like thing going for him.

However, after giving it some thought I, too, think that Colossus wins the majority.

nimbus006
The reason I think this one is tough because it's essentially another Herc vs. Colossus match. While Ares may not be as strong as Herc, he's still got that whole god-like thing going for him.

However, after giving it some thought I, too, think that Colossus wins the majority.

Ares is NO WHERE near Hercules in strength, nor is he as durable as Hercules. Colossus would have a much easier time with Ares then he would with Hercules. The only comparison you can make between Herc. and Ares is they are both gods. That however does not mean a thing seeing as Thor is also a god, and would have his way with Ares.

Metalmanx
Ares is NO WHERE near Hercules in strength, nor is he as durable as Hercules. Colossus would have a much easier time with Ares then he would with Hercules. The only comparison you can make between Herc. and Ares is they are both gods. That however does not mean a thing seeing as Thor is also a god, and would have his way with Ares.

Yea, I realize that. I just left out a lot of the differences between Herc and Ares. I just figured the god thing would still help. I mean, Ares is still superhumanly strong and durable, just nowhere near Herc.

But we're agreeing on the outcome, so it's all good.

nimbus006
Yea, I realize that. I just left out a lot of the differences between Herc and Ares. I just figured the god thing would still help. I mean, Ares is still superhumanly strong and durable, just nowhere near Herc.

But we're agreeing on the outcome, so it's all good.

Agreed smile

Priest
Originally posted by jrodslam
Colossus. Ares hasnt shown the strength to be able to beat Colossus.
*cough* next Incredible Hulk
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Hulk_112_DCP_0025.jpg

Scoobless
Agreed smile

I disagree .....

shifty

jrodslam
Originally posted by Priest
*cough* next Incredible Hulk
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Hulk_112_DCP_0025.jpg

We ALL know how covers can be misleading. *cough*WWH X-Men #3 *cough*. erm

nimbus006
Very cool cover.

Kutulu
If Ares had his weapons then it might be a closer match, but without weapons I'd say Colossus has the advantage here and would take a fair majority.

Priest
Originally posted by jrodslam
We ALL know how covers can be misleading. *cough*WWH X-Men #3 *cough*. erm
True, BUT I've been hearing rumors that Ares will be on the same level of Thor is terms of strength erm (well at least in the near future..)

Iron Man acknowledges that Ares is a combination of Thor and Wolverine. shifty
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/MA_6_DCP_0020.jpg

nimbus006
True, BUT I've been hearing rumors that Ares will be on the same level of Thor is terms of strength erm (well at least in the near future..)

Iron Man acknowledges that Ares is a combination of Thor and Wolverine.

And Spiderman Acknowledges that Sentry can stalemate Galactus...

I say lets see it first big grin

Priest

Makes sense since Hulk can beat Galactus shifty

nimbus006

laughing wait no... sick

Alfheim

I think Tony Stark is a more reliable source.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Alfheim
I think Tony Stark is a more reliable source.

Actually, i trust Peter over Tony any day.

Metalmanx
Actually, i trust Peter over Tony any day.

yes

Scoobless

Hmmmm....
Hulk > Galactus
Cement Mixer >>> Hulk
Therefore Cement Mixer >>>> Galactus

No wonder Juggernaut took a week to dig himself out.

smile

Kutulu

Iron Man acknowledges that Ares is a combination of Thor and Wolverine. shifty

Dang Ms. Marvel has a wonderfully drawn... umm... "chest" in that page.

naughty343

nimbus006
yes

Funny how in the same panel he posted Mrs. Marvel makes a comment questioning Tony's "reliability". smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.