DBZ charecter physical stats & limits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ankur29
i was wondering how to gaugu the physical attributes of dbz charecters from the manga its so damn inconsistent! please provide refernce to the source you are stating your information from

ok so ppl discuss

1) how strong are dbz charecters physically , villains heroes,humans alike include hercule ?

i have seen some stupid stuff ... krillin chuck a boulder with ease ,lift a small plane or small capsule vehicle... goku struggle to lift 10 tons in weighted trainging bands and gohan lift a jet liner as saiyaman?

how fast can tehy fly ,move,run? speed of sound /mach 5 /mach 10 ? speed of light?!!

i have seen raditz catch bullets! (a bullets fired froma shot gun like in this case exceeds the speed of sound and moves at roughly mach 2 1538mph)

how durable are they? are they bulletproof, stab proof ?

can they stand a nuke? hydrogen bomd?atom bomb?

you may use this to set parameters

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4306/thpowersabilitiesds9.jpg

chickenlover98
goku

intelligence - genius(when fighting related)

strength - incalculable

speed - orbital velocity

flight speed - sub lightspeed

water speed- maximum

stamina - superhuman-metahuman in between those 2 id say

durability - metahuman

agility- metahuman

reflexs- superhuman

ankur29
Originally posted by chickenlover98
goku

intelligence - genius(when fighting related)

strength - incalculable

speed - orbital velocity

flight speed - sub lightspeed

water speed- maximum

stamina - superhuman-metahuman in between those 2 id say

durability - metahuman

agility- metahuman

reflexs- superhuman

i dont want to question what you have chosen but do you have any feats/references to back up those chosen stats? and what about the human charecters like kuririn

and what of their strength in base forms not super saiyan?

Violent2Dope
IMO, for Goku.

Intel: Gifted on fighting, not quite genius, I think Vegeta more fits that.

Strength: In base, class 25 or 50, if we go into SSJ3 however, prolly incalculable based on the way you're using the term.

Speed: Supersonic IMO, they are shown to be faster than bullets, which>speed of sound.

Flight speed: Orbital or Escape Velocity.

Water Speed: Don't know...but they can fly underwater...

Stamina: Superhuman at best, they do get tired in high speed fights which don't equal a day.

Durability: Superhuman, he doesn't reach metahuman because he is susceptible to diseases, but he can tank nuke level blasts.

Agility: Super-metahuman.

Reflexes: If we count IT, it is metahuman, if not, superhuman.

chickenlover98
Originally posted by ankur29
i dont want to question what you have chosen but do you have any feats/references to back up those chosen stats? and what about the human charecters like kuririn

and what of their strength in base forms not super saiyan?

well unfortunately some of those stats are based on ssj3. and this also brings us back to the which is stronger goku ssj3 or ssj3 gotenks.(hint: goku) gotenks flew around the world like 8 in a minute, then slept for 29 minutes. so speed = around lightspeed. goku is still a lil faster, but not quite as fast as light

superkronick92
Mystic Gohan is probably the most powerful non-fused character in the show

Erik-Lensherr
Intelligence : Genius. He is very intelligent especially when it comes to fighting. People don't consider him that smart, but there's a difference between intelligence and knowledge. And since he pretty much grew up in a jungle, the lack of the former is understandable.

Strength : Incalculable (far in excess of 100 tons). Even in DB, both Piccolo and Master Roshi have proven capable of destroying the moon while later in the story attacks have been stated to be able to destroy planets. Yet there are characters who effortsley resist this type of damage so in order for them to be affected by physicall attacks, those have to keep up with the energy attacks. Or perhaps somebody wants to suggest that there characters who take blasts that have such destructive capability without much effort yet they are affected by physical attacks from characters who struggle with 10 tons and such ? smile

Speed : Orbital Velocity (Assuming that the only options are those on the list)

Flight Speed : Light Speed or beyond. Based on Gotenks's showing and powerlevel increase consideration.

Stamina : It depends on the SSJ stage.

Durability : Based on the classification there, which implies regeneration and such, it isn't that high in the ranking. But based on how much he can take, it's very impressive. By the end of DBZ he can take multiple Solar System destroying blasts.

Agility : Metahuman

Reflexes : Super/Metahuman

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by superkronick92
Mystic Gohan is probably the most powerful non-fused character in the show

True and I'm a Goku fanboy.

superkronick92
Mystic Gohan

Intelligence-Genius

Strength- Class 100

Speed- Orbital Velocity

Flight Speed- Orbital Velocity

Water Speed- Superhuman

Stamina- Enhanced Human

Durability- Superhuman

Agility- Superhuman

Reflexes- Enhanced Human

IMO

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Durability : Based on the classification there, which implies regeneration and such, it isn't that high in the ranking. But based on how much he can take, it's very impressive. By the end of DBZ he can take multiple Solar System destroying blasts.

One thing that pissed me off was the fact that the top Z fighters still seemed unable to handle lava.erm I don't know about the latter part of DBZ, but it was obvious SSJ Goku couldn't handle the lava touching his bare skin on Namek.

superkronick92
Well, I'm not sure any DBZ character, actually ever took a Planet Busting Attack and lived, but hey, it does have a lot of inconsistencies.

Grinning Goku
Well, I'm not sure any DBZ character, actually ever took a Planet Busting Attack and lived, but hey, it does have a lot of inconsistencies.

Goku deflected a PBA when he was fighting Vegeta at the beginning of DBZ. By the time he landed on Namek, he would have been able to knock Vegeta's beam back with one hand. And you're 100 percent right about this delightful show's inconsistencies.

superkronick92
I'm sorry but what's a PBA? embarrasment

Grinning Goku
I'm sorry but what's a PBA? embarrasment

Planet Busting Attack. stick out tongue In other words capable of destroying your Earth sized planetary body.

superkronick92
Man, I feel retarded, but anyway, I don't think it was a PBA because Goku can still get hurt by generic Ki blasts later in the series that cause no notable damage to the surroundings.

Grinning Goku
Man, I feel retarded, but anyway, I don't think it was a PBA because Goku can still get hurt by generic Ki blasts later in the series that cause no notable damage to the surroundings.

Mmm... But Vegeta said it was capable of destroying the planet. Yeah, he could have been lying, but I doubt it. It was a PBA because Master Roshi destroyed the moon (1/6 of Earth's size) during the 21st Tenakaichi Boudakai and his power level was in the very low hundreds. Vegeta was more than 100 times stronger than Roshi when he arrived on Earth, so I think it was a PBA.

superkronick92
True, DBZ villains exaggerate all the time. The rest is a combination of inconsistencies and PIS for the sake of plot

Grinning Goku
True, DBZ villains exaggerate all the time. The rest is a combination of inconsistencies and PIS for the sake of plot

It gets annoying, bro. Seriously. SSJ3 Goku throwing ki blasts that create small craters on a planet, is ridiculous. I don't care how 'concentrated' they are or how much control any of the Z fighters exercise over their energy blasts.

superkronick92
EXaaaactly, so this leads me to believe they can output more energy then they themselves can be hit with. Basically, they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Grinning Goku
EXaaaactly, so this leads me to believe they can output more energy then they themselves can be hit with. Basically, they can dish it out but they can't take it.

That's what I think. Like how injured SSJ2 Gohan's Father/Son Kamehameha would have killed him if he took it head on.

chickenlover98
Mystic Gohan

Intelligence-Genius

Strength- Class 100

Speed- Orbital Velocity

Flight Speed- Orbital Velocity

Water Speed- Superhuman

Stamina- Enhanced Human

Durability- Superhuman

Agility- Superhuman

Reflexes- Enhanced Human

IMO

mystic gohan is not stronger than goku. you keep saying it, yet have really no evidence to prove it. how ever their strenght FAR exceeds class 100. goku EASILY EASILY lifed 40 tons. wait scratch that wore 40 tons and kept moving extremely fast. and that was ssj 1. we never found out his true limit. now your saying that mystic gohan is stronger than ssj 3 and your saying he's class 100? PSSSSSSSSHHHH. talk about inconsistencies

superkronick92
Mystic Gohan>>SS3 Goku

Grinning Goku
mystic gohan is not stronger than goku. you keep saying it, yet have really no evidence to prove it. how ever their strenght FAR exceeds class 100. goku EASILY EASILY lifed 40 tons. wait scratch that wore 40 tons and kept moving extremely fast. and that was ssj 1. we never found out his true limit. now your saying that mystic gohan is stronger than ssj 3 and your saying he's class 100? PSSSSSSSSHHHH. talk about inconsistencies

I hate to admit, but it's true. And I mean I REAALLLLY hate to admit it, but Mystic Gohan is stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Maybe if I sit on my ass for 24 hours and have an old, crazy guy dance and sing around me, I'll reach my full potential. Beats the shit out of weight training and cardio.

superkronick92
LOL, I've been there, it's a common misconception that the main character has to be the strongest in the series.

Originally Akira Toryama was going to make Gohan the main character and leave Goku out of it, but due to popular demand he didn't.

Making Gohan the strongest, I think, was AK's nod to what was originally going to happen

chickenlover98
LOL, I've been there, it's a common misconception that the main character has to be the strongest in the series.

Originally Akira Toryama was going to make Gohan the main character and leave Goku out of it, but due to popular demand he didn't.

Making Gohan the strongest, I think, was AK's nod to what was originally going to happen

i know goku wasgoing to be killed off. everyone knew it once gohan was in highschool and such but there was such an uproar that gohan was the main char. and THERE IS NO PROOF he's stronger. how many times must i say it, goku let the other Z fighters handle it. he didnt want to be earths protecter. thats why he seemed weak. to make them do it. he was actually stronger than them all

Grinning Goku
i know goku wasgoing to be killed off. everyone knew it once gohan was in highschool and such but there was such an uproar that gohan was the main char. and THERE IS NO PROOF he's stronger. how many times must i say it, goku let the other Z fighters handle it. he didnt want to be earths protecter. thats why he seemed weak. to make them do it. he was actually stronger than them all

He fuc-ked Super Buu up, badly. Super Buu could not land one hit, and Gohan didn't fire on ki blast. Also, it was said that Super Buu would be more than a match for Goku and Vegeta. I don't know if Goku meant if they both fought him at SSJ2 or if Goku fought at SSJ3 and Vegeta at SSJ2. I'll show you my DBZ PL's when I'm done with them.
P.S. Goku still pwns everybody anyway.

superkronick92
I think Goku didn't go SS3 in that fight because he knew it would just waste energy

chickenlover98
I think Goku didn't go SS3 in that fight because he knew it would just waste energy
cause goku needed that energy for later right. to do what? nothing. he didnt go ssj 3 so that vegeta would have a point. he could have went ssj3 and pwned buu. it is completely nonsensical that he didnt. it was PIS

superkronick92
Super Buu still would have beat him at SS3,

Mystic Gohan>>>>>>>>Super Buu>SS3 Gotenks>SS3 Goku

Grinning Goku

superkronick92
There is no way in hell I am reading all that wink

chickenlover98
yo grinnin, you might wanna adjust the end power levels. some were stronger, some weaker. NO WAY spopovich and yamu were that strong. i would say like barely 500 k. they really had the element of surprise and kabito and shin let it happen. super buu's PL should be much higher. goku ssj3 is way underpowered and again IMO way stronger than mystic gohan. then theres the question of the power level required to blow up a planet. gotenks is also stronger than listed.

the beginning sets however were pretty perfect. the end just needs alot of tweakin. otherwise EXCELLANT POST!!!!!

chickenlover98
also krillin is not that power ful, he's probly like maybe 250 k. he was extremely worthless for the entire dbz saga, what makes you say he was that strong?

and android 18 probly has a power lvl of about 26-27 mil not 29.

ankur29
what are those stas i saw earlier based on the manga or anime? remember the anime is not cannon?and gt is not part of the manga aswell
and what about vegeta,piccolo and people the human charecters?

personally i think...

krillin / kuririn

intelligence: normal
strength : class 25 range but low end able to lift more than 10 tons
running speed: superhuman about 100 mph
flight speed : supersonic mach 4.6 (3080mph)
water speed: superhuman about 60 knots
stamina: enhanced able to sutain for a few hours
durability: metahuman & can stand most explosions but not toxins
agility:superhuman because of superspeed
reflexes: superhuman because of superspeed

piccolo

intelligence: extraordinary genius after kami fusion
strength : class 100 not incalculable but around 200 - 500 tons
running speed: subsonic about 500 mph
flight speed : orbital velocity mach 23.3 (5 mile a second / 17941 mph)
water speed: superhuman but more than 60 knots
stamina: superhuman able to sustain for up to a day
durability: demi god like regenerative

goku,vegeta at base:

intelligence: above normal
strength : class 50 range
running speed: subsonic about 500 mph
flight speed : hypersonic mach 10 (7700mph roughly 2 mile second)
water speed: superhuman greater than 60 knots
stamina: enhanced able to sutain for a few hours
durability: metahuman can stand explosions & is bulletroof but not toxins

goku,vegeta at supersaiyan:

intelligence: above normal
strength : class 100 not incalculable roughly 200 - 500 tons tons
running speed: supersonic
flight speed : orbital velocity mach 23.3 (5 mile a second / 17941 mph)
water speed: near maximum (700 knots)
stamina: superhuman able to sutain for a few hours
durability: demigodlike can stand nuke & is bulletroof but not toxins
agility:metahuman superspeed
reflexes: metahuman because of superspeed

Grinning Goku
Just had a thought. Goku in base form was handling 8 tons quite easily. When the weight was increased to 40 tons he couldn't move. He goes SSJ and the 40 tons are like nothing for him. I think it's safe to say he could handle more than 95-100 tons in his SSJ form. SSJ2 is another story altogether. Let's say for the sake of argument that Goku tops out at 80 tons in SSJ form (which I strongly doubt). He then goes SSJ 2 which doubles his power level and it leaves us with a minimum of 190 - 200 tons he'd top out at. Now at SSJ3 he's hella powerful. Lets double that and he'd be lifting over 350-400 tons easily, I think. That pwns the majority of Marvel's strongest characters. The only three characters that would give SSJ3 Goku hell are Hulk, Sentry and BB marvels supposedly top three heroes. And even this is speculation. One fully powered Shunkan Ido Kamehmeha from SSJ3 Goku and WWH is dead IMO.

superkronick92
I agree, but you forgot to mention Superman, lol

Grinning Goku
I agree, but you forgot to mention Superman, lol

I just included Marvel characters. I'm not messing with DC right now, lulz. big grin

chickenlover98
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Just had a thought. Goku in base form was handling 8 tons quite easily. When the weight was increased to 40 tons he couldn't move. He goes SSJ and the 40 tons are like nothing for him. I think it's safe to say he could handle more than 95-100 tons in his SSJ form. SSJ2 is another story altogether. Let's say for the sake of argument that Goku tops out at 80 tons in SSJ form (which I strongly doubt). He then goes SSJ 2 which doubles his power level and it leaves us with a minimum of 190 - 200 tons he'd top out at. Now at SSJ3 he's hella powerful. Lets double that and he'd be lifting over 350-400 tons easily, I think. That pwns the majority of Marvel's strongest characters. The only three characters that would give SSJ3 Goku hell are Hulk, Sentry and BB marvels supposedly top three heroes. And even this is speculation. One fully powered Shunkan Ido Kamehmeha from SSJ3 Goku and WWH is dead IMO.

your stats are completely wrong. goku was trainin with 4 tons altogether in base. then king kai ups it to 40, where goku cant move. he goes ssj and its like he's lifting candy. his power clearly increases either exponentially or more than 10 fold. so ssj 3 would be in the thousands of tons

heres my estimates

goku base - around 10 tons top

ssj-120-160

ssj 2 - 900-1000

ssj3- 10 k and over.

likely more, but kronick will jump even farther down my throat if i make the numbers any bigger

superkronick92
your stats are completely wrong. goku was trainin with 4 tons altogether in base. then king kai ups it to 40, where goku cant move. he goes ssj and its like he's lifting candy. his power clearly increases either exponentially or more than 10 fold. so ssj 3 would be in the thousands of tons

heres my estimates

goku base - around 10 tons top

ssj-120-160

ssj 2 - 900-1000

ssj3- 10 k and over.

likely more, but kronick will jump even farther down my throat if i make the numbers any bigger

First of all.....no, just no.

chickenlover98
First of all.....no, just no.

prove me wrong dick. you have no real proof how his strength is multiplied when he transforms. we never even saw the extent of his strength in ssj 1. if you can go ahead and get me a direct quote from akira toriyama sayin his strength is multiplied by XX whenever he transforms, u win. otherwise......shut up

superkronick92
Reported

ankur29
actually my firend you have it all wrong ........ please read...

heres my theory to gauge gokus strength...

1) goku handled 2 tons a peice x4 (so 8 tons) quite easily ,right?

now heres some information that will intrigue and suprise you...
Argos sell weighted bands aswell , they weigh 2.5lbs a peice so if i get 4 of them thats 10lbs altoghter and rougly 5 kg , i can bench 50kg! so using that as a rough scale factor i can bench 10 times as much weight as i can COMFORTABLY handle with weighted armbands

... now considering that not every one can bench within the same proptions as me and therefore we say someone can bench about 6 -8 times (our scale factor here) as much they can handle with weighted training bands ...

so base goku who moves 8 tons in weighted bands comfortably =

8 tons x 8 (our scale factor) = 64 tons benching strength

supersaiyan goku ... = 40 x 8 = 320 tons benching strength
or
etc etc ... interesting, yes ?

Grinning Goku
Reported

lollerskates. laughing out loud

Grinning Goku
actually my firend you have it all wrong ........ please read...

heres my theory to gauge gokus strength...

1) goku handled 2 tons a peice x4 (so 8 tons) quite easily ,right?

now heres some information that will intrigue and suprise you...
Argos sell weighted bands aswell , they weigh 2.5lbs a peice so if i get 4 of them thats 10lbs altoghter and rougly 5 kg , i can bench 50kg! so using that as a rough scale factor i can bench 10 times as much weight as i can COMFORTABLY handle with weighted armbands

... now condier that not every one can bench the same and we say someone can bench about 6 times (our scale factor is proptionality is roughly accounted for) as much as we can handle with weighted training bands ...

so base goku who moves 8 tons in weighted bands comfortably =

8 tons x 6 (our scale factor) = 48 tons benching strength

supersaiyan goku ... = 40 x 6 = 240 tons

etc etc ... interesting, yes ?

You do make an excellent point. I can bench 185 about 4 times. But I can move with two pound weights pretty easily on each limb. It really is only 8 pounds. Make it ten and I can still handle it but not as easily. 185/40 = 4.625. So I could lift more than 4 times the 40 pound weights. Pretty good system, ankur.

superkronick92
Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, which Buu do you guys think is the strongest.

I think Super Buu(Gohan and Gotenks absorbed) was the strongest, but Kid Buu is the most viscious/evil

Grinning Goku
Super Buu by far. Kid Buu was the most vicious, though. He had no goodness left in him. He only wanted to destroy. He simply fought anybody that tried to stop him blowing everything up.

ankur29
superbuu was strongest especially with gohan!

Grinning Goku
I have another question. Do you guys think Mecha Frieza was more powerful than 100% power Frieza?

ankur29
You do make an excellent point. I can bench 185 about 4 times. But I can move with two pound weights pretty easily on each limb. It really is only 8 pounds. Make it ten and I can still handle it but not as easily. 185/40 = 4.625. So I could lift more than 4 times the 40 pound weights. Pretty good system, ankur.

maybe its beeter if we used 5 as a scale factor for proprtion of strength when benching is compared to comfort while moving weighed bands

therefore wil goku is still in base he would be able to lift 8 tons x 5 = 40 tons

in supersaiyan 40 x 5 = 200 tons

but how does vegetas muscles measure? i mean how much can he lift? and what about piccolo he is the z fighter's big guy?

i would say vegeta same as goku ...50 tons give or take in base ,200 tons in superisayn and piccolo 200 tons after kami fusion

chickenlover98
Reported

you nor anyone else answered my question. how can you say they only get 2 times tronger every transformation? obviously they get much stroner than that. you just refuse to admit it. so report me for your lack of evidence. PLEASE.

superkronick92
you nor anyone else answered my question. how can you say they only get 2 times tronger every transformation? obviously they get much stroner than that. you just refuse to admit it. so report me for your lack of evidence. PLEASE.

I reported you for flaming no expression , anyway, how can you say they get more than 2 times stronger. They have more low showings than they do high, majority

Grinning Goku
I have another question. Do you guys think Mecha Frieza was more powerful than 100% power Frieza?

Endless Mike
The best physical strength feat in all of the DB manga was Goku kicking Frieza through a few islands.

Ridley_Prime
Of course.

0KwxRyOcmAU

"Once these mechanical enhancements have been made to his existing body, he will be able to realize energy levels far greater than ever before. Levels that would have been unsustainable in his purely organic form."

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Endless Mike
The best physical strength feat in all of the DB manga was Goku kicking Frieza through a few islands.

Now where would you rank that? mmm

chickenlover98
I reported you for flaming no expression , anyway, how can you say they get more than 2 times stronger. They have more low showings than they do high, majority

flaming by saying before superkronick jumps down my throat? that isnt flaming. u clearly misinterpreted what i said.

superkronick92
prove me wrong dick. you have no real proof how his strength is multiplied when he transforms. we never even saw the extent of his strength in ssj 1. if you can go ahead and get me a direct quote from akira toriyama sayin his strength is multiplied by XX whenever he transforms, u win. otherwise......shut up

there ya go

chickenlover98

well by my calculations(and anyone else with a small grasp of multiplication) 4*10=40. and since he was going extremely fast with 40 tons and could handle probly 3 times more than that without not being ablle to move, we can safely assume that it is multiplied by more than 2. now its not even clear whether its multiplied by a factor or if it increases exponentially. and even witha factor of 10, it puts ssj3 in the 4000 range. but since he's stronger than 10X each transformation id put his strength higher

chickenlover98
there ya go

first of all that isnt even flaming. i called u a dick OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. omg im SOOOOOOOOOO sorry. and i asked you to provide evidence against my point. im still wating....... confused

superkronick92
Reported

chickenlover98
and let me clear this up, it was stated goku had 4 tons on his body TOTAL. which 1 means 1 ton each arm, not 2 each arm which would make 8, as some people have said in this thread

Grinning Goku
and let me clear this up, it was stated goku had 4 tons on his body TOTAL. which 1 means 1 ton each arm, not 2 each arm which would make 8, as some people have said in this thread

Bro, watch.

jzr4piaP6bQ

chickenlover98
Bro, watch.

jzr4piaP6bQ

shooting myself in the foot here for the anime argument, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut anime isnt cannon, so.....you sir are disqualified

Grinning Goku
shooting myself in the foot here for the anime argument, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut anime isnt cannon, so.....you sir are disqualified

Whatever. Doesn't take away from the fact that Goku is capable of lifting at least hundreds of tons by the Buu saga.

chickenlover98
Whatever. Doesn't take away from the fact that Goku is capable of lifting at least hundreds of tons by the Buu saga.

more dude. even if we multiply the 40 ton feat, that still puts him at 4000 tons at ssj 3. and he's higher than that

Grinning Goku
http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360807.gif

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360808.gif

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360809.gif

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360810.gif

Says he's training with 2 tons in base form. 1,000 pounds on each limb.

chickenlover98
http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360807.gif

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360808.gif

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360809.gif

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2020/Chapter%2008/360810.gif

Says he's training with 2 tons in base form. 1,000 pounds on each limb.

a ton is 2k pounds i believe

ankur29

precicesly 2000lbs = 1 ton and he was moving it with ease... goku should be able to lift about 50 tons above his head in base form as 40 tons made it hard for him to move as it would if the weight was in the form of a barbell on a press machine placed above his head

Accel
I hate to admit, but it's true. And I mean I REAALLLLY hate to admit it, but Mystic Gohan is stronger than SSJ3 Goku. Maybe if I sit on my ass for 24 hours and have an old, crazy guy dance and sing around me, I'll reach my full potential. Beats the shit out of weight training and cardio.
Gohan was always naturally powerful, so him eventually surpassing Goku should come off as no real surprise. The thing is, because gaining more power always came so easily for Gohan, he never really seemed to develop any where near the fighting skills Goku had.

Grinning Goku

I know a ton is 2000 pounds. So two tons would equal 4000 pounds i.e. 1000 pounds on each limb.

chickenlover98
I know a ton is 2000 pounds. So two tons would equal 4000 pounds i.e. 1000 pounds on each limb.

right forgot he only had 2 tons on in the manga. whatever. but do you guys agree that if its only a factor of 10 we're multiplying by, that he'd be in the thousands of tons when he went to ssj3?

Grinning Goku
right forgot he only had 2 tons on in the manga. whatever. but do you guys agree that if its only a factor of 10 we're multiplying by, that he'd be in the thousands of tons when he went to ssj3?

Easily. If only he could break out of his universe and stomp the ever loving shit out of WWHulk. I guess a man can dream.

chickenlover98
Easily. If only he could break out of his universe and stomp the ever loving shit out of WWHulk. I guess a man can dream.

i appreciate that i have someone with knowledge of dbz on my side against comic characters. now my question to you, you think he can beat supes?

Grinning Goku
i appreciate that i have someone with knowledge of dbz on my side against comic characters. now my question to you, you think he can beat supes?

I really don't know. If he fights current Supes in SSJ3 form and uses his Shunkan Ido, it'd be one hell of a fight.

chickenlover98
I really don't know. If he fights current Supes in SSJ3 form and uses his Shunkan Ido, it'd be one hell of a fight.

oh hell yea. i never said itd be easy. jesus christ no. itd be each one gettin pounded. if supes gets sun recharge goku gets senzu beans.

Grinning Goku
oh hell yea. i never said itd be easy. jesus christ no. itd be each one gettin pounded. if supes gets sun recharge goku gets senzu beans.

I agree. Is the Dragon fist canon in DBZ? I know it's featured in Movie 13 and in DBGT but I'm not sure. If he used that attack, Superman after wearing him down a bit, he could kill him.

Violent2Dope
We all wish Goku would beat the shit out of WWH. I would rank Goku a low-mid Herald on the tier system.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
We all wish Goku would beat the shit out of WWH. I would rank Goku a low-mid Herald on the tier system.

Which level? Because SSJ 2 Goku is easily a Top Tier.

Violent2Dope
Which level? Because SSJ 2 Goku is easily a Top Tier. Top-tier? You mean High Herald? I am sorry, but I cannot admit to Goku being on Silver Surfur's level.

Grinning Goku
Top-tier? You mean High Herald? I am sorry, but I cannot admit to Goku being on Silver Surfur's level.

Then don't. Just because he's top tier doesn't mean he can be SS. But he is top tier, nonetheless.

Violent2Dope
Then don't. Just because he's top tier doesn't mean he can be SS. But he is top tier, nonetheless. Not really, he lacks several things top-tiers have. He can't even go lightspeed, nor can he lift as much as most High Heralds. He lacks the versatility of most as well.

Ridley_Prime
He can't even go lightspeed
Instant Transmission anyone?

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Instant Transmission anyone? Show me him using that in a highspeed fight(canon fight). Also, that is more like teleportation, Nightcrawler can teleport, is he a High Herald? Hahahaha...no.

Ridley_Prime
Show me him using that in a highspeed fight(canon fight).
Um, against Cell? stick out tongue

RZjCI0zEYsM

He did it against Pikkon too.

Also, that is more like teleportation, Nightcrawler can teleport, is he a High Herald? Hahahaha...no.
Of course not. Kurt can't teleport from planet to planet like Goku can with Instant Transmission, so it's dumb to compare the 2.

At any rate, I agree that Goku's not really top tier, so don't get me wrong there. Was just pointing out that he can go lightspeed with the IT.

Neo Darkhalen
Buu, Cell, Cooler, Frieza FTW.

chickenlover98
Not really, he lacks several things top-tiers have. He can't even go lightspeed, nor can he lift as much as most High Heralds. He lacks the versatility of most as well.

how much can a high herald lift? cause im sure goku can lift more than 4000 tons at ssj 3

Endless Mike
He only used IT to dodge Cell's attack, right afterwards Cell started blitzing him and IT didn't help him one bit.

Also Pikkon/Piku-han isn't canon, he's a filler character

chickenlover98
He only used IT to dodge Cell's attack, right afterwards Cell started blitzing him and IT didn't help him one bit.

Also Pikkon/Piku-han isn't canon, he's a filler character

mike whats your opinio n on the max weight goku can lift ssj 3

Endless Mike
No idea, it's hard to quantify. I would say at least 100 tons though, maybe over 1000

chickenlover98
No idea, it's hard to quantify. I would say at least 100 tons though, maybe over 1000

well not really. he went from 2 tons to 40 tons and still could go way over 40 in just ssj1. its at least a factor of ten each transformation, which would put him way over 400 tons in ssj3

Violent2Dope
how much can a high herald lift? cause im sure goku can lift more than 4000 tons at ssj 3 Superman pushes planets and is a High Herald, Silver Surfur is physically comparable to an angry Hulk, and Thor fished a giant snake wrapped around Earth off with a giant fishing pole.

Endless Mike
It was never stated how much stronger he got at each transformation. That's nothing but speculation.

Grinning Goku
For those of you saying that SSJ2 Goku could be top tier, look at this scan:

http://www.ultimatedbz.com/pictures/Manga/Dragonball%20Z/Book%2019/Chapter%2007/350618.gif

Now that's Super Perfect Cell there. He was nearly as strong as Gohan at SSJ2, maybe even stronger. He says he has enough power to destroy the solar system in his Kamehameha beam, which I fairly sure of considering Vegeta could have destroyed Earth with a pl of 18,000 and that Frieza destroyed Planet Vegeta when is pl was at a mere 530,000. Cell's power in this form is into the hundreds of millions, so I wouldn't be surprised if he possessed this amount of power. I said all that to say this, SSJ2 Goku during the Buu Saga was far superior to SSJ2 Gohan during the Cell Games who was slightly greater, or equal to Super Perfect Cell. So...

SSJ2 Goku>>>>SSJ2 Kid Gohan>=Super Perfect Cell who could wipe out a solar system. How many other top tiers can boast this strength? I know Spartan 3.0 or The Sentry couldn't.

chickenlover98
grinning, that argument has been used 50 million times and i believe that cell coulda destroyed a couple planets, but not a solar system. that mi amigo is called a boast.

now i believe goku ssj 3 could lift 4k tons and up so ima say he's a high herald.

Endless Mike
Except that that blast only created a small crater....

He was obviously bluffing

Grinning Goku

ankur29
hey are the eblish shonen jump books official manga .... i have volume 20 where goku is lifting 2 tons on each weighted strap a total of 8 tons?

ankur29
*english

chickenlover98
i still say ssj3 goku strongest of all

ankur29
hey are the english shonen jump books official manga & therefore canan.... i have volume 20 where goku is lifting 2 tons on EACH limb not overall 2 tons why were people saying it was not a total 8 ?

i have it in my house right now......

ankur29

it is 2 ton on each limb:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8033/scan0001ph2.th.jpg http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2589/scan0002af3.th.jpg http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8080/scan0003js9.th.jpg

BradBalboa
hmm this is a hard one !!

Remeber when Goku was traningwith the 40 ton weigts in other world its highly likely that since king kais planets had a force of 10X gravity, that the Grand kais planet would have gravity 100time that of eart as it is also used as a traning ground.so its would have actually been around 400tons.

which i think is stillfar too low, since when fighting piccolo in the 23rd tenkaichi budokai, piccolo gew to an imense size and his body would have weighed around 100tons, and goku lifted him and this was before DBZ !!

when it comes to strength id say ( end of GT)

Goku base form- 120,000,000,000 ton
Goku ssj-200,000,000,000 ton
Goku ssj2- 500,000,000,000 ton
Goku ssj3- 750,000,000,000 ton
Goku ssj4- 1000,000,000000 ton

or something like tha

I actaully tried to calculate gokus strenght usng the 40ton scene , ( forgetting about the intense gravity ) i estimated that in ssj3 goku can lift around 150,000 tons ! ( alot different to my readings above i now)

As for speed, well its common knowledge that piccolo say radditz is faster than light speed, yet after trainign with king kai, beign many times faster than radditz it still taks goku 2 days to run 10 thousand miles, yet in the manga i herd snake way is something like million miles

Its really hard to say these kinds of things but hey, theres benver been anything goku cant lift

Vvendeta
Vegeta Said to android 20:

"You tought your mathematical projections will tell you all you needed to known.
We saiyans can not be reduced to numbers"

I quote this not because I am against your calcultion, is because your calculation will change if you take the feat when piccolo is giant into consideration, Piccolo has the size of a building, this is in DB.
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7130/160703gi5.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6369/160704ad0.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/276/160705sv1.jpg

Vvendeta
Show me him using that in a highspeed fight(canon fight). Also, that is more like teleportation, Nightcrawler can teleport, is he a High Herald? Hahahaha...no.

He did it against Kid Buu.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Vvendeta
He did it against Kid Buu.

To avoid an attack. Not to do all the ridiculous crap that DBZ fanboys say he can do with it (yet he has ever done, ever)

Vvendeta
He was fighting, Kid Buu was kicking from underground at the same time he fire a blast, Goku port and kick in the head of the kid Buu, I dont know what others have being saying, but Goku can use Istant Transmision in a fight, and this feat prove it.

Endless Mike
He was using it when Kid Buu fired a blast at him, and he couldn't get out of the way fast enough using conventional speed, so he IT'd out of the way.

It can be used for maneuvers like that in battle, sure, but it's no substitute for actual speed. When he used it against Cell to dodge an attack, Cell commented that he was impressed, but then he started blitzing the crap out of him despite the fact that Goku had IT and he didn't.

Classic NES
To avoid an attack. Not to do all the ridiculous crap that DBZ fanboys say he can do with it (yet he has ever done, ever)

Actually, he did it against Metal Cooler. Though, that's not canon at all.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Classic NES
Actually, he did it against Metal Cooler. Though, that's not canon at all.

Not to mention he could only do so because they both knew the technique (however that's supposed to work)

Classic NES
Yeah, they really over powered Shukan Ido in that movie. Though, I thought it was cool.

Endless Mike
The movies are generally known for having cool scenes but making little sense

Classic NES
*Cough* Brolly *Cough*

Endless Mike
Case in point

iceman24567
This is crazy escape velocity? Or near lightspeed? No Dbz character is that fast but Dbz levels of speed and strength are so inconsistent.

Vvendeta
He was using it when Kid Buu fired a blast at him, and he couldn't get out of the way fast enough using conventional speed, so he IT'd out of the way.

It can be used for maneuvers like that in battle, sure, but it's no substitute for actual speed. When he used it against Cell to dodge an attack, Cell commented that he was impressed, but then he started blitzing the crap out of him despite the fact that Goku had IT and he didn't.

Goku not only avoid the atack, he counter attack Buu, And Cell was holding back against Goku, Goku SSJ 1.

What i said in my previous post is what it happen in the manga, your version about avoiding only the blast is not.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2663/dbzteleportgokuvsbuukn3ug5.jpg http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6987/dbzteleportgokuvsbuu2kllw3.gif

Unrivaled
There is no limits on a Saiya-jins strength..There physical might is unknown but we know they are incredibly strong.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BradBalboa

Remeber when Goku was traningwith the 40 ton weigts in other world its highly likely that since king kais planets had a force of 10X gravity, that the Grand kais planet would have gravity 100time that of eart as it is also used as a traning ground.so its would have actually been around 400tons.

which i think is stillfar too low, since when fighting piccolo in the 23rd tenkaichi budokai, piccolo gew to an imense size and his body would have weighed around 100tons, and goku lifted him and this was before DBZ !!

or something like tha

I actaully tried to calculate gokus strenght usng the 40ton scene , ( forgetting about the intense gravity ) i estimated that in ssj3 goku can lift around 150,000 tons ! ( alot different to my readings above i now)

As for speed, well its common knowledge that piccolo say radditz is faster than light speed, yet after trainign with king kai, beign many times faster than radditz it still taks goku 2 days to run 10 thousand miles, yet in the manga i herd snake way is something like million miles

Its really hard to say these kinds of things but hey, theres benver been anything goku cant lift

Though this guy is out there with his numbers. I think he has a point. Does the planet that Goku was training on in that scene being discussed so much, have intense gravity?

Alucard25
Yeah those numbers are just no

iceman24567

or something like tha

Its really hard to say these kinds of things but hey, theres benver been anything goku cant lift Man you were digging weren't you if all this were true if Goku were to slap the ground the earth would split in half..Your calculations are so wrong.

BradBalboa
(quote)Though this guy is out there with his numbers. I think he has a point. Does the planet that Goku was training on in that scene being discussed so much, have intense gravity?

well im guessing it does, since kig kais plane is used asa training ground and its gravity ios te times earths, so since grand kais is a level above that i rekon its would have gravity 100 tmes stronger but even if it isnt is aleast still 10 times stronger, i just think its more likely to be 100 X makes sense no ?

Grinning Goku

or something like tha

Those numbers are way too high.

Dark-Jaxx
WAAAAAAAAAAAY too high, in base form Goku can't lift 10 tons.

BradBalboa
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx

based on the grand kai planet traning scene ? ha i think not Grand kais planet would hav higher gravity just like king kais either the same 10 X or 100 X so it was alot more, plus goku has lifted more thanthat in dragonball !! atleat 100 tons

Dark-Jaxx
based on the grand kai planet traning scene ? ha i think not Grand kais planet would hav higher gravity just like king kais either the same 10 X or 100 X so it was alot more, plus goku has lifted more thanthat in dragonball !! atleat 100 tons He has not lifted more than that in DB, he PUSHED more than that, huge difference.

Thing is, South Kai and King Kai, who both know what the gravity difference is, reffered to it as 2 tons, so in their planet, it is equivelant to 2 tons.

chickenlover98
Those numbers are way too high. i agree, but i am changing my estimates. by the end of the series i say it looks more like this:

normal: 10 tons

ssj 1:120-150 tons

ssj 2: 1000-1500 tons

ssj 3:10000-12000 tons

dadudemon
He has not lifted more than that in DB, he PUSHED more than that, huge difference.

Thing is, South Kai and King Kai, who both know what the gravity difference is, reffered to it as 2 tons, so in their planet, it is equivelant to 2 tons.

Both of those statements are illogical.

There is a friction coefficient in physics. A coefficient of .5 means you have to exert a force that is 50% of the mass of the object. f=ma

f= force

m=mass

a=acceleration

What did he push and where? If he pushed a rough object on a rough surface, he may have ended up having to exert more than a friction coefficient of 1...meaning he exerted more than the force required to simply move 100 tons.

There is no logic to base that assumption on. The word "ton" is an English word from Earth. They very well could have been using words that mean what they weight of the object was on earth. Also, if you are on a planet with greater gravity than your home planet, the acceleration of gravity is higher. Your "gait" would be different in the higher gravity and characteristic running wouldn't occur until a higher speed. (Trust me on this...in lower gravity, you start to jog at a slower speed....relative to Earth.)

Considering the Kais are supposed be some sort of Demi-gods, they may have been intelligent enough to say that the weights were really 2 tons...in that gravity. That defeats the whole purpose of this debate to begin with.

Also, they could very well have been in higher gravity...just like the Kai's planets.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by dadudemon
Both of those statements are illogical.

There is a friction coefficient in physics. A coefficient of .5 means you have to exert a force that is 50% of the mass of the object. f=ma

f= force

m=mass

a=acceleration

What did he push and where? If he pushed a rough object on a rough surface, he may have ended up having to exert more than a friction coefficient of 1...meaning he exerted more than the force required to simply move 100 tons.

There is no logic to base that assumption on. The word "ton" is an English word from Earth. They very well could have been using words that mean what they weight of the object was on earth. Also, if you are on a planet with greater gravity than your home planet, the acceleration of gravity is higher. Your "gait" would be different in the higher gravity and characteristic running wouldn't occur until a higher speed. (Trust me on this...in lower gravity, you start to jog at a slower speed....relative to Earth.)

Considering the Kais are supposed be some sort of Demi-gods, they may have been intelligent enough to say that the weights were really 2 tons...in that gravity. That defeats the whole purpose of this debate to begin with.

Also, they could very well have been in higher gravity...just like the Kai's planets. You're a dick. laughing out loud

dadudemon
You're a dick. laughing out loud

That's funny, I usually get "you're a nerd". LOL! laughing

Vvendeta

He is doing martial arts with 8 tons, 2 tons in each limb, levitating..
and
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7130/160703gi5.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6369/160704ad0.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/276/160705sv1.jpg

Endless Mike
You know that lifting and tossing someone off - balance is not all brute force.

Classic NES
You know that lifting and tossing someone off - balance is not all brute force.

Yeah, but it still takes alot strength though. Without power techniques are pointless.

Endless Mike
Did I say it didn't take any strength?

Classic NES
Did I say it didn't take any strength?

My bad.

BradBalboa
for christs sakes, ok guys, if goKU couldnt lift 10 tons in base form that would mean spiderman yes fuking SPIDERMAN is twice as strong as goku in base form since HE can lift 20 tons which isnt right ( well he can i mean goku, not lifing it isnt right) in base form goku can lift atleast a few hundred tons, think about it even the saiyan and frieza saga the things they do hig people threw mountians ..could goku do that could he only lift 10tons ?? NO !! when vegeta was asking dr briefs to get the graivity to go up2 300 X he was shocked saying " you body will feel like it weighs 18tons !" in amazement, DBZ is sooo inconsistant and im sure you all agree with me, at that poin vegeta can lift hundreds of tons not a measily 18!!

Classic NES
Goku wasn't trying to lift 10 tons, he was using the weights for an isometrics excersize. Which is why it's not a good idea to use that feat.

Classic NES
Strength at base is probably minimum of 45~ TONS.

chickenlover98
Strength at base is probably minimum of 45~ TONS. thumb up which is why my estimates are big. seriously goku ssj 3 would probly be at 10000 tons or more

Classic NES
10,000 is alot.

chickenlover98
10,000 is alot. not at all. im going by a factor of ten for every ssj transformation. so if base was 40 itd be even higher.

Classic NES
I wanted to do that, but there's zero proof that SSJ increases their strength ten fold.

chickenlover98
I wanted to do that, but there's zero proof that SSJ increases their strength ten fold. not really. he goes from 4 tons to 40. thats an increase of a multiple of a 10. thats what im basing my figures off of primarily

Vvendeta
Sorry Chicken Lover but this Viz translation is correct with the Japanese
it is 2 ton on each limb:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8033/scan0001ph2.th.jpg http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2589/scan0002af3.th.jpg http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8080/scan0003js9.th.jpg

And this is the prove in the Daizenshuu that the Supersaiyan is X50

French Translation
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1182/frenchdaizenshuuae1bn9.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2346/japanesedaizenshuukz1cr0.jpg

Original in Japanese numbers
Link about the subject and Japanese numeric explanation
http://anime.myfavoritegames.com/anime-manga/dragonball-z/67749-subject-why-freeza-goku-were-hundred-millions.html

SanGoku contre Freeza(Goku base against Freeza: 3 000 000
Super saiyen 150 000 000
3 000 000 x 50 = 150 000 000

Birth Studio (Toriyama company, like saying Marvel and DC)

Vvendeta
Goku wasn't trying to lift 10 tons, he was using the weights for an isometrics excersize. Which is why it's not a good idea to use that feat.

Like running with dumbells in each limb is diferent that bench and squats,
what you say is correct.

Classic NES
So, if it's 50X with every transformation:

Base= Minimum of 45~ tons

SSJ= Minimum of 2250~ Tons

If the rate remains:

SSJ2= Minimum of 112, 500~ Tons

SSJ3= Minimum of 5,625,000~ Tons

These numbers are speculation.

It's not too farfetched considering that Goku transformation shook the planet:

nIWjg7whpN

Endless Mike
There's no evidence for a 50x increase with each transformation, and no evidence that physical strength scales linearly with ki

Classic NES
no evidence that physical strength scales linearly with ki

Are you kidding me?

So, why is it Trunks and Goku were able to alivate the weight by transforming to SSJ?

Endless Mike
Are you paying attention? I never said the transformations didn't make them stronger, just that it wasn't a linear or logical increase.

Classic NES
Are you paying attention? I never said the transformations didn't make them stronger, just that it wasn't a linear or logical increase.

Ki isn't logical in the first place, if your arguing that the increase is not constant then I might agree. But, we have no way in knowing.

chickenlover98
So, if it's 50X with every transformation:

Base= Minimum of 45~ tons

SSJ= Minimum of 2250~ Tons

If the rate remains:

SSJ2= Minimum of 112, 500~ Tons

SSJ3= Minimum of 5,625,000~ Tons

These numbers are speculation.

It's not too farfetched considering that Goku transformation shook the planet:

nIWjg7whpN seems a bit high but i wouldnt be surprised

Endless Mike
Ki isn't logical in the first place, if your arguing that the increase is not constant then I might agree. But, we have no way in knowing.

So then why do you just assume it is?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>