Dark empire sidious vs RO2 bane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GahLakTus
Lets see how the officially declared most powerful sith lord fairs against drews overpowered bullshit character.

1)Lightsaber
2)Force
3)All out

Utrigita
Spite

GahLakTus
uh no, im making this thread due to what sexy has mentioned about bane being able to "rival" sidious and exar kun in both the force and saber skills.

fascistcrusader
Sidious curb stomps Bane in all 3.

Gideon
Really, Galaktus, now you're going to inspire Nebaris and whomever else has a secret (or otherwise) hankering for Bane to try to conflict with Sidious's dominance; I don't have the patience or desire to continue arguing in support of obvious facts.

fascistcrusader
Let's make bets on how many times "Bane is the Sith chosen one" will be said.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Let's make bets on how many times "Bane is the Sith chosen one" will be said.

None because we all know he will lose.

vader11
Sidious wins all.

fascistcrusader
None because we all know he will lose.

We're just betting on how many times it will be said, not who will win the debate.

Darth Hord
And my bet is Zero

fascistcrusader
That's a horrible bet, I'm going with 3.

Utrigita
Originally posted by GahLakTus
uh no, im making this thread due to what sexy has mentioned about bane being able to "rival" sidious and exar kun in both the force and saber skills.

Okay but in the new Book rule of the Two Bane was killed by force lightning, and Sidious is a master of force lightning and the force in generel, and a superb swordsman capable of utilizing all of the lightsaber styles, and is the most powerful sith lord to have existed hence my reasons for saying spite.

But I get what you point, why you maked the thread I just wanted to clarify why I found that it was far from a fair match.

Peace.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Gideon
Really, Galaktus, now you're going to inspire Nebaris and whomever else has a secret (or otherwise) hankering for Bane to try to conflict with Sidious's dominance; I don't have the patience or desire to continue arguing in support of obvious facts. Nategreysummers WAS nebaris, i reported him because i sure as hell know who "nategrey" really was and he claimed he read the book hence he assumed bane would mega own vader whom is close to sidious in power. Hell the PM i sent to you regarding him claiming bane is better than luke, i didn't even bother responding anymore, its like typing to a brick wall. He won't accept the facts no matter how many times or how great you i or any one argue.

He himself agreed with the statements of sidious dominance but he admits he tries to find ways to downplay them.

Darth Hord
^and add to that NateGrey flat out insulted Ush in another thread.

Darth Sexy

I have NEVER stated that Bane rivals Sidious in ANYTHING. Do NOT add words into my mouth. I said Bane would give a pre DE Sidious a VERY tough lightsaber duel but will ultimately lose. His force abilities are amazing but Zannah's are supposed to be better and as of TPM, Sidious is #1 in Bane's order.

GahLakTus
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I have NEVER stated that Bane rivals Sidious in ANYTHING. Do NOT add words into my mouth. I said Bane would give a pre DE Sidious a VERY tough lightsaber duel but will ultimately lose. His force abilities are amazing but Zannah's are supposed to be better and as of TPM, Sidious is #1 in Bane's order. Ok, i misread that statement, i'm sorry.

@hord, Great, nebaris will be back in 7 days. Why the hell did Ush spare that sock.

Darth Hord
@hord, Great, nebaris will be back in 7 days. Why the hell did Ush spare that sock.

IDK all I know is nate called Ush a moron in the "master of the living force" thread in the PT forum if you want to look at it.

Darth Hord
For the record Sidious in all 3

Darth Exodus
Could someone please tell me how Sidious would beat Bane though.
Safe in that ridiculously good obelisk armour, Banes laughing. I'm just not sure that there's much Sidious can actually do to him.

Darth Hord
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Could someone please tell me how Sidious would beat Bane though.
Safe in that ridiculously good obelisk armour, Banes laughing. I'm just not sure that there's much Sidious can actually do to him.

Well for starters Bane's orbalisk armor is very weak against force lightning(Sidious has probably strongets lightning out of any sith) as when he was hit by his own force lightning he was in extreme pain and pretty much knocked and if any of his opponents were still alive Bane would have died. Plus the orbalisk that was hit by the lightning died and infected with a toxin that he was lucky enough to get cured thanks to outside help. Not to mention there are numerous quotes stating that Sidious is the strongest sith in history.

fascistcrusader
I smell a nebaris sock.

Darth Hord
God I hope Not.

fascistcrusader
Unfortunately the evidence makes it seem that its the case.

Darth Sexy
I guess Noobaris really does love embarassing himself. It's enough that he can't debate for shit, but it's really sad that he's been banned about 15 times, and he still keeps on coming back.

Darth Exodus
Okay then I can see your point and therefore I'm going to give Sidious the Force battle. But I'm going to give the lightsaber battle to Bane because;
1. he's a great fighter
2. Sidious hasn't really impressed me in the saber department ( that awful fight with mace)
3. Bane's orbalisks make him impregnable (90%) and mean that he can sacrifice defence for offence.

All-out: dunno, maybe Bane because he can just block Force lightning with his 'saber

Darth Exodus
Who the Hell is nebaris? confused confused confused

GahLakTus
Okay then I can see your point and therefore I'm going to give Sidious the Force battle. But I'm going to give the lightsaber battle to Bane because;
1. he's a great fighter

sure is

2. Sidious hasn't really impressed me in the saber department ( that awful fight with mace)
He dispatched 3 jedi masters easily whom were described as the orders greatest swordsman in the 25 000 year history, and the fact that sidious uses a lightsaber form consisting of several different forms which does not follow a sequence bane remembers and the fact that sidious can continously move faster than the eye can see throughout an entire duel.

3. Bane's orbalisks make him impregnable (90%) and mean that he can sacrifice defence for offence.
Right, and orbalisks can get damaged seeing that mandalorian iron whom is lightsaber resistant can get cut open if swug hard enough.

All-out: dunno, maybe Bane because he can just block Force lightning with his 'saber Lmfao, and sidious has mastered every aspect of the force, he can perform techniques bane has never heard off and would get owned,

Remember palpatines variation of the force storm? Which was powerful to destroy an entire fleet including his own ship as well as being able to rip apart a planets surface?

Hell sidious can even use the fallanasi technique to mask his connection so bane can't sense his presence and hence his pregonition becomes useless.

Or the fact that sidious can cut bane off the force or completely destroy his force bond which kills him instantly.

Darth Exodus
What on Earth! Those guys where crap as hell! If that's the best that the Jedi can do then I've really lost respect for them.

(Grudgingly) Well maybe.... sad
Bane's still a saber beast though.

When does this happen? Certainly not in that awful fight with Mace. laughing

Sidious is like what, 90? Hows he going to swing hard enough with out breaking both wrists? And just because mandalorian iron can be cut doesn't mean that orbalisks can.

Bane knows the Fallanasi technique as well ( Zannah uses it in RO2).
And since when has Sisious known Nihilius' Force Killer technique?

I still think that Bane would just win in a saber fight. Sidious may get tired like he did against Mace.
Also the orbalisks feed off darkside energy so that might do something.

MadMel
When does this happen? Certainly not in that awful fight with Mace. laughing

Sidious is like what, 90? Hows he going to swing hard enough with out breaking both wrists? And just because mandalorian iron can be cut doesn't mean that orbalisks can.
1. the fight was pretty sweet, considering that the actors themselves were doing most of it..id love to see you try it at the age that sid's actor is stick out tongue

2. dooku was 80 in rots, and he was doing just fine erm

Darth Exodus
It was still a God awful fight scene.

Got his butt wupped by Anakin and would get pwned by Bane.

GahLakTus
What on Earth! Those guys where crap as hell! If that's the best that the Jedi can do then I've really lost respect for them. According to canon, they are stronger than almost all the jedi in the 25 000 year history

(Grudgingly) Well maybe.... sad
Bane's still a saber beast though.

That means bane gets owned because he cannot counter something he has never seen it before.

When does this happen? Certainly not in that awful fight with Mace. laughing Dark empire.

Sidious is like what, 90?
Does age matter? No it doesn't, yoda at 800 years old still could fight like a beast. Its not like you can't use the force to boost your strength.

Hows he going to swing hard enough with out breaking both wrists?
Force aided strength? Just as dooku used the force to aid his kick to send anakin flying across the room?

And just because mandalorian iron can be cut doesn't mean that orbalisks can. Yes it can, because it was stated to be highly resistant, NOT immune.

Bane knows the Fallanasi technique as well ( Zannah uses it in RO2).
Prove it, quote it and elaborate.

And since when has Sisious known Nihilius' Force Killer technique?
Since he has been stated to master every force technique in the dark empire sourcebook.

I still think that Bane would just win in a saber fight. Sidious may get tired like he did against Mace.
Your an idiot, no offence but where did palpatine hint he was tired? First off he has not fought for 13 years, and him being able to put up a fight against yoda and mace displays incredible power despite the fact he was out of practise for 13 years, Oh right how i forgot he was defeated under CIRCUMSTANCES, vaapad? Shatter point?

Also the orbalisks feed off darkside energy so that might do something. Key word, might. Not will.

Darth Exodus
Its been stated that Sidious used Force Rage (kotor 2) on those lame, "great" jedi at the start. Then as the dual continued he tired because of this.
And by the way, I never get offended by anything.

I can 't prove it right or quote it as I'm on holiday at the moment and don 't have the book. I'll be back tomorrow though. To elaborate, Zannah cloaks herself in the force and then uses this to sneak up on the Echani Jedi and kill her. Read the fight scene.

I've never much cared for canon in Star wars and this just backs me up. Those Jedi were grade C wimps.

Untrue to the extreme.
Luke managed to beat Vader without knowing all (if any) of the Forms.
Davorit killed Sith without any extensive forms training.
Revan probably didn't have all the knowledge of the forms and did fine.
Real lightsaber prowess comes from the persons strength in the Force and the Forms only help as stated in POD. (stands for applause) big grin

Darth Sexy
I've never much cared for canon in Star wars and this just backs me up. Those Jedi were grade C wimps.
We know Noobaris. This is why you've never won a debate.

GahLakTus
Its been stated that Sidious used Force Rage (kotor 2) on those lame, "great" jedi at the start. Then as the dual continued he tired because of this.

I can 't prove it right or quote it as I'm on holiday at the moment and don 't have the book. I'll be back tomorrow though. To elaborate, Zannah cloaks herself in the force and then uses this to sneak up on the Echani Jedi and kill her. Read the fight scene.

Untrue to the extreme.
Revan probably didn't have all the knowledge of the forms and did fine.
Real lightsaber prowess comes from the persons strength in the Force and the Forms only help as stated in POD. (stands for applause) big grin Lol that "rebuttal" was so stupid to a point i can't even be bothered to tear it apart with a counter arguement.

Btw nebaris, i can tell your trying to cover your true identify by coming into this forum acting stupid like you don't know anything, its funny you don't know how to edit your posts as you claim yet you know how to quote like we all do...

GahLakTus
Stated by whom?

I can 't prove it right or quote it as I'm on holiday at the moment and don 't have the book. I'll be back tomorrow though. To elaborate, Zannah cloaks herself in the force and then uses this to sneak up on the Echani Jedi and kill her. Read the fight scene. Ill check up on this, but this looks like a controversy seeing neither one of them ever met the fallanasi.

I've never much cared for canon in Star wars and this just backs me up. Those Jedi were grade C wimps. Then you shouldn't debate nor be taken seriously, the novel is G-canon save for certein parts which are overwritten by the movie.

Actually luke was learning under obi wan and yoda for lightsaber combat, so he WAS using a lightsaber form.

Lol the sith in the BOD era are bantha fodder who were easily KILLED by children who SWUNG lightsabers like monkeys.

Revan probably didn't have all the knowledge of the forms and did fine. More bullshit from you, prove he didn't know any forms. Originally posted by Darth Exodus

Real lightsaber prowess comes from the persons strength in the Force and the Forms only help as stated in POD. (stands for applause) big grin Thanks for backing me up, sidious > bane in the force so hence forth he smashs him to pieces in a saber duel.

Darth Exodus
I'M NOT FUDGING NEBARIS!!! mad mad
I'm not acting stupid I just am( a bit) and I'm new!
And as for the quotes, well there's a bloody instruction manual in the post reply thing.( )
Anyway....

I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that but right now I need to catch a bus. I think it was in Wikipedia in the force powers section. Or underneath a clipart.

That we know of. And Revan could have met them in the outer rims.

It took Bane mounths to learn the forms and he has a huge learning rate. Luke didn't have enough time. And he wouldn't have known Vader's modified style any more than Bane would know Sidious' and he still prevailed.

Not enough time. It takes years to master Forms and Revan only had about a month. She still rock's though. Also no Form system in kotor1.

Have to go. see you tomorrow

fascistcrusader
Yep, its definitely a noobaris sock.

Darth Sexy
INdeed

Darth Hord
@Exodus

Ok first of all Revan is a guy. And it as never stated he had a month to learn different forms. It is fairly obvious that the very least he knew 2 forms. One form he used was with a single blade though we don't know what it was and based on the exile's memory of Revan (from the mando. wars) in the tomb on korriban he has practiced jar kai. And even if there was a month in between the events of the begining to end of kotor it does not discount the fact that it is possible for him to recover his memories of his previous saber forms and then there is the Tulak Hord holocron but we wont bother with that.

There was a at least a few months in between ESB and ROTJ plus it is possible Luke could learn a little about Vader's form since he did face him twice before ROTJ. Plus Luke beat Vader by using the darkside and giving into his anger while Vader wanted to use Luke to kill the emperor.

We would need proof of this. But it seems unlikely because he went in search of the true sith.

GahLakTus
I'M NOT FUDGING NEBARIS!!! mad mad
I'm not acting stupid I just am( a bit) and I'm new!
And as for the quotes, well there's a bloody instruction manual in the post reply thing.( )
Anyway.... Quit acting stupid , i KNOW who you are.

I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that but right now I need to catch a bus. I think it was in Wikipedia in the force powers section. Or underneath a clipart. And according to the novel he was not in a state of "rage"

That we know of. And Revan could have met them in the outer rims. Nothing to back your claims seeing the fact that revan went to look for the sith, not the fallanasi and the fact that according to POD, it was stated that all the techniques in revans holocron are dark sided techniques, not lightside techniques.

It took Bane mounths to learn the forms and he has a huge learning rate.
And the exile took mere minutes to learn them, does that mean shes better than bane? No.

Luke didn't have enough time.
He had 3 years from ANH to ROTJ.

And he wouldn't have known Vader's modified style any more than Bane would know Sidious' and he still prevailed. He still prevailed due to circumstances, hell even luke admits so post dark empire saying that vader could have easily killed him at any point of time if he wanted to.

Hell and unlike bane, luke does not rely on memorising saber sequences. Oh right nebaris, just because luke can beat vader in situation X it means bane can beat palpatine in a different situation where there are no circumstances.

How i forgot luke studied under yoda and obi wan whom were tutoring anakin for like what decades? Luke would have knowledge of vaders fighting style considering the fact that he fought vader in TESB where he would know how he fights.

Not enough time. It takes years to master Forms and Revan only had about a month. She still rock's though. Also no Form system in kotor1.
Its called "gameplay mechanics". That DOES not mean there are no forms because gameplay isn't canon. And revan had only one month? What have you been smoking? He has been studying in the academy for years until he became a sith lord, MORE than enough time to master saber forms.

Have to go. see you tomorrow

Darth Hord
I'm just gonna Revan does know lightside techniques since he was jedi before a sith and you simply don't forget them. And it would be weird for a sith lord to put lightside techniques in a sith holocron. Then of course he learns lightsided techniques after his mind was reprogrammed and he regains everything after kotor. But there is no chance that he knows the fallanasi technique.

Was the fallanasi even around during kotor?

GahLakTus
I doubt so, and even if he did met the fallanasi, he wouldn't have made the holocron because he made it as the DLOTS, not as the redeemed revan.

Darth Hord
And sith never would include a non-darkside technique which further lowers the already extremely low chance for Bane.

GahLakTus
Actually thats not true, lightside techniques can be extremely useful. Which is why palpatine went to master every single force power.

I think what your trying to say is revan or any sith wouldn't input lightside techniques in the holocron but rather dark side knowledge.

Darth Hord
Actually thats not true, lightside techniques can be extremely useful. Which is why palpatine went to master every single force power.

I think what your trying to say is revan or any sith wouldn't input lightside techniques in the holocron but rather dark side knowledge.

That is what I said, just without using the word holocron.

Lightsnake
A few things to put into perspective:
1.Palpatine's age means not a damn. He's in a younger body and can fight DAMN well with a lightsaber in it.
2. enough 'those Jedi were WIMPS' BS, because the rest of the former Jedi are only seen in video games, books or comics-not a great way of judging skill. Stop declaring canon hyperbole and cling like a lamprey to a single book. It's just plain sad

Darth Exodus
Sorry for lateness of reply's. I've been really busy

Believe what you want but can everyone just please stop calling me that. It's probably really insulting.

Revan can be, and for me always will be, a girl if I want her to be. Stop popping my dreams.

Unlikely, but possible. And we know next to nothing about the TEN years of Zannah training. Alot can happen in ten years.

Revan wasn't like other Sith.

Hell yeah she is!!! The Exile's potential is nearly limitless. That's why you could grow to lvl 70 in the game.

Hell and unlike bane, luke does not rely on memorising saber sequences.

Bane doesn't just rely on saber sequences. He got thrown off in that battle in the temple because he had never fought anyone with dual saber's. Just like Luke was off in his first fight with Lumiya.

Yoda didn't have a lightsaber (lost it in ROTS)so he couldn't have taught him anything (as we can see from Luke's wild fighting style) and he was only with Kenobi for 2 days or so.

And revan had only one month? What have you been smoking? He has been studying in the academy for years until he became a sith lord, MORE than enough time to master saber forms.

I'm talking about after she lost her memories. Including those of lightsaber styles.

Bane's a beast in combat with huge offensive and defencive capabilities and although Sidious is great too he would (just) lose.

Darth Sexy
Sorry for lateness of reply's. I've been really busy

You seem to lack any reasoning and logical abilities, as well as knowledge of star wars canon policy, so you ARE acting like Noobaris.

Nobody cares what you want Revan to be. Canonically, Revan is a male, the end.

Wtf does this even mean?

Gameplay mechanics aren't canon. You lose. The Exile is an average Jedi.

Yet HE regained all of his memories.

Yet again, nobody cares about your opinion. If it is contradictory of the facts, then you are wrong. Sidious is superior to Bane in both force and saber abilities, so BANE would lose.

Darth Hord
Revan is male.(I like popping dreams btw) This is canon so we refer to him as such. WTF do you mean Revan wasn't like other sith? Revan did fall for what seems to be a noble reason but then again so have others.

Ulic fell to try and conquer the Krath from the inside. Anakin fell to try and protect the one he loved and the same pretty much goes for Jacen. Luke fell in DE to try and destroy Sidious from inside his empire. But what all these characters have in common is that there goals become corrupt and they have fallen completely to the darkside. Read what is in Revan's holcoron. His words are that only which a true sith can speak. I don't care for Kreia's belief is because when was the last time she even saw Revan?

And btw there are quotes from canon sources that state Sidious is the most powerful sith lord in history.

Obi7
Bane takes this easily. He is the Sith chosen one.

Just joking. Sidious takes this hands down.

Sylar

Believe what you want but can everyone just please stop calling me that. It's probably really insulting.
Not an insult when its a fact

Revan can be, and for me always will be, a girl if I want her to be. Stop popping my dreams. Then your an idiot who shouldn't debate if you dont care for cannon

Unlikely, but possible. And we know next to nothing about the TEN years of Zannah training. Alot can happen in ten years.
That we will leave it as it is since we don't know.

Revan wasn't like other Sith. And?

Hell yeah she is!!! The Exile's potential is nearly limitless. That's why you could grow to lvl 70 in the game. Gameplay mechanics are not canon friend, Hell vader in EAW can destroy tanks larger than an ATAT in 5 seconds as well as destroy jabba's entire palace effortlessly

Bane doesn't just rely on saber sequences. He got thrown off in that battle in the temple because he had never fought anyone with dual saber's.
Thats because hes using a different saber sequence dumbass which bane didn't memorise.

Yoda didn't have a lightsaber (lost it in ROTS)so he couldn't have taught him anything (as we can see from Luke's wild fighting style) and he was only with Kenobi for 2 days or so. Don't necessarily need a saber to train another, a stick will do. Which is more important? The steps or the lightsaber itself?

I'm talking about after she lost her memories. Including those of lightsaber styles. Doesn't mean he is not using a lightsaber form or he wouldn't even be able to contend with malak at all, your an idiot beyond belief.

Bane's a beast in combat with huge offensive and defencive capabilities and although Sidious is great too he would (just) lose. Sidious would lose when he uses a form unknown to bane when it does not follow steps he remembers? Your more stupid than i thought.

Darth Exodus
Didn't you pay attention during the game. The Exile leeches power from her dead opponents and therefore has almost limitless potential. In time the Exile could be the greatest being ever in the history of Star wars and kick everyones butt. And remember, her story is not yet finished.

I have nothing against cannon and my words earlier were said in haste.

laughing laughing laughing How many avarage jedi do you know of who took on a whole temple of Sith, one unstoppable Sith lord and another Sith lord right after taking down a planet destroying monster. But we're not here to discuss the Exile so back on topic.

Please, lets not get personal here. I'm just saying that the Forms aren't all important. That odd red Twilek from RO2 pretty much beat a Jedi without the forms.

The only weak spot on Bane is his head. Any wounds to his hands grow back in about 2 seconds. He could probably grow his whole hand back in a min.

Darth Exodus
Just found this.

HA.

Also we know next to nothing about Bane saber Form in RO2. Mabye HE made Sisious' Saber form like he (seemed to) Made up Zannah's.

Darth Sexy
Didn't you pay attention during the game. The Exile leeches power from her dead opponents and therefore has almost limitless potential. In time the Exile could be the greatest being ever in the history of Star wars and kick everyones butt. And remember, her story is not yet finished.
Didn't YOU pay attention to the game? Gameplay mechanics aren't canon. Not to mention, the Exile is referred to as "average". Try again.

You clearly do since you make a conscious effort to argue against it.

And yet again, it's gameplay mechanics which have no bearing on reality.

Irrelevant. Yoda can move with speed Bane hasn't seen before.

Sylar
Just found this.

Oh really? I guess you forgot the part where the book itself states that bane had no defence against jar kai because he never memorised its sequence.

Darth Hord
Also we know next to nothing about Bane saber Form in RO2. Mabye HE made Sisious' Saber form like he (seemed to) Made up Zannah's.

We do know that he attacks like a wild animal and uses his physical strength in a duel. He likes to use his orbalisks as a weapon and hit his opponent with them and he even charged head on at the jedi without his saber being activated. So what is to stop Sidious from using lightning on a someone who is charging him with no actual weapon out. And for the record Sidious is not capable of using Bane's saber style because he incorporates the orbalisks into it. He did not really make up Zannah's style he taught her how to use a saber sure but how does that equate to making a saber style which sounds a lot like Soresu.

Lightsnake
Bane is a Djem So user. We know that.

This 'made up his own style' nonsense has to stop for every third Sith who happens to be good with a saber

Darth Exodus
Read the quote, loser. The Exile is far from average. Where does it refer to her as average, anyway? In your head, perhaps?

I have tyo argue against it because thats all you ever talk about. This is a discussion forum, as in you know, arguing. What else am I supposed to do.

I doubt that Bane (twisted genius that he is) would be stupid enough to try that against someone of Sidious' calibre. And Sidious' own style is
agressive as we can see in ROTS against Mace's companions.

Bull. Bane is one Fast devil. He creamed Zannah in their fight and she's a fast dualist. He took on 3 Jedi at once and won. He killed 8 Umbaran Shadow Assassins pretty darn quick. Yoda doesn't move that fast.

Not really. He changes his style because of the orbalisks.

Darth Exodus
Hang on. Why are we talking about Yoda?

Lightsnake
For what I hope is the last time: This is DE Palpatine. Some who moves with absolutely blinding speed and has mastered every form and style.

Prove he's fast as DE Palpatine or concede the point.

Yoda, by the way, also took on 3 Jedi masters at once, including Depa billaba at once and won, dodging them all without even drawing his saber. And turned an army of battle droids to scrap with his lightsaber. He DOES move that fast.

Force lightning and Bane is dead.
Bane's head. Wide open.

Palpatine>Bane in DE in every conceivable way

NateGreySummers
The four major feats people list for Palpatine:

1. He drained an entire Planet.

Right, except he never drained an entire planet, but an unknown amount of energy from one over several different points of time to slow down his rate of aging.

2. He drained billions of beings.

Right, except he never drained billions of beings, but an unknown amount over several different points of time for the same reason listed above.

3. He lifted the Lusyanka, and mindwiped millions.

Right, except these assertions at best are logical speculation, with no real basis in fact.

4. He can summon force storms.

Right, which is completely useless in a close ranged battle scenario, and which is ritualistic in nature, that doesn't draw off of Palpatine's power, and actually grants him control over them.

Yeah, that guy sure is one hell of a pimp.

Sylar
Originally posted by NateGreySummers
The four major feats people list for Palpatine:

3. He lifted the Lusyanka, and mindwiped millions.
According to the essential guide to characters and the almighty gideon, your wrong nebby. Nobody ever said he lifted the ship but the fact remains he DID mind wipe millions of people, and the tens and thousands needed to operate his ship.

Right, which is completely useless in a close ranged battle scenario, and which is ritualistic in nature, that doesn't draw off of Palpatine's power, and actually grants him control over them.

Yeah, that guy sure is one hell of a pimp. Apparantly it IS useful in a 1v1 situation, hell the audio book stated he was about to summon a force storm to rip luke and leia apart but was unable to do so because he was cut off the force before hand.

Gideon
Lol. Hey, Nebaris.

NateGreySummers
Who is this Nebaris that you speak of?

Gideon
Who is this Nebaris that you speak of?

Denial is of the dark side. no expression

A word of advice: if you don't want to be so easily identified, you might want to think up of more original expressions instead of ones that you've used numerous times ("ritualistic in nature"!).

I'm all for you sticking around and debating, but that's likely not gonna happen.

Captain REX
My money is on Sidious.

Gideon
Originally posted by Captain REX
My money is on Sidious.

This isn't some Star Wars strip club!

no expression

NateGreySummers
Originally posted by Sylar
According to the essential guide to characters

Which says nothing about Sidious doing that. Try reading the material first before referring to it.

Right, and the almighty Nate says Gideon doesn't know what he's talking about.

You quite clearly haven't even read the material, and don't know what you're talking about. That stuff's not stated anywhere in canon.

I really don't see why I'm even replying to someone who -- at best -- recycles other people's used arguments, but you're still wrong. Both the DE GN and SB state the same thing: that Palpatine was going to use the force storm to decimate the Rebel Alliance fleet, and that's all that's stated, and even if he were going to, it doesn't change the fact that there's nothing that suggests that Palpatine can use it on such a small scale without destroying himself. Given how he could just transfer his spirit into a clone body in case of physical death, it really wouldn't have mattered to him if he used it on Luke and Leia and destroyed himself in the process.

Gideon
And the previously established "ALMIGHTY GIDEON" (capital letters for dominance!) says that when you make some valid points on the issue, he will be happy to bring the issue up to debate.

You asserting that "he duz not kno wut hiz talcing abot!one!!11!" doesn't make it so, sport. wink

Sylar
Which says nothing about Sidious doing that. Try reading the material first before referring to it.
It was not stated under palpatine's profile nebby. Hell it was S_w_legend and gideon who provided the quote, i am merely stating what came from them, ESPECIALLY gideon whom i find that he has no reason to lie or make up shit seeing the fact it is safe to assume he has the widest knowledge of star wars in KMC and he knows where all the facts came from, if he didn't then why did he type out the quote?

Right, and the almighty Nate says Gideon doesn't know what he's talking about. Right zeh uber nebaris has no idea what anybody is talking about hence the "Gideon doesn't know what he's talking about"

You quite clearly haven't even read the material, and don't know what you're talking about. That stuff's not stated anywhere in canon. The thing is nebaris, why do you care so much for canon when at the same time you argue against it?

I really don't see why I'm even replying to someone who -- at best -- recycles other people's used arguments,
And when have i done that? Oh right making a claim which gideon prove = recycling others arguements.

but you're still wrong. Both the DE GN and SB state the same thing: that Palpatine was going to use the force storm to decimate the Rebel Alliance fleet, and that's all that's stated, and even if he were going to, it doesn't change the fact that there's nothing that suggests that Palpatine can use it on such a small scale without destroying himself. Given how he could just transfer his spirit into a clone body in case of physical death, it really wouldn't have mattered to him if he used it on Luke and Leia and destroyed himself in the process. Go listen to the audio book, again you FAIL to acknowledge canon, another indicator that you ARE nebaris.

Argue all you want nebby, i'm piss tired of arguing with a social reject and an outcast of society.

fascistcrusader
How many socks do you have, neb?

NateGreySummers
And the previously established "ALMIGHTY GIDEON" (capital letters for dominance!) says that when you make some valid points on the issue, he will be happy to bring the issue up to debate.

You asserting that "he duz not kno wut hiz talcing abot!one!!11!" doesn't make it so, sport. wink

Yeah, because I'm really going to post every single piece of canon SW material and analyse them sentence by sentence just to prove that you're wrong. Right. The guy who pretends to watch Heroes was claiming that something that doesn't exist in canon actually exists in canon, and indicated that you were the one who originally pointed this out. I know for a fact that such a thing is never stated or shown in canon, ergo if what "The guy who pretends to watch Heroes" was saying about you is true, you quite clearly don't actually know what you're talking about.

*waits for a burden of proof fallacy from a certain someone*

BTW, wink at me and call me "sport" ever again, and I will bombard your Private Messages box with Ushgarak's private collection of Hentai pictures, and believe me, that's some nasty sh1t.

xxxpoppunker182
I don't see why everyone thinks bane is so great? in RO2 the echani jedi would have killed him in easily if it weren't for his orbalisks.
on page 275 in RO2 last paragraph of the page

"raskta's blue blades flickered too quickly for the eye to see , neutralizing her enemy's initial, wild attack then landing half a dozen lethal blows to his chest and abdomen"

without his armor raskta would have annihilated bane in seconds.

Sidious would have no problem with Bane at all.

And Exodus you arguing with canon(fact) is like going up to your mother or father and arguing that the attack on the world trade center never happened.

do you understand that if something is fact no matter how much you try to argue against it you are still wrong.

Darth Hord
. *waits for a burden of proof fallacy from a certain someone*

Inferring that Bane can beat Sidious and Luke in 1v1 battles. Insulting a mod as well as Saying Sylar is using recycled arguments. You seem to know a lot about the users here while only registering on December 15 and Nebaris last account was banned about a week before and you argue for the same things.Downplaying Sidious. The talk of burden of proof sounds very familiar too. Appears to know a lot more than most new comers and has access to numerous sources. Not main traits that a true newcomer would have and there is no way that it is a coincidence.

Conclusion:Nebaris ..............why do you even bother coming back? Why don't you start fresh on some other board and stay off kmc because this is getting old real fast you have easily been banned over 10 times and yet here you are again. I have nothing against you but this is just ridiculous now.

NateGreySummers
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I don't see why everyone thinks bane is so great?

Well, perhaps his strength in the force - stated as being far greater than the entire BoD's - is one reason.

Or, perhaps, how he was able to absorb energy (in the form of lightning) so powerful that it was described as consuming "anything and everything in its path" and was said to have eventually destroyed the entire planet if all the Sith Lords had kept the ritual going, fully harnesses it, and redirects it with a planet wide scale.

Clearly you missed the part where Bane doesn't give a shit about defending himself properly with the protection provided by his orbalisk armour. He even runs right at a Jedi without his lightsaber activated at one point; would you argue he'd do the same without the armour in this case as well?

Please. Perhaps if we were to go by your absurd logic. Nothing even points to Sidious being a top 10 force user. He's a second rate force user at best.

Darth Sexy
Yep, clearly Noobaris. Arguing against canon and logic. Rex, can you ban this fool? He embarasses himself everytime he comes back here. Second rate force user, LOL.. Yes, lets argue with GL, various canon sources, and the ancient sith. What a moron.

Gideon
Yeah, because I'm really going to post every single piece of canon SW material and analyse them sentence by sentence just to prove that you're wrong. Right. The guy who pretends to watch Heroes was claiming that something that doesn't exist in canon actually exists in canon, and indicated that you were the one who originally pointed this out. I know for a fact that such a thing is never stated or shown in canon, ergo if what "The guy who pretends to watch Heroes" was saying about you is true, you quite clearly don't actually know what you're talking about.

*waits for a burden of proof fallacy from a certain someone*

BTW, wink at me and call me "sport" ever again, and I will bombard your Private Messages box with Ushgarak's private collection of Hentai pictures, and believe me, that's some nasty sh1t.

So, the above diatribe is essentially useless; you don't have the "desire" (aka, the means) to prove your "point".

Sheesh, Nebaris. I stick up for your intellect and you let me down. Again. Better luck next time, sport. wink

NateGreySummers
1. Nihilus.
2. Sekot.
3+. Various powerful Ancient Sith.
4. Sion.
5. Nyax.
6. Luke.
7. Jacen.
8. Raynar.
9. Lomi Plo.
10. Kyp.
11. Bane.
12. Exar.
13. Nadd.
14. Sidious. thumb down

Unlucky about that.

Gideon
1. Nihilus.
2. Sekot.
4. Sion.
5. Nyax.
6. Luke.
7. Jacen.
8. Raynar.
9. Lomi Plo.
10. Kyp.
11. Bane.
12. Exar.
13. Nadd.
14. Sidious. thumb down

Unlucky about that.

A list? LOL.

That's the best you've got? Guess we better watch our backs for the nights you've gotta pick up groceries.

Raise your game or get the hell off the court.

Sport. wink

NateGreySummers
Sport. wink

LOL. Clearly someone's desperate to get their eyes on Ush's private picture collection. If you really want to see it, you only have to ask Gideon.

NateGreySummers
Bastilla > Sidious.

Gideon
LOL. Clearly someone's desperate to get their eyes on Ush's private picture collection. If you really want to see it, you only have to ask Gideon.

I consider myself a patron of the arts. Sport. wink

...Yet she didn't favor your grocery list. Really, Nebaris, I was under the impression that your banter was much more refined. This is the poorest attempt at baiting I've seen.

NateGreySummers
My refinement of the art of banter is of the highest degree, I'll have you know. By the way, Pubilus is cheating on you. With Darth Subjekt. Thought you should know.

NateGreySummers
KotOR > Sidious. no expression

Gideon
My refinement of the art of banter is of the highest degree, I'll have you know. By the way, Pubilus is cheating on you. With Darth Subjekt. Thought you should know.

It's a friends-with-benefits sort've deal. No strings attached. That kind of deal might work for you; doubt you're string is long enough for a real relationship. wink

NateGreySummers
Someone's been watching too much One Tree Hill. Now this is my last warning. Wink at me ONE MORE TIME and I'll actually get Kadesh to show you his penis. Serious this time.

BTW:

AHHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHA!

You're grammer is stuuuuuupidid! big grin

Gideon
Aaagh! I have been defeated with superior grammar. I concede defeat.

Darth Sexy
Your art of banter is at the highest degree? You sound like an incompetent, flaming lunatic. A normal person who has taken as much punishment as you and who has to live with your characteristics every single day of his life, would have pulled the trigger a long time ago.

Darth Hord
1. Nihilus.
2. Sekot.
4. Sion.
5. Nyax.
6. Luke.
7. Jacen.
8. Raynar.
9. Lomi Plo.
10. Kyp.
11. Bane.
12. Exar.
13. Nadd.
14. Sidious. thumb down

Unlucky about that.

I knew I remembered reading some lists with similar names before and here are a few of them from "The top 10 force users thread"
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=397758&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by Mic Assassin
Here's my list anyway:
~ Zanama Sekot.
1. DN Luke Skywalker.
2. DE Sidious.
3. BotS Bane.
4. TSW Exar Kun.
5. Lord Nyax.
6. Jacen Solo.
7. Kyp Durron.
8. Darth Nihilus.
9. KotOR Revan.
10. Raynar Thul.

Originally posted by Apollo Cloud
1. Luke Skywalker.
2. Kyp Durron.
3. Jedi Master Revan.
4. Darth Bane.
5. Darth Sidious.
6. Darth Nihilus.
7. Jacen Solo.
8. Exar Kun.
9. UnuThul
10. Lord Nyax.

I'm ignoring general unknowns (such as entities that we only get to see the ghost of (Ajunta Pall, Marka Ragnos, Freedon Nadd), or never really get to see display their true power (Zanama Sekot (the fact that it's also a planet is making me disregard Zanama too), Kol Skywalker, Darth Krayt etc.)).
Then later on in the same thread Apollo aka Nebaris puts the zanama sekot on top of his list and he makes a few other lists to Similar to the 3 above but I wont post those. Also note that Sithari in the thread link I posted above was Nebaris too.

Anyway these were old Nebaris accounts that were banned and they look similar to a certain Nategrey's list. And they seem argue the same thing. So welcome back Nebaris......well at least till this account gets banned.

Sylar
Someone's been watching too much One Tree Hill. Now this is my last warning. Wink at me ONE MORE TIME and I'll actually get Kadesh to show you his penis. Serious this time.

HAH too bad you been banned or you would have read this, this alone indicates you ARE the infamous nebaris. And why would i want to flash my penis at somebody whom i don't know when i can get a blow job from my girl friend for free? Your an embarrasment to mankind.

@Darth hord.

Do i really look like i recycle other peoples arguements?

MadMel
how long do you reckon till he's back?

Darth Hord
@Sylaer No

And I give him about 2 weeks till he is back.

MadMel
fair enough erm

Darth Exodus
What in the name of Odin's giant spear just happened.

Darth Hord
^Nebaris

fascistcrusader
Isn't it funny how Darth Exodus was inactive while Neb's NateGreySummers account was typing up a storm, and DE came back after NGS got banned. My belief that he is another neb sock is now set in stone.

Darth Hord
I did noticed and now another sock from Neb is here.

I have conspiracy theory of sorts that DE was here to goads us into posting why Sidious is greater than Bane in every shape and form just so NEb. can make another account to actually argue it.

Originally posted by Darth Hord
And I give him about 2 weeks till he is back.

I as wrong it wasn't even a full 24 hours no expression

MadMel
oh well laughing out loud

Darth Hord
Win some lose some no expression

fascistcrusader
I did noticed and now another sock from Neb is here.

He didn't even take the time to make a new sock. He's still using the sock he used during NateGreySUmmer's temp ban.

MadMel
Originally posted by Darth Hord
Win some lose some no expression
if only there was a way to prevent socks erm

FootGarment
Good God I have people I've never even spoken to bitching about me.

fascistcrusader

You know your idiocy is legendary when....

MadMel
indeed stick out tongue

FootGarment
Originally posted by fascistcrusader

You know your idiocy is legendary when....

I was gonna go easy on you, but this really hurt my feelings. Be prepared for the picture-posting-level-what-the-fvck-barbecue-pwnage. Also, you're not gangster enough to use italics. Learn how to use the quote feature, faggotcrusader.

Darth Sexy
Noobaris, you're the biggest joke on these forums. Don't you think it's time to hang yourself?

FootGarment
Lol. I can't say I'm not flattered by this apparent envy, David, but it's no longer cute, it's actually getting quite lame. Now, get lippy again, and I'll be forced to upload a picture of a George Foreman Grill with the words "PWNED" across it in big red letters.

Darth Sexy
Once again. Poor pathetic Noobaris.

fascistcrusader
How adorable, he thinks after all his foolish mistakes his criticisms are valid. Listen, nebby, I know perfectly well how to quote, but I feel italics look better, and leave my posts looking cleaner and more pristine.

FootGarment
If you really want your posts looking more pristine and clean, then I'd suggest removing that ugly ass avatar and signature. Also, none of that even matters because the fact remains, sir, that you are no way near gangster enough to use it. Now, try posting a reply to where you got completely owned, before talking about my "foolish mistakes."

FootGarment
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Once again. Poor pathetic Noobaris.

You really don't possess an tidbit of wit, do you?

Darth Sexy
An tidbit? I rest my case moron. Btw Noobaris, you've never pwned anybody. In fact I've never seen anyone who's been pwned more than you. It's worse than Houston 500.

FootGarment
You are such a idiot, now hush ur mout'.

Gideon
Originally posted by FootGarment
You are such a idiot, now hush ur mout'.

Haha! Ur so funny! Ur so wity!!1!oneone!!1!

MadMel
this is getting beyond sad..

Elite Hunter
He is banned!!!! Happy Dance ....................for now sad

MadMel
why does he come back?
does he get some twisted pleasure in getting constantly owned?? erm

Captain REX
I laugh at his feeble attempt to annoy people...

Carry on with the topic, please. Thanks guys.

fascistcrusader
I don't know where he gets his logic, but when you post a link of your opponent getting owned, it shouldn't link to a topic in which you got owned, especially not by that same person you so desperately want to own.

And how he finds my beautiful sig and avatar combo ugly is more ridiculous than all the Spears' sisters latest actions combined.

Darth Exodus
Sorry I've been away for so long but I,ve been bogged down in a levels and revision. For the record im not nooberis and nothing you can say will change that. Bane would totally own sidous, face it big grin big grin

fascistcrusader
Looks like he was keeping the exodus account inactive to save it for a time he couldn't make any more socks.

Elite Hunter
Sorry I've been away for so long but I,ve been bogged down in a levels and revision. For the record im not nooberis and nothing you can say will change that. Bane would totally own sidous, face it big grin big grin

For the record you are and also for the record Sidious>Bane and there is nothing "seashells" can do about it.

Ivalice

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/633/sock20partsyt0.jpg

Darth Exodus
Wow. That really hurt my feelings Sylar. You should become a politician or something and then we could all worship you. sick sick

For the sake of humanity I hope that you can all recognise sarcasm.

The only similarity that Neberis and myself share is that we agree on vaguely similare things. It's not my fault that he's smart. I shouldn't be punished for that.

Darth Exodus
Hello.

Anyone there?

Ivalice
Wow. That really hurt my feelings Sylar.
Pff like you even have any. I'm sorry but did i burst your ball sack?

MadMel
The only similarity that Neberis and myself share is that we agree on vaguely similare things
not to mention the lack of modesty..
and the fact that you agree on absolutely everything he does erm

Darth Exodus
Obviously you can't recognise sarcasm!

Not really...

Did someone mention seashells.

Ivalice
Obviously you can't recognise sarcasm! Oh but the thing is i did, just that i was not impressed by your pathetic attempt at trying to be sarcastic and in the end i purposely made an absurd which makes you more stupid than you currently are.

Darth Exodus
Yeah, that didn't really work. You actually made yourself look more stupid. And more stupid than omniscience is mere genius. I think I'm cool with that.

Ivalice
Yeah, that didn't really work. You actually made yourself look more stupid. And more stupid than omniscience is mere genius. I think I'm cool with that. Actually it did considering the fact that you replied, oh and please DO talk about stupidity, if you think i'm more stupid than you are please DO think again seeing that just about everybody in KMC thinks your a dumb**** and shows no form of respect to you where they would to a stray pariah dog instead.

Darth Exodus
Wow. Unpopularity. As a lover of star wars I've never had to deal with that before. I feel soooooo lonely sad

fascistcrusader
Why couldn't they have banned this account when they banned the Omega one?

Elite Hunter
^Not enough proof.

fascistcrusader
That's a shame. Nebaris doesn't deserve a trial.

Darth Exodus
Those are really surprising words to be said by a Fascist.
You are the guys that believe in love and peace right?

And I am sooooo not Neberis.

Darth Exodus
By the by, I am myself a Fascist.

fascistcrusader
Whatever you say Nebaris.

Darth Exodus
Ooooookay
I know that the reason that you all think that Sisious is great is because of his alleged speed. However what you fail to grasp is that Bane produced simulare results in his books.
In POD he was said to be 'everywhere at once' and 'invisible'.
And in RO2 it was said that it seemed that he had 16 'sabers at once.

In terms of strength Bane must take it. He not only augments it with the Force but also his orbalisks add to that. He was able to crush a crystal construct with one hand ( dunno if its solid though).
Sisious on the other hand got overpowered by a 2-foot tall pile of puke (see the movie).

Bane has also done numerous display's of his power that we are all fimiliar with.

Lastly Bane's orbalisks give him huge protection and force ability.

Most of you still cling to the illusion that Sisious is 'the most powerful Sith of all time'.
This just isn't true.
You all seem to be forgetting someone who was even more powerful than Sisious and was admitted to be by Sisious himself.

I speak of course of Darth Plagueis. The man/ thing with the power to create life itself and who did in the form of our very own Chosen one.
He's also getting his own novel which is more than Sisious has ever gotten wacko wacko sick

Toodles.

Elite Hunter

You all seem to be forgetting someone who was even more powerful than Sisious and was admitted to be by Sisious himself.

I speak of course of Darth Plagueis. The man/ thing with the power to create life itself and who did in the form of our very own Chosen one.
He's also getting his own novel which is more than Sisious has ever gotten

Toodles.

He never said that that Plageuis was more powerful than him.So you can stop your lies. Please post all the great combat related feats that Plagueis has oh wait thats right ZERO. And creating life doesn't have to mean he is can compare with ROTS or DE Sidious. And his novel as canceled so once again you fail as you do every time you show your face.

Darth Exodus
'He had such a knowledge of the Darkside that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying'- Sisious

'Jedi gain power from knowledge. Sith gain knowledge from power'-Vader

'He became so powerful that.....'-Sisious

He created Life from the force, unlocked the very secrets to life itself. He created the ultimate being (powerwise) a feat which Sisious never even attempted (despite the practical upshot) and it was said that Plagueis taught Palps everything he knew so he must of known the technique but was too weak to use it. He also had to resort to killing Plagueis in his sleep like a complete wuss. He obviously thought that he couldn't take him in a fight. thumb down thumb down

Why did they cancel his book!!? That would have kicked ass!!! What the f**k? sad

Darth Sexy
'He had such a knowledge of the Darkside that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying'- Sisious

He created Life from the force, unlocked the very secrets to life itself. He created the ultimate being (powerwise) a feat which Sisious never even attempted (despite the practical upshot) and it was said that Plagueis taught Palps everything he knew so he must of known the technique but was too weak to use it. He also had to resort to killing Plagueis in his sleep like a complete wuss. He obviously thought that he couldn't take him in a fight. thumb down thumb down

Why did they cancel his book!!? That would have kicked ass!!! What the f**k? sad

Except there's no proof that Sidious was telling Anakin the truth about Plagueis, nor Plagueis' success in manipulating midichlorians, so it's all speculation. Sorry Noobaris.

Darth Exodus
Well I don't think that they would start making a book about him if he wasn't real. And if Sisious was making him up then he would have said that he killed him in a less pansy way.
And it's been stated as FACT on Wookiepedia etc that Anakin was created by Plagueis. One of the criteria for being the Chosen one was his imaculate conception.

Darth Sexy
ROFL.... Wookiepedia isn't canon. GL specifically stated that he will let the fans make up their own conclusion, so try again.

Darth Exodus
Well how about the fact that Shmi (or whatever) said that Anakin had no father. Why the hell would she lie?
Taking that, all we know about Plagueis and the Wookiepedia reference then you have some pretty damning evidence.

Elite Hunter

Sith don't have to teach their apprentices everything they know. (though Bane might tnnik otherwise) in fact in Jedi vs Sith. Sidious pretty much calls Naga Sadow a fool for putting all of his knowledge into his holocron and Sidious basically says he would never do that, So Plagueis didn't have to teach the power to sidious furthermore we don't know if thus technique could be taught to someone. And killing someone in there sleep may not be the bravest but if he could prevent others from dieling like sidious suggests he(plagueis) can do than it is not far fetched that he could do the same for himself when he is awake. So a battle could end in sidious's death.

caedusrulesall
I just saw this so I'm not going to attempt to participate in the debate and go straight to the actual topic.

Sabers: Don't know. They could probably match each other, with Sidious not being able to use Force Lightning to get past the orbalisks I don't know.

Force: Sidious. Force Lightning kills orbalisks, which release the deadly toxin into Bane.

All-Out: Sidious. Refer to Force comments.

RIP Bane.

As a side note, you know who Nebaris reminds me of? Lomi Plo. I mean, he's got a whole army of socks (like Lomi has Killiks) that are in the end controlled by the same person and have one mind. He also slips in and out of conversation whenever Bane/Revan etc. is mentioned like Lomi can slip in and out of minds. Finally, he cloaks his presence (albeit not like Lomi can with other's doubts) and only actually comes out of hiding when he thinks he needs to debate his twisted ideas. So he really is like Lomi Plo, just without her cunning and ability to win things.

Gideon
I stumbled upon further information regarding the full scope and magnitude of Emperor Palpatine's Force mastery; this information seems to even further cement his dominion over his predecessor.

Byss and the Deep Core, http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20050414planet1]

These three passages indicate a great deal about the Emperor's power. Apparently (and prior to his resurrection), his sheer presence and dark side energies was sufficient to make a "once lush and fertile planet" into "one of the most powerful dark side sites in the entire galaxy", whereas locations such as Korriban and Ziost seemingly required centuries upon centuries of population by Sith Lords and other dark side abominations. Furthermore, he used his "dark Force powers" to enslave the denizens of the planet to the point that they were "almost mindless". He also maintained enough control to leech off their life energies without apparently killing them.

MutantMessiah
I stumbled upon further information regarding the full scope and magnitude of Emperor Palpatine's Force mastery; this information seems to even further cement his dominion over his predecessor.

Further cement? Further what? Fallible quotes and Palpatine's worthless Force Storms? Please, as soon as Palpatine displays anything even close to the ability that Bane does, that is, being able to absorb a planet destroying level of energy, contain it, and direct it across an entire planet, he's logically not as powerful. Nothing you've ever said changes that, and the same goes for what you've said here.

Nice new piece of information there Gideon, but essentially worthless. All the feat equates to is that it took a large period of time ("slowly"wink for Palpatine's dark side powers to affect the landscape of the planet, and turn it into one of the largest sources of the dark side.

Bane, on the other hand, was able to use his powers to absorb a far greater level of power in the space of a few hours, so his force defence is clearly considerable, and there's logically not anything that Palpatine would be able to successfully use against him. He was also able to keep control over the power, and direct it across Ruusan, so his mastery tops anything displayed from Palpatine as well.

Also, just because the text directly refers to Palpatine's dark side energies rather than Palpatine himself, it doesn't mean that it was necessarily a natural product of them. Palpatine could have actively set out to do what happened, and it would have still been his dark side energies that achieved the eventual result. In which case, the feat is largely similar to what Darth Rivan did to Almas with his force created Kaluthin Plant, which he covered the entire planet with. Nowhere near as impressive as you appear to think it is.

Again, all this really proves is that Palpatine was never able to use his force powers on an entire planet without having to slowly do so. Freedon Nadd was able to use his force powers to conquer an entire planet, and a pretty militant one at that (the People of Onderon had been at war with the beasts from Dxun). Yet another feat of Palpatine's replicated by another Sith Lord.

Constantly = hyperbole. The other passage outright states that he did so "slowly but steadily."

They really don't. He was able to use his powers to slowly achieve what others have before him. Pretty ridiculous given how you're always trying to assert him being the #1 Sith, and this is the best that you can support that title with.

Also, just because the text directly refers to Palpatine's dark side energies rather than Palpatine himself, it doesn't mean that it was necessarily a natural product of them. Palpatine could have actively set out to do what happened, and it would have still been his dark side energies that achieved the eventual result.

Your assertion that it required all of that lacks proof.

And exactly how did he do that? What were the circumstances? How many did he do this to? Did he do it to a large group of individuals all at once, or to them individually? How much time did it take him?

I'm sorry, but even if he was able to do it to the entire population all at once in seconds, the feat pails in comparison to what Darth Nihilus does to the life on Katarr, or what an unnamed Ancient Sith was able to do to the life on Ambria.

Apparently without killing them? Did you sit down and have Sunday brunch with the author or something? Please tell me where it's even hinted that he was able to keep them alive, and even then, substantiate the control required, as you appear to think it puts Palpatine on par with the real titans of the Sith, when he's really not.

Gideon
I'm afraid not, Nebaris. It is not simply enough to assert fallibility and not prove it; as I have told you before, on countless occasions, that you label the quotes as "vague" or "ambiguous" simply does not make it so. Furthermore, as to the authenticity of Palpatine's Force Storms, the Dark Empire Sourcebook describes it as "perhaps the most powerful Force ability ever known" , his control over the technique was impressive, for he could alter the mode of the Storm from destruction to mere teleportation, and deposite Luke Skywalker into a Lictor-class prison ship. So, one could argue that Palpatine himself channelled "planet destroying level of energy" -- except, unlike Bane -- there was no ritual required. It didn't take several Sith Lords to summon this energy. Palpatine simply did it himself. Furthermore, Palpatine was able to, according to the Ultimate Visual Guide, to summon and channel numerous Ancient Sith spirits at once. And, to nail the coffin shut, Palpatine was able to endure lethal blasts of Force lightning to his face -- with enough force (no pun intended) being emitted that it was pushing Mace Windu's (a Jedi whose physique and physical power are both legendary; his defeat of Confederacy armies bare-handed on Dantooine (I believe) and his subsequent defeat of Kar Vastor) own lightsaber back towards him to the point that he was "choking on ozone"; the same Windu who is the ultimate and only master of the "deadliest" lightsaber fighting form. Palpatine's face literally melted and deformed, and this occured for a long duration of time, yet he was only "feigning weakness". Yet Darth Bane, in a similar situation, despite being many years younger, physically stronger, and -- you assert -- more powerful... put himself into a coma and nearly died. Seems to me that Palpatine quite handily takes the cake.

Essentially worthless? That one man singlehandedly transformed "a once lush and fertile world" into "one of the strongest dark side sites in the galaxy"? The period of time is irrelevant. It actually makes the feat more impressive, since, according to the Ultimate Visual Guide and other sources, Emperor Palpatine "hardly ever" leaves Coruscant. Ergo, it can be surmised that, over the course of two decades, Palpatine's presence was potent enough to cause planet-wide geological and metaphysical changes to a planet he hardly visited.

Once again, your assertions fail to make it so, Nebaris. It is ultimately Palpatine who, at a period of advanced age and physical frailty, was able to absorb more punishment than Darth Bane.

That calls for speculation, I'm afraid, aside from being a very pathetic red herring. Really, Nebaris, if you're going to try to distract people from the text by asserting that "Palpatine might have wanted to do it", let a better point result from it. As I have said before, however, Palpatine hardly ever went to Byss, so occupied was he on Coruscant and further training himself in the dark side of the Force.

I'm afraid you fail to make a point, Nebaris. Freedon Nadd conquered a hostile planet, whereas Byss was already subjugated under the Galactic Empire. This wasn't about "conquering a planet" so much as it was "enslaving a planet", and making it a virtual, planet-sized Sith laboratory. Which Palpatine did. By himself. With the Force. When he hardly visited.

It is not a hyperbole. I am not saying that the Emperor just hacked away at their life energies and took all he wanted. But he did so constantly ('steadily')... when he was hardly ever there.

I'm afraid that they really do. You've yet to prove that Darth Bane "channelled and absorbed more power". Especially when the then-Chancellor Palpatine was able to absorb Force lightning full-on in the face, whereupon it melted, in an inferior position for a long duration of time, yet still demonstrate enough power to nearly kill Jedi Master Mace Windu -- and all the while, the only weakness demonstrated was 'feigned'. Darth Bane put himself into a coma in a surprisingly stupid maneuver, despite being protected by orbalisks. And that Bane was killed when he clearly didn't absorb the attack is proof enough that his lightning is a far cry from being "planet-destroying power" like you credit the Force Storm to be. Ergo, one can conclude that the incident on Ruusan was "ritualistic in nature". wink

Dealt with already.

I'm afraid the text simply proves that he did so to the entire planet, despite hardly ever being present on the planet itself.

Excellent. I'm sure you'll have no problem proving it.

Simple facts, Nebaris. Palpatine would use the life energies for his dark side experiments, as well as to prolong his own life. That Byss's population is well in the billions and that it was his secret throne world, where he built up a small mini-empire, one can safely conclude that he did not attempt to butcher the people there. As for Palpatine being "on par" with the real titans of the Sith, he's not. He's above them. The numerous statements speak for themselves, as does this.

We need to get past the stages of grief. The first is denial. Palpatine is the most powerful Sith in history, and perhaps, with help, you can finally put your angered, tempered, unwilling attempt to contradict that to rest.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>