Magneto and Wonder Woman fight in a scrapyard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidermonkey
Magneto vs Wonder Woman

No Ring outs

Wonder Woman has standard equipment only.

They fight in a scrapyard, junkyard, or whatever you call a place where there is A LOT of metal.

Fight 1. Magneto's shields ARE NOT up before the fight starts.

Fight 2. Magneto's shields ARE up before the fight starts.

I have two questions:

1. Can Wonder Woman's "metal," that is protected by DC's Greek Pantheon's magic, be magnetized?

and 2. How fast can Magneto put up his shields?

2damnloud
She speed blitzes him in both fights.

Fight one is self explanatory. Speed Blitz, Mags head pops off.

Fight two- She speed blitzes and wraps the lasso around his shield making it go down, then she uses the lasso like a noose, swinging him around at supersonic speeds until his neck is rung like a chicken.

Result,WW 10/10

dawsey28
Could Wonder Woman not use her lasso and "compel" Magneto to take his shields down?

1.http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww2147vszoom5qa.jpg
2.http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ww181lassofire3ie.jpg
3.http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla75p414hj.jpg
4.http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla04617.jpg
5.http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=JLA-ALeagueOfOnepg037.jpg
6.http://img295.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jla00411n0qb.jpg
7.http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=warofthegods04376lj.jpg

dawsey28
Originally posted by spidermonkey
Can Wonder Woman's "metal," that is protected by DC's Greek Pantheon's magic, be magnetized?

Well, whether or not her "metal" can be magnetized is debatable.

There's this:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2620/drpolaris20vs20jla20281bf6.jpg

that suggests her "metal" can be magnetized, but it is also debatable whether or not that scan is PIS. It is even debatable if her bracelets were even magnetized there.

Although to be fair, Magneto did magnetize Thor's hammer, Mjolnir:http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/MightilyOats/Magneto87.jpg

Then again, in the New Mutants when he fights the Avengers in the snow, he can't affect Captain America's shield. But he did affect it in above scan, so...

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by dawsey28
Could Wonder Woman not use her lasso and "compel" Magneto to take his shields down?
That... makes no sense...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Could they both put up thier shields and stand there for eternity?
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
Who shot J.R.?
Who is Anna Nicole's baby Daddy?

dawsey28
erm What happened to the versus forum? Seriously. sad

Mr. Slippyfist
erm What happened to the versus forum? Seriously. sad Hypocrites?
Wrongful accusations that last?
Shit debaters thinking they are better than everyone else?
Actual trolls?
Spam?
Nvr?
"Last Word" arguments?

If you're like Bran though, you can see the light... but also like the chaos. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl

Elitists
People being complete jerks for no reason
People underselling characters they dont' like instead of giving fair judgements
migrations from other forums
Cat pic posting Jerks

Nod
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Elitists
People being complete jerks for no reason
People underselling characters they dont' like instead of giving fair judgements
migrations from other forums
Cat pic posting Jerks

Stop posting and then there goes 50 percent of everything on that list. yes

Badabing
Stop baiting Nvr please.

Laguna L
What got into Nvr?

Anyway WW beats Mags, easily. Speedblitz ftw.

Val
A lot of people just stopped caring.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Laguna L
What got into Nvr?

Anyway WW beats Mags, easily. Speedblitz ftw.
Nothings got into Nvr. The forum elistist have just been really pushing my buttons lately. I wish something did get into nvr. I could use .................

Val
Nothings got into Nvr. The forum elistist have just been really pushing my buttons lately. I wish something did get into nvr. I could use .................
Reported. sick

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
Reported. sick I'm so glad I could help you into a state of nausea.

Val
I'm so glad I could help you into a state of nausea.
I hit the wrong smilie. Truth is your post was rather orgasmic.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Val
I hit the wrong smilie. Truth is your post was rather orgasmic.

God I hope not. sick

Bouboumaster
Magneto loose the first, win the second.

spidermonkey
I have two questions:

1. Can Wonder Woman's "metal," that is protected by DC's Greek Pantheon's magic, be magnetized?

and 2. How fast can Magneto put up his shields?

JakeTheBank
1. I suppose it's possible. Mjolnir can be, and that weapon is magically augmented.

2. Really fast.

Kris Blaze
We dun have no junkyard dawg

Q99
Is she allowed to remove her gear? Take off the bracers and tiara, then just go to town with the lasso only?

Because that'd definitely make for an easier win.

-

Didn't it take pretty much all of Magneto's concentration to stop Mjolnir? A tug of war with her gear might not be a good idea, I'm pretty sure he'd tire before Diana would.

KingD19
Didn't Dr.Polaris already magnetize her bracelets?? So they should be able to be manipulated. Plus, stop using Speedblitz, she hardly ever speedblitzes, and she knows nothing about his powers, why would she??

With or without his shields, her gear doesn't even matter, as soon as the fight starts, he skewers her with the whole junkyard.

/thread

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Didn't Dr.Polaris already magnetize her bracelets?? So they should be able to be manipulated.

Yea, so that'll work. Though Magneto doesn't have the power Polaris did at that point (crazy, going all-out, and getting a power-boost from controlling the Earth's pole).

His name is 'Magneto'. It's kinda a giveaway.

She used it occasionally, so it's not out of the question.

The junkyard stuff is just scrap metal, it's not going to take her down.

KingD19
WW is piss poor against piercing damage, blunt force trauma she can handle, but swords and things can cut her. I'm sure he can sharpen enough metal to skewer her rosy amazonian flesh.

Who said that she knew anything about him, even his name?
And she uses it when necessary, and when she thinks it's good, you see an old man in purple and red spandex, do you think speedblitz?

And I thought we used people at their prime, meh.

I will say this, even if his shields aren't up when the match starts, they'll be up almost instantly, and they can take just about any punishment Wondy can dish out.

Blanket
Somebody noobtubes across the map and spawn kills WW, while somebody camping in the plane Model 1887's Mags.

TheKahn
In both cases WW wins. She has massive advantages in strength, speed, durability, and, perhaps most importantly, stamina. Imo, Magneto will have to pump all his power into his shields to keep her from ripping his spine out ala Mortal Kombat. So I don't see him being able to toss around much scrap metal at her. Sooner or later, He is going to tire and then the fight is over. The shield is all he has that keeps him in this fight.

Blanket
Has Magneto ever really tired in his classic form?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blanket
Has Magneto ever really tired in his classic form?

I don't know if its ever been plainly stated or come up in a fight before, but I don't see how his mutant power would give him anything other than human-level stamina. Even if he was just standing still and not exerting himself, he'd still tire long before WW, imo.

KingD19
Nope, the only times he's ever really been tired is if he's been weakened previously or by some plot device. And after he became one with the planet, he was even more powerful. His forcefields have taken shots from Thor, Phoenix, Galactus, nukes. WW really has nothing to throw at him, while he has a whole junkyard of pointy metal to work with.

And he's easily capable of keeping his shields up and attacking at the same time, it's basically how he wins all his fights.

And he can charge himself to increase his strength/durability/stamina

Blanket
Originally posted by TheKahn
I don't know if its ever been plainly stated or come up in a fight before, but I don't see how his mutant power would give him anything other than human-level stamina. Even if he was just standing still and not exerting himself, he'd still tire long before WW, imo. His reflexes are 14.5 times greater than a human's... evidently his mutant power does affect that. Seeing as his durability and strength are also way too high to be counted as a human's as well.

Also, I don't really see tiring as an issue. It's not like he exerts himself to make a shield. And with all these four warehouses, the long plane, and the L shaped plane, and other parts of planes, I think he has more than enough metal to take her out, if you go with his side. Someone is going down before exhaustion sets in me thinks.

Then there's the scene where Dr Polaris takes out WW...

Warlord
I don't see how Diana beats Mags with his shields on

manx422
WW

Magneto1982
Magneto has defeated super-powered beings far greater than the likes of Wonder Woman in the past, so I see him winning this one.

tideoftime
It's about an even split; if there's jobbing for Magneto, then Diana's weapons can be used against her; if jobbing for Diana, then her magical weapons are resistant and she eventually overcomes his shields (probably by crossing her bracers and slamming him at full speed/strength -- her Aegis effect, backed by her force, breaks through and with a solid punch (or two, giving Mags the benefit of the doubt) he goes down). If taken in mutual context, with him having some (though not alot) of influence over her, and her needing to take him down to save the world/innocents, then it's about a 5/5 split, with the heroic edge in favor of Wonder Woman, though not a definite by any means (and, of course, assuming everyone is not under CIS or PIS or moderate jobbing, the latter being the case when Polaris took down the League -- the scene was more to demonstrate what he's capable of, not really as a hard and fast definitive on the League/WW/MM, et al, in general...)

Q99
Even on her vulnerability to piercing damage, it generally needs to be enchanted or super metals, and similar. Random scrap is soft consumer-grade stuff, it won't cause real damage.

I think to hurt her he'd need her gear. The tiara can cut her or cut his forcefield, depending on who can hold on to it.

Originally posted by Magneto1982
Magneto has defeated super-powered beings far greater than the likes of Wonder Woman in the past, so I see him winning this one.

Which ones far greater than Diana has he beaten?

There's not a ton of people outside Diana's weight class on Marvel Earth, so I'm having trouble thinking of them.

He held off but didn't beat Thor, which is the closest equivalent I can think of powers-wise.

KingD19
He took shots from Galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by 2damnloud
She speed blitzes him in both fights.

Fight one is self explanatory. Speed Blitz, Mags head pops off.

Fight two- She speed blitzes and wraps the lasso around his shield making it go down, then she uses the lasso like a noose, swinging him around at supersonic speeds until his neck is rung like a chicken.

Result,WW 10/10 I wondered where he went.

namorsubby
wonder woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.