Ron Paul excluded from FOX News debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Schecter
im not a fan of ron paul, but how can foxnoise justify locking out a leading republican candidate in such a manner?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/politics/primarysource/2007/12/paul_fox_news_i.html

chithappens
Just **** media. I'm getting really shit of this crap.

dadudemon
Originally posted by chithappens
Just **** media. I'm getting really shit of this crap.

holy crap...you are so pissed that you can't even curse right...

I agree. Represent instead of spreading propaganda.

chithappens
... Damn, that was pretty bad LMAO. Looking at that 10 min later looks funny

Bardock42
Just being their fair and balanced self. It makes sense to...a guy with "absolutely no chance", except on Fox Debate, Internet and Straw Polls, even polling better than Fred Thompson in NH...why should they let him speak, it's not like they are a NEWS station or anything.

I take it Thompson, Tancredo and Duncan aren't allowed to speak either?

Also, I wonder if they have to take him back on once he won the Iowa caucas.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Fox News have the right to interview who they want in line with their own political agendas...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Fox News have the right to interview who they want in line with their own political agendas...

Yeah, and we have the right to ridicule them if they claim to be "fair and balance", eh?

Fishy

Of course they have the right, they are a damned TV station. What worries me is that the other candidates aren't saying "well **** it then, I'm not coming either". Now that would be a good message. This TV station is just ****ed up however that they would even consider throwing out a possible next president however unlikely because of their own political ideals.

And I don't know if TV stations like this get any kind of support from the government in any way shape or form, but the government should at times like this cut or just stop all that support.

Devil King

Except it's not an interview. It's a debate.

chithappens
Originally posted by Devil King
Except it's not an interview. It's a debate.

That's what they say...

Devil King
That's what they say...

what is that supposed to mean?

Schecter
what is that supposed to mean?

exactly

I'm the daddy
Originally posted by Schecter
exactly

Did you post on Christmas eve as well? Let's have a look?

Bardock42
what is that supposed to mean? Probably that they call it a debate while it is a biased shitfest for idiot wankers, now that Paul won't speak.

Devil King
Originally posted by Bardock42
Probably that they call it a debate while it is a biased shitfest for idiot wankers, now that Paul won't speak.

You say that like it wouldn't be, even if he was participating.

Bardock42
You say that like it wouldn't be, even if he was participating.

It has ups when he's in it.

Devil King
Originally posted by Bardock42
It has ups when he's in it.

In all truth, I think it's a joke the way he's treated by his fellow candidates, as well as the media.

Robtard
Originally posted by Schecter
im not a fan of ron paul, but how can foxnoise justify locking out a leading republican candidate in such a manner?

Though it's bullshit cop-out, considering how Paul's popularity has grown, it (supposedly) has to do with his single digit national numbers.

They still haven't officially not-invited Paul; I think with the negative media they're getting over it, they send a late invite his way and make some excuse about it being an oversight of some sort.

In all truth, I think it's a joke the way he's treated by his fellow candidates, as well as the media.

I agree, he's a kook, but let the kook be heard.

BackFire
I masturbate to pictures of Ron Paul

Robtard
Here's a open-mouth one, go on and release.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/06/02/ron_paul/story.jpg

BackFire
You made me make a mess on my keyboard.

Clean it up.

Robtard
Bardock, cleanup in aisle two. Bring disinfectant.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Fishy
Of course they have the right, they are a damned TV station. What worries me is that the other candidates aren't saying "well **** it then, I'm not coming either". Now that would be a good message. This TV station is just ****ed up however that they would even consider throwing out a possible next president however unlikely because of their own political ideals.

And I don't know if TV stations like this get any kind of support from the government in any way shape or form, but the government should at times like this cut or just stop all that support.

This is one reason I like your posts; you bring a refreshing perspective to the discussion.

Would not it make a statement about a candidate's character if he(and this time around, she) publicly declined a debate on a very watched national news station because they didn't invite a major presidential candidate to debate with? That should at least win the candidate a few ethics brownie points for the voters.

A counter for that: If I were a presidential candidate during this election, I would be glad to not have to debate across from Ron Paul, he really pwns the other candidates and the polls clearly show that.

Fishy
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is one reason I like your posts; you bring a refreshing perspective to the discussion.

Would not it make a statement about a candidate's character if he(and this time around, she) publicly declined a debate on a very watched national news station because they didn't invite a major presidential candidate to debate with? That should at least win the candidate a few ethics brownie points for the voters.

A counter for that: If I were a presidential candidate during this election, I would be glad to not have to debate across from Ron Paul, he really pwns the other candidates and the polls clearly show that.

True, but like you said not showing up especially if you are the first to publicly say it would definitely earn you a few votes. It might make Ron Paul less hostile to you because you stood up for him. Even if he only does it for political reasons. Showing up along with the others might make this entire debate useless because there is a chance that all the media and people will just focus on the fact that Ron Paul isn't there.

And the last thing will surely happen if you as another mayor candidate decide to not show up as well. The rest would just be seen as weak or without principals trying to get an easy debate and with a bit of luck that's exactly how the media would portray it.

BigRed
Fox sucks.

Trust me, his supporters have let Fox have it.

Alfheim
... Damn, that was pretty bad LMAO. Looking at that 10 min later looks funny

Yeah that was quite hilarious. laughing

Zeal Ex Nihilo
The rumor about it being a "debate" was allegedly staged by the same fellow who tried to out Trent Lott and collect $1 million from Larry Flynt.

BigRed
Word as it as a forum or a debate; regardless Ron Paul should be invovled.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.