What if Sid never went nuclear...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

K-Dog
It obviously never happened, but what would have happened if Sid finished frying Luke? Would vader have had to pick up the body and throw it down the shaft? Would Sid have allowed Vader to remain a sith, after he just got beaten down by a jedi? If not, would Sid fry Vader? If so, would he try to go get princess leia for a apprentice? If not, who else?

queeq
I doubt that he would fry Vader. It obviously takes two to run the sith business. Maybe it have turned into a race between the two who could get to Leia first.

Rogue Jedi
If Sidious had killed Luke, he would have kept Vader as his second for the time being, but they would have perished when Lando and Wedge blew up the death star. either way, the Sith would have been exterminated.

queeq
But Sidious could have 'forced' the Falcon out of the Death Star, not? stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
nah, he would have become Darth Deep Fried.

JediRobin23
I often wondered that. Why would vader still be palpatines apprentice after palpatine betrayed him. In a way, Palpatine was just stupid to think Vader would be loyal after that show

MrCampion
Sith are never entirely loyal to each other, remember. One is always looking for someone more powerful.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by MrCampion
Sith are never entirely loyal to each other, remember. One is always looking for someone more powerful. and that is what we call the bottom line.

JediRobin23
Then Palpatine is stupid

queeq
No. He is a Sith.

General G
If thread...

Rogue Jedi
....yes?

Jack R. Crown
they both jus wanna rim leia hardcore

Gideon
Originally posted by Jack R. Crown
they both jus wanna rim leia hardcore

This is the penultimate goal of the Dark Side.

Realistically, Palpatine might have killed Vader, since it is now completely official that Sidious intended to replace him. Earlier, it was unspoken; a looming threat. Now? Everyone knows.

And if Luke had enough time to drag his DARTH VADER's body from the throne room to the hangar bay after being lit like a Christmas tree for a few minutes, I'd say there's no way in hell Palpatine would have been on that thing when it blew.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Gideon
This is the penultimate goal of the Dark Side.

Realistically, Palpatine might have killed Vader, since it is now completely official that Sidious intended to replace him. Earlier, it was unspoken; a looming threat. Now? Everyone knows.

And if Luke had enough time to drag his DARTH VADER's body from the throne room to the hangar bay after being lit like a Christmas tree for a few minutes, I'd say there's no way in hell Palpatine would have been on that thing when it blew. Palpantine had no idea that the death star was gonna blow, he was completely confident that his fleet would wipe the rebels out.

queeq
He exploded...

General G
Maybe he vaporized...

queeq
Something with a bang.

General G
Either way...he's dead.

queeq
Clearly.

General G
No...it is assumed, we don't see his dead body.

queeq
True. But it's a safe bet. There aren't gonna be any sequels anyway.

General G
Good...Luke was dumb.

queeq
Odd conclusion.

General G
Good conclusion.

queeq
So because the Emperor dies, Luke is dumb??

General G
What?!?! Where could you have gotten that from?

Darth Demise
then why is luke dumb?

queeq
Good question. I'd like to know.

General G
Because he whined...and whined...and whined...and etc.

Also...the fact that he is allowed to use the dark side and get away with it bothers me.

queeq
That makes Anakin dumb as well... the Dumbwalker Family.

General G
Did I say he wasn't dumb??

queeq
No you didn't... Hence the new family name in the world according to G.

General G
Yes, I find that quite suitable...the world would be much better if it were mine. evil face

queeq
I bet.

General G
Oh, you have no idea.

Rogue Jedi
off topic much?

queeq
It's getting there. evil face

Rogue Jedi
so, hows about that nutter Sidious?

queeq
Whatcha think?

Rogue Jedi
dood has anger management issues.

queeq
He usually seemed quite controlled to me.

General G
Yeah, except when zapping Mace...he went a bit nutty then...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by queeq
He usually seemed quite controlled to me. one can be angry and in control.

General G
Then you just proved yourself wrong...he is able to control his anger...so why go to an anger management class?

steverules
So if I go nuclear I can fry people? confused

queeq
Originally posted by General G
Yeah, except when zapping Mace...he went a bit nutty then...

Could have been an act.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules
So if I go nuclear I can fry people? confused

You want to start a restaurant?

steverules
Would you wanna eat fried people?

General G
Do they taste alright?

Could have been an act.

As in?

steverules
they could do with a little more salt...tastes like chicken

Rogue Jedi
Then you just proved yourself wrong...he is able to control his anger...so why go to an anger management class? I never said he was outta control.

queeq
Originally posted by steverules
they could do with a little more salt...tastes like chicken

How do you serve them?

steverules
On a plate big grin

queeq
With?

General G
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I never said he was outta control.

Then why would he need an anger management class?

queeq
Well, why not?

General G
It has been explained why not, read posts before.

queeq
Well then, doesn't that answer your question? stick out tongue

Darth Demise
you guys are making me dizzy!

queeq
Good! evil face

steverules
With?

Chips

queeq
Hmm... that's rather unoriginal.

steverules
Well what else is there?

caedusrulesall
If Sidious had killed Luke, he would have kept Vader as his second for the time being, but they would have perished when Lando and Wedge blew up the death star. either way, the Sith would have been exterminated.

IF I may cut through this movie-only thread with a bit of post-movie insight...

If Luke and Sidious had died, the Galaxy still would have been the Empire. In the Dark Empire comic series Sidious returns, the Luke-founded New Jedi Order and Luke himself do quite a bit to stop Palps, and without them around the Empire would rule the Galaxy once more. Of course, then the Yuuzhan Vong would come, but the Empire would be able to defeat them with less effort than the New Republic. The Empire would once more be the rulers of the Galaxy.

queeq
No EU!!!

You can wonder about what would happen after ROTJ but use canon sources only.

General G
hehehe, nobody knows where the EU form is!

queeq
I'll remind them. evil face

General G
Good!

queeq
Painfully so.

General G
Well, it is your job... wink

queeq
And a nice job it is.

General G
Especially when slacking eh? wink

queeq
Slacking? Moi?

General G
*looks around*

... yes

queeq
Nevah!

General G
Oh rlly?

queeq
Indeed.

Rogue Jedi
so, hows about that kooky Sidious?

General G
Older then ever...wrinklier then ever...evil as ever...

queeq
Burned to charcoal... since ROTJ.

General G
Big pile of nothing...

queeq
If a pile at all. Vaporised into space.

General G
Alright, then just a scattered pile of nothing...

queeq
THen it wouldn't be a pile.

General G
Oh my god, must everything be exact?

Floating particles of nothing.

queeq
THen there wouldn't be particles either.

Man of Christ
Yes Palpatine would have no way of knowing about or preventing the death stars destruction. remember palpatine is only a politician, vader is the military leader thus palp would be dead too. either from the death stars destruction or a force strangle from an enraged vader

General G
Umm...palpatine wasn't just a politician...Sith Lord ring a bell?

THen there wouldn't be particles either.

And why not?

Man of Christ
Umm...palpatine wasn't just a politician...Sith Lord ring a bell?

And why not?

Who doesnt know he was a sith, duh,

The death star and its fleet were a millitary matter not a jedi matter, so i was talking about his position in regards to the fleet.
Hence his soldiers dont call him the DLOTS they call him emperor which is POLITICAL

queeq
Watch SW again, dude... EVERYTHING was Palpy's affair. He ordered the Clone Army, he had everything made, he wanted the DS plans... he's the puppet master in control of everything.

Rogue Jedi
Watch SW again, dude... EVERYTHING was Palpy's affair. He ordered the Clone Army, he had everything made, he wanted the DS plans... he's the puppet master in control of everything.

General G
Thanks, that was needed.

queeq
Sometimes I wonder if people ever watched these films. wink

General G
*sigh*

Let...it...GO!!!

queeq
NEVAH!

General G
WHY!!!!!

queeq
BECAUSE!!!

Man of Christ

YOU may need to watch it again.
He himself never did any of those things. it was either dooku or vader who did all the work.
He did the political manipulations but the millitary stuff with the separatists (dooku) and the clones (vader)
were all done by his millitary savy apprentices.

Man of Christ
He sat in a chair for most of his tenure as "sith master"

queeq
Just.... ya know.... ruling... signing decrees... nothing special, polishing up the special Honorary Sith Award for everyone to admire.

Man of Christ
Just.... ya know.... ruling... signing decrees... nothing special, polishing up the special Honorary Sith Award for everyone to admire.
lol pretty much

queeq
Sure... some villain.

Man of Christ
Sure... some villain.

although his-hands off millitary policy did save his life

Had he been on the 1st deathstar and not sitting on a chair somewhere else when luke blew it up he might have died.

vader being hands on and getting into a tie bomber saved his life.

queeq
Yyyyyyeah...

General G
Originally posted by Man of Christ
although his-hands off millitary policy did save his life

Had he been on the 1st deathstar and not sitting on a chair somewhere else when luke blew it up he might have died.

vader being hands on and getting into a tie bomber saved his life.

What are you on about?

Man of Christ
Yyyyyyeah...

wonderful retort. you are so smart...........

queeq
Thanks.

Well, you statements about the inactive politician make no sense anyway. So a smart answer is not really in place.

Man of Christ
Thanks.

Well, you statements about the inactive politician make no sense anyway. So a smart answer is not really in place.

you must never have debated before qeeq. you never explain why you make your statement. you never give it any merit.

queeq
Yes Palpatine would have no way of knowing about or preventing the death stars destruction. remember palpatine is only a politician, vader is the military leader thus palp would be dead too. either from the death stars destruction or a force strangle from an enraged vader

A debate is at least about arguments that can be supported by evidence. You make statements here that are contradictory to statements made by the characters and causal relations that make no sense:

1. You claim Palpy had no ability to see the future - that is WRONG, it wasn't perfect but he could forsee events. He said so and Yoda supported taht by saying that :through the Force things you will see, the future, the past". There's no reason to believe Palpy couldn't do taht either.
2. Palpy was noy JUST a politician. He was a ruling Sith dictator with supernatural powers
3. Just because Vader would die, wouldn't mean by his death alone that Palpy would die too. Had Vader lived longer, he would have survived the DS just like Luke did
4. You assume that Vader would be stronger than Palpy killing him with a Force choke, yet Vader said himself to Luke that he didn't understand the power of the Dark Side. That suggests Palpy had a hold over Vader that superceded Anakin's powers.

Enough debate? Then again, anyone who watches these movies already concluded your statement didn't make any sense.

General G
Wow...was that really needed?

Man of Christ
A debate is at least about arguments that can be supported by evidence. You make statements here that are contradictory to statements made by the characters and causal relations that make no sense:

1. You claim Palpy had no ability to see the future - that is WRONG, it wasn't perfect but he could forsee events. He said so and Yoda supported taht by saying that :through the Force things you will see, the future, the past". There's no reason to believe Palpy couldn't do taht either.
2. Palpy was noy JUST a politician. He was a ruling Sith dictator with supernatural powers
3. Just because Vader would die, wouldn't mean by his death alone that Palpy would die too. Had Vader lived longer, he would have survived the DS just like Luke did
4. You assume that Vader would be stronger than Palpy killing him with a Force choke, yet Vader said himself to Luke that he didn't understand the power of the Dark Side. That suggests Palpy had a hold over Vader that superceded Anakin's powers.

Enough debate? Then again, anyone who watches these movies already concluded your statement didn't make any sense.

lmao.. are you high?

siddious isnt omnicient. im sure your great sith leader foresaw the destruction of the deathstar when he wad talkin all that trash to luke saying that the rebellion would be crushed. but guess what..

bottom line. he said he was going to live but ended up dying

General G
WHAT?!?!?!

If he foresaw the destruction of the death star...why would he be there?! Sith want to live forever...getting as powerful as they possibly can...but no...not Sidious apparently...he want to chill out on the DS so he can blow up.

queeq
siddious isnt omnicient.

I never said that he was. Sidious winning the Battle of Endor was no doubt a possible outcome. "Always in motion the future is."

General G
It should have been the outcome...

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by K-Dog
It obviously never happened, but what would have happened if Sid finished frying Luke? Would vader have had to pick up the body and throw it down the shaft? Would Sid have allowed Vader to remain a sith, after he just got beaten down by a jedi? If not, would Sid fry Vader? If so, would he try to go get princess leia for a apprentice? If not, who else?

I think you're looking way too seriously into an 80's sci-fi movie that has a guy shooting electricty out of his fingers.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
I think you're looking way too seriously into an 80's sci-fi movie that has a guy shooting electricty out of his fingers. thats the purpose of this section.

queeq
Indeed.

General G
What else would it be for?

queeq
Indeed.

General G
*sigh*

queeq
Indeed.

General G
Oh wow...of course you would.

queeq
I would indeed.

General G
I'll bet...90% of your posts involve the word "indeed" in some way shape or form.

queeq
Indeed.

Rogue Jedi
pwnage.

General G
Where?

steverules
http://deviloid.6pix.net/uploads/0881ba2448.gif

queeq
Just a red square with text.... where's the pic?

General G
That's no help at all...

queeq
Nope.

General G
*sigh*

queeq
hehehe

General G
Hope for a new one?

queeq
I hope so.

General G
ooooh me too!

queeq
Yo steve... we want the big gif.

steverules
Hmmm...that didn't happen when it was sent to me

General G
It happened to us...

steverules
Was fine on....saterday, when i posted it...guess it got taken down which I can't be blamed for

General G
Yes, that's true, we do not blame you, just saddened.

queeq
What? We DO blame you. wink

Rogue Jedi
two pages of utter nonsense.....how this forum has fallen.

steverules
What? We DO blame you. wink

Can't cause I never took it down stick out tongue

queeq
Where is it then?

two pages of utter nonsense.....how this forum has fallen.

THank you. Happy Dance

General G
laughing out loud hehe you are proud of it.

queeq
Oh yes.

General G
And yet why am I not surprised?

queeq
Dunno, you tell me.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>