Superman Prime. Like or dislike?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Nod
Whether it be in IC, SCW or Countdown.

Do you like him or not, say why.

smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Yes.

Pointless thread.

Nod
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Yes.

Pointless thread.

Pointless poster. happy

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Nod
Pointless poster. happy Pointless face.

...

Since when was a 12 year girl in 'The Killers'?

lando005
the who?

roughrider
I know there's some respect here for certain anti-heroes and villains for their bad-assery, but I can't see how anyone could view Superboy Prime/Superman Prime as anything more than a whiny psycho, murdering whole worlds just to feel special. Cry me a river - he can go jerk himself a soda. thumb down

llagrok
Superman Prime is one of the better "Crying psycho kids" out there.

Blax_Hydralisk
Not really, no stick out tongue

roughrider
Originally posted by llagrok
Superman Prime is one of the better "Crying psycho kids" out there.

He's certainly no Anakin Skywalker.

lft4ded
As sad as it may seem, I'm still waiting for Superman to bear out his gradual power increases and stop SMP's rampage. Maybe trap him in a nexus similar to the one Alex originally kept them in. Oh, and personally absorb the solar radiation out of him in a way that leaves him permanently depowered.

Go team New Earth Superman!

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by lft4ded
As sad as it may seem, I'm still waiting for Superman to bear out his gradual power increases and stop SMP's rampage. IC?

Nod
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Pointless face.

...

Since when was a 12 year girl in 'The Killers'? Theres no girl. no expression

Alfheim
Originally posted by roughrider
I know there's some respect here for certain anti-heroes and villains for their bad-assery, but I can't see how anyone could view Superboy Prime/Superman Prime as anything more than a whiny psycho, murdering whole worlds just to feel special. Cry me a river - he can go jerk himself a soda. thumb down

Yeah because if your whole universe was destroyed before you grew up and you spent years in dimesnion with hardly anything to do looking at images of your uinverse you wouldnt go mad at all. You would be perfectly sane and stable human being. no expression

This is just a perfect example of people not putting themselves in the position of the characters and giving it thought.

Nod
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah because if your whole universe was destroyed before you grew up and you spent years in dimesnion with hardly anything to do looking at images of your uinverse you wouldnt go mad at all. You would be perfectly sane and stable human being. no expression

This is just a perfect example of people not putting themselves in the position of the characters and giving it thought.

Normally all you come up with is complete crap and normally your wrong about almost everything, but you speak the truth there. thumb up

Alfheim
Originally posted by Nod
Normally all you come up with is complete crap and normally your wrong about almost everything, but you speak the truth there. thumb up

laughing This guy kills me.

Nod
Originally posted by Alfheim
laughing This guy kills me. I'm honored. happy

pr1983
Originally posted by roughrider
He's certainly no Anakin Skywalker.

and thank god for that...

Originally posted by lft4ded
As sad as it may seem, I'm still waiting for Superman to bear out his gradual power increases and stop SMP's rampage. Maybe trap him in a nexus similar to the one Alex originally kept them in. Oh, and personally absorb the solar radiation out of him in a way that leaves him permanently depowered.

Go team New Earth Superman!

amazing how they've kept avoiding having the two go at it man to man in a proper fight isn't it? stick out tongue

Entity
I like the irony of how he's suppose to be the Superman from our world so he's become what the Superman from our world would become!

There's no way anyone in reality with that much power would be a boyscoutt! wink

starlock
Dislike...boring and repetitive..cries too much, and has way too many people making excuses for his lame unheard of pre crisis powers, and you cant be a badass and cry like a baby more than once

superkronick92
Originally posted by starlock
you cant be a badass and cry like a baby more than once

Spider-man 3, Wolverine X3, yes I know but these were the only examples I could find

pr1983
Originally posted by Entity
I like the irony of how he's suppose to be the Superman from our world so he's become what the Superman from our world would become!

There's no way anyone in reality with that much power would be a boyscoutt! wink

great power, great responsibility etc?

roughrider
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah because if your whole universe was destroyed before you grew up and you spent years in dimesnion with hardly anything to do looking at images of your uinverse you wouldnt go mad at all. You would be perfectly sane and stable human being. no expression

This is just a perfect example of people not putting themselves in the position of the characters and giving it thought.

I understand him perfectly, and I don't care. The fact he should still be alive now is by the whim of comic editors. Remember when the Green Lanterns were given the kill order against him near the end of IC? Why didn't they carry it out when they had him depowered? It makes more sense to tie up dozens of them to watch him in a holding cube, forever?
But no...we had some future Crisis to save him for...
And I actually felt more sympathy for Cyborg Superman during the whole Sinestro Corps story, because he just wanted to achieve death, rather than kill everyone just to get your own perfect little world.
Prime spent years with Kal-L Superman in that dimension; you think he could have learned something about right & wrong during that time. Kal-L eventually saw the flaw in his logic during IC & stopped, but Prime just kept going.

llagrok
Not lethal force, excessive force.

GGS
Yes but i can tell something will happen to him and he'll be regarded as a joke in a few years no uber villain character stays as powerful and conterversial for long in DC. Also it would be insulting to us all to make him a goody good boyscout hero after final crisis as well.

There's no way they'll keep him at his present levels or powered up but it's good to know that a character such as SBP has been realistically entered into current DC universe 'from our world' kind of thing that could on paper destroy the DC universe with ease without any cheap cop-outs or devices just with his own raw power.

Newjak
Gotta say I don't like him that much. He just seems like on type of character, yet DC seems to want to force him down our throats as this other kind of character.

I think he is horribly written. I think he s horribly developed. I think Superman/boy Prime is just flat out a horrible character in my opinion of course.

I spend most of my time hoping someone finally kills him for good.

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak
Gotta say I don't like him that much. He just seems like on type of character, yet DC seems to want to force him down our throats as this other kind of character.

I think he is horribly written. I think he s horribly developed. I think Superman/boy Prime is just flat out a horrible character in my opinion of course.

I spend most of my time hoping someone finally kills him for good.

I'd imagine that's a very poor use of your time.

WrathfulDwarf
I hate him in IC. But eventually he grew up in me. I like him in Countdown and in Sinestro Corps.

Plus his feats just keep getting better. I want to see more of him.

Symmetric Chaos
I started off loathing SBP but since they've started developing him into a bit more interesting in Countdown and the CorpsWar I'm willing to give the writers a chance with him.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer
I'd imagine that's a very poor use of your time. You'd think so embarrasment

manjaro
i love prime. it would have been 2 generic and prototypical to have him emerge from a dimension and be a flowery hero who thinks everyone should get along and who limits his powers grossly for fear of hurting ppl. SMP may be whiny put to me he was more stable than kara. tho her issue was DC couldnt nail a writer for more than one or two arcs, and everybody tried to take her character into a different direction.

Alfheim
Originally posted by roughrider

Prime spent years with Kal-L Superman in that dimension; you think he could have learned something about right & wrong during that time. Kal-L eventually saw the flaw in his logic during IC & stopped, but Prime just kept going.


Yeah and Kal had his girl with him......you get the picture?

manjaro
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I hate him in IC. But eventually he grew up in me. I like him in Countdown and in Sinestro Corps.

Plus his feats just keep getting better. I want to see more of him.

HA HA HAbig grin he grew up IN you???? Freudian slip much???

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by manjaro
HA HA HAbig grin he grew up IN you???? Freudian slip much???

Well, he was a comic book geek in his world just like I'am in my world...so...wink

Galan007
I liked Prime a lot more in IC..

What I'd personally like to see in the future is Prime becoming 'good' -- I don't know why, but it seems appealing to me.

srug

Val
Originally posted by superkronick92
Spider-man 3, Wolverine X3, yes I know but these were the only examples I could find
Does anyone consider Spider-Man a badass? confused

willRules
I like to hate him which is interesting as DC insists on powering him up all the time yes

roughrider
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah and Kal had his girl with him......you get the picture?

So if Prime had just gotten some...all this could have been avoided?



Where's She-Hulk when you need her? wink

Larceny
Can't stand him.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Nod
Theres no girl. no expression Who's that little girl that's colored in your sig?

---

Anyway, I loved him in IC (along with Adam of course), and love him now.

Alfheim
Originally posted by roughrider
So if Prime had just gotten some...all this could have been avoided?


Well its not that simple but Luther went nuts as well didnt he? Ok its putting it a bit crude but something tells me that at least having the emotional support of Lois helped Kal-El.

Why wasnt Kal-El standing at the dimensional wall day in day out? He had Lois and quite frankly its seemed evnthough Luthor and SBP were friends they didnt exactly get on like a house on fire.

You're also forgeting that Kal-El is mature and SBP is not fully grown up. You also near to bear in mind that he was actually mentally tortured because he used to stare at the images of his world day in day out, Kal-El was not subject to mental torture. Furthermore was there not confusion? SBP saw heroes killing people and from what I understand thats not allowed in DC universe so he started thinking the heroes were as bad as the villains.

I have not read the series but I have read background material and scans (so I could be wrong) but from my understanding is that SBP didnt start off killing people he was just frustrated and ended up killing a hero by accident one thing lead to another and things just got from bad to worse.

You dont have to like the character but the fact of the matter is the samething could have happened to you. SBP is not a bad person hes a good person trying to deal with a very ****ed up situation. Im not saying what hes done is ok but everybody has a breaking point no matter how good you are and the breaking point of a teenager with vast superhuman powers is even worse. This reminds me of an incident on a rap program:

Lil Half dead: I call myself lil half dead because lots of my friends have died and some of them in front of me.
Girl: *frown* How can you say that.....have you been to Church.

erm Not exactly the same situation but you get what im saying.

Soljer
Alfheim, don't go through a long assed post while misspelling a character's name the entire time. It kind of undermines the supposition that you actually have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Nod
Originally posted by Soljer
Alfheim, don't go through a long assed post while misspelling a character's name the entire time. It kind of undermines the supposition that you actually have a clue as to what you're talking about.

But we know he doesn't anyway so it really doesn't change of how he should be looked at.
erm

Nod
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Who's that little girl that's colored in your sig?

---

Anyway, I loved him in IC (along with Adam of course), and love him now. Thats the lead singer.

No girl. miffed

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer
Alfheim, don't go through a long assed post while misspelling a character's name the entire time. It kind of undermines the supposition that you actually have a clue as to what you're talking about.

Yes God.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Nod
Thats the lead singer.

No girl. miffed Looks a hell of a lot like a girl there...

What are all of those guys doing with that under aged girl? shifty

Nod
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Looks a hell of a lot like a girl there...

What are all of those guys doing with that under aged girl? shifty miffed

He just looks young without his beard.

Lucky he wasn't a girl or he would be mine. shifty

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Nod
miffed

He just looks young without his beard.

Lucky he wasn't a girl or he would be mine. shifty Young... and feminine (or 'girlish' would be a better word).

So... you have a little crush on him (her), or something? Ped?

Nod
The song of the gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAKvbaqM0Q

no expression

Violent2Dope
The Killers suck. shifty

I love Superman Prime.

Nod
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
The Killers suck. shifty

I love Superman Prime.

You have no soul. no expression

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Nod
You have no soul. no expression That guy on your sig has no penis. eek!

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
That guy on your sig has no penis. eek! Of course not silly, she has a vagina.

Val
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Of course not silly, she has a vagina.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/4/7/customsig_95747_GL.gif

Nod
Originally posted by Violent2Dope
That guy on your sig has no penis. eek! mad

Endless Mike
I liked him better than I did back in IC

The Cap'n
I like him in that "I hope he gets what's comin' to him" kinda way....

Capt Spaulding
Originally posted by Nod
mad


So you spent all this time masturbating to her, even though she has a penis ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.