What did you see in theaters (2007 edition)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Thought this might be fun.

List what movies you saw in the cinema over the last year, and if you feel like it, a brief comment or whatever on if you liked it or not.

January

Didn't get to the theatres.

February

March

300- Awesome! Loved this movie. 10/10

TMNT- Really cool CG version of the turtles, a little family friendly, wish it was darker, but still fun. 8/10

April

Grindhouse- I liked it. Loved the missing reels, the grainy film, and the over-the-top zombie film Planet Terror. Death Proof was like it's own whole other movie, and I really liked Kurt Russell in it. 9/10

May

Spiderman 3- Was cool at the time. The strongest part of the film is the Peter/Harry story arc. It carries more weight, having developed thru 3 movies. Don't like it as much now, but I enjoyed it in the movies. 7.5/10

Pirates of the Caribean: At Worlds End- A good finish, but a little long. I was happy with it, but won't be watching it over and over. 8/10

June

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer- I liked it more than the 1st one. It's dumb, silly, and campy, but I had fun watching it. embarrasment 8/10

July

Transformers- Loved everything about this movie and I'm not ashamed of it. It looked great, and was both funny and intense. 9/10

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix- The best one yet! I thought it was great. 9.5/10

August

The Bourne Ultimatum- Flawless. A great end to this trilogy. 10/10

Knocked Up/Superbad- Both were funny, but I liked Knocked up a little better. Can't remember when I saw them, but it was in within 2 weeks of each other. Superbad: 8/10 Knocked Up: 9/10

September

Didn't get to the movies.

October

Didn't get to the movies

November

American Gangster- Really liked this one. Great ganster film. 9/10

December

I Am Legend- Really good, Will Smith did a great job and I loved the look and mood of the film. 9/10

National Treasure: Book of Secrets- Cool movie, better than the first, actually. Liked the concept of the Presidents secret book. Leaves things open for a part 3. 8.5/10

And that's it for me. I usually only go and watch things that I think I'll like, so it's rare that I see a clunker. My only surprises were Knocked Up and Superbad, that I only knew a little about. A good year over all though.

How 'bout you guys?

Dusty
Best movies I saw were

3:10 to Yuma
The Bourne Ultimatum
No Country For Old Men
Knocked Up
Grindhouse

Spiderman 3 was absolute trash.

H. S. 6
Spider-Man 3 - Decent movie, disappointing when compared to the other two.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - Boring and messy. I'll stick with the first.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Far better than the first. Very enjoyable.

Evan Almighty - Little too family friendly, but I only went because I enjoyed the first, so my hopes weren't too high.

Transformers - Great action flick.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Best of the series.

Bourne Ultimatum - Excellent end to an excellent trilogy.

Beowulf (in Digital 3D) - Interesting story and technology. Enjoyable.

I Am Legend - Excellent movie. Will Smith's best performance.

Live Free or Die Hard - Great movie. Second in the series next to the first.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - Eh. Take it or leave it.

Rush Hour 3 - Disappointing.

And they are all the movies I saw in theaters in 2007.

SelinaAndBruce
I saw
The Simpsons Movie-brilliant. Loved it.
Rush Hour 3- The formula was tired...but it was still fun to watch
I Am Legend- Best performance by Will Smith. Enjoyed it immensely
Sweeney Todd-favorite movie I have seen this year by far. Amazing

Not much drew me to the cinemas this year

SkinWalker
January

February

Bridge to Terabithia(Went Twice)-Very faithful to the book, I went once by myself and once with my class. Overall, good movie.

March

April

Didn't get to the theatres

May

Spiderman 3-Not up to the second movies standards, but it was good for what was there.

Pirates of the Caribean: At Worlds End- Too long, and I was angry with this movie for so many things, but it was enjoyable in the end. :]

June

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer- Way better than the first, it was just like the comic book, but cheesier...o.o

Knocked Up- I'm one of the few people who didn't like it. I'll just leave it at that.

July

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix- Very good. I was disapointed that it was more fast paced that filled with details, but I liked it. It's just that the fourth one was better.

The Simpson's Movie- A great adaption, it didn't seem over the top or even lowly, it was a good movie.

August

Didn't get to theatres.

September

The Nanny Diaries-ehhh, not good.

October

Resident Evil: Extinction-Fricking fantastic. It was an amazing movie and makes the rest of the franchise seem so insignificant in comparison.

November

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium-I love this movie, sure, it has it's problems but in the end it remained to be one of the most heartwarming children's movies of the year.

30 Days of Night-A horrible, god-awful, piece of sh!t. Not taut nor tense, the only thing this movie got was sadistic laughs from some teenagers and an out of place senior citizen.

December

The Golden Compass-A very, very good movie. Until I see Sweeny Todd, I'm pretty sure it will be the best movie of the year for me.

I Am Legend-Good but extremely overrated.

National Treasure: Book of Secrets-Good, fun, and enjoyable.

Discos
it was an alright year for Discos at the cinema. Can't be bothered ti list them and rate them but 2008 should be a better one as I am now single and can go whenever I want.

MrCampion
I only caught two films if I remember correctly-

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in June or July
and Rob Zombie's Halloween in August/September.

Darth Martin
Movies I saw at the cinema in 2007.

Spiderman 3- I enjoyed it, but could've done better. Seemed to try and do too many things and fit too much into it. 7.5/10

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End- Didn't know what to think. This was the first out the trilogy that I've seen. Doesn't make me want to watch any of the other films in the franchise. 6.5/10

Fantastic Four- Rise of the Silver Surfer- Alot better than the first one but still aimed at the same audience. Enjoyed this one alot. 7/10

Ghost Rider- Very good superhero movie. Cage is a hit and miss guy and this one was a hit for me. Really enjoyed this one. 7.5/10

Hitman- Never really played the games but I enjoyed this one. Alot of action and humour that fit in well together. 8/10

American Gangster- Exellent movie. Kept me entertained for nearly 3 hours. Strong preformances by Denzel and Russell. Great film for Ridley Scott. Best movie of the year! 9.5/10

I Am Legend- Exellent movie and probably Will Smith's best performance to date. Great twist on it and a aweswome sci-fi flick. 8.5/10

Aliens vs Predator: Requiem- Great movie for the franchise. Yautja was bad*** in this film. Immensely better than the first, but no I Am Legend. 8/10

The Great Debaters- Another great performance for Denzel. He's just so good at potraying non-fictional characters. 8/10

Blue_Hefner
Ghostrider
Spiderman 3
Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix
Transformers
The Simpsons Movie
I Am Legend

WrathfulDwarf
2007 was a complete drought for me at the movies.

Only ONE movie I went to see.

Grindhouse.

However, 2008 will be completely different. First movie I'm going to see is Cloverfield.

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
2007 was a complete drought for me at the movies.

Only ONE movie I went to see.

Grindhouse.

However, 2008 will be completely different. First movie I'm going to see is Cloverfield.

I may beat you to it. I'm trying to find a free screening for Cloverfield.

ragesRemorse
I went to see far more than i can remember but...

The host--one of the most memorable movie going experiences ever

Grindehouse--Possibly the most fun i had at the theaters all year

Spiderman 3--Garbage

Ghost Rider--worse than spiderman 3

PIrates 3--Enjoyed it thoroughly

Fantastic 4--So bad it hurts

Bridge to teribithia--a good movie, but it wasnt for me

Harry potter--just a fun movie

No country for old men--good movie, not much else to say

American gangster--one of my favorites

Live free or die hard--Stylistic action movie that never takes itself serious, thats a good thing by the way

AvP2--There is nothing good about this movie, however, i had a good time watching it with my bro on x-mas..,it was a bit nostalgic

The simpsons--disappointing, with only a handful of laughs and nothing to connect the series, it left much to be desired

Superbad--Funny movie

halloween--entertaining, but fell apart in the third act

RogerRamjet
movies i watched in '07...(surprisingly more than in '06 which were none...)

Hannibal Rising; 7,5/10...was better than i expected, with a nice twist at the end..

300; 10/10...what can i say that hasn't already been said? superb movie..was a blast...

Spider-Man 3; 8,5/10...loved it, great comedy and superb action...

Alien Vs. Predator - Requiem; 7,5/10...it was all i expected it to be and all what it wanted to be...a bloody spectacle, with lotsa action and explosions...

FistOfThe North
Feb.
-Ghost Rider
-The Abandoned

Mar.
-The Hills Have Eyes2

Apr.
-The Reaping

May.
-Spiderman3
-Pirates of the Carribean3

Jun.
-Hostel2
-Oceans13
-Fantastic4-2
-Ratatoullie

Jul.
-Transformers
-Mr. Beans Holiday
-Death Sentance
-Holloweeen

Sept.
-Hatchet
-Shoot 'em up
-Eastern Promises
-Resident Evil Extinction

Oct.
-30 Days of Night
-Saw4

Nov.
-American Gangster
-Beowulf
-The Mist

Dec.
-I Am Legend
-Alien vS Predator2

Discos
I will post the 3 movies which was my favourite of the year:

1) Blades of Glory
2) Shooter
3) Outlaw.

^^ those my best reviewed films.

Now, for my top 3 films you should ONLY see in the cinema for the experience.

1) 300
2) Transformers
3) Bourne Ultimatum

Black Rob
300-Amazing action film

30 Days of Night-Good for gore hounds and lovers of violence

Superbad-funniest movie i've seen in years

Blades of Glory-ok but i was dissappointed to be honest

Spiderman 3-decent but worst of the trilogy

Shoot Em Up-silly ridiculously violent shooter;is only for nonthinkers

POTC:At World's End-Excellent end to the trilogy;somewhat complicated

Hitman-good mindless action,story's nonexistent

Order of the Phoenix-much better than Goblet of Fire

American Gangster-to be honest,as good as it was,i didn't get what was the hype about

I Am Legend-great movie;Will deserves an oscar for this.Seriously

Sweeny Todd-Good old fashioned throat slashing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.