Storm vs. Enchantress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
Storm seems to have a way with telepaths and mystics. She was the one who called upon her mother when Cthon or whatever that guys name was in x-190 took over reality.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Storm seems to have a way with telepaths and mystics. She was the one who called upon her mother when Cthon or whatever that guys name was in x-190 took over reality.

What can Enchantress do?

Silent Master
Does it matter?

llagrok
Enchantress quite handily.

Rutog98
Originally posted by llagrok
Enchantress quite handily.

Well, since nobody wants to supply the information and considering what Ororo can do, I'm going to have to go with STorm. It is doubtful Enchantress can trounce her.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Rutog98
Well, since nobody wants to supply the information and considering what Ororo can do, I'm going to have to go with STorm. It is doubtful Enchantress can trounce her.

erm...It's really not hard to look someone up

Marvel Directory

Rap Sheet

Wikipedia

llagrok

Only to you and 2damnloud

Rutog98
I read the bios. Storm creams her.

Rutog98
Only to you and 2damnloud

I can't help it if we have more sense than the rest of you. wink

Silent Master
The two parts of your post contradict each other.

Rutog98
Perhaps you should learn to read better? wink

llagrok

So you say

Rutog98
So you say

I merely speak the truth. You people really should stop being so jealous of the level of common sense and reading comprehension that I am possessed of. I am trying to educate you people about Storm here. You are poor students! Don't worry, though, I am the great Rutog. I am here for the long haul and will redouble in my endeavor to bring sense to a senseless board. big grin

llagrok
That I am possessed of durno

Silent Master
Perhaps you should learn to read better? wink

Why?

and

Do contradict each other.

Rutog98
That I am possessed of durno

You're possessed by the durno. That explains it all. That's why you can't get this stuff about Storm. You have the durno while I have common sense and a rare depth of reasoning. People like me are put on this earth to illuminate the truth and the way for people possessed of the durno.

Rutog98
Originally posted by Silent Master
Why?

and

Do contradict each other.

Well, I'll just excuse this as ignorance on your part about the power of Storm. Storm beats her badly.

Nod
I can't help it if we have more sense than the rest of you. wink That would be less brains than us actually.

iceman24567
Which Enchantress? Nevermind they both destroy Storm with little effort.

2damnloud
Enchantress is not spiritually powerful enough to contain Eternity, heal dimensions, and harness millions of Suns, she loses.

Storm FTW.

SpiderGauntlet
What can Enchantress do?

I read the bios.

lolcow.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Enchantress is not spiritually powerful enough to contain Eternity, heal dimensions, and harness millions of Suns, she loses.

Storm FTW.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/mistersinister84/funny/epicfail.jpg

no expression

The Enchantress and her consistent displays of power, ftw.

2damnloud
@Originally posted by Eternal Idol

no expression

laughing out loud@ you being mad that Storm's showings shit all over hers.

Storm wins.

SpiderGauntlet
Originally posted by Eternal Idol

no expression

thumbup

Eternal Idol
@

laughing out loud@ you being mad that Storm's showings shit all over hers.

Storm wins.

eer @ your hard-on for those ONE-TIME SHOWINGS WHICH WERE RETCONNED BY THE ORIGINAL WRITER.

2damnloud
This is PATHETIClaughing out loud

Storm is next sorceress Supreme.

Her showings with the mystical mean shit, when someone with innate magical lineages can do the things I named(which are>>>>>>>>>>than any of her showings) on a whim.

Pathetic.yes

2damnloud
eer @ your hard-on for those ONE-TIME SHOWINGS WHICH WERE RETCONNED BY THE ORIGINAL WRITER.

None of it was retconned.

Get your shit together.yes

Rutog98

Stop making stuff up.

2damnloud
Stop making stuff up.

You know they always are.

Rutog98
I know. Enchantress' abilities seem like a joke. I mean to challenge Storm with those powers? What is she going to do?

2damnloud
Storm's innate abilities are like Dr. Strange level, maybe higher.

Rutog98
All I know is if Enchantress tries to pucker up in this fight, she's going to get a lightning bolt in the kisser. lol

2damnloud
All I know is if Enchantress tries to pucker up in this fight, she's going to get a lightning bolt in the kisser. lol

That won't work any way.

Did you see what Storm did to tempstress??

I also found out that earths winds can infact reach the speed to sound, thought it's not expected.

300mph max is bullshit.

Of course you know Exoduscloak is the king/queen of bullshit when it comes to devaluing Storm. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
I merely speak the truth. You people really should stop being so jealous of the level of common sense and reading comprehension that I am possessed of. I am trying to educate you people about Storm here. You are poor students! Don't worry, though, I am the great Rutog. I am here for the long haul and will redouble in my endeavor to bring sense to a senseless board. big grin

When everybody thinks you're an idiot . . . there's usually a good chance you're an idiot.

But in this case you just happen to be a very successful troll thumbup1

2damnloud
http://www.windows.ucar.edu/earth/images/fscale.jpg

Fujita created a scale which groups tornadoes into categories based on how much damage the caused. He came up with categories by connecting the Beaufort wind scale with the speed of sound in twelve steps. For each category he estimated how strong the wind must have been to cause the damage.

Symmetric Chaos
http://www.windows.ucar.edu/earth/images/fscale.jpg

I think you should know, that disproves your claims . . .

Eternal Idol
Stop making stuff up.

Stop making idiotic choices based on something that only happened ONCE in Storm's entire history. Yours and 2damnSilly's rants border on trolling.

Based on, what, a one-time showing? Something that an overwhelming majority of her overall showings contradict?

Rutog98
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
When everybody thinks you're an idiot . . . there's usually a good chance you're an idiot.

But in this case you just happen to be a very successful troll thumbup1

I don't troll. I go with canon. big grin

Silent Master
Reality
Rutog
2damnloud

2damnloud
I think you should know, that disproves your claims . . .

Explain.

Eternal Idol
Explain.

There's a very good reason why that chart stops at Category F5.... BECAUSE F5'S ARE THE MOST INTENSE A TORNADO HAS EVER BEEN WITNESSED. Any category higher than F5 is THEORETICAL.

Badabing
Rutog and 2damn, you both have been asked nicely by other mods and in some cases warned to show ON PANEL/CANON proof to back your claims. Spamming up the threads with nonsensical hyperbole that's not canon or one time showing which were either retconned or never duplicated is against the rules. Please stop. Thank you.

Eternal Idol, please don't bash them with 2damn (insert unflattering adjective). Thanks.

Symmetric Chaos
Explain.

Fujita never bothered to extend his examples beyond F5 which he gave the extremely open-ended classification of "incredible damage" which seems to imply that he could not find natural examples beyond that.

And secondly he uses the speed of sound at -3C which odd at the very least. In the Earth's atmosphere, the speed varies with atmospheric conditions; the most important factor is the temperature. Since temperature and sound speed normally decrease with increasing altitude, sound is refracted upward, away from listeners on the ground, creating an acoustic shadow at some distance from the source. Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! Air pressure has almost no effect on sound speed. It has no effect at all in an ideal gas approximation, because pressure and density both contribute to sound velocity equally, and in an ideal gas the two effects cancel out, leaving only the effect of temperature. Sound usually travels more slowly with greater altitude, due to reduced temperature, creating a negative sound speed gradient. In the stratosphere, the speed of sound increases with height due to heating within the ozone layer, producing a positive sound speed gradient.

Not to mention you failed to make an actual point which implies that you wanted to spout bullshit that has nothing to do with the point. The existence of the Fujita scale doesn't say anything about what Storm can do. The fact that he stopped giving examples at F5 says he found a limit to what was present in nature.

2damnloud
There's a very good reason why that chart stops at Category F5.... BECAUSE F5'S ARE THE MOST INTENSE A TORNADO HAS EVER BEEN WITNESSED. Any category higher than F5 is THEORETICAL.

No, it stops because the Fujita scale is an estimate of winds speed based on observable damage.

You can't get any more powerful that total destruction(an F5) where houses are wiped clean from the foundation, straw in brick, wood through brick etc.

It does not mean that winds greater than the estimated do not exist. hence why there is an F6 tornado with wins from 320-the speed of sound, though it is said it is unlikely to occur.

The fujita scale, like with most science, is theorectical.

Anyway, Storm is a mutant who controls the weather with her mind. Her limit is not based on real world science, though real world science is used to limit her(pure hate).

Symmetric Chaos
The fujita scale like with science is theorectical.

The Fujita scale beyond F5 is conjectural not theoretical.

Anyway, Storm is a mutant who controls the weather with her mind. Her limit is not based on real world science, though real world science is used to limit her(pure hate)

"Real world science" is also the "basis" for the wide variety of "cosmic powers" you say "she" has.

2damnloud
The Fujita scale beyond F5 is conjectural not theoretical.

Theory involves conjecture.erm

The whole scale is theoretical since it goes off INDIRECT things like damage.

I state nothing but canon, sorry.

Symmetric Chaos
Theory involves conjecture.erm

In science they are completely different things.

The whole scale is theoretical since it goes off INDIRECT things like damage.

The scale up to F5 is actually based off of something (damage). Beyond that it is nothing but Fujita's conjecture.

Again, this has nothing to do with Storm.

I state nothing but canon, sorry.

That Fujita Scale is a panel from Marvel Comics?

Fail roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eternal Idol
Sorry, Bada.

No, it stops because the Fujita scale is an estimate of winds speed based on observable damage.

You can't get any more powerful that total destruction(an F5) where houses are wiped clean from the foundation, straw in brick, wood through brick etc.

It does not mean that winds greater than the estimated do not exist. hence why there is an F6 tornado with wins from 320-the speed of sound, though it is said it is unlikely to occur.

The fujita scale, like with most science, is theorectical.

Anyway, Storm is a mutant who controls the weather with her mind. Her limit is not based on real world science, though real world science is used to limit her(pure hate).

I never said winds didn't get any faster. Like Symmetric Chaos said, there was a natural limit to what kind of damage the strongest known tornadoes have been witnessed to have caused.

And, you're trying to put some merit in all your Storm hyperbole using "real world science", but when we argue against it using the same tactic, it's pure hate? Your logic fails miserably.

2damnloud
In science they are completely different things.

You didnt support this statement at all. FAILyes

The scale up to F5 is actually based off of something (damage). Beyond that it is nothing but Fujita's conjecture.

Something INDIRECT. Which makes it a theory of how much wind it would actually take which involves conjecture.

Again, this has nothing to do with Storm.

Yes it does.

On here and in here handbook, science, namely fujitac scale, is used to say that her winds max out at a certain point(300 or so mph).

As it turns out, these figures are based off an estimate of something indirect--damage.

The scale is open...

Storms limit with regard to winds is open....

That Fujita Scale is a panel from Marvel Comics?

Fail roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, but her flying from Central australia to Tasmania in a few minutes(maybe less) is canon.

Her creating winds to fly as fast as only jets in canon.

Her flying a plane under her own winds as a child in canon.

Her keeping up with a 747 and then landing the plane with winds is canon.

Her winds supporting 300 tons of flaming steel is canon.

Her suspending a multistory building in mid-air with winds is canon.

It's open to interpretaion.

Frankly, I don't think her winds max out at 300 mph. Anyone with sense would know that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Badabing
Off topic but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Symmetric Chaos
Yes it does.

On here and in here handbook, science, namely fujitac scale, is used to say that her winds max out at a certain point(300 or so mph).

As it turns out, these figures are based off an estimate of something indirect--damage.

Must you contradict yourself from post to post?

The scale is open...

Storms limit with regard to winds is open....

Two completely unrelated things?

That's really just dumb, really not trying to bash but if you see a connection between an arbitrarily scale in the real world and magic/psionic powers in a comicbook character you are (the the very least) extremely foolish or failing miserably as a troll.

No, but her flying from Central australia to Tasmania in a few minutes(maybe less) is canon.

Her creating winds to fly as fast as only jets in canon.

Her flying a plane under her own winds as a child in canon.

Her keeping up with a 747 and then landing the plane with winds is canon.

Her winds supporting 300 tons of flaming steel is canon.

Her suspending a multistory building in mid-air with winds is canon.

Red herring. Fail.

Frankly, I don't think her winds max out at 300 mph. Anyone with sense would know that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I agree. Nonetheless I don't see her hitting Mach speeds.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Badabing
Off topic but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!

BURN!!! mad

2damnloud

I agree. Nonetheless I don't see her hitting Mach speeds.

At least you see my point. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why wouldn;t she "hit mach speeds"?

Badabing
OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!

BURN!!! mad sad I just warned myself.

I as wondering if Enhantress can influence a female with as much effect as she can a male?

Symmetric Chaos
sad I just warned myself.

I as wondering if Enhantress can influence a female with as much effect as she can a male?

Storm is married schmoll

I'm sure those herbs have some side effects they can't elaborate on in comics. LIKE GIVING HIM A HUGE WANG!!!!!!!

For those of you 13 and under a wang is just part of a chicken.

2damnloud
I doubt she'd be able to do anything to Storm's mind.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resistst1.png
http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resist2zp9.png

Subduing Psylock, a powerful TP at the time.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resist3zi2.png

SuperiorTech
I doubt she'd be able to do anything to Storm's mind.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resistst1.png
http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resist2zp9.png

Subduing Psylock, a powerful TP at the time.

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=resist3zi2.png

Exactly who do you think is capable of beating the mighty storm if I may ask.

2damnloud
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Exactly who do you think is capable of beating the mighty storm if I may ask.

Phoenix
Galactus
LT
Strange(maybe confused )
Most abstracts,really
reality warpers
Silver Surfer
Superman?
WW?
Flash?
some more.

Doctor-Alvis
It sounds like either one could just shoot the other.
Moments before that post you had just openly admitted you didn't know what the other character could do before you made your decision.

TricksterPriest
Obviously Storm gets wtfpwned, especially cause Amora just made her return in Thor 5. Which means new feats and higher power levels. The Asgardians are being put on a high tier. evil face

Rutog98

This does not mean anything. We have to go by what the character has accomplished in canon. Keep in mind that this is fantasy and writers can use artistic license when portraying a character's powers. Storm has accomplished feats well beyond the scope of any F5 tornado or Category 5 hurricane.

She has redirected the full power of Sienna Blaze, she's taxed Magneto's powers to their utmost when on the page before, the combined power of Cyclops, Colossus and Wolverine could not even scratch his power (in other words, the issue gave Magneto his full credit and just wrote Storm's winds as being just that powerful), she lifted a skyscraper with her winds and, as a child, when her will, power and body were weakened, she flew a 747 completely under her own power for an extended length of time. She's also covered vast distances which would have required speeds greater than sound for it to happen in the context of the story. CC stated himself that Ororo can generate winds over the speed of sound. Considering the fact that he wrote most of these stunts and they go well beyond the F5 or Category 5, your arguments are blown out of the water. Don't tell me she lifted a skyscraper with 300 mph winds or redirected Sienna Blaze with that or taxed Magneto. Its a stupid assertion that does not explain what she accomplished or what the writer said.

Rutog98
Stop making idiotic choices based on something that only happened ONCE in Storm's entire history. Yours and 2damnSilly's rants border on trolling.

What do you mean? The lady has demonstrated levels of power of cosmic proportion several times.

Rutog98
Phoenix
Galactus
LT
Strange(maybe confused )
Most abstracts,really
reality warpers
Silver Surfer
Superman?
WW?
Flash?
some more.

lol. This is kinda hard to answer with Storm. Her powers seem to do whatever she needs them to do. Realistically, there is enough in her canon that was established as far back as her earliest years to where a writer can have her beat just about anyone.

A lot of this has to do with how much power is she willing to use, circumstances and what's motivating her to fight.

Silent Master
You can add

Thor
Wonderman
Juggernaut
Quasar
Green Lantern
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Firelord
Firestorm

Rutog98
Rutog and 2damn, you both have been asked nicely by other mods and in some cases warned to show ON PANEL/CANON proof to back your claims. Spamming up the threads with nonsensical hyperbole that's not canon or one time showing which were either retconned or never duplicated is against the rules. Please stop. Thank you.

What retconned things are you talking about? Also, what one-time things are you referring to? If you mean the galactic core, Storm has been able to summon the full power of a galactic core every single time she's been in one. She has also demonstrated high cosmic power levels on other occassions with the Trion and Eternity. Her powers have been stated to be near-infinite and compared to that of the Dark Phoenix. Its even in the official handbooks now that she can control cosmic winds and stars.

I have scans for all of these. Don't make me use them. big grin

Silent Master
Storm's power level was never compared to DP, also she has only been in a galactic core once and IIRC her doing that almost killed her, as for what was retconned, I have two words for you "solar winds".

Tony Stark
Storm's innate abilities are like Dr. Strange level, maybe higher.

rolling on floor laughing

2Damnloud you are most definitely a funny, but sad mother trucker. One showing of absolute B.S. by storm...Which she has never done before nor has she done it since. And your riding it until the cow herself (storm) comes home.

You are most definitely the most laughed at poster on KMC... For your in the finest of forms fanstormism.

Sorry storm isn't 1/100th of what you portray her to be.

And no one but you thinks that she is.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hope I didn't ruin your New Years.

Sorry, but this year storm sucks too.

wink

Silent Master
BTW. you do know that the example you try and use to claim Storm = DP in power had Storm admit that Thor could do with a thought what takes her everything she has, so using your logic, Thor >>>> DP in power.

Tony Stark
BTW. you do know that the example you try and use to claim Storm = DP in power had Storm admit that Thor could do with a thought what takes her everything she has, so using your logic, Thor >>>> DP in power.

yes You are correct sir...

SuperiorTech
I had no idea that storm possessed this kind of power Apparently we need should have had World War Storm instead of hulk.

2damnloud
You can add

Thor
Wonderman
Juggernaut
Quasar
Green Lantern
Gladiator
Beta Ray Bill
Firelord
Firestorm

She has showings that put her ABOVE Thor.
Juggernaut would likely win. It depends on how far she goes and the circumstances.
She and Quasar would be interesting, Quasar may win, but then again Millions of Suns and Eternity>>>>>>Quasarerm
Green Lantern, her will and spirit are stronger.
I recall a skrull mimiced Storm's control over EM wavelengths that brought Gladiator to his knees in FF 220(?) or was that 250
BBB? Mayber
Firelord hmmmm
Firstorm hmmmm

Depends.....

2damnloud
Originally posted by Tony Stark
rolling on floor laughing

2Damnloud you are most definitely a funny, but sad mother trucker. One showing of absolute B.S. by storm...Which she has never done before nor has she done it since. And your riding it until the cow herself (storm) comes home.

You are most definitely the most laughed at poster on KMC... For your in the finest of forms fanstormism.

Sorry storm isn't 1/100th of what you portray her to be.

And no one but you thinks that she is.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hope I didn't ruin your New Years.

Sorry, but this year storm sucks too.

wink

laughing out loud @Iroman's "speedblitz" that got the shit kicked out of him by Thor.

Now he all of a sudden has "superspeed".

You should be the one to talk about fanboyism.

She thinks, and Stark's suit is a useless piece of shit.yes

hunbu04
fanboys will soon start saying that strom can beat zatanna,circe, and the spectre. Already on the marvel board people think she can beat zeus

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by hunbu04
fanboys will soon start saying that strom can beat zatanna,circe, and the spectre. Already on the marvel board people think she can beat zeus

Nobody in there right mind would think storm can beat zues

WhiteWitchKing

Which is...?

Eternity>almost everyone in the MU.

Quasar beat a Watcher. He also stalemated Rachel Phoenix and Mordred. Storm did what now?

What does her will matter if she doesn't have a GL ring? Going by stupidly high end feats, a GL held the big bang which means she'll be encased in a bubble and shoved into a black hole.

A skrull used tech to blast Gladiator with a specific radiation that Gladiator was weak against. That skrull didn't mimic jack sh!t of Storm's except her look. Gladiator would knock her head off before she knew it.

Maybe? The guy crack Galactus' armor and your saying maybe? LOL. He smashed Stardust into a planet and you think Storm would survive? This is the same Bill who physical beat on Thor before receiving Stormbreaker.

This one is simple. Guy blasted Surfer's board to pieces and fast enough to catch Surfer zooming acrossing space. He'll kill Storm.

Yeah right. Storm has gets stomped by Magneto and Exodus. These cosmic heroes will rape her in a fight.

2damnloud
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Which is...?

Healing a dimension and beating beings there that are>>>>>>Thor

Summoning millions of suns and Planets and harnesing their energy.

Housing eternity's essence.

transcending to a being of nigh-infinite power just by getting really angry.

Eternity>almost everyone in the MU.

Quasar beat a Watcher. He also stalemated Rachel Phoenix and Mordred. Storm did what now?

Storm BECAME Eternity LITERALLY in FF 550

She also summoned millions of Suns and living worlds.

What does her will matter if she doesn't have a GL ring? Going by stupidly high end feats, a GL held the big bang which means she'll be encased in a bubble and shoved into a black hole.

Her powers are tied to her will/emotions, just as theirs are.

A skrull used tech to blast Gladiator with a specific radiation that Gladiator was weak against. That skrull didn't mimic jack sh!t of Storm's except her look. Gladiator would knock her head off before she knew it.

Uhh, it referenced her control over the solar winds in relation to it. It's something she could do.

Maybe? The guy crack Galactus' armor and your saying maybe? LOL. He smashed Stardust into a planet and you think Storm would survive? This is the same Bill who physical beat on Thor before receiving Stormbreaker.

Storm also smashed Stradust. roll eyes (sarcastic)

This one is simple. Guy blasted Surfer's board to pieces and fast enough to catch Surfer zooming acrossing space. He'll kill Storm.

He shouldv'e caught him. Is he not powerful?

Yeah right. Storm has gets stomped by Magneto and Exodus. These cosmic heroes will rape her in a fight.

Magneto and Exodus are far beneath her........ laughing out loud

2damnloud
Back to topic.

I don't see what Enchantres could do to Storm before Storm taxes her enhanced durability till she dies.

Doctor-Alvis
Storm BECAME Eternity LITERALLY in FF 550
That one is the lie of all lies.

Tony Stark
laughing out loud @Iroman's "speedblitz" that got the shit kicked out of him by Thor.

Now he all of a sudden has "superspeed".

You should be the one to talk about fanboyism.

She thinks, and Stark's suit is a useless piece of shit.yes

FTR the list of characters that wouldn't get there ass kicked by THOR right now is quite small... And BTW storm not on it.

wink

Silent Master
Juggernaut would likely win. It depends on how far she goes and the circumstances.
She and Quasar would be interesting, Quasar may win, but then again Millions of Suns and Eternity>>>>>>Quasarerm
Green Lantern, her will and spirit are stronger.
I recall a skrull mimiced Storm's control over EM wavelengths that brought Gladiator to his knees in FF 220(?) or was that 250
BBB? Mayber
Firelord hmmmm
Firstorm hmmmm

Depends.....

All the above would beat her.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That one is the lie of all lies. Now, Wolverine on the other hand has actually had the entire universe in the palm of his hands to do with as he wished like 20 years ago.

Larceny
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ContestofChampionsII_p21.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ContestofChampionsII_p22.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ContestofChampionsII_p23.jpg

Silent Master

Silent Master

Silent Master

Silent Master

Larceny
Originally posted by Larceny
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ContestofChampionsII_p21.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ContestofChampionsII_p22.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/ContestofChampionsII_p23.jpg

Rutog98

This is true. She did evolve into an Eternity.

Rutog98
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Now, Wolverine on the other hand has actually had the entire universe in the palm of his hands to do with as he wished like 20 years ago.

That Crystal gave that power to anybody who touched it and evolved them into a different being. In Storm's case when she contained the essense of Eternity, it was because she had the strength of spirit to do so. Storm has the potential to evolve and wield near-infinite power anyway. This is canon.

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omegapotentail6vg.jpg

Holding Eternity's essence would have killed anyone who did not have the strength of spirit to hold it. Unlike the crystal, it would have killed instead of evolved. This was stated outright in the issue where Storm held his essence. However, because Storm was so strong, it evolved her.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/EternityStorm1.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/EternityStorm2.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/EternityStorm3.jpg

Eternity represents the life force of the universe. I think this whole sequence with Ororo is connected back to this:

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stormandthegalaticcore15zq.jpg

They go perfectly along together.

This stunt left out in deep space unprotected as it destroyed her space-ship. She can only survive a few minutes out in space unaided as it was established between Uncanny 160 and 165 (one of those issues). This stunt came from Uncanny 165. In Uncanny 166, we see her floating aimlessly in deep space in the last moments of her life when the Acanti find her and heal her. Here is the scan in Uncanny 166 that gives a flashback to what happened after this scene in 165:

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=xmen198302uncannyxmen16ck3.jpg

So she did not die from the power of millions of stars directly.

Here she beats the abstracts of another reailty by commanding for natural forces that governs that reality beyond their ability to do so:
http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trionth3.jpg
http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trion2dz3.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trion3iz5.jpg
http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trion4lv9.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trion5xx6.jpg
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trion6bt7.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trion7nl3.jpg

2damnloud

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/EternityStorm3.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/527/ff550dcp0031vd2.jpg
http://img1.putfile.com/main/12/33711192567.jpg
http://img1.putfile.com/main/12/33711192677.jpg

2damnloud
I love how she took Thor's lightning in those scans.

Another thing that put's her ABOVE Tony Stark.laughing out loud

Silent Master
Holding Eternity's essence would have killed anyone who did not have the strength of spirit to hold it.

Thank you for admitting it was a spirit feat and not a power feat.

Doctor-Alvis

I'm well aware of the feat. She didn't become jack. At best, her mind was expanded to both sides of the universe, which is great, but she didn't literally or even figuratively become Eternity, which is my point.

This is true. She did evolve into an Eternity.
How many Eternities do you think there are in one universe?

Silent Master

The lightning he hit Ironman with was much more powerful.

2damnloud

You have absolutely NO PROOF. wink

Silent Master
You have absolutely NO PROOF. wink

Go ahead and post the pic of the Ironman fight and we will see just how many people laugh at you when you try and claim the lightning blasts were equal.

BTW, don't think that I missed you failing to mention that Ironman was already damaged when he got hit with the lightning.

2damnloud
Go ahead and post the pic of the Ironman fight and we will see just how many people laugh at you when you try and claim the lightning blasts were equal.

BTW, don't think that I missed you failing to mention that Ironman was already damaged when he got hit with the lightning.

That is not proof.

The text gave no indication.

The text and the art MUST corrobrate.

For all we know, it was just a SLOPPY-ass lightning bolt.

The size does not indicate the strength.

Silent Master
I knew you didn't have the guts to post the pic.

2damnloud
AND she dodged his Mjolnir.

laughing out loud

Iroman got DESTROYED trying to "speedblitz".

A "weak" showing turned out to be a good one for her.

2damnloud
I knew you didn't have the guts to post the pic.

I'm waiting on you.

What I said stands.

You have absolutely NO PROOF.

The blast he hit storm with is MORE CONCENTRATED.

Silent Master
You made the original claim, therefore the burden is on you

Doctor-Alvis
I'm waiting on you.

What I said stands.

You have absolutely NO PROOF.

The blast he hit storm with is MORE CONCENTRATED.
You can't prove the bolt was more concentrated no more than he can prove it was weaker.

Not to mention you're comparing two different Thors.

2damnloud
You made the original claim, therefore the burden is on you

No, actually it was you.

I said she took Thor's lightning and Iroman couldn't.

You said the lightning inthe Iroman incident was stronger.

You have to prove that.

2damnloud
You can't prove the bolt was more concentrated no more than he can prove it was weaker.

And there you have it.

He also can't prove it was Stronger in the Iroman fight.

Not to mention you're comparing two different Thors.

Which would give us absolutely no proof of the strength in either fight.

Symmetric Chaos
Someone put up scans. I'll arbitrate this.

*takes off Viking helmet and "kills Storm" T-shirt*

2damnloud
I'm well aware of the feat. She didn't become jack. At best, her mind was expanded to both sides of the universe, which is great, but she didn't literally or even figuratively become Eternity, which is my point.

Uhhh, Eternity's consciousness what tranfered to her mind.

She even LOOKED like him. She became Eternity.

You're feeble mind is mostly likely denying the antecedent again, where there is some unrelated qualifier is involved.

Silent Master
Someone put up scans. I'll arbitrate this.

*takes off Viking helmet and "kills Storm" T-shirt*

BTW, notice that Ironman was already injured when Thor hit him with the lightning.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2071/2155166433_fae1b85fe6.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/2155174369_6e922615ae.jpg

Silent Master
No, actually it was you.

I said she took Thor's lightning and Iroman couldn't.

You said the lightning inthe Iroman incident was stronger.

You have to prove that.

Which either implies the blasts were equal or the one Storm took was greater, you provided no proof for either.

iceman24567
BTW, notice that Ironman was already injured when Thor hit him with the lightning.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2071/2155166433_fae1b85fe6.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/2155174369_6e922615ae.jpg That bolt looks about 10 times bigger than the one that hit Storm to tell the truth and no she did not become Eternity you can't deny the text it clearly states she housed the consciousness of Eternity. With all that said The Enchantress still wins.

Symmetric Chaos
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2110/2155174369_6e922615ae.jpg

As compared to this:
Originally posted by Larceny

Right?

I think the author's intent may have been very similar actually. But because the IM fight caused a considerable amount of collateral damage the implication would be that there was more power there.

It wouldn't be a durability feat for Storm anyway since she's supposed to simply be immune to the elements she controls not durable enough to withstand them.

Doctor-Alvis
And there you have it.

He also can't prove it was Stronger in the Iroman fight.
But you can't prove it was Weaker either. It's a question mark.

That's more towards that "Storm did what Ironman couldn't" thing you were getting at. The lightning that Storm absorbed came from classic Thor, which Ironman has also done to supercharge his suit, and the lightning that finished off Ironman came from a Thor that was coming off becoming the new King of Asgard. Yeah, that's still not an indicator of strength but the capacity is much higher in the latter case.

In addition, Ironman's gear was already stomped into the ground when he was hit. Even if he had the ability it wouldn't of mattered because it was a pile of crap by then.

Uhhh, Eternity's consciousness what tranfered to her mind.

She even LOOKED like him. She became Eternity.

You're feeble mind is mostly likely denying the antecedent again, where there is some unrelated qualifier is involved.

Ehhh... "I are" think "you am" missing some key facts here. The entire point of the operation to repair Eternity's body was it not? Why even bother if he can just hop into another body? It was only Eternity's consciousness transferred to her while his body remained in tact. You're making plot holes and and overlooking critical details to fatten up "ya girl"'s resume. Then throwing down that debate misapplied debate crap you read off wikipedia. You can spew all the latin phrases you want but it's all excuses.

2damnloud
As compared to this:

Right?

I think the author's intent may have been very similar actually. But because the IM fight caused a considerable amount of collateral damage the implication would be that there was more power there.

collateral damage= sloppy, not powerfulerm

Which could also be a testament to Thor's lack of control.

It wouldn't be a durability feat for Storm anyway since she's supposed to simply be immune to the elements she controls not durable enough to withstand them.

Ahh, but in a Storm Vs Thor thread, in which only weather manipulation is allowed, it is said that she cannot withstand his "magical lightning"

2damnloud
But you can't prove it was Weaker either. It's a question mark.

Correct.

That's more towards that "Storm did what Ironman couldn't" thing you were getting at. The lightning that Storm absorbed came from classic Thor, which Ironman has also done to supercharge his suit, and the lightning that finished off Ironman came from a Thor that was coming off becoming the new King of Asgard. Yeah, that's still not an indicator of strength but the capacity is much higher in the latter case.

Still no proof, only conjecture.

In addition, Ironman's gear was already stomped into the ground when he was hit. Even if he had the ability it wouldn't of mattered because it was a pile of crap by then.

"Gear" vs Storm's bare flesh.

Ehhh... "I are" think "you am" missing some key facts here. The entire point of the operation to repair Eternity's body was it not? Why even bother if he can just hop into another body? It was only Eternity's consciousness transferred to her while his body remained in tact. You're making plot holes and and overlooking critical details to fatten up "ya girl"'s resume. Then throwing down that debate misapplied debate crap you read off wikipedia. You can spew all the latin phrases you want but it's all excuses.

This would all be good if Eternity wasn't an abstact who didn't have a physical body.

Try one more time.

2damnloud
And I don't even know WHY I was foolish enough to fall into this trap.

I didn't even say it was weaker or stronger.

I said:

Now I'm defending something I never argued.no

Silent Master
In order for that to be proof the lightning she was hit with would have to be of the same strength or stronger than what Ironman was hit with, so yes, you did indeed make the argument.

Rutog98

You have no proof about this. There is canon that states this as well as the fact that she cannot be directly harmed by any of the weather's manifestations. In other words, lightning hurting Storm is PIS. Storm took Thor's lightning, yes, however, if at anytime she is hurt by lightning, its PIS. Simple as that.

Rutog98
Thank you for admitting it was a spirit feat and not a power feat.

Storm's powers are defined by the strength of her spirit/will and body. Therefore, this definately places her as a major cosmic powerhouse. This is just one more testament to that along with her controlling cosmic winds, summoning the full power of millions of stars, evolving into a being of near-infinite power as Roguestorm with power paralleled to the Dark Phoenix, defeating the Trion, etc. We also know from the 12 storyarc and from X-Treme issue 5 that Storm will one day shed her humanity and transcend into a true goddess.

I have scans of all of these.

iceman24567
Storm's powers are defined by the strength of her spirit/will and body. Therefore, this definately places her as a major cosmic powerhouse. This is just one more testament to that along with her controlling cosmic winds, summoning the full power of millions of stars, evolving into a being of near-infinite power as Roguestorm with power paralleled to the Dark Phoenix, defeating the Trion, etc. We also know from the 12 storyarc and from X-Treme issue 5 that Storm will one day shed her humanity and transcend into a true goddess.

I have scans of all of these. So this is what she does every fight she is in? No not at all she is not a cosmic powerhouse because of that if i read the next Messiah Complex issue and she solos the Marauders then you have my vote but you can't put her on the same level as Green Laterns, Thor, Silver Surfer, Quasar or even Wonder Woman.

Rutog98
Originally posted by iceman24567
So this is what she does every fight she is in? No not at all she is not a cosmic powerhouse because of that if i read the next Messiah Complex issue and she solos the Marauders then you have my vote but you can't put her on the same level as Green Laterns, Thor, Silver Surfer, Quasar or even Wonder Woman.

We are talking about the character's power levels, not what "she does in every fight." Truth be told, she's way too powerful to be on the X-Men. The villains are not strong enough to fight her. Therefore, she is not always going to be portrayed as having near-infinite power or even controlling weather on a global scale (which she has done). Claremont really did a good job of explaining this with Roguestorm when Ororo turned down ultimate power when it was in her grasp. However, since then, she has risen to the occassion and tapped into that power though she does not always do so. Keep in mind as well that her humanity tempers her powers. She is limited only because she places limits on herself. She's far more powerful than any on your list though she may not always tap into that much power.

Silent Master
Storm's powers are defined by the strength of her spirit/will and body.

What comic is this stated in?

BTW, you have already been shown the scans that prove the 'solar winds' was retconned and the galactic core was a one off feat that IIRC almost killed her. and in the Roguestrom example she states Thor could have done it with a thought.

iceman24567
We are talking about the character's power levels, not what "she does in every fight." Truth be told, she's way too powerful to be on the X-Men. The villains are not strong enough to fight her. Therefore, she is not always going to be portrayed as having near-infinite power or even controlling weather on a global scale (which she has done). Claremont really did a good job of explaining this with Roguestorm when Ororo turned down ultimate power when it was in her grasp. However, since then, she has risen to the occassion and tapped into that power though she does not always do so. Keep in mind as well that her humanity tempers her powers. She is limited only because she places limits on herself. She's far more powerful than any on your list though she may not always tap into that much power. I love how you make excusses for her at every turn the fact that you actually believe she can beat anyody on that list makes me laugh everybody i listed would destroy her she is not on their level in terms of power.

Rutog98
I love how you make excusses for her at every turn the fact that you actually believe she can beat anyody on that list makes me laugh everybody i listed would destroy her she is not on their level in terms of power.

I have not made any excuses but merely pointed out what has already been established in canon.

Rutog98
What comic is this stated in?

BTW, you have already been shown the scans that prove the 'solar winds' was retconned and the galactic core was a one off feat that IIRC almost killed her. and in the Roguestrom example she states Thor could have done it with a thought.

Hmmm. You need to be brought up to date. It was in Uncanny 99 where she summoned the cosmic wind. In the corresponding Classic X-Men issue, it was retconned, you are correct there. However, in the Brood Saga, it was again stated that Storm can control the cosmic wind and she summoned the full power of the galactic core. In the corresponding Classic X-Men issue that came after the retcon of 99, the solar wind was given back to her and they retained her ability to tap into stars. Furthermore, even Lobdell, a noted detractor of Storm, stated that Storm is also Mistress of the Cosmic Storm in canon as well as planetary ones. This is in the 90s. Over the last couple of years, her ability to tap into stars and control the solar winds have been included in her entries of the Official Handbook of Marvel.

In regards to the Thor/Roguestorm thing with the comment about it being easier for him to disperse, you are purposely misreading the issue.

Storm holds herself back especially when working in a planatary atmosphere. When she went "punk", she let go of some her "blocks" and things that were difficult for her when she was "gentle" became much easier owing to her lack of restraint.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5886/undergroundmosoon6lj.th.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4089/undergroundmosoon28eh.th.jpg

This is why when she was Rougestorm, she had such a difficult time stopping that storm she created. Colossus has brought her back to her moral core and she was working within those boundaries when she was trying to disperse that storm that she created as Rougestomr. She would not allow herself to ride roughshod over it. She forced herself to gently disperse it. She does this for the sake of the ecosystem. (However, sometimes she just speaks directly to the storm and commands it to disperse and it does instantly. lol)

Thor, on the other hand, does not have to be so cautious as his hammer does all the work and he does not. All he has to do is tap his hammer the prerequisite time or just will the hammer to do it and that little dohickey does it all.

That said, there are stories where Ororo alters weather on a HUGE scale with just a thought, verbal command or gesture. For instance, even before she joined the X-Men, she dispersed a hemisphere-sized hurricane in "X-Men: The Hidden Years issue 7" with a mere gesture. She has altered weather on a continental scale more than once and globally as well.

As far as powers being limited to her will and body, that's in the official handbook as well.

Rutog98

She can take his attack, but he cannot take hers big grin :

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/...anther25/20.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/...anther25/21.jpg

Silent Master
The only one purposely misreading issues, is you.

This has been brought up multiple times, however you gernally leave and then start making the same claims in another thread in the hopes that people will get tired of correcting you.

Rutog98
The only one purposely misreading issues, is you.

This has been brought up multiple times, however you gernally leave and then start making the same claims in another thread in the hopes that people will get tired of correcting you.

I leave because I have a life and cannot always log on here to educate you people about the character. Even Claremont validated me on another board years ago. big grin He told everyone, "Though Rutog beats everyone over the head with his claims, he is right and much of what he states has been in canon nearly 30 years."

I've been at this a long time. I am secure in what I know and I know that I have right on my side. I can outlast you guys. I take great pride in correcting you Storm detractors. big grin

Silent Master
The "I have a life" tactic, I was wondering when you'd get around to using that one.

iceman24567
I leave because I have a life and cannot always log on here to educate you people about the character. Even Claremont validated me on another board years ago. big grin He told everyone, "Though Rutog beats everyone over the head with his claims, he is right and much of what he states has been in canon nearly 30 years."

I've been at this a long time. I am secure in what I know and I know that I have right on my side. I can outlast you guys. I take great pride in correcting you Storm detractors. big grin We get tired of debating with you Strom fanboys the fact that you think Storm is damn near unbeatable makes impossible to debate with nobody but another Storm fanboy agrees with your claims here so continue being a fanboy happy new year.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah the only deference was that THOR wanted to put IM down and in the same breath THOR didn't want to hurt storm... Other then that they were the same. rolling on floor laughing

phillipan
You have no proof about this. There is canon that states this as well as the fact that she cannot be directly harmed by any of the weather's manifestations. In other words, lightning hurting Storm is PIS. Storm took Thor's lightning, yes, however, if at anytime she is hurt by lightning, its PIS. Simple as that.
If storm cant get harmed by weather manifestations than does that mean she cant get wet or ripped apart by a tornado, blown away by a gust of wind if she doesnt act... that claim is ridiculous

Rutog98
Originally posted by phillipan
If storm cant get harmed by weather manifestations than does that mean she cant get wet or ripped apart by a tornado, blown away by a gust of wind if she doesnt act... that claim is ridiculous

She cannot be ripped apart by a tornado. She can breathe at any speed and doesn't have to worry about asphixiation or air friction when flying through the air at high velocities unprotected. She can be blown by a gust of wind, but the wind itself will not hurt her. However, if she happens to be blown into a mountainside or something, then that will hurt her. She would not be hurtby the wind itself, but by the mountainside.

Rutog98
We get tired of debating with you Strom fanboys the fact that you think Storm is damn near unbeatable makes impossible to debate with nobody but another Storm fanboy agrees with your claims here so continue being a fanboy happy new year.

Storm is difficult to debate for several reasons. The first and foremost is she can hit power levels cosmic in scope, but she holds herself back. If Storm vs. Thanos happened, Thanos would most likely win, however, there is certainly canon justifying a major victory for Storm where she could cream him as this canon estalishes with the character power levels to win big time. She would just have to be willing to tap into it and have a writer willing to explore that aspect of the character. The foundation is certainly there. It makes her hard to debate.

Symmetric Chaos
Storm is difficult to debate for several reasons. The first and foremost is she can hit power levels cosmic in scope, but she holds herself back. If Storm vs. Thanos happened, Thanos would most likely win, however, there is certainly canon justifying a major victory for Storm where she could cream him as this canon estalishes with the character power levels to win big time. She would just have to be willing to tap into it and have a writer willing to explore that aspect of the character. The foundation is certainly there. It makes her hard to debate.

Not really. Characters fight within the bounds of their personality. People make jokes about people doing ridiculous things with their powers but overall aspects of personality (like holding back) still apply.

Larceny

I love this. The all powerful Storm humbled...... an quite easily at that. So much for her having more control over the elements than Thor. In fact, so much for her being as powerful as Thor or any top tier for that matter.

Rutog98
Not really. Characters fight within the bounds of their personality. People make jokes about people doing ridiculous things with their powers but overall aspects of personality (like holding back) still apply.

True, but the thing is Storm has tapped into this kind of power several times. Hence, she will do it. This is not something that has been only stated with her but never shown.

Silent Master
Fact is, Storm has stated that Thor can do with a thought what she has to strain to do.

Symmetric Chaos
True, but the thing is Storm has tapped into this kind of power several times. Hence, she will do it. This is not something that has been only stated with her but never shown.

She doesn't do most if the time even against powerful opponents. That's all that matters.

2damnloud
Hmmm. You need to be brought up to date. It was in Uncanny 99 where she summoned the cosmic wind. In the corresponding Classic X-Men issue, it was retconned, you are correct there. However, in the Brood Saga, it was again stated that Storm can control the cosmic wind and she summoned the full power of the galactic core. In the corresponding Classic X-Men issue that came after the retcon of 99, the solar wind was given back to her and they retained her ability to tap into stars. Furthermore, even Lobdell, a noted detractor of Storm, stated that Storm is also Mistress of the Cosmic Storm in canon as well as planetary ones. This is in the 90s. Over the last couple of years, her ability to tap into stars and control the solar winds have been included in her entries of the Official Handbook of Marvel.

In regards to the Thor/Roguestorm thing with the comment about it being easier for him to disperse, you are purposely misreading the issue.

Storm holds herself back especially when working in a planatary atmosphere. When she went "punk", she let go of some her "blocks" and things that were difficult for her when she was "gentle" became much easier owing to her lack of restraint.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/5886/undergroundmosoon6lj.th.jpg

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4089/undergroundmosoon28eh.th.jpg

This is why when she was Rougestorm, she had such a difficult time stopping that storm she created. Colossus has brought her back to her moral core and she was working within those boundaries when she was trying to disperse that storm that she created as Rougestomr. She would not allow herself to ride roughshod over it. She forced herself to gently disperse it. She does this for the sake of the ecosystem. (However, sometimes she just speaks directly to the storm and commands it to disperse and it does instantly. lol)

Thor, on the other hand, does not have to be so cautious as his hammer does all the work and he does not. All he has to do is tap his hammer the prerequisite time or just will the hammer to do it and that little dohickey does it all.

That said, there are stories where Ororo alters weather on a HUGE scale with just a thought, verbal command or gesture. For instance, even before she joined the X-Men, she dispersed a hemisphere-sized hurricane in "X-Men: The Hidden Years issue 7" with a mere gesture. She has altered weather on a continental scale more than once and globally as well.

As far as powers being limited to her will and body, that's in the official handbook as well.

It's funny how they can never dispute this analysis, yet want us to believe that Thor lightning was more powerful based on how it LOOKED and a bunch of other unrelated factorslaughing out loud

The scans above clearly indicate that things become easier simply because she's in a different state of mind.

Claremont backs this when he states that the reason Storm was able to harness the composite energy of the core was because she had no CONCEPTION of her limitations and she was a suicide mission.

Rutog98
Fact is, Storm has stated that Thor can do with a thought what she has to strain to do.

What she strained to do because she forced herself to work gently with the forces of nature. What you are using is guile. You are leaving out details to paint a picture that is false and distorts the spirit of the events and circumstances.

iceman24567
She doesn't do most if the time even against powerful opponents. That's all that matters. Agreed she would get put down by a lot of low and mid tiers forget about Quasar and the rest of top tiers it would be spite.

Silent Master
And we are back to "The only one purposely misreading issues, is you".

2damnloud
I personally don't think Storm could beat any abstracts until more is written about that particular aspect.

I do feel she could beat most of "top-tier" people meationed and definately people like Magneto, Exodus, Thor etc.

iceman24567
I personally don't think Storm could beat any abstracts until more is written about that particular aspect.

I do feel she could beat most of "top-tier" people meationed and definately people like Magneto, Exodus, Thor etc. Has she ever beaten Thor?

2damnloud
And we are back to "The only one purposely misreading issues, is you".

Who?

Silent Master

BTW, Claremont wrote this

Symmetric Chaos

I do feel she could beat most of "top-tier" people meationed and definately people like Magneto, Exodus, Thor etc.

Did you rank Magneto and Thor together?

Larceny

How's she gonna beat Thor, let alone Magneto and Exodus? no expression

2damnloud
Has she ever beaten Thor?

The question is, why couldn't she?

He's harmed by BULLETS for God's sake laughing out loud

Rutog98
She doesn't do most if the time even against powerful opponents. That's all that matters.

One other thing to remember is the villains in the X-Men do not have the kind of power Storm wields. To boot, she faces them with a team. The villains strain and crack doing far less impressive things. In essense, she's not going to be written at that level in other story arcs. For instance, if a story came out next week where Storm taps into huge power and beats a rogue Firelord in battle, I already know that once the arc is over, she's going to be scaled back down since she's going to be facing much weaker villains in a team dynamic. I can accept this and just chaulk it up to her not wanting to tap into that kind of power all the time. However, in message board debates where characters are given their full credit, she reigns supreme. laughing

iceman24567
Did you rank Magneto and Thor together? eek! LLol Omg teh Storm is on da same level as Silva Surfa too.. confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>