The eye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809824029/video/4503020/standardformat/

Come out Feb 1st 2008

Neo Darkhalen
What a crap title.

steverules
You know it's a remake of a japanese film right?

MildPossession
Not a Japanese film, but yes a remake. The remake looks awful.

steverules
If not japanese what? I always thought it was japanese sad

BackFire
Chinese, I believe.

steverules
oh ok then thanks

Neo Darkhalen
I don't even want to bother asking about it...

steverules
To me it doesn't look like anything special....when I was 13/14 I probably woulda thought it looked like a good film but now that I've grown up I know what a good movie is and whats not when I see a trailer.

Neo Darkhalen
Very true.

SuppMan
well, i'm not exactly sure but in the movie they have thai dailogue and chinese dailogue. But i think the writing on the cover was chinese.. bad or good, the original movie still scares me somewhat. ha.

steverules
I am sure the original is a good scare

Neo Darkhalen
Doubt it.

steverules
How do you know?? You seen the original?

Neo Darkhalen
I am surprised you have not asked me this sooner.

steverules
Well I am asking now big grin

Neo Darkhalen
Nope for four reasons.

1) Never heard of it
2) What a stupid title
3) Its a remake of a horror film
4) It's a modern horror movie

SuppMan
well, i think you were asked if you have ever seen the original movie because the new one isn't even out yet. so the original movie can't be a remake because it's the original. (unless there is a black and white version i don't know about) so your number 3 doesn't make sense. I had the same reaction to the title when i first heard of it.. but when you watch it, its the perfect title for the movie.. because it all about the EYE!!

Neo Darkhalen
I was talking in context to the remake, if you could be bothered to read my previous posts above, I have clearly shown my distaste for this remake, and since most remakes are never as good as the original well then it can be assumed that it will fail, 3 is in context to the remake.

steverules
But you said that you doubt that the original is any good...so how do you know the original is no good?

MildPossession
The original isn't scary, but it is still good. Pity most of their other films were not so good.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by steverules
But you said that you doubt that the original is any good...so how do you know the original is no good?

Because it is called the eye.

steverules
Well it's about they eye so what else they gonna call it? The thing you use to see

Neo Darkhalen
The thing you can easilly blind.

steverules
I think the title is fine

Darth Vicious
I saw this today and while I didnt dislike it, I felt like I had watched it already. It was a mix of The Sixth Sense, Ghost and even Signs(the "shadows" looked like the aliens from Signs)

MildPossession
How on earth was The Eye like Ghost...

steverules
I think cause of the shadows that come out the ground when the bad people die and get taken to (what I assume to be) hell

MildPossession
In The Eye they don't come out of the ground from what I can remember, they just appear.

regina414
Hope to see this one on weekend.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by MildPossession
In The Eye they don't come out of the ground from what I can remember, they just appear.

Wherever they came from. Point is that like in Ghost, they show up after you died.

MildPossession
Ah but in The Eye, they show up before you die. I got confused with this topic, I was talking about the original, maybe they have changed it in the stupid remake.

steverules
I think thats what DV meant wink

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by MildPossession
Ah but in The Eye, they show up before you die. I got confused with this topic, I was talking about the original, maybe they have changed it in the stupid remake.
They showed before they died too but only when she saw the whole thing before it happened. When she encountered the blonde girl on the street(the one that had just died), they only showed the ghost taking her away.

MildPossession
It's still vastly different to Ghost, I doubt even the original creators of The Eye even thought about the movie Ghost when writing their script... and other films that came out before Ghost have done what Ghost did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.