Ideas to Improve the vs Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Larceny
I know I'm not a mod, but I'm a poster who feels that the vs has fallen off a little bit. Now this isn't a thread to bash mods or posters, but a thread to give ideas to help restore the forum back to it's former glory.

endrict
Sorry, but I can see this getting locked.

Larceny
Originally posted by endrict
Sorry, but I can see this getting locked.

Maybe, maybe not. If it's actually productive I think it has a chance of surviving.

I mean, as a poster who's been around for two years I'd like to see the vs forum thrive as it once did. Lately it's really been sleep, and I'd like to bring it back to it's former glory.

Faceman
Well ever since Badabing has been mod, I've seen a slight improvement over at the vs. forum.........

Symmetric Chaos
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Faceman
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

All lawyers should burn in Hell.. smile

endrict
Originally posted by Faceman
Well ever since Badabing has been mod, I've seen a slight improvement over at the vs. forum.........

Maybe it's because he's on 24/7 almost and shit doesn't last long around here anymore.

Faceman
Maybe it's because he's on 24/7 almost and shit doesn't last long around here anymore.

Thats a good thing , right ?

King Kandy
Badabing's been a great help.

endrict
Thats a good thing , right ?

Yup

endrict
Originally posted by King Kandy
Badabing's been a great help.

Agreed..

endrict
Originally posted by Larceny
Maybe, maybe not. If it's actually productive I think it has a chance of surviving.

I mean, as a poster who's been around for two years I'd like to see the vs forum thrive as it once did. Lately it's really been sleep, and I'd like to bring it back to it's former glory.

1. The amount of spamming has to stop or be cut back.
2. I see some attitude between some posters and this needs to chill.

Faceman
1. The amount of spamming has to stop or be cut back.
2. I see some attitude between some posters and this needs to chill.

Agreed it seems like some posters can get away with stuff, that would get a regular poster banned. I think warnings should be made equally, and publicly.

Badabing
I have noticed a few things. The words fanboy and sock get thrown around too loosely. Flame baiting is also becoming a big problem. Feeding trolls and socks is a problem which derails threads into spam/bash fests. Spite threads and threads made just to prove a point are also problems.

I can warn people all day but closing the thread for a time seems the easiest way to calm things down. The mods communicate and keep track of who causes problems.

What people perceive as "letting some posters get away with....." is not the case. 9/10 times it's a carry over from a different thread or a remark made earlier. People respond to different measures. Some are good with a PM, others need only a general remark in an open thread and some only respond to warnings. If I officially warned every poster who takes things too far then the Vs Forum would not be much fun.

Larceny
Originally posted by Badabing
I have noticed a few things. The words fanboy and sock get thrown around too loosely. Flame baiting is also becoming a big problem. Feeding trolls and socks is a problem which derails threads into spam/bash fests. Spite threads and threads made just to prove a point are also problems.

I can warn people all day but closing the thread for a time seems the easiest way to calm things down. The mods communicate and keep track of who causes problems.

What people perceive as "letting some posters get away with....." is not the case. 9/10 times it's a carry over from a different thread or a remark made earlier. People respond to different measures. Some are good with a PM, others need only a general remark in an open thread and some only respond to warnings. If I officially warned every poster who takes things too far then the Vs Forum would not be much fun.

We love you Badabing. big grin

endrict
The senior posters on KMC should set a good example because the have been here long enough to know the rules.

strengthkills
Originally posted by Badabing

Ban people who cant tell the difference between the word "Huc" and the word "Hulk".

Im jk,the vs. seems the same to me,just more kid-like mentalities around.

Its not to bad.

I enjoy it...at times.

Citizen V
The senior posters on KMC should set a good example because the have been here long enough to know the rules.

You say that like anyone reads the rules.

Badabing
Well ever since Badabing has been mod, I've seen a slight improvement over at the vs. forum......... Originally posted by endrict
Maybe it's because he's on 24/7 almost and shit doesn't last long around here anymore. Originally posted by King Kandy
Badabing's been a great help. Thanks everybody. I'm not on all the time but do stay logged in so my user name stays at the top of the page. evillaugh

endrict
Originally posted by Citizen V
You say that like anyone reads the rules.

Well, even still....A senior poster should know not to feed trolls or socks....rule or not.

Nod
Ban Nver. shifty

Ban Nod. raver

endrict
Originally posted by Nod
Ban Nver. shifty

Ban Nod. raver

Did you really have the need to spam this thread?

Badabing
Originally posted by Nod
Ban Nver. shifty

Ban Nod. raver dur

DigiMark007
Vs. forum tripe in my forum?!

Closed.

no expression

Also, what Bada said.

There's no more or less activity on the vs. forum, nor more or less idiocy. Sift through it and you can find real debates and respectful members. The rest should just be ignored, and refraining from being a part of the problem, even if it's in response to socks/trolls, is generally the best policy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.