If You Could, Would You Be A Writer or A Artist and Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

endrict
And for what company? DC or Marvel

I would rather be A writer because they come up with the plot etc..

I think still marvel I would like to work for, they have more interesting characters.

Larceny
Writer, because like everyone else on this bored I feel I could portray the characters I love better than any other.

Faceman
Writer, so that I can rid the comic world of PIS. Although it would be cool to be able to draw like some of these guys....

endrict
Guys I add a new thing, what company would you work for?

Faceman
Originally posted by endrict
Guys I add a new thing, what company would you work for?

Personally I think you should make the thread, but I would rather work for Marvel. Not because I'm biased or anything, but rather because I'm more well versed on their characters.

endrict
Originally posted by Faceman
Personally I think you should make the thread, but I would rather work for Marvel. Not because I'm biased or anything, but rather because I'm more well versed on their characters.

Because it's a double question, would you like to be a writer or artist? and for what company? DC or Marvel.

Darth Vicious
Writer since it can open doors to other mediums like movies and tv. I would say I would work for Marvel but Id rather be a freelance writer. Get a chance to write for all companies/characters.

Symmetric Chaos
Writer, just so I could mess with you guys.

Martian_mind
Writer,Dc.

First order of business,have Darkseid killed by that half baboon half dog thing from Hellblazer.

grey fox
The only problem with being a writer is that if you do anything even slightly controversial you have an entire fandom breathing down your collar. It isn't the artist who gets it in the neck , I can assure you of that.

I mean look at 'One More Day' or JMS's 'Magic Retcon'.

Val
Originally posted by grey fox
The only problem with being a writer is that if you do anything even slightly controversial you have an entire fandom breathing down your collar.
That's the fun part.

xmarksthespot
Well technically in the case of 'One More Day' it's the artist that's taking the flak... just not necessarily for his art.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by grey fox
The only problem with being a writer is that if you do anything even slightly controversial you have an entire fandom breathing down your collar. It isn't the artist who gets it in the neck , I can assure you of that.

Live in isolation and slowly go insane. No one will risk going after you (it works for AlanMoore)

Val
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Well technically in the case of 'One More Day' it's the artist that's taking the flak... just not necessarily for his art.
His art sucks too.

Darth Vicious
Rob Liefield! I swear, this is one of the handful artists that can even make stick figures look ugly!

Nod
Neither.

Write for Wildstorm I guess.

I wish people wouldn't always narrow it down lol.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nod
Neither.

Write for Wildstorm I guess.

I wish people wouldn't always narrow it down lol.

Wildstorm is DC.

Violent2Dope
Marvel Writer, so I could piss everyone off by restoring Beyonder to his PR levels. shifty

Nod
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Wildstorm is DC.

Yeah but I don't count it when I talk about this stuff mostly.

They never created it. Just bought it.

Mindship
Artist.

Because I like seeing what the characters look like and seeing what they can do more than reading about them or reading what they're saying. Comics are, ultimately, a visual medium.

Marvel...during its Silver Age. shifty

Alfheim
Writer because that way nobody gets to **** with my characters....but like Faceman said it would be cool if I could draw them.

GGS
I'd hate for someone to mess up my characters bad or misunderstand the direction of an arc after i'd finished it and sown some seeds for future events and then they just come along and kill all the ideas and tie up all the loose ends in their arc if i was a writer.

But i wouldn't mind being an artist it'd be a buzz walking into a shop and seeing what you made sitting their on the shelf looking groovy.

invisiblewoman
I would be an artist for Marvel not because i like them more but because i like marvels art better than DC currently.

SaintSmurph
Artist.

There are a few costumes out there I'd love to redesign. I don't want to have to worry about contradicting some statement made about Wolverine back in some minor issue back in 1992, that nobody save a handful actually care about.

Not to imply I'd actually worry, but still... ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.